Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,615 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Edx - An Educative Online Program - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Edx - An Educative Online Program (26645 Views)

Nairalanders Attending Edx By MIT And Harvard University Connect With Us Here / Please Can Anyone Tell Me If University Of Caribean Mba Online Program Is Real? / The Educative Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello peeps. It would be bad of me to keep this in and not share it, i came across the great website through a colleague, he adviced me to check out the site instead of browsing the internet, chatting, facebooking and practically doing nothing meaningful.

What is edX?
EdX is a massive open online course (MOOC) provider and online learning platform. It hosts online university-level courses in a wide range of disciplines to a worldwide audience at no charge. It also conducts research into learning based on how people use its platform. EdX differs from other MOOC platforms, such Coursera and Udacity, in that it is nonprofit and runs on an open-source software platform.

EdX was founded by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University in May 2012. There are currently 56 schools, nonprofits, corporations, and international organizations that offer or plan to offer courses on the edX website. As of 22 July 2014, edX has more than 2.5 million users taking over 240 courses online.

EdX courses consist of weekly learning sequences. Each learning sequence is composed of short (an average of 10 minutes each) videos interspersed with interactive learning exercises where students can immediately practice the concepts from the videos. The courses often include tutorial videos that are similar to small on-campus discussion groups, an online textbook, and an online discussion forum where students can post and review questions and comments to each other and teaching assistants. Where applicable, online laboratories are incorporated into the course. For example, in edX's first MOOC—a circuits and electronics course—students built virtual circuits in an online lab.

EdX offers certificates of successful completion, but does not offer course credit. Whether or not a college or university offers credit for an online course is within the sole discretion of the school. EdX offers a variety of ways to take courses, including verified courses where students have the option to audit the course (no cost) or to work toward an edX verified certificate (fees vary by course), honor code courses where students can either audit (no cost) or work toward an honor code certificate (no cost). In addition, in the fall of 2013, edX launched a pilot project to offer a special certificate in a subject area (called "XSeries Certificate"wink after completing a bundled set of 3-4 verified courses in that subject (cost varies depending on the courses).
Culled from Wikipedia

Advantages
Apart from the numerous advantages cited above, from my own perspective I see this as a very wonderful setup, it's free, consist of lot of courses across all the fields of life.
The course content is given at the beginning of the week, you have videos and handout to support what you are being taught, you can even download the resources and that can be added to your personal library.
And then there are quizzes and tests at a particular time and you have the exam.

It will be an added advantage to you as you have more educational qualifications to yourself and it also shows you make use of your free time wisely.

It's free, you can access the website anytime you like within the week, they are being partnered by top world-class universities like Harvard University, MIT.

This and lot more. Try it out and you won't regret it.

Website
https://www.edx.org/

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
― Dr. Seuss,
“The more I read, the more I acquire, the more certain I am that I know nothing.”
― Voltaire
“Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.”
― Isaac Asimov

66 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Dygeasy(m): 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Awesome. Good one Logo. Will check it out.

2 Likes

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dygeasy: Awesome. Good one Logo. Will check it out.

You'll love it.
Lots of courses and the explanations are detailed.
Seasoned tutors.

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by daveP(m): 4:06am On Sep 24, 2014
Will chk this out! Nice one

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:55am On Sep 25, 2014
Anyone checked this out?

Xtarxhyne

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 25, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Anyone checked this out?

Xtarxhyne
I'll do dat later

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Anyone checked this out?

Xtarxhyne

Yea, but dropped out.

2 Likes

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
Timzy234:

Yea, but dropped out.

Please continue.

It'll be much easier for you considering the factors are favourable in your location.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by papindinho(m): 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
kudos LogoDwhiz

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
papindinho: kudos LogoDwhiz

Thanks bro.
You've checked it?
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by DonaldTrump(m): 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2014
i started Circuit & Electronics buh dropped out too..thats since 2012.

Y'all should check out this site:www.gcflearnfree.org
its also free.
already gotten a couple of certificates from there.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Please continue.

It'll be much easier for you considering the factors are favourable in your location.

Yea but Law doesn't give me time even for myself

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2014
Timzy234:

Yea but Law doesn't give me time even for myself

lol. ok
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by SirElaw(m): 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
Cool. After getting a degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, I might just be using my NYSC year to get a degree in Law. It won't be easy, but I'll give it a try.

2 Likes

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by codemaster2much: 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
X
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by slimfredo(m): 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
am packing my bagz.....

mtchew... thought it was yankee stuf sef angry
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by coolvitus(m): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
I dey com now now
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by naughtylagosguy(m): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nice one.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by codedflowz(m): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
Thanks Op

I've been looking for something like this for some time now.

God bless you.

Btw, This is the type of thread that should be making FP.

5 Likes

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2014
Really nice. We. Can never stop learning.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by epospiky(m): 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2014
This, for sure, is going to be a nice place to learn. I'll check it out. Thank, op, for that piece.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
I heard about it from a friend, yet to check it out tho, but i'll check it now.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by freshness2020: 6:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
This is good!
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by chibwike(m): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
I have a party to attend
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
we don hear

n am checking it out bro...

gud one
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by sammieguze(m): 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
looks promising. been surfing it all day and found this particular topic on risk management but i can access it.

https://www.edx.org/course/delftx/delftx-tw3421x-introduction-credit-risk-1313 angry
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Kovic08(m): 6:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
. If you wanna enjoy their course. Just have good and stable internet connection.. And ready your you-tube
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by adewasco2k(m): 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
nice place to learn, i have completed two courses also a course on http://coursera.org

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
Yes..... I am one of the current student!
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Beennkumar(m): 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nice. I'm gonna check it out. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mathematics Question For Nursery Two(2) Pupils(pics) / Distinguish These Programmes; PGDE & PDE / Unizik 2017-2018 Admission List is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.