Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,393 members, 7,800,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). (25621 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by kevy(m): 1:04am On Feb 13, 2009
@Image123
thanks, i've learnt alot from you.
God bless.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2009
February 13 Hebrews 13v5,6

Heb 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, "I will never leave you; I will never abandon you."
Heb 13:6 Let us be bold, then, and say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?" Good News Bible
Are you a christian,there's no need for you to be coveteous.There is no need to envy others or to be jealous of anybody.Be content with what you have.Be grateful to God for what you have.Think of it,you have the Bible always at your disposal. Not everybody has the Bible,not every one knows or believes in the Bible.You can communicate with God at anytime.Even now.At no cost. I remember Daniel communicating with God at the cost of the lion's den.Today,you have freedom.You can pray.You can make things to happen.You can move the hand that moves the world.You have God by yourself.The Father,the Son and the Spirit.Right there with you.He has said "I will never leave thee,nor forsake thee." He said so,that we
may boldly say.You can speak it.You can say it.The Word is already in your mouth and in your heart.Say it boldly!Say it with confidence.Say it in front of everybody.Say it now.The Lord is my helper.Greater is He that is in me.I will not fear.Whatever the boss may say,whatever my doctor may know,whatever my bank,my lecturer,my landlord,my rivals,the papers,the charts may tell me.I will not fear.God is with me.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2009
@kevy
Thanks a lot.i really do appreciate it.God bless you
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:34pm On Feb 14, 2009
February 14 Mark 14v38

Mar 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
The sooner Christians begin to realise that the flesh is weak,the better.That is what Jesus said "The flesh is weak". Whoever you might have heard doesn't know more about faith than Jesus.This is truth,the flesh is weak.When we know that,we will not fall all the time.We will not make silly mistakes and start giving excuses,'No one is perfect' excuses.The reason for falling into temptation is because we do not watch and pray.Many Christians do not pray on/of their own volition.Note this,If you've said something to God,you will know what to say or not to say when temptation comes.We're also to watch.That means to be careful and vigilant.Be careful/watch what you say.Some people do not think before they act and then they blasphemously claim to be doing as the spirit leads.Well,maybe an evil spirit.Watch what you read,hear or see.You as a christian cannot read just everything,you need to be careful.You can't listen to just anything or see just anything(music,movies,TV,Life).Watch and pray,lest you enter into temptation.Don't be too sure of yourself.Those are the words of Jesus,anybody can fall,you're still on earth.Judas fell,Peter fell,Demas fell.Do not fall.And if you've fallen or are falling,stand up like Peter and keep standing.Do ALL you can to stand.You will stand.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2009
February 15 Proverbs 15v3

Pro 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
Have you ever seen or heard of tracking devices?These devices are a part of modern day technology and are useful in tracking/tracing movement and location of things or of people.Some of these devices are so small that you wouldn't even notice.they could be put in your cloth,on your phone,in your hair or even planted inside your body. Anywhere you move to,a monitor detects it.In developed countries,satellite equipments could even be used to monitor you.
Now that's what we humans are capable of,and they are improving on it everyday.God has something similar.His eyes are in every place beholding the evil and the good.There's nothing hidden from God.You may cover your sin that nobody may know,but you cannot hide it from God.You need to surrender yourself to Him and ask for pardon through the cleansing blood of Christ.We have an advocate with God,Jesus Christ.He can help you.God sees the evil and the good.He will reward every man according to his/her work.God's eyes are in every place.He sees your heart,your thoughts,your behaviour,your desire,your situation.You can turn this tracking to your advantage.Surrender to God and be set free Today.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:27am On Feb 16, 2009
February 16 Acts16:30,31

Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Like an old song writer sang,a life without Christ is a shattered dream.Whatever good dream and excellent vision/picture you may have,it will only function well with respect to Christ.There is no profit/satisfaction in having the whole world and not having Christ.You,take the whole world and give me Jesus,I'm satisfied.That's the language of spriritual people.
Sir,what must I do to be saved?What is the most essential thing.What is the priority,the principal,the no 1 thing that I must do to be saved? Paul,is it following you about?Good idea,but no. Paul,is it joining the Philppian church?Wonderful decision,but no. Paul,should I go and defend you before your haters?I'll love that but no.The "must" thing is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.Please,its not the only thing to do to be saved.It is the "must" thing.The devils also believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and tremble.That's where they stop,so you do not stop there.Believe unto salvation and then bring forth fruits of repentance.Lets see Jesus in you in your good works.Lets see Jesus in you in your commitment and in your behaviour. But again,first things first,before works comes faith,a "must" to be saved.Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:34pm On Feb 17, 2009
February 17 Psalm 17v8

