Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). (25637 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2008
Hello Everyone!
  The thread is by God's grace for the profit of everyone of us.What I want to try to do is to post a verse or some verses from a chapter of the Bible whose number corresponds with the date of that day.I'll try to share with us and remind us from that passage, so that we all may gain from it.Non-athiests and athiests, believers and unbelievers, saints and sinners, my prayer is that you will be blessed as you read 'hopefully' daily.
If you have a contribution to make, please make it short and to the point.Please, if it is possible, lets try not to de-rail the thread.(you can always open up another thread for your exegesis),and lets try to bring up our 'exhortations' from if possible, a chapter that corresponds to the date.THANK YOU
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2008
Philippians 4v13
I can do all things through Christ that strenghteneth me (KJV)

Someone said "the only limit to the possibilities in your life are the buts you use today".You need to have the I can attitude,the achiever's language, the champion's mentality.Don't give in to sickness.You can say today like Jesus 'this sickness is not unto death but for the glory of God'.And you will have whatsoever you say.You need to believe.You can do all things through Christ.There is no temptation too great you cannot overcome.There is no plan or vision too big you cannot achieve, there is no sin too addictive that you cannot drop, there is no dream too beautiful to be true,all things are possibe through Christ.Thats why you need Christ Jesus if you do not have Him.He can strenghten you.He can make you truly happy.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:09am On Nov 05, 2008
Daniel 5v21
And hewas driven from the sons of men and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses:they fed him with grass like oxen,and his body was wet with the dew of heaven;till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will.

This verse is refering to a proud king that was humbled by Godtill he knew.He must have felt that he knew something earlier but God made him to really know that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men.My prayer today is that God will reveal Himself in your life as the ruler.You will know it, not like this king oo but in a pleasant way.Poverty will not rule your life, satan will not rule your life, no suffering,sickness or pain will rule your life.God will take control.And the people around you will know that the most high God rules in your life from today.Amen

1 Like

Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2008
Exodus6v2
And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:

God is able.The Lord is a name that exudes ability.What had happened was that God had sent Moses to Egypt to get the Isrealites out and bring them to the land of promise.Moses had complained about his weaknesses,He had just had a family misunderstanding then, Pharaoh had stubbornly refused to grant his request,Pharaoh had instead added to the burden of the Isrealites and even the Isrealites had accused Moses and Aaron of compounding their woes.According to Moses, he told God that 'neither hast thou delivered thy people at all'.
In the face of all this, God said,"I am Jehovah". I am glad to tell you that God is still saying today "I am the Lord".Whatever might be upsetting you,God remains the all powerful Jehovah, the one who was, and is, and is to come.He holds the world in His hands and there is nothing too hard for Him to do.Believe Him, Trust Him and Obey Him 'cause He is the Lord.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by reindeer: 10:06pm On Nov 06, 2008
God bless you so much!
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:30pm On Nov 06, 2008
@Reindeer
Amen,thank you so much.I appreciate that
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:22pm On Nov 07, 2008
Sorry I'm late.I've not being chanced

John7v37
In the last day, that great day of the feast,Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

If any man thirst, let him come.Any man,any body.Are you thirsty,Jesus is still calling.The blessings of God are for everybody.The price has being paid, the door is open, there is no excuse.You don't need a CV,you don't need any qualifications,you don't need a religion,you don't need any previous knowledge, you don't need a godfather,all you need to do is come.
Let him come.Please come,every body come.Imagine,Jesus is standing and crying Come.The Spirit says come.Even the church says come.Let him that is thirsty
come.Come to Jesus and drink.Come to Jesus and have eternal life.There is nothing good to lose when you come.You'll only lose your dryness and disatisfied longings.You'll lose your sorrows and gaspings.You'll lose your worries and your fears.If any man thirst, let him come and drink.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:21am On Nov 08, 2008
Leviticus 8v11,12
11. And he sprinkled thereof upon the altar seven times, and [color=#000099]anointed
the altar and all his
vessels, both the laver and his foot, to sanctify them.
12. And he poured of the anointing oil upon Aaron's head, and anointed him, to sanctify
him.[/color]

