Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,409 members, 7,800,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! (14770 Views)

In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers / Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? / Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by Seun(m): 1:50pm On Sep 22, 2005
This is for you if you are searching for job:
- NYSC graduates.
- Students on break.
- Those who want better or higher paying jobs.

Can you describe the kind of job you'd like to have offered to you? Points to mention may include:
- Title of the job.
- Description of the job.
- Your experiences with those who hold such a job.
- Salary you expect to earn from the job.
- Anything else to make for a lively conversation.

The ball is in your court. Tell us about your ideal job or jobs.
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by cushman(m): 8:15pm On Sep 22, 2005
You go first...give us a lead and we'll follow
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by Seun(m): 5:36am On Sep 23, 2005
My ideal job is my current job - that of a website administrator. I prefer to work for myself, and even though I'm not rich at the moment my aim is to be a millionaire and later on, a billionaire and someone with International clout and such.
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by Reuben(m): 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2005
electrical installation/maintance
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by cushman(m): 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2005
Administrative officer...i'll like to work anywhere ofcourse as long as the pay is good.
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by Seun(m): 9:47pm On Sep 23, 2005
Can you tell us what an administrative officer does?
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by cushman(m): 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2005
Well, i believe there's no establishment without admin...be it a hotel, toilet e.t.c.
To tell you what the work of an administrative officer is it's like telling you your JOB!

Seun, you know better...
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by unleashit(m): 10:12pm On Nov 27, 2005
Network administrator........they ensure continuous and stable operation of IT networks.They plan,develop,install,configure,maintain and optimize all network hardware,software and communication links.It involves a lot of skills,that is why they are well paid.I did not study computer science in the university but I've Lent some skills that would lead me in the path of becoming one.I would be writing my ccna certification examination tommorrow as a first step toward becoming a network administrator.
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2005
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by eddie2: 8:46am On Nov 29, 2005
Hi am new here so forgive me if i bump around a bit ,any way from what i gather its OK to make mistakes when you're new.

Enough of that let me describe my ideal job.

Location : an office building where you get to meet other professionals so you guys can interact and share ideas,when you go for lunch and stuff like that,and all this translates to part fun and more money you catch my drift.

Title: Right now am a project officer in the business development unit of my firm basically thats the kind of experience i have working on a team to create business ideas and making sure we all do what we can to bring it into reality,i also double as a programme officer which is the usual stuff you colate data system for information ,source out data base needed for a particular project liaise with media and some other stuff.

However i would like to grow from that position to that of a project manager/coordinator and actually move on to own my firm and create great projects that benefit people and give people an opportunity in life.

Right now i just need a job so bad i cant think of anything else so if you know any one that needs a project Officer for business development am your man and trust me i am good. wink.

Salary: i would like to earn 1.8 m per annum i earn something near that now and i know am worth it but it could always get better especially with the hours i work.

Alrighty then think i have said enough but i should add that my time with God is very important so i would like a job that lets me go for midweek service and house fellowship everybody needs God if you think you don't think again.

Kind Regards

E........ grin
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by kaynet(m): 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2006
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]here is jonathan and wat is all this all about?. as for me i would rather love to be self employed 'cause for this country u can't rely on salary alone. u have to find other means of income but if i could work. i will love to work in a big company as engr and nothing more.
pls o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am in need of job badly. i need a job, just any one but not streessful of harmful to me and the society with any amount but not less than 5k every month just for the main time before continuing my schooling at least for 10 months.
if u have any for me
just call me.k
080837286769(jonathan or kay)
waiting 4 surprise 4rm u all
pls forgivez if there is mistakes!
just new here
i need ur help all
love u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by abimbolast(m): 12:37pm On Feb 20, 2006
I WOULD LIKE A JOB IN COMMUNICATION SECTOR OR AS AN ADVERTISING PRACTITIONER
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by sweetilomo(f): 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2006
I WOULD LOVE A JOB IN THE COMMUNICATION,BANK AND MEDIA SECTOR
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by elu(f): 11:13am On Feb 21, 2006
i wont mind any in d aviation,or IT SECTOR. smiley
thanx alot Seun,u'r doing a gud job.
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by sliver(f): 8:02pm On Feb 27, 2006
hi am  sliver,a graduate of the university of ilorin with a B.A. in Linguistics.i speak fluent English,igbo and Yoruba.i have always wanted to work in the telecoms industry but its very hard getting in because i don't really have much contacts.so i would be very grateful for any help you can render me.but now i will just work any where but it has to be in the human resources department. thanks.
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by Ningi(f): 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2006
Hmmmmm, my ideal job? Had always wanted to become a BANKER. Seems those guys out there wont even give me a chance to prove myself. Still praying.
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by glodave(f): 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2006
Well  they are friends of mind, she/He is a graduate in marketing, the ideal job is Bank, Sale Rep, and market exc, etc.
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by angel06: 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2006
winka job in the banking sector,read computer science
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by asjohn(m): 3:48pm On Mar 25, 2006
hello,
that was a cool information, keep it up. i would love a computer related job; like working in a cafe and job relating to that. thanks
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by Ningi(f): 12:59am On Mar 26, 2006
In addition to my love for a bank job, I wonder if anyone has a list (contact address & website included) of these new Pension Admin coys? Any of them recruiting? Which one is PenCom and what are the prospects of jobs with them?
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by Anabib(f): 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2006
A job that will give you the opportunity to be the best you can be.
ie in all aspect of your life- by having a balance between the job and life.
and ofcourse, well paid
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by jebrills(m): 11:09am On Apr 03, 2006
Network Administrator/Engineer, Planning,installation,and managing high-speed data communication network which is a broadband public IP addresses wireless radio network which companies can use to link their branch offices to their head office, covering geographical area of Lagos state metropolitan . Utilizing Cisco Radios (2.4GHz 2Mbps), Tsunami radios (5.8GHz, 22Mbps), Valuepoint radios (2.4GHz, 11Mbps), Motorola canopy radios (5.25GHz to 5.35GHz, 6Mbps) and (5.725 to 5.825GHz, 14Mbps).The wireless radio network accommodates the used of devices like WinNT routers, Linksys routers, Cisco router.
Responsible for maintaining of Base repeaters and Bridges, which supports the company's Metropolitan Area Network.
•Mounting of clients' antennas.
•Installation, configuration and administration of LAN, WAN, VLAN, and Secured VPN.
•Configuration and maintenance of Routers (xDSL, Linksys) for VPN clients.
•Installation and configuration of Radios (Cisco, Valuepoint, Linksys and Tsunami).
•Connecting clients' wireless devices to Hubs, Switches or routers using UTP 5 cables crimping.
•Internet Gateway monitoring and clients account administration. As a network administrator monitoring e+NET users and RF link remotely using different types of network software’s as a Simple Network Monitoring Protocol (SNMP). Some of the SNMP software’s used are: what’s Gold, Solar wind, Linux (Redhat) and Microsoft Windows.
•Configuration and installation of Base repeaters and Bridges.
•Configuration and installation of client wireless devices.
•Performing link test for repeaters and client wireless devices.
•Maintenance, upgrading and monitoring of the Metropolitan Area Network backbone repeaters.
Designing and implemented wireless network segmentation using router to segment the network (e+NET) to be more redundant in term of packet routing in the network.
•Installation and configuration of NT Servers as routers, domain controller and or proxy for clients.
•Configuration of Point-To-Point Tunneling for clients with several branches over the MAN network.
•General LAN troubleshooting.
•Wireless network monitoring and support services.