Psa 17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,

I love David. He was an excellent fellow.Although he knew all the promises of God,although he had a competent army around him,yet he prayed.He prayed for safety.Some people don't pray except in church.They say "what for? Am I poor? Am I sick?" Some blame God and say,"O,but God promised to protect His people.Why did He allow such and such to happen to so and so.Did you think to pray?
The prayer of faith.the trust in God.Keep me as the apple of the eye,hide me under the shadow of thy wings.God can keep.God can hide. It is widom to pray to Him to do so.Of course,we have our little parts to play like we saw yesterday.you become saved and then allow God to keep you as the apple of the eye.You can become the apple of God's eye.Kept by the power of God.Untouchable.In the hollow of His hands.He permitted no man to do them wrong.Yes,He criticized kings for their sakes,saying Touch not mine anointed. God can hide you from sin,from sickness,from sorrow,from suffering.He can hide you from poverty.He can hide you under the shadow of His wings.All things are possible to the person who believes.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by oluwdashmi(f): 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2009
Isaiah 60 vs 1-3

Arise! Shine! for my light is come and the glory of the lord is risen upon me. For darkness shall cover the earth and gross darkness his people but the lord shall arise upon me and his glory shall be risen upon me. For the Gentiles shall come to my light and Kings to the rising of my brightness. HALLELUYAH!!
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2009
Amen

February 18 Psalm 18v22,23

Psa 18:22 For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me.
Psa 18:23 I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity.

If there was any ancestor or father on earth that Jesus Christ looked comfortable to be affiliated with,it was David.He is the Son of David.David was truly a man after God's heart.According to our Today's passage, all of God's commands were in front of him and he did not put any away. He wasn't like the pick and choose your choice modern day christians that are everywhere today.He didn't give excuses like 'Moses was telling Israel that because of their generation, or because they were in the wilderness'. He took the Word as indeed the Word of God. And he took it personal.He didn't have access to new testament covenant.He didn't know about the blood of Jesus that speaks better things.He didn't know about obtaining a better promise, but he never complained.He was upright before God,not just before himself or before his congregation and denomination.
And he kept himself from his iniquity.That is a big lesson that we modern day christians need to learn.David wasn't complaining or placating sinners about not being perfect.He kept himself from his iniquity.No wonder the Bible records that he offended God just once. Keep yourself from your iniquity. Lay aside the sin that easily besets you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:05am On Feb 19, 2009
February 19   Revelation 19:7

Rev 19:7  Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

We live in a world that is for now ruled by satan,the god/prince of this world.The devil's control tries to dictate our mood.He tries to force oppression and sadness on people by the things that they hear.He puts anxiety and fear in every heart that permits him.But God's children have the power and decision to rejoice evermore.Be of good cheer.Let us be glad and rejoice. It's your decision.The devil gives false joy with his methods of popular entertainment,but joy is actually a personal decision and a ready fruit of the Spirit for the child of God. So everytime friends,let us rejoice.Let us give honour to God.The marriage of the Lamb is soon.Today's passage says 'and his wife has made herself ready'.Are you preparing for your marriage with Jesus Christ,the Lamb.What are you doing to get ready? It takes personal preparation.It involves proper planning.Its not going to happen by chance.Be a wise virgin.Be prepared. Some christians are of the mentality that they are passive,and that they will get to heaven if God wants them to.No ma,it takes personal purpose of heart.God is willing that ALL be saved but you have to make yourself ready.Prepare,be in the right state to meet Jesus.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:36pm On Feb 20, 2009
February 20 John 20:11,12

Joh 20:11 But Mary stood without at the sepulcher weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulcher,
Joh 20:12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.

