Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). (25644 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:17pm On Jan 17, 2010
January 17 Acts 17v11

11. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

There's a form of freshness that is required to run the christian race. Christians do not depend on yesterday's achievements, or yesterday's faith, or last week's prayer. There's something for today, a certain readiness not complacence. It is the same freshness with study of the Word of God.
That you received revelation and illuminations from a passage the other time is no excuse to make less of such passage today. Just as God made it compulsory for His children to gather manna daily, even so He wants us to search the scriptures daily .
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:29pm On Jan 17, 2010
This is seen as nobility by God's Spirit. Get more noble today. Begin to search daily, not only during GM's study sessions or Pastor's teachings. The people in our Today's passage searched the scriptures . Let's learn to get closer to the Word. Read, meditate, study and search daily. Don't take things for granted. It doesn't matter if it is Silas that said it or Reverend Bishop so and so that preaches it. Search daily whether those things are so.
Don't appeal to articulate reason only(like mother Eve). Appeal to the scriptures.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:36pm On Jan 18, 2010
January 18 Psalm 18v29

29. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall .
What is your status today? How far have you progressed in your academics? How's your spiritual life? How are your finances? You need to know that all you have is by God's grace. Every good gift comes from God the Father.
Don't think that you're where you are by your wisdom, skill or strength. By the way, we gave you that wisdom or skill. Is it by your wisdom that you have your kind of parents or benefactor? Is it by your nous that you come from that tribe or that you met that dear person in your life?
David was a man after God's heart. He never thought that it was through his horned skills that he prevailed, no. "By thee I have run through a troop". This year, God wants to take you to a point where you'll say "in Him I live and move and have and leap over". I pray you'll follow Him. Do all things to God's glory.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2010
January 19 Psalm 19v10

10. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

The Psalmist in our Today's passage talks about desire. We all desire good things. The world all over, there's a thirst almost insatiable, a desire for wealth. But for the man after God's heart, there was something MORE to be desired.
You know people will kill for money. Wars, malice, and envies can be triggered off by money issues. Infact, the root of every evil is attached to money. Man can deny himself, his house, his locality and his country just for money. To many, life is all about money. But there's something more to be desired. That 'thing' is the law of God, the judgements/Word of God i.e the Bible.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2010
January 19 Psalm 19v10

10. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

The Psalmist in our Today's passage talks about desire. We all desire good things. The world all over, there's a thirst almost insatiable, a desire for wealth. But for the man after God's heart, there was something MORE to be desired.
You know people will kill for money. Wars, malice, and envies can be triggered off by money issues. Infact, the root of every evil is attached to money. Man can deny himself, his house, his locality and his country just for money. To many, life is all about money. But there's something more to be desired. That 'thing' is the law of God, the judgements/Word of God i.e the Bible.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2010
How is your desire for God's Word? Many can wake early to get a salary, meet an appointment, save costs etc. Can you wake early to read and hear God's Word? Many can keep awake all night, to gist, watch a film, browse, chat, make money. Can you keep awake to hear or read God's Word?
Is it more to be desired than gold? Is there a thirst and hunger for righteousness' sake? What is your desire? The challenge is yours. You say you're God's child. Are you God's in practice, in behaviour, in desire? God is still seeking true worshippers. May He find you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2010
How is your desire for God's Word? Many can wake early to get a salary, meet an appointment, save costs etc. Can you wake early to read and hear God's Word? Many can keep awake all night, to gist, watch a film, browse, chat, make money. Can you keep awake to hear or read God's Word?
Is it more to be desired than gold? Is there a thirst and hunger for righteousness' sake? What is your desire? The challenge is yours. You say you're God's child. Are you God's in practice, in behaviour, in desire? God is still seeking true worshippers. May He find you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:38am On Jan 20, 2010
January 20 Acts 20v24

24. But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

It's been said that the end of a thing is better than the beginning. Isn't that why people usually leave the meat to be eaten last in the plate of food? You want to leave that plate 'on a good note'. We all want our tomorrow to be better than today, today to be greater than yesterday. It's also called progress or prosperity.
Paul wanted to finish his course with joy. Yes, the christian is a course, like a race, a subject. You want to pass that course. There's no joy in receiving an handshake when registering for a course, and then failing the course afterwards. You want to pass in 'flying colours'. You want to finish strong. It's the same with the christian life.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:49am On Jan 20, 2010
The finish, the end, the goal should be put into perspective, into view. Set your affections on where you're going, above. Paul didn't count his life dear to himself. Is it because life was not pleasant? No, not at all. It was that he might finish with joy .
Many today love their lives. They'll never drop their RIGHTS. They'll never be crucified. They'll never die daily. What! Die daily? That's archaic, we have alot of pleasure to enjoy. Friend, such attitude wouldn't give you a strong finish. You need a strong finish. Don't drop out. Finish the race, and finish it with joy. Paul was a man subject to like passions as yours.
The Amen say His grace is sufficient for you. Why not come boldly, ask Him for grace today.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:44am On Jan 21, 2010
January 21 Proverbs 21v3