I would prefer between N960,000 -N1.5m
and i can work in any place in nigeria except the northern state (Abuja not inclusive).
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by natyjude(m): 11:26am On Apr 03, 2006
Iam a banker and chartered accountant, but my ideal job is an accoutant in oil industry. i want to earn salary in millions and go home with fabuluos retirement benefit.

Thanks
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by ishmael(m): 12:49pm On Apr 03, 2006
Hey,
i need a job as a Statistician/Data analyst or Operations research analyst or Statistical analyst/programmer. Good in writing statistical analyses programs and very good in using existing statistical packages to carry out analysis, also good in probabilistic and simulation analyses. If u need me or u know of any one that needs me contact me thru : ishmaelxy@yahoo.com. But pay should be relatively ok.
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by stark(m): 6:51pm On Apr 03, 2006
i would love to work in the telecom sector or international organisation. i love to work as an Administrative manager, and marketing/sales manager. i am really doing well in this two areas. i hold two degrees and still goes on to get certified and degrees.If i take home 1.8m per annum ,its not bad.
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by nobledanie(m): 7:13pm On Apr 03, 2006
Protocol Officer or Personal assistant / Secretary. Its an administrative job thou but I could also fit into other section outside engineering and i m kind of flexible when trained. i can fit into any work environment. i have a hnd in secretarial administration. 1.8 million to 2.5 illion pa minimum
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by adekemi(f): 7:58pm On Apr 08, 2006
i want a place where i can do my industral tranning.i mean a year
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by scondy(f): 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2006
market research: conduct research for new product development or brand upgrading,study market situations for different brands,find out what consumers want. it is a well paid field and at thesame time i`ll be doing what i love doing.its a job that makes u meet people,demands deep and critical thinking skills,also involves much traveling. Now thats my ideal job.
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by lipshell(f): 10:06am On Apr 20, 2006
network administrator i would like an org that has a local/wide area network(LAN/WAN) and telecoms,i would like to manage the org client/server applications.thou i am looking for an internship placement(4 months) for now.thanks for the good job.enough respect.
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by kiama(f): 1:43pm On Jul 17, 2007
[color=A job in the banking sector and multinational companys(oil servicing company). HND holder Business Admin. email irene_links2007@yahoo.com
my number 08032301855[/color]
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by Ezinwannem: 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2007
My ideal job is to work with International development Agencies that do development work in the Developing countries
Re: Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! by Dmajesty(m): 9:29am On Nov 13, 2007
Every year, young, energetic, and vibrant graduates are being pumped out of NYSC in two batches. Many of them travel here and there in search of greener pasture in several multinational companies, private companies, banks etc. but only a few remain lucky after several attempt.

Is it because the barber does not know how to barb or that the blade is not sharp? Thorough research has discovered that the fault is from applicants and not the employers.

I have some free packages to help you secure your dream jobs in any part of Nigeria and offshore of Nigerian coast. Search http://getthejobs.webs.io

Cheers, ONE NIGERIA FOREVER!

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Important Things You Must Know Before Working For Any Nigerian Employer / 5 Basic Things You Need To Do During Your Annual Leave / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.