Have you ever looked at someone and thought, "well,that man/woman is just so lucky.He's favoured.She's destined for it." Well,most times,such assessment is wrong.Those people usually do the 'extra' to achieve the extraordinary.If you do the ordinary things that everybody is doing,you are going to get the ordinary results that everyone is getting. Dare to do the extra.god's extra awaits you. Don't just say "that man can teach,that woman can pray".They developed themselves.They went the extra mile.They were awake when others were asleep.They were working at being the best while others were 'having a good time with friends'.The woman in our text was 'the last woman standing'.She stood while others went away to their home.She saw what the others did not see at the sepulchre.She became the first to see the resurrected Christ. If you will pray more than you're currently doing,if you will study God's Word better than now,if you will be more obedient and more willing to receive from God, you will surely get God's extra.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2009
February 22 Acts 22v2

Act 22:2 When they heard that he spoke to them in the Hebrew language, they were even more quiet. He said, The World English Bible

For sometime now,there's been some form of pressure on the 'high class' of our society to always speak the official language.It's rubbing off on the 'middle class' and the 'lower class'. All of our children now want to speak the official english language,which is good.But they are feeling ashamed and most times incapable of speaking the 'unofficial' languages.Thats the problem.That is the problem. It is not right.Everyone should be encouraged to learn how to speak and write and read the official and the 'unofficial' languages. Language is powerful.It readily links you in a strange land/abroad.It helps you communicate.The people in our Today's passage kept more silence,paid more attention when they heard Paul speak in their native language.Thats the way it has always been and that is the way it wil continue to be. Do not dump/dismiss/dispose of your native language.You will certainly need it soon.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2009
February 23 1Samuel 23v14

1Samuel 23:14 And David abode in the wilderness in strongholds, and remained in a mountain in the wilderness of Ziph. And Saul sought him every day, but God delivered him not into his hand.

"Do your best and leave the rest for God to take care of".I'm hoping you must have heard something along this lines.It used to be a popular saying/advice and even action.Today,the advice and action has shifted to do your best,do your best. You and only you,no God.There's no more trust in God.No more part for God to play. On the other side of the divide,we have some people who do nothing at all,but claim to leave all to God.
The truth is that you have your little part to play and God has His part to play.To enjoy heaven on earth, do your best and leave the rest for God to handle. Thats the way that our Bible examples did it.Our Today's passage shows us David trusting God for protection from king Saul,who was looking for David every day. David did his best,he hid in STRONGHOLDS in a mountain in the wilderness.If you read the Psalms
and other books,you'll also see how much he trusted in God.Well,he has testimony.He was kept by the power of God.God delivered him not into Saul's hand,says verse14.Play your part lawfully and allow God to play His mighty part.Victory is sure.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:54am On Feb 24, 2009
February 24 Psalm 24:1

Psalms 24:1 A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof.O,that we could fully understand this,and to know its import. You've probably understood this verse in the lines of provision/divine supply.Its very right and it works.But apart from that,the earth is the Lord's.As in,the earth belongs to God and whatsoever is in/on it. He can do what He wills with it just as certainly as I can do what I want to with one of MINE T-shirts.
I can iron it when I want to.I can wear it anytime and as many times as I want before I wash it.I can decide to throw it away or give it out.I can turn it from a 'daywear' to a 'nightwear'.I can turn it to an underwear.I can verily turn it to a rag or burn it.It is mine. Sometimes,I see people whining,here on nairaland and in other places about how God did this,employed those methods,killed that,permitted so,punished such etc.
and how God is unfair for doing God knows what. the earth is the Lord's,that's why.Like apostle Paul said in Romans "shall the thing formed say to Him that formed it,why has thou made me thus".The world,the universe and everybody that stays in it,belong to God. Some laughable people complain about having to give THEIR 'hard earned' cash to God or to somebody.They do not realise that technically,nothing belongs to them. Let's cooperate with God our Maker.It will make time and eternity more pleasant for us to live in.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:11am On Feb 25, 2009
February 25 MAtthew25:8

Matthew 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

The story of the ten virgins is important to all christians.It is the story of the kingdom of God,the kingdom of heaven.It tells of people who took their lamps.It tells of people who are expecting the return of Jesus Christ,the bridegroom. Today,you may look at others and feel sorry for them because they do not believe God,they do not believe in Jesus,they do not believe in the Word of God.But let he that thinketh that he stands, take heed lest he fall.Its not enough to be a virgin.Be a wise virgin.Be wise unto salvation.Do your best.You have access to equal amount of grace as any other child of God.Plunge into the grace of God and be the best for Him.Be holy.Be ready.You have the chance to obey the Word of God,you have the privilege of buying oil for yourselves.Don't wait,thinking that you can borrow.Pastor's holiness will not suffice to take you to be with the bridegroom.Mummy/Daddy's righteousness will not take you to heaven.The church/denomination you attend will not automatically qualify you. Your child,your brother,your friend's dedication and commitment to god will not put oil in your lamp.Go and get oil for yourselves now that we can still call Today.Don't be a foolish virgin.Set your priorities right.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:49pm On Feb 26, 2009
February 26 Acts 26v18a

