Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite (17134 Views)

Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate / Full List Of Elected Governors In Nigeria 2015-2019 / Buhari's Message To Elected Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
Within his first year in office, Governor Ahmed not only effectively positioned Kwara as the emerging hub for agriculture in the country but has also facilitated tremendous in-flow of foreign direct investment into the sector. These include a N70 billion Valsolar Rice Project and a $150 million cassava processing complex.
These achievements are the products of the Medium Term Sector Strategy (MTSS), a four year-rolling plan which forms the framework for accelerating the state’s economic development, developed at the inception of the new administration.
From the MTSS comes Shared Prosperity, the Ahmed administration’s interconnected policy programme designed to economically empower the people of Kwara State and create inclusive prosperity through Impactive Economic Development, Human Capital Development and Youth Empowerment, Strategic Infrastructure and Effective Governance. Under Shared Prosperity, Governor Ahmed has implemented several life-transforming programmes such as the innovative Kwara Bridge Empowerment Scheme (KWABES), under which the government has employed 5000 youths so far, the construction and rehabilitation of 400 basic and senior secondary class rooms, introduction of free education at senior secondary school levels, rehabilitation of Ilorin, Offa, Share, Kaiama and Omu-Aran General Hospitals and the disbursement of N250m to cooperatives under Kwara Entrepreneurship Model.
To date, 30000 small business owners have benefitted from the revolving micro credit scheme. Under the government’s electrification program, 189 communities were connected to the National Grid in two years.
To make government business more efficient and the public service effective, Governor Ahmed also introduced Performance Contracting, a public service reform programme which includes a service charter and openness across all strata of government, a first by any state government in Nigeria.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
No fewer than 80, 000 people have benefitted from the low premium health insurance scheme of his administration. A patient needed to pay N500 premium to enjoy the state’s community health insurance scheme.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Mclick(m): 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
For Kogi, the name of the governor there is not, Ibrahim Idris, but he is the predecessor of the present governor, whose name is Idris Wada. That government is not doing anything, some civil servant have lost count of the number of months of salaries owed them. Moreso, I doubt if the government has any capital expenditure to show since inception. The people are surely going to kick them all out

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by donigspain(m): 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
arresa:

He shouldn't be anywhere near good so don't even talk about excellent?

Can you show us what else he's done with the largest state budget in West Africa besides the few roads in Uyo.?

After 8 years in Office, I can count the number of projects he dabbled into on one hand and they are all uncompleted, they are not even visionary or ground breaking projects.

1. 1 general hospital = Uncompleted

2. Tropicana Entertainment center (inherited from the previous administration) And still uncompleted after Akpabio's 2 terms in office while he still budget billions for the project every year..

3. Airport = Uncompleted

4. Stadium = Uncompleted

What else is there? Nothing.

Nothing but 8 years of waste and scam..

Take a chill pill dude! I only asked a question.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by nigerianvenom(m): 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
2sexi:
I don't think Fashola has done better than
Akpabio in terms of infrastructural development...
My Opinion.
In my school slang :" Akpabio finish work" walahi.
Sagamite, have you been to Uyo, Akwa Ibom?
That dude is the best Governor to have grace the
circles of Nigeria's political platform.

dont mind that guy.he is just making himself a laughing stock among his peers

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by arresa: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
donigspain: Take a chill pill dude! I only asked a question.

Take a chill pill dude! I only setting things straight..
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by arresa: 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
2sexi:
I don't think Fashola has done better than
Akpabio in terms of infrastructural development...
My Opinion.
In my school slang :" Akpabio finish work" walahi.
Sagamite, have you been to Uyo, Akwa Ibom?
That dude is the best Governor to have grace the
circles of Nigeria's political platform.

But you can educate us about Akpabio's infrastructure so why don't you just go ahead and do that. Talk is cheap.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Abbycite(m): 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
ntyce:

Mr Abbycite, abeg don't bring unsubstantiated claims. civil servants salaries are being paid as at and when due. He pays salaries on the 29th +or -2 days.
I guess you must be OOU student.
Even though my rating of his administration has declined in the last few weeks due to the Temporary abandonment of work by contractors which is yet to be explained.
But I still rank him among the better performers, no previous govt in Ogun State has touched all the zones in Ogun order than Amosun.
How about the ongoing Ota to Berger road? is it in Abeokuta?

bros, he try

Bro........when did he start to dey pay the said salaries.......... Let me guess, after the Tsunami in Ekiti bah!
I don't want to start comparison, but I still rate OGD first term in office higher..... and if u care to dispute this, let's bring their score sheet out.