There is a right use of a thing.But there could be abuse, disuse and/or misuse of the thing. i.e the wrong use of it.Well, one of the earliest records of anointing is shown in the above passage and the primary purpose is clearly written for our learning.The anointing and gifts given to us by God is not just for show off or worse still for personal aggradisement.
The anointing and the blessings bestowed on us are for sanctifying us.That is, to set us apart, make us different.Where others fail the anointing paves way for our exploits.Where others fall, the anointing makes us stand.Where others are careless and carefree and do anyhow and anything they like, the anointing makes us sober and careful and circumspect.Where the whole world is confused and perplexed, the anointed is confident and praising God.Have you being anointed?,walk worthy of the anointing from today!

1 Like

Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by pilgrim1(f): 12:26am On Nov 08, 2008
@Image123,

Thanks you for these exhortations. I've been looking forward to them, and I'm delighted to see the one above. Blessings. wink
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:44am On Nov 08, 2008
@pilgrim.1
you're welcome.thats good to know.thank you.Your contributions and brief exhortations are also welcome.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:34pm On Nov 09, 2008
1Co 9:16 I have no right to boast just because I preach the gospel. After all, I am under orders to do so. And how terrible it would be for me if I did not preach the gospel!
1Co 9:24 Surely you know that many runners take part in a race, but only one of them wins the prize. Run, then, in such a way as to win the prize.
GNB

Today, many people believe that they are doing God favours.To them, their being saved is a favour to God because God needs them so much.Their living and obeying God is a favour
that they can withdraw at any time that they feel like.Nothing seems to matter to them,at least its their life and therefore nobody should teach them what to do.Giving in church or preaching (if they do it) is out of pity for God
or for the church.This passage above says it is more than that,it is a necessity, yea woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel.Thats the mind of Christ.Lets see that we have the mind of Christ.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:23am On Nov 10, 2008
Num 10:29 And Moses said unto Hobab, the son of Raguel the Midianite, Moses' father-in-law, We are journeying unto the place of which the LORD said, I will give it you: come thou with us, and we will do thee good: for the LORD hath spoken good concerning Israel. KJV

The passage says it best.You can read it again.Jesus has promised His followers today of a place called the heavenly city.friends, if you are not a follower of Jesus,we invite you.Come thou with us, we will do you good.Jesus Himself will do you good.Join us! Believe with us.Consider eternal life
even if you believe you have this present life in your control.There's nothing to lose by joining us.Jehovah has spoken good things about us.All you need to do is come with us.
Come to Jesus Christ, he is able to do you good.Friends, nairalanders, you are all welcome.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:45am On Nov 10, 2008
Num 10:29 And Moses said unto Hobab, the son of Raguel the Midianite, Moses' father-in-law, We are journeying unto the place of which the LORD said, I will give it you: come thou with us, and we will do thee good: for the LORD hath spoken good concerning Israel.[color=#990000][/color] KJV

The passage says it best.You can read it again.Jesus has promised His followers today of a place called the heavenly city.friends, if you are not a follower of Jesus,we invite you.Come thou with us, we will do you good.Jesus Himself will do you good.Join us! Believe with us.Consider eternal life
even if you believe you have this present life in your control.There's nothing to lose by joining us.Jehovah has spoken good things about us.All you need to do is come with us.
Come to Jesus Christ, he is able to do you good.Friends, nairalanders, you are all welcome
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:32am On Nov 11, 2008
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. KJV