3. To do justice and judgement is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.

'To obey is better than sacrifice'. Even though many do not respect that statement, it is familiar no doubt. But do you know of our Today's passage? If you don't, it's time to add to your faith knowledge.
Justice and judgement is more acceptable than sacrifice. Many christians today are ready, above ready to sacrifice. Permit me to ask, na today? You're not the first to sacrifice. Even Cain, who murdered his brother, also sacrificed. Giving your body to be burned and giving your goods to feed the poor and the poorest may not suffice. That's why humanism or humanitarianism will not save you. It isn't the greatest work of true christianity.
To do justice and judgement is MORE ACCEPTABLE to the Lord. Sacrifice may be more acceptable to the atheist, to the media, to a denomination, or even to you. But to the Lord, justice and righteousness is MORE acceptable.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:48am On Jan 21, 2010
Who are you out to please? You should begin to practice justice and judgement. It involves making fair choices. You're going to hit your head on the gates of hell if you do without judgement and justice.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2010
January 23 (whatsoever He says unto you, do it).
Deuteronomy 22v 12
12. Thou shalt make thee fringes upon the four quarters of thy vesture, wherewith thou coverest thyself.

The Word of God is beautiful. It's sweet to know that God cares about us, not only in 'big things' but in 'small things' also. God's interest in the fashion/style of His children, in what they eat, wear, say, think, do, how they live, every detail is a show of His care. Its a banner of love. It surrounds us. We shouldn't find this as overburdening, but worship in appreciation because God always means the best for us.
Sometimes, God gives instructions that we may not fully understand. What we ought to do is trust and obey. Trust with ALL your heart, lean not on your own understanding. It's sad that christianity is practised today with emphasis on full understanding before action. The Word of God has to be explained to 'full understanding' and conviction before a step is taken in obedience. This shows a lack of trust and faith.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:40pm On Jan 23, 2010
Where are the Abrahams and Peter to launch out in faith at God's Word? Oddly though, the words of men are taken in hook line and sinker most times by same set of people.
In Today's passage, God instructs His children to make loose threads/tassels of decoration on the edges of their cloth. They were to fix blue ribbons on these. It's purpose was to serve as a sign or reminder to keeping all God's commands. How we need much more reminders in our BUSY day. There's a lot of distraction, let's watch and pray. Don't wait to be reminded by others. Remind yourself. What will you use as a fringe/tassel today to keep God's ways. Save yourself from this untoward generation.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2010
January 24 Proverbs 23v3

3. Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat.

When you sit to eat with a ruler/king! I thought that was all good news, good reward. Yes it is good, but it's never time to let down your guard. This is godly wisdom. The christian should always be on guard, ALWAYS . Do all, to stand and Stand therefore.
Many christians think it right to lose guard in the midst of other christians or leaders. Fellowship isn't the place to get loose, frivolous. Many people who would hardly utter ten words or smile in public, become extremely talkative amongst fellow believers. Some think it okay to gossip/murmur sister to sister. Remember, Peter was right in front of Jesus when devil entered him and he began to rebuke Jesus. We all have to watch. The dainties and enjoyment opportunities can turn to deceitful meat for you.
What I say unto you, I say unto all, watch!
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:03pm On Jan 25, 2010
January 25 Matthew 25v3

3. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them.