Act 26:18a To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light,

Salvation is a definite experience.It is evident.You will know it when you get saved.People around you will know it.It is as clear as walking with your eyes closed and walking with your eyes open.Its as different as searching for something in the dark and searching for the same thing with the aid of good light.Giving your life to Christ is an unforgettable experience.It's not the one that you raised up your hand, or that you even
came out for altar call and then three hours later,you forgot that such an event even took place.You're still the same old person. No,the Bible says if any man be in Christ,he is new.Old things are passed away.It's either the Bible is wrong or you are wrong.Salvation is to open your eyes.You've been blind to spiritual things/ways before.But now you begin to see if you do not close your eyes.You know some people are not blind,but they close their eyes to walk.As a believer,you can see.you've got power.You can use the power if you so choose.The believer is turned from darkness to light.You now see/know how to please god and you do it because the light has shone/come.It's not just an inside thing.it reflects outside.Yes,it starts from inside,but out of its inward abundance,it shows outside.It shows in your look,your speech,your actions,your reactions,your thoughts. Walk the new life.Do not put the old into the new.Remove the old.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:40pm On Feb 27, 2009
February 27 Proverbs 27:12

Proverbs 27:12 A prudent man seeth the evil, and hideth himself; But the simple pass on, and suffer for it.
(ASV)

From this verse,you are either prudent or simple.What a classification! You are either wise or foolish,either sheep or goat.Are you prudent,are you wise,are you sheep? Do you have the witness of the Spirit of God?It's important that you do 'cause if you don't,you're on the other side,the wrong side,the devil's side.And they are many on the other side.But we peculiar people,we are with God.
The simple is unintelligent,overall.The prudent is wise,sensible and CAREFUL.He hides himself from unnecessary risks.He foresees the evil, and hides himself.He is not carefree or careless.he's not the 'whatever will be will be' type.He is careful.Some christians today are too careless.Careless in relationships,careless in talk,careless in dressing,carefree in composure,careless with money,carefree with time,carefree about consequences,careless in almost everything.They just pass on,like the simple.Nothing matters to them. To them,life is short,so live carefree and careless.There is punishment for such are life.The passage says they are punished. The prudent foresees .Even when the devil paints the thing,the prudent foreSEES the evil.And he doesn't just walk into the evil in 'faith',no.He hides himself.The prudent sees danger and hides but the simple go on,and suffer for it.Are you prudent?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:56am On Feb 28, 2009
February 28 Exodus 28v2

Exodus 28:2 And thou shalt make holy garments for Aaron thy brother for glory and for beauty.

Aaron was the head of the priests.He was an example for others to follow,a leader.Aaron's clothing was holy and seperate.He was dressed for God's glory and beauty.It should be the same way with us as christians today. The Bible calls us a royal priesthood.We are God's priests,bringing our sacrifice to Him and reconciling others to Him.Our dressing should be holy.We should be seperate,different from the world.Our garments should be for God's glory,not man's glory,not our glory.We're not dressed to kill whether physically or spiritually.God made all living things.He has given us the privilege to dress unlike the animals or plants.Infact,He clothed Adam and Eve.God's purpose for clothing must be preserved.It is for His glory and beauty.We can learn from Aaron's dressing.We can dress like our spiritual leaders if their dressing glorifies God and not just the flesh.Today, many people's dressing glorifies the transient fashion of this world.The glorify the musicians and the footballers and the movie stars instead of learning from more responsible people that have heaven in focus and pleasing God as a priority.Learn to dress right,for glory and for beauty.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2009
March 1 John 1v29

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
ISV

Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing pow'r?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour ?

Are you washed, in the blood?
In the soul cleansing blood of the Lamb?
Are your garments spotless?Are they white as snow ?

When the Bridegroom cometh will your robes be white?
Pure and white in the blood of the Lamb?
Will your soul be ready for the mansions bright
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb?