Jesus Christ poses a challenge to us.He says 'Take my yoke upon you.'In sincerity,without twisting anything or bringing any known doctrine into the phrase,everybody understands this to mean what it says.
'Take my yoke upon you'.Have you carried Christ's yoke upon you today?,If yes,what is that yoke?Can you list some?What are you bearing for Christ's sake?Not exactly for your church's sake or for the position you hold's sake
but for Christ's.What I mean is,today,you find some believers that immediately they leave a church to another, they just change completely in lifestyle, or if they don't get a position in church (lets say they do not get to sing again or minister again), they no more remain as righteous as before or committed to God.
Today, we remember whose yoke we're to bear.Take Jesus' yoke and learn of Him.Don't remain the same,let Christ's ways renew/change you.Let biblical examples correct you.And permit me to say this,'let the church direct you in the Lord's way.'Learn from Christ to be meek (find out what that word 'meek' means in the dictionary).That is the way to rest both now and forever (eternally).If you believe, this yoke is easy and the burden is light.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:27am On Nov 12, 2008
Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter. Fear God, and keep His commandments. For this is the whole duty of man.
To live a purposeful life, a life well spent, a to God be the glory life, these are the things to achieve.Every other thing achieved without this, will amount to nothing.To fear God and to keep His coomandments, that is what will make all other achievements to matter.
Whatever you may do, do this two as well.This is the whole duty of man.Sometimes,you might be reading a passage or a book in the scriptures and it seems like you're not understanding it well.This verse is telling us that the moral lesson behind it all is thatyou should fear God and obey (keep) His commandments.John the beloved says His commandments are not grievous.That, is the conclusion of the whole matter.And that is what will make you to matter before God the creator of all matter.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2008
My sincere apologies to all who have being expecting today's rhema.Sorry for being late.By the way, your contributions are welcome.God be with you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2008
Nehemiah 13:27 Shall we then hearken unto you to do all this great evil, to transgress against our God in marrying strange wives?

Opinions and ideas are always going to differ.We shouldn't base our major decisions and lives on opinion polls.It would be dangerous to do that.People will come to tell us what to do.Some will do that subtly and softly, some boldly, some even forcefully, some through their glossed lifestyle but 'Shall we then hearken unto you to do all this great evil, to transgress?' Lets be more thoughtful before we do, lets not transgress or do evil simply because somebody else does it or encourages us to do it.
In Today's passage, marrying strange wives is in consideration.Think carefully before going into a relationship or a marriage.Many of us may think 'it doesn't matter' but it does. The verse says It is a transgrssion 'against our God'to marry outsiders (strange wives).It is not just some denominations' doctrine or some legalistic pastor's view.It is the Word of God.See if there be ANY wicked way in me and lead me God.Look before you leap,my friend.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:19am On Nov 14, 2008
Luke 14 v1-24
Luk 14:1 And it came to pass, as he went into the house of one of the chief Pharisees to eat bread on the sabbath day, that they watched him.
Luk 14:2 And, behold, there was a certain man before him which had the dropsy.
Luk 14:3 And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day?
Luk 14:4 And they held their peace. And he took him, and healed him, and let him go;
Luk 14:5 And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?
Luk 14:6 And they could not answer him again to these things.
Luk 14:7 And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them,
Luk 14:8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honorable man than thou be bidden of him;
Luk 14:9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
Luk 14:10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
Luk 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Luk 14:12 Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbors; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompense be made thee.
Luk 14:13 But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind:
Luk 14:14 And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
Luk 14:15 And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.
Luk 14:16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
Luk 14:17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
Luk 14:18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
Luk 14:19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.
Luk 14:20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.
Luk 14:21 So that servant came, and showed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
Luk 14:22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.
Luk 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
Luk 14:24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