BTW, its even gullible on Nigerians to rate government officials by infrastructures they built..... Do they use their money finance the projects or the state fund.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Bitojoe(m): 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
phransix147:

Maybe u expect him to share the state allocation with u first before u accept

i dont need state allocation.am blessed already.but the truth must be said...
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
arresa:

But you can educate us about Akpabio's infrastructure so why don't you just go ahead and do that. Talk is cheap.

have you been there? I mean Akwa Ibom?
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by okpanachil: 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mclick: For Kogi, the name of the governor there is not, Ibrahim Idris, but he is the predecessor of the present governor, whose name is Idris Wada. That government is not doing anything, some civil servant have lost count of the number of months of salaries owed them. Moreso, I doubt if the government has any capital expenditure to show since inception. The people are surely going to kick them all out

My brother the case of Kogi is pathetic.Teachers in the last 2years have probably spent more time on strike than in schools,infrastructure is a total mess.There is just one central road in the whole of lokoja the state capital,that which runs from nataco to barracks,the same road is ridden with potholes that can conveniently be occupied by the diameter of a car tyre.Every now and then we see a couple of artisans mending and patching the roads,in some cases only cement and sand is used as if it was some wall plastering job.Whenever it rains the roads are flooded becuase there are no drainages infact some routes become impassable.

Infrastrucutures are dilapidated,the only govt library in d capital is more like an abandoned musuem as books and shelves have become artifacts,how can students be encouraged to read?

Infact my submission on kogi is that there is no Government presence because if the state capital can be that abandoned then forget the LGs.

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by tit(f): 8:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
yero is a biggest failure!

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by IGBOSON1: 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
okpanachil:

My brother the case of Kogi is pathetic.Teachers in the last 2years have probably spent more time on strike than in schools,infrastructure is a total mess.There is just one central road in the whole of lokoja the state capital,that which runs from nataco to barracks,the same road is ridden with potholes that can conveniently be occupied by the diameter of a car tyre.Every now and then we see a couple of artisans mending and patching the roads,in some cases only cement and sand is used as if it was some wall plastering job.Whenever it rains the roads are flooded becuase there are no drainages infact some routes become impassable.

Infrastrucutures are dilapidated,the only govt library in d capital is more like an abandoned musuem as books and shelves have become artifacts,how can students be encouraged to read?

Infact my submission on kogi is that there is no Government presence because if the state capital can be that abandoned then forget the LGs.

^^^It's like that because, despite their numerous potential revenue generating resources; endless tracts of arable land; and being well positioned as a tourism hotspot.....despite all this going for them, Kogi has diverted its time, energy and resources to dragging 5 or 6 oil wells with Anambra; marginal wells that hitherto had been forgotten and left dormant till Anambra and Orient petroleum decided to revive them!

Way to go Kogites! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by arresa: 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
2sexi: have you been there? I mean Akwa Ibom?

I've been there and even if I haven't been there, you should be able to educate us since you know so much about the place.

The fact that you are asking me questions instead of listing r articulating exactly what he has done especially projects started and completed within his 2 terms of 8 years in office sounds like you have no clue per what you are talking about.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Elkristo(m): 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
iheanyi40: Abia state governor is d worst performing governor mehn
no o. Ebonyi 1st, then Abia
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by cococandy(f): 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ikedi ohakim?
Dude upgrade pls
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite, based on what I have seen on here in the last two years that I registered, I think Kano should be up there in the good bracket.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
phransix147: These are states I have visited in the past 4 years and my rating is over 10.

Akwa Ibom- 6
Abia-3
Imo-5
Anambra-5
Delta-5
Edo - 6
Cross River - 5
Oyo-4
Lagos-7
Niger-4
Rivers-6
Enugu-5
Kogi-4
Nasarawa-4
Kaduna-5
Ekiti-5
Osun-5
Kano-5
Plateau-4

Fashola still the best performer regardless... Least know performer should be Orji... Ebonyi remains N/A

Ondo State Govner na 419
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by bsalva(m): 9:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
Amosun has only touched Abeokuta North and South and added to ds are abandoned bridges in sagamu & ijebu ode,wat happens to d rest please visit d state and stop praising anyone Ajimobi is better.

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by ujoinme: 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
Akwa ibom 8/10
Enugu 7/10
lagos 6/10
rivers 6/10
delta 6/10
Anambra obi yrs 6/10
kano 5/10
cross river 5/10
jigawa 6/10
osun 4/10
ekiti 4/10
ogun 4/10
katsina 5/10
then the others

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by grinhans(m): 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
Bryan12: Caveat emptor.

na local welder dey construct the bridge?
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
arresa:

I've been there and even if I haven't been there, you should be able to educate us since you know so much about the place.