Lay aside the garments that are stained with sin
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb
There's a fountain flowing for the soul unclean
Oh be washed in the blood of the Lamb.
The Lamb of God is able to take away the sin of the world.he can take away your sin today.he can take it away now.Don't hold on to it.Let Him take it away.Let Him have His Way.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Jesarmy(f): 1:22pm On Mar 02, 2009
March 2
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love towards us,in that, while we were yet sinners,Christ died for us.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:09am On Mar 03, 2009
March 3 Ephesians3:19

Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.

Apostle Paul was writing to the saints that were at Ephesus.You can see that from the first verse of this epistle.He was writing to the faithful people,and then he was praying for them.A wonderful prayer.An uncommon prayer in our days.A prayer for their spiritual growth.Many christians do not have the idea that we need to grow spiritually.I'm not talking about growing in status in the church,from being first timer to becoming member to usher to cell leader and so on.That is very good but there is more that matters.i'm not refering to youth pastor becoming music director, and then starting his ministry or becoming regional pastor/overseer.Very good, but better than that.i'm talking about what is in the centre of God's mind and of His apostle.Spiritual growth.its something EVERY christian should pray for.Spiritual growth.The growth of the spirit,'the inner man'.Although our outward man perish,yet our inner man is renewed everyday.Forever growing,the eternal life of God in you.It is for this cause that I bow my knees,as Paul said. Please,I'm not refering to a prayer/cause for dominion in the workplace,or victory over your neighbour/enemies,or prayer for money.Its a prayer to know what passes/surpasses knowledge,what is above reason.Saints grow in knowledge.They don't just stay in one place fighting against everything that they presently know.they grow to know the love of Christ.the love that constrains,that forces us above what our flesh and our minds know.Its more than I could humanly explain.You can go for this love and growth.Men ought always to pray.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:51pm On Mar 04, 2009
March 4 1Timothy 4v1,2,6

1Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Timothy 4:6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
This is what is called great plainess of speech.the Spirit speaking expressly.Anybody can understand this.As in,you don't even need to be spiritual or born again to understand this.There's no mystery of godliness in this one,no secret thing to be sealed up.The Spirit of God,the Spirit of truth,who will not speak of Himself but what He hears from God,He says i.e God says some will depart from the faith.I thank God He said some,not all.I'll stay with Him.Some do not.They stay on the extreme.Some people believe that everybody has departed from the faith.Some on the other hand are so careless to think that none has departed from the faith.they believe that we're all serving God,judge not,love and listen to everybody. But the Spirit,the Comforter is expressly telling us that there are seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.Doctrines of devils.Today,people are impressed by preachers.They say that man can teach,that woman can prophesy,can evangelise.The question is what are they teaching? Very good at teaching but teaching doctrines of devils,manipulating using scriptures,speaking lies in hypocrisy.Having seared conscience that do not feel anything again.Consciences that permit sin.They feel so much love for sin and sinners that they have deep hatred and will have nothing to do with people who try to uphold righteousness.We need to meditate on this things and remember this,especially in this times and in our country Nigeria.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:00am On Mar 05, 2009
March 5 Acts 5v34

Acts 5:34 Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space;
The children of God had gone to obey God,but the high priest and his colleagues were not happy about it.There were some hotheads amongst them that wanted to kill the children of God.It was the timely intervention of Gamaliel that stopped them.The chapter says that "to him they agreed".He was right thinking and clear thinking.He was educated.You know,that's the benefit of education.No education is
lost.It is the best legacy.Whatever gift or skill a person may possess,he will very well do more than two times better if he had some education.Like some will say,'illiteracy is deadly'.Its a disease,a menace.Get some education.It will help you.Like I've heard some say,"Let school pass through you". Gamaliel was a DOCTOR of the law.The Bible says that he was had in reputation among ALL the people.Thats what your education can do for you.You know,while others were deliberating and taking wrong counsel,he commanded.He commanded.Education can put you in command.It can make others to see reason with you.Reach for the top.Wisdom is available for you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by fantacie(f): 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2009
good work smiley just keep it up.God Bless u my dear.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:48pm On Mar 05, 2009
Amen ma/sir.Thank you
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2009
March 6 2Corinthians 6v1

2Corinthians6:1 In our work together with God, then, we beg you who have received God's grace not to let it be wasted. (GNB)