That is a long passage, I'll try to be brief here.Jesus was invited to a function by one of the chief Pharisees.Well once in a while, we might come across such an event where you want to be or have to be there at such invitation.Lets learn from the attitude of Jesus here.He literally was in charge.Firstly, He healed a man in the midst of opposition, then He began to teach and instruct in parables.
If you have to be at a social gathering, you do not have to compromise to/with ungodliness at such an event.Go everywhere with Jesus today and bear His mark on your body.If things seem to be going out of your control or starts getting ungodly, please you may courteously leave the place.They may ridicule you but I think it will keep you pure and undefiled.you should rather disappoint them than disappoint God.God bless you. smiley
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:30am On Nov 15, 2008
Deuteronomy 15 v 10
You shall surely give to him, and your heart shall not be grieved when you give to him, because for this thing Jehovah your God shall bless you in all your works, and in all that you put your hand to. (MKJV)

Can I ask you, when last did you give?Hope you care for the needy around you? Or you can't even see them.Open your eyes,think clearly and give.Make a deliberate decision to give something.You have
money?give it.Give even of that little that you say you have.You have a smile?give it.A word of advice?give it. Time?give it.Give to the needy.This verse makes it a "voluntary command".Thou shalt surely give him and thine heart shall not be grieved.Friend, you must give.you must be cheerful and you must give.As usual with every command of God,there is an advantage,a blessing to keeping such commands.Because for this thing, God shall bless thee in all thy works.
That is 'expo' to sure blessings.It works for everybody.It is a law.Believer or unbeliever, anybody that jumps up must come down,anybody that is generous will be blessed by God.Believer, this has being in the Bible for a long time,you have no excuse.Obey this law.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:52am On Nov 16, 2008
November 16 Romans 16 v20
Rom 16:20  And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

This is a glorious plan, a perfect prayer and a good promise.Jesus Christ has already defeated the enemy on our behalf.Known fact.We walk in that victory and we are more than conquerors already because Jesus has won already.Every follower of Jesus is a winner.Every attack by satan is a waste of his time.Every trial and temptation is another step to higher ground.We walk in the excellency of power by God.
And then we have this promise. God shall bruise satan under your feet shortly (speedily). It is a promise of personal victory. It means the devil will feel pains particularly because of U. He will be disappointed.He'll be perplexed and greatly troubled because he cannot have dominion over U.His agents can't touch U.Sin or sickness is no longer part of U.Instead, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ is with you. Amen.Happy Sunday
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:52am On Nov 17, 2008
November 17 Luke 17 v 4-6
Luk 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.
Luk 17:5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.
Luk 17:6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

Jesus wants us to forgive.verse one of today's passage makes it clear to us that He is talking to disciples.If you are a disciple of Christ, then forgive.Many people, like the disciples usually demand for more faith to forgive, more grace to forgive etc. But Jesus says it's not a big deal, you do not need increase in faith to forgive.If you have faith as small as a GRAIN of , , you can forgive.It all depends on you.As a child of God, you already have enough faith to forgive.
See, you believe God, you believe Jesus, you believe there are many many mansions prepared for the saints.There are some people who do not believe this things. You have some faith.Go ahead and forgive from today.
And then it says, you can decide to say (whatsoever you choose to say) to that problem in your life and it should obey you.If you're a disciple of Christ, try it today.It works.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:26am On Nov 18, 2008
November 18 2nd Kings 18 v5
He trusted in Jehovah, the God of Israel; so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor among them that were before him. (ASV)

He trusted int the Lord God of Isreal.Do you? He lived during the old covenant,you live in the period of a better covenant.Yet,do you trust God?Do you trust His word( the Bible)? All of it.Do you trust it when it says
'and the Word was God'.Do you trust every verse,every book, every chapter?Do you trust in the Word more than you trust in your opinions and tendencies? Do you trust in the Lord God more than you trust your pastor or is it the other way round?Do you trust in God enough to believe His promises for today,His plans for tomorrow and His perspective about yesterday?
Trusting in the Lord sets you apart.it makes you like the king we're reading about in our passage, peculiar, different.So that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor any that were before him.Do you trust in the Lord God of Israel?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2008
November 19 Matthew 19 v11,12