Being on the narrow way is not an excuse to be narrow-minded. Human beings are naturally narrow-minded. But you need a push, a transformation by the renewing of your mind.
Set your mind far off, on things above, not on things on earth. Many people live just for what they see, money, pleasure, the flesh. You need to begin to live for things not seen, think ahead. They foolish virgins did not think ahead. They only thought for the present, they took their lamps.
Have you met people who pray only for physical things? Are you one of those that do not pray for spiritual things? Let your kingdom come. Thine is the kingdom, forever. Think ahead. Live for eternity. Like the popular saying, 'Think big'. When you look at the big picture, life takes on a new perspective. Even death wears a new look. Paul said "for to me to die is gain". Shortsight christians are called foolish in this lesson presented by our Lord. It's not enough to be a christian(virgin). Be a wise virgin(christian).
They that be wise shall shine. Here's your road to star-dom.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:38am On Jan 27, 2010
January 27 Psalm 27v14

14. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

World records are the envy of all. Everyone strives to set a new record. A world record, such prestige. Breaking records usually involve speed.
We live in a world of speed. There's constant pursuit for improvement, finishing well and finishing early. We're subject to time but God is not. God is a Spirit, and we must worship Him in spirit and truth. God is the eternal God. We need to wait on Him.
Anxiety and fear are built on time and speed. People are anxious/afraid because they're not yet rich, not yet married, no children, 3months and no job, he's not yet come back home etc. We all want it all to happen now now, fast fast. But to enjoy God this year and the rest of your life, wait, I say, on the Lord. Waiting takes courage. Be courageous, and He shall strengthen! Wow, think on that!
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:26am On Jan 28, 2010
January 28 Exodus28 v 3,5,10,11

3. And thou shalt speak unto all that are wise hearted, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they may make Aaron's garments to consecrate him, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.
5. And they shall take gold, and blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen.
10. Six of their names on one stone, and the other six names of the rest on the other stone, according to their birth.
11. With the work of an engraver in stone, like the engravings of a signet, shalt thou engrave the two stones with the names of the children of Israel: thou shalt make them to be set in ouches of gold.

Verse 3 of our Today's passage is obvious. The people addressed are filled with the spirit. God had personally filled them and added to their resume was the fact that they were wise hearted.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:39am On Jan 28, 2010
The beauty of grace in our Today's passage was the people's reliance on God to perform their duties. The verses after verse3, show specific details of how they were to carry out their work. These days, we see people who have one gift or the other and then they throw away God's Word.
He's filled with the gift of healing and then he and his congregation think they have rights to disregard God's Word. Some don't even have spiritual gifts. Some just have fine-tuned natural abilities and then they do the work without regard for God's Word. They know too much now.
As you read this, are you walking in the spirit or after the flesh? With all 'your gifts', does the Word of God still have relevance? Can you bow to its instructions or your eyes are open enough to explain/excuse it away? You surely have your reward.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 2:24pm On Jan 31, 2010
January 31 Psalm 31v19

Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!

I was opportuned to be in a class recently where the speaker tried to explain the word 'property'. He was to use the term technically but wanted to explain as basically as he could manage. So he said property was what it was, property. Belongings, what belongs to someone/something. Greatness is one of God's property. It belongs to Him and He gives out of His belongings to us.
God gives us great goodness. It is laid up, packed for those who honour Him.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2010
God has put in store for you/laid up great goodness this year. The 1st month ends today. If you've not started to enjoy of this great/big goodness, maybe it's because you're not trusting God. God has worked/wrought great goodness for those that trust in Him before the sons of men .
There is greatness stored up for you to enjoy. Now you have the keys to the goodies room, great goodness. What are you waiting for?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2010
February Proverbs 1v23

23. Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you

It's another great month ahead. To have it great with the great God, you need to know what He will do and what He will not do. You must have heard that with great power comes great responsibility. That God can do anything does not mean that He will do any and everything.
God has a will. Like for example, God will not fail, or lie or die. You need to know what God will do so that you can walk in line/adjust with the great plan.
It's wise for those concerned to listen to what the government plans to do, then do business and live accordingly for maximal profit.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:46pm On Feb 01, 2010
God says turn at my reproof/rebuke. There're somethings God does not want and somethings that He wants e.g faith. Our arguing how logical/reasonable His wants are, wouldn't get us anywhere. He's the Highest(most High God). It is when we turn that He will pour His spirit unto us.
It is then that He'll make His words known unto us. Sometimes, you look at God's words and it makes 'no sense' to you. When you turn, He says "I WILL make known my words to you". You've got ability, freewill to turn.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2010
February 2 Titus 2:14

14. Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
A peculiar people are unusual, unconventional, odd, unnatural, or like the NIV puts it, God's very own. Yes! God is not like all other gods, and He gave himself/died for us to make us an unusual kind.
Are you unusual, different, seperate from sinners? Many people have compromised/blended and are blending. A peculiar person has the love of God dwelling in him. He is zealous of good works. Being peculiar is not bigotry or extremism or madness.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2010
Jesus did not die to give you a church career or a new religion. He gave himself to redeem us, buy us from all iniquity, all sin. Are you free from sin? You can't be confessing sins everytime and yet claim to be born of God. He that is born of God does not commit sin.
  Jesus paid to free us from all sin/iniquity, and gather for himself a different, unusual, peculiar people, zealous of good works. What is your rating today on this purpose scale? Is God's purpose fulfilled in you?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:57am On Feb 03, 2010
February 3 Revelation 3:7

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth.