Have you read the story of the prodigal son? He had the resources and the inheritance from the Father but it was all in vain.That is what it means to be prodigal.It is wasteful. Its not like you do not have it but that you waste it.It's not like you're not a child or a son of God,it's just that you're a prodigal son,a wasteful,careless child.
That's why the writers of the epistle of Today's passage are pleading, beseeching,anxiously asking you with Him (Jesus Christ) that you receive not the grace of God in vain.Do not receive this salvation for nothing.You've got the resource and the inheritance from God to live a new life, a challenging life,a seperate life, a radiant radiating life, a righteous holy life, a godly godlike life.Do not live a life of self pity,a life of "I'm just human,I'm not perfect". Live with the power of the grace that is in you.The grace of God is enough for you.He has given it.And if you feel that its not enough,you even have opportunity to come to the throne of grace ,and find grace to help you the next time you need it.Do not receive this grace in vain.Receive it to go and sin no more.Receive it to be a light to others and a salt to this corrupted world.Receive it to be different.Do something with the grace of God.Share that grace.Lets see it.Live to please God.You've got grace.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2009
March 7 Acts 7v6

Act 7:6 And God spake on this wise, That his seed should sojourn in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and entreat them evil four hundred years.

In Today's passage,we're reminded of God telling Abraham about his descendants and what was to happen to them.Imagine that! This was before the 12 sons/tribes of Israel were born.This was before Moses.This was before Esau and Jacob.It was even before Isaac and Ishmael.Yet God was thinking about Abraham's descendants.It's an encouragement for us to take no thought.Do not be worried or anxious.God is thinking about you.He knew about you before your mother was born.I said before they gave birth to your mother.He had plans for you before you started school and while you were still trying to write 1,2,3 and recite A-Z.If you've given your life to God,I can assure you.
God is thinking good concerning you.Thoughts of joy,thoughts of peace,thoughts that will help you, to give you an expected end.Leave satan to deal with fears and worries.Connect with God's thoughts and plans.It is well with the righteous.The Scriptures say it is well with you.God is able.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:49pm On Mar 08, 2009
March 8 Psalm 8v6

Psalms 8:6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

I'm informed that everyone knows that man is special.Believers and unbelievers are saying it.Learned and unlearned people share it.Athiests,agnostics and religious people,scientists,pastors, they all know that man is special.If you don't know,well now you know.Man is higher than any living thing.It is God's doing and it is marvelous in our eyes.Man is amazed by himself.Researchers even say that man is presently working at a low capacity and ability.Think about that! With all these modern modern,jetage,IT,and so on,we could still do far better.So it means that we've not arrived.God has put all things under our feet.How we need God in our lives to show us how we ought to go about acheiving our dominion.he has given it to us already.We need to walk in it.Possess it and get higher and brighter as the days go by.Walk in the dominion that God has given you.Take charge of circumstances.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:02am On Mar 10, 2009
March 10 Proverbs 10v4

Pro 10:4 He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.

He becomes poor that deals with a slack hand.He becomes,that means he leaves his present state to become poor.From good to bad,or worse still from bad to worse.Why? Because he deals with a slack hand.He is not firm,not diligent,not disciplined. In other words,he takes things too easy.
Slack,not firm enough,not doing things at the right time,procrastinating.But the hand of the diligent makes rich.It takes you to higher ground.Do not take things loosely,with a slack hand.It will make you poor.It will steal from you.Procrastination is a theif.It can still your joy,your promotion,your money,your time,your life.He becomes poor that deals slackly.Christians,let's be diligent.This is our path to riches.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:25am On Mar 11, 2009
March 11 Psalms 11v1

Psalm 11:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?

Simply incompatible.Yes. Faith and fear are not compatible.You can't have them together.The Psalmist was surprised at the suggestion of fear.He exclaimed,"how say ye to my soul,flee as a bird to your mountain?".It's good to know who you are and what you have. If you do,the devil cannot toy with you.If only you put your trust in God,O my,there will be nothing to be afraid of,nothing to be worried about.
You need to have your foundations sure and secure by faith in the Son of God.In the Lord I put my trust.It would have been different if my trust was in my uncle,or in my company,or my job,or my mother,or my child,or even myself,or my pastor,or my investments,or mine abilities,capabilities and skills. In the Lord put I my trust.You can't tell me to be afraid.
Flee as a bird to your mountain? Thats not for me.I don't understand that one.Its for the enemy.Its for the adversary.It is the devil that will flee from me.It is sickness that will flee.It is fear that will flee. I put my trust in Jehovah.He is enough.He is able.His name oozes ability.Don't ever tell my soul to fear again.I am on the Lord's side.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by JJYOU: 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2009
[size=18pt] Holy Money[/size]
Kenneth Behr Ministry Leadership - Finance
Print PDF
Addressing holiness in a season of fiscal scandal and investigation.
All too often, the best instruction on integrity, accountability and transparency in our churches and nonprofit ministries is largely ignored by the very leaders, organizations and churches that most need to embrace it. Today we find the church in the midst of one of the largest public inquires in memory, with headlines calling integrity into question: "Televangelists Face Intense Federal Probe." "Senator Probes Televangelists' Finances." "Accusations Force Charismatic University President to Resign."