The fact that you are asking me questions instead of listing r articulating exactly what he has done especially projects started and completed within his 2 terms of 8 years in office sounds like you have no clue per what you are talking about.

You win... I don't engage in worthless arguements. smiley
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by arresa: 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
2sexi: You win... I don't engage in worthless arguements. smiley

What is worthless is you making worthless claims that you can not support with facts..

Thanks for admitting that you can not support your claims with facts..

Next time, put your facts where your mouth is...
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by arresa: 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
After 8 years in Office, I can count the number of projects he dabbled into on one hand and they are all uncompleted, they are not even visionary or ground breaking projects.

1. 1 general hospital = Uncompleted

2. Tropicana Entertainment center (inherited from the previous administration) And still uncompleted after Akpabio's 2 terms in office while he still budget billions for the project every year..

3. Airport = Uncompleted

4. Stadium = Uncompleted

What else is there? Nothing.

^^^^^ That's my claim and I dare you or any taker to prove me wrong...
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
arresa:

What is worthless is you making worthless claims that you can not support with facts..

Thanks for admitting that you can not support your claims with facts..

Next time, put your facts where your mouth is...
Already know where this will lead to even before it start. No time for such, brother. save your energy for worthwhile practices. cool
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Atouke: 10:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
ujoinme: Akwa ibom 8/10
Enugu 7/10
lagos 6/10
rivers 6/10
delta 6/10
Anambra obi yrs 6/10
kano 5/10
cross river 5/10
jigawa 6/10
osun 4/10
ekiti 4/10
ogun 4/10
katsina 5/10
then the others

I agree that akpabio is a better governor than fashola but at least fashola should get 7/10? dont you think.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by fiisms: 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
Amaechi 7/10

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by yerilistik: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
Like IBB regime said before June 12, "we do not know who will succeed us but we definitey know who will never succeed us..." In the same manner, It may be difficult to point out the best governor from among lagos, Akwa Ibom, Imo etc but never difficult to pick out the worst governor in Nigerian history. Put in a different way, we do not know who the best governor is but definitely know who the worst is ..I mean T.A Orji of Abia State. That man is an accident of history, having destroyed Abia as a whole and Aba in particular cry
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by arresa: 12:45am On Sep 24, 2014
2sexi: Already know where this will lead to even before it start. No time for such, brother. save your energy for worthwhile practices. cool

Funny how you have so much irrelevant rubbish to say, but you are still can not provide simple facts to back up your claims with.

When you make empty claims that you can not support with facts, then it means you are your claims are worthless so look in the mirror for worthless, you are worthless including the silly and worthless claim you can not back up with facts..
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 24, 2014
arresa:

Funny how you have so much irrelevant rubbish to say, but you are still can not provide simple facts to back up your claims with.

When you make empty claims that you can not support with facts, then it means you are your claims are worthless so look in the mirror for worthless, you are worthless including the silly and worthless claim you can not back up with facts..
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy no matter how hard you push, it wont get me to come out for argument that will not add or subtract anything from me. Enjoy! undecided

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by arresa: 2:01am On Sep 24, 2014
2sexi: no matter how hard you push, it wont get me to come out for argument that will not add or subtract anything from me. Enjoy!

..but you can not come out to add or subtract facts that you don't have and can not add so stop gassing yourself. Are you not dancing around all over the place just because you can not back up your ignorant claim with facts?

The fact is, you are not alone, there are many jokers like you, they spew ignorant nonsense, but when you ask them to back it up with facts, they start dancing around endlessly like a dazed goat.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 24, 2014
arresa:

..but you can not come out to add or subtract facts that you don't have and can not add so stop gassing yourself. Are you not dancing around all over the place just because you can not back up your ignorant claim with facts?

The fact is, you are not alone, there are many jokers like you, they spew ignorant nonsense, but when you ask them to back it up with facts, they start dancing around endlessly like a dazed goat.
grin grin grin grin I wonder why you feel so pained... Akpabio is Nigeria's best governor.... Go and Die grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fresh Fuel Crisis Looms As PENGASSAN Threatens Strike / FFK, Reno Omokri, Wike, 7 Others Top Opposition Voices In Nigeria Since 2015 / Fisayo Soyombo Deletes Tweet Accusing LASG Of Owing Pensioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.