Mat 19:11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
Mat 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Man is a free moral agent.We're not all forced into making the same decisions in life.That is one of the things that makes us higher than the animals.you decide what to eat and drink.We have different appetites unlike the animals.
Thats why every man may not be agreed on the same thing but it is up to you as an individual to decide what you agree on.It can be given to you.Applying verse 12, some people truly follow God because they were born into a godly environment (Now of course we've seen some terrible sinners who were raised in a godly environ.It's all your choice).Some follow God because of their exposure.They've listened to the right people, gone to the right churches,read the right books and tracts.Made of men.Others have made themselves for the kingdom of heaven's sake.i.e despite their negative background and lack of exposure, they've not sat down in darkness giving excuses.Instead, they've made themselves for the kingdom of heaven's sake.He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.You can decide to follow God today.
You can accept Jesus today irrespective of your present circumstance,upbringing or belief.Today,if you will hear His voice, receive eternal life and it will be given to you.

Sorry I'm late.Your[b] edifying [/b] contributions are welcome
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:28am On Nov 20, 2008
November 20 Proverbs 20v 4

Pro 20:4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the cold; therefore shall he beg in harvest, and have nothing.

Thomas Edison,the inventor of the electric light bulb and more than 1000 other inventions once said "Oppurtunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work".Little wonder he was named 'genius of invention'
It is said that when Edison died,the U.S government considered turning off all electric current in the country for a minute or two in tribute to him.What an hard worker!There's no gain in being lazy.
Poverty is a terrible thing.The passage says he will beg in harvest and have nothing.It doesn't pay to be lazy.Lazy people are always loaded with excuses for not doing.They may even quote the Bible.Imagine! Laziness is not encouraged in the Word of God.In fact, the verse above threatens lazy loafers (IMHO).No Christian should be LAZY.Be diligent and do not back out, You're the light of the world,an example to others.You are always a potential blessing waiting to happen, so work hard dear and whatsoever you do shall prosper.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:49pm On Nov 21, 2008
Proverbs 21v9

It is better to sit in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman, and in a common house.
douay rheims bible

All over the passages of Scripture,we'll observe that argumentative people are not encouraged.Actually, on the opposite,meekness is extolled as a fruit of the Spirit.
The New testament writes that tribulation and anguish are the promises available for the brawler.Brawlers are noisy, contentious and quarrelsome.And they don't mind to go public with their fight.Every issue is battle ground for them.There's hardly agreement. Today, we should learn to 'agree more', to be 'meek more', to be 'submissive more'. Agree with God, His Word and His children.Submit yourself to God, Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. And don't stay close to or fraternize with brawlers.
Evil communication corrupts good manners.Anguish awaits the contentious, flee from it. It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a house of society.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:07am On Nov 23, 2008
A double load of blessings awaits you to start the week right.
Revelations 22v 12
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

As I type,I recall a song I used to hear several years back."brother, Jesus is coming soon,sister,Jesus is coming soon.Why not repent,receive Jesus.my friend, the Lord is coming again."It captures our task.Jesus is coming quickly, therefore repent.Walk with God for the kingdom of God is near.When Jesus comes,this passage above says He will give EVERY man according as his work shall be. Now that is more important than it may seem to you.
This reward will be for ever (eternity).Many of us work hard to have a good grade, agood job, a good promotion, a good raise etc.Many wirk so that they won't suffer when they retire.Every one seems to be working for a better tomorrow. Now tomorrow may last for about 100 years.Some do not even wish for that long.on the other hand,eternity (forever) will last for at least more than 100 years.Unfortunately, many are doing little or no work yet Jesus says my reward is with me, to give every man according as HIS WORK shall be.Some people today hide under excuse saying "God loves me just I am and Jesus has done everything.I do nothing."Today's challenge is what are you doing for God and to please God.Think and repent.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:15am On Nov 23, 2008
Sunday, November 23 Proverbs 23v26

(Webster) My son, give me thy heart, and let thy eyes observe my ways.