For those Christian leaders who've had their heads in the sand or simply opted not to follow the developing story, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the ranking member on the U.S. Senate Finance Committee, recently initiated an investigation into "possible misuse of donations" among six prominent charismatic ministries. On Nov. 5, 2007, Grassley sent out detailed four- to six-page letters to each nonprofit inquiring about various allegations including excessive compensation, luxury automobiles, a personal jet aircraft and a number of financial transactions that appear to have personally benefited those under scrutiny. Those ministries currently targeted by Grassley are led by Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Benny Hinn, Eddie Long, Joyce Meyer, and Randy and Paula White.

Only weeks prior, a multilayered scandal erupted at Oral Roberts University (ORU) involving the institution's financial dealings, along with alleged moral and ethical problems concerning then-president Richard Roberts and his family. Starting with allegations from three former ORU professors of wrongful termination, the saga snowballed into further accusations of the school's improper involvement in politics, a "breaking" story regarding its $50 million-plus debt, Roberts' eventual resignation and an 11th-hour $70 million donation pledge to the university. Interestingly, donor Mart Green, founder of Christian supply store chain Mardel, had no ties to ORU but simply wanted to help the university move forward. After giving $8 million in cash, he stipulated the remainder on a review of financial records after 60 to 90 days and is requesting at least two seats on the board of regents for his family. "We're coming in and saying it's a spiritual issue—let's get integrity, let's get trust built back and the rest will go away," Green said.

Clearly matters of integrity and trust are playing a huge role in the ORU situation and the Grassley investigation. Yet rather than looking at this problem from the perspective of the more pragmatic trio of integrity, accountability and transparency, let's look at it from a more biblical perspective. I believe it's time for the church at large to get serious about holiness.

Who's Influencing Whom?

Since the ORU story broke my phone has continually rung with requests for comments by the nation's press. The reason: The organization I represent, the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), has accredited more than 2,000 evangelical ministries. None of the aforementioned ministries belong to our association. It's by default that I've become a popular spokesman for nonprofit accountability. I've had numerous questions about what I believe Grassley may be after in his inquiry of the six television ministries (I try to answer those). I also get several questions about so-called "prosperity preachers" and their seemingly extravagant lifestyles (I like to avoid those).

In light of the varied questions, I believe it's more important here to address the topic of holiness than the specific inquiries being made by Grassley for two reasons: First, the interrogatories need to be answered by each ministry, and until they are answered, we can only speculate regarding any specific Internal Revenue Service code infraction, penalty or remedy. (As of this magazine's printing, the appointed due date for these ministries, Dec. 6, had not arrived.) Second, there are no specific standards by the government, the IRS, the ECFA or even anywhere in the Bible regarding how much salary is too much, at what price does a vehicle become inappropriate for a minister, or whether ministry leaders should fly coach, first class or on their own private jets.

The Bible does speak, however, about holiness. I remember learning years ago that holiness is about being separate. Not separate from the world, but separated from sin. I've also learned holiness isn't so much about being free from the distractions of the world as being uncorrupted by the things of the world.

When my daughter and son were younger they would challenge me from time to time about the rules their mother and I had placed on them that were meant to keep them from unholy influences. I told them often that although Jesus had the opportunity to eat, visit and fellowship with both saints and sinners, He always had more influence on the people around Him than they had on Him. We should be circumspect of unholy influence.

Unfortunately, in the midst of teaching on prosperity, the tithe and the hundredfold return, many have forgotten the basic understanding of holiness. One of the great expositors of the 19th century, J.C. Ryle, described holiness as "the habit of being of one mind with God , hating what He hates, loving what He loves, and measuring everything in this world by the standard of His Word." In Holiness: Its Nature, Hindrances, Difficulties, and Roots, Ryle wrote that "a holy man will endeavor to shun every known sin and to keep every known commandment. , [He] will follow after temperance and self-denial. He will labor to mortify the desires of his body, to crucify his flesh with his affections and lusts, to curb his passions [and] to restrain his carnal inclinations."