Can we really know all about God in our present state, no we can't. We have to continue to know Him more. Apostle Paul says we know in part and we see darkly. As close as you may think your relationship is with God/Jesus, there is still more!
Jesus the Word has been introduced from the Genesis right down to the last book, Revelation. Still He continues to introduce Himself. There's more for you to learn.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:08am On Feb 03, 2010
Christ's omniscience know all we need. Today, Jesus says He is holy and true. Jesus is holy, God is holy, the Holy Spirit as the name suggests is holy, the Bible is holy Bible, the angels are holy. If you plan to live with this lot eternally, you've got to be holy and true. Be true, all liars shall have their part in hell fire. We must do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
 And Christ is king, King of all kings. He opens and no man shuts, He'll open that door for you. Don't be afraid of your landlord or boss, Jesus will open the door.
He'll shut the door against sickness in your life. He'll shut the door against all evil in your life, and no man will open it. It is well with you already.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2010
February 6 Proverbs 4v25

Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.

Have you ever seen someone walking on a rope, or on something narrow? They don't look down or sideways or backwards, they look right on. That's the way in which pilgrims walking to Heaven should look.
Jesus Christ said that the road to Heaven is narrow, well He's been there. You can't afford to look anywhere else. Let your eyes look right on, let your eyelids look straight before you.
On the narrow way, some people of God are dangerously looking backwards. How careless! They are comparing themselves with the people of the world! They're making sure that they do things the same way, trying not to be out of fashion, or out of tune.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2010
Some people of God are needlessly fixing their gaze on fellow believers, and pastors. This is what Pastor X said, that is what Pastor W does. By these, they imply that they are free to do same, and in good condition. Let your eyes look right on please. Looking on Jesus. Look up, look at the word of God, look unto Jesus, our perfect example, the Light and lamp to our feet and of the world.
If you're on the narrow way, let your eyes look right on. Be focused, be purpose driven. It is the fuel to Heaven in life's journey.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:14pm On Feb 09, 2010
February 9 Proverbs 9:12

12. If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.

The tale has been told of a lad who thought to himself saying, my parents look so happy seeing me in one piece and doing well in school. But they've not yielded to this my particular request. I'll make them feel pain and sorrow, I'll drop out of school and spend their resources on hard drugs. Of course he caused his parents sorrow when he ended a nervous wreck in prison, but the loss was REALLY his.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2010
Same way, many feel to be doing God a favour by obeying Him and causing Him heartache by not doing His will. There may be some truth there but they real picture is given in Today's passage. You are wise for yourself.
Your choice to please God and draw nearer to Him in commitment and true holiness is actually for your good. You need God, not the other way round. That He pleads today and is seemingly slack is not to be misconstrued. If you scorn, you alone will bear it.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:02pm On Feb 10, 2010
February 10 Proverbs 10v30

30. The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.

To be godly is simply to have the qualities of God. One of God's qualities is right perspective. Having the right view, like He said to Martha "one thing is needful". All other things will fail to matter if this one thing is out. In another place, He asks about what it will profit a person if he lost his soul, irrespective of what else he may gain.
That's God for you, godliness. He's not one sided, short-sighted. He looks not only at the action, but also at the heart. He considers not only the present but the whole of eternity. It is this same view with which Today's passage boldly declares 'the righteous shall never be removed'.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:53pm On Feb 10, 2010
You might look and think he's removed but look closely, and then move back and take the big picture. You'll see that the righteous will never be removed. He'll reign. Forever and ever with Christ. But the wicked shall not inhabit the earth. If you're shortsighted or one-sided, you'll think the wicked owns all things. But it's all a mirage. There's assurance for the righteous. Stay with God and enter into the big picture. You're insured for eternity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

What Would Jesus Do In This Case? / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Donates 40M To Wives Of Nigeria Fallen Heroes / Want 1Trillion Naira? Church Poster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.