God is eternal and He's got the whole world in His hands.He has made all things and therfore posseses all things.That includes you.Yes God owns you.That is why the Scriptures refer to us as children of God.We are His offspring.Actually, he has legal right over us and could choose to do what He pleased with us because we are His property.that's what you do with your property I'm sure. Graciously however,God asks "give me your heart". It's your call/decision and its for your own good.Why? because you either belong to God or belong to the devil.No fence sitting.So give God your heart.Don't let your heart be on a man/woman,or on a job, or on money,or on a football club as its popular these days.Give God your heart.Meditate on that.And let your eyes observe God's ways.
His ways, His likes and dislikes are clearly revealed in His Word (the Bible in your hand) very accessible to you.Every event is written for our observation.Let your eyes observe God's ways as you look into the Word.Look at your life in the mirror of the Word from today and make corrections.Don't just jump or shout when you read,observe.Let your eyes observe my ways.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:06pm On Nov 24, 2008
November 24   Proverbs 24v13

Pro 24:13  My child, eat honey; it is good. And just as honey from the comb is sweet on your tongue (Good News Bible)

Honey is described as a sweet thick supersaturated sugarsolutin produced by bees. Honey is an important constituent of the diet of many animals.It is put to various uses by humans.So many use it medicinally.Some are now prefering it as their sweetening agent.The confectionery is everyday grateful to God for Honey and you know the world cannot do without the confectionery.Honey is useful for YOU.
  We should learn to eat what is good for us.Eat thou honey because it is good.Mind what you eat.Eat quality, not just quantity.Eat good food.Eat right.Do not develop  a eating disorder,do not take addictive substances except medically prescribed in small quantity.God wants you in control of your self.He's not satisfied to have any intaken substance in control of UThere is a fruit of the Spirit called Temperance (self control).
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by pilgrim1(f): 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2008
Image123:

Don't just jump or shout when you read,observe.Let your eyes observe my ways.

That was what caught my attention and which I wanted to appreciate. Be encouraged and blessed in sharing these thoughts. smiley
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2008
@pilgrim.1
Hi,thanks for your appreciation,must say I missed you.Hope all is well?I traveled yesterday,so wasn't able to share yesterday's rhema.I'm thinking of postponing it to next month.Wat do yo think?Anyway today's is next.Welcome back
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:33pm On Nov 26, 2008
Being poor for Jesus

November 26  Proverbs 26v12
Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him. (KJV)

Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him. (The World english Bible)

Conceit is hinged on pride.When you're too sure of yourself.No wonder God says in His Word that we should not trust in our own understanding.There's more chance/hope for a fool to become truly wise than someone who thinks he is wise in his own way.When the word of God and people of God are warning you about what you're doing,the best attitude should be one of humility and meekness.That way,you're not likely to miss God's wisdom and will.The self conceited are taught with more difficulty than the stupid.A broken spirit and a contrite heart are acceptable before God.Little
wonder then that the first (1st) thing Jesus said in the beatitudes is "blessed are the poor on spirit,for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:51pm On Nov 27, 2008
November 27 Proverbs 27v17

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

No man is an island.We all need friends.I even heard that man is a SOCIAL animal.Loneliness is not good.It could do terrible things.We need to get good friends around us.And we need to be open to thier sincere criticism and if needs be ask for it.It popular to hear people say "nobody can tell me what to do".Lets remember, no man is omniscient, you need someone to sharpen your countenance.Let the righteous smite me, it shall be a kindness and an excellent oil.A friend makes you shine and sharp.Get you a righteous friend today.Remember,there's no friend like Jesus,so be friends
to followers of Jesus.You need a FRIEND today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / ⛪Testimonies That Will Transform Your Life (LIVING FAITH CHURCH)⛪❗️❗️❗️ / What Would Jesus Do In This Case?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.