Keeping Things Separate

Though the topic of holiness involves an array of issues, let's hone in on those particular to running a ministry—more specifically, a ministry that has the opportunity to receive large amounts of money from donations given freely and provided a tax receipt.

One of the principles we at ECFA talk about—in fact, we insist on it for ministries that are accredited by ECFA—is that the duties of the board of directors should be separate and distinct from the duties of the chief executive (CEO, president or senior pastor). In addition, we encourage each ministry to hire or secure the services of the best accountant or CPA possible to further separate the rather mundane but extremely important duties of finance, accounting and board governance from the senior leader.

As our churches and ministries grow, we need to allow those with the gift of administration the opportunity to exercise their gift to the extent that God has enabled them (see 1 Cor. 12:28). Pastors usually have numerous gifts, including those of leadership, preaching and teaching, to name a few. Yet pastors really should not be involved in setting their salaries, determining what types of cars the ministry should provide them and various other perks, let alone what the IRS requires regarding documentation on expenses and receipts.

All too often, we hear reports at ECFA from well-qualified, highly competent accountants and CPAs that they are overruled and often overrun by the senior pastor and other ministry leaders. Personal integrity often causes these qualified financial experts to resign rather than knowingly permit unethical practices to continue. Of course, the most uncomfortable situation is when they must deal with founder of a ministry who still runs the day-to-day operations and is accustomed to making all decisions and asking no one for permission to do anything. In these worst-case scenarios there is usually no accountability, no financial disclosure and, most often, a degree of corruption by the world.

Although donors and congregants are often forgiving, neither the IRS nor the Senate Finance Committee wants to see a man or woman fully in charge of any one organization. We find numerous passages in the Bible offering similar advice for a "multitude of counselors" (e.g., Prov. 11:14) and the appointment of elders for leadership and oversight (see Titus 1:5-7; 1 Tim. 3:2).

Senior pastors and other ministry leaders who insist on rejecting the counsel of properly trained accountants and CPAs typically believe they do not need to be accountable to an elder board or an independent board of directors. Yet those who continue to handle financial accountability and transparency via a "seat of the pants" approach are looking for trouble. Being too close to large sums of money is too much of a temptation for most men or women. Those who are wise will seek the counsel of others and find ways to separate themselves from that which would cause them to stumble.

Although we are all disturbed that Christian ministries and churches are currently the subject of government inquiry and public ridicule, I'm prayerful that we can see that "all things work together for good" (Rom. 8:28) through these inquiries. I certainly hope that in the end, many nonprofit and church boards will be strengthened, financial accountability will be improved and transparency enhanced.
An ordained minister, Kenneth Behr is president of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability, an oversight and accreditation organization with more than 2,000 Christian nonprofit organization members that represent more than $16 million in revenue.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2009
Tithes and Offerings
by John D. Morris, Ph.D.

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it" (Malachi 3:10).

Today there is much talk of financial security.  The Biblical formula in our text, given to Israel, but applied to all, begins with a scathing indictment.  "Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me.  But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings" (v.cool.  What a terrible thing, to rob God.  The result of their thievery, in God's eyes: "Ye are cursed with a curse" (v.9), such that their financial state was much worse than it would have been had they been obedient.  This teaching and promise has not been rescinded (Luke 6:38; I Corinthians 16:2; etc.).

God's charge to us as given in our text is in three steps.  First, we are told to obey; i.e., "bring ye." This cannot be considered an option.  Secondly, God proposes a test. "Prove me," He says, give and see if He lives up to His promises.  Thirdly, trust His promise to meet our needs.

Note that His promise is also threefold.  It abundantly covers present needs, for He promises to "pour you out a blessing" unmeasurable in quality or quantity.  Likewise it covers the threat of future loss.  "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field" (v.11).  Most precious is His promise to reward obedience and trust with a special relationship: "All nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land" (v.12).

Thus we see that with less than 100% of our income at our disposal, we will have greater financial security than if we had kept it all to ourselves, thereby robbing God.  JDM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

What Would Jesus Do In This Case? / Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Bishop T.D Jakes And Wife, Serita, Recreate Their 23-Year-Old Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.