Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,683 members, 7,801,966 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands (1463 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Why Do Fathers Like Calling Their Kids By Their Native Name? / Children Calling Their Father By His Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by pamcode(m): 11:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
It has come to my notice grannies and some ignorant mothers like calling their male offsprings their husbands most especially if their husbands are dead to me it nonsense and anytime am referred to as such i say queitly in my mind GOD FORBID afterall grandpas dont usually say iyawo mi which am sure will be seen by some as pervetness
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
Fondness I believe...
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by immortalcrown(m): 2:20am On Sep 24, 2014
It is either the child bears some resemblance to the father (mother's husband) or the grandpa (the grand mother's husband) or he bears his name.
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by pillzthadrugz(m): 5:59am On Sep 24, 2014
Its because they always sex starve
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by Pavore9: 6:35am On Sep 24, 2014
lt is more out of fondness and it is not restricted to the male child, when l watch yoruba movies, l see some mothers calling their daughters "lya oko mi" (my mother in-law).l do not see anything wrong with mothers/grandmothersusing such pet names.
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by Pavore9: 6:39am On Sep 24, 2014
pillzthadrugz: Its because they always sex starve
That ain't right or have such pet names given the impression that they desire an incestous relationship?
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 24, 2014
pillzthadrugz: Its because they always sex starve
what rubbish? Is this all u can think of?
Mothers calling their male child "my husband" is not in their pervert mind.
It only happens when the husband is late, itz a sort of closeness, a bond and the relationship shared between the mother and son.
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by tintingz(m): 10:20am On Sep 24, 2014
This phrase is commonly said by Yoruba old women and I see nothing wrong with that calling a male child "my husband"(oko mi)

"oko mi"(my husband) is use as a form of a bond, respect, to appreciate, a liking etc.

It doesn't mean you are their hubby haba.

it is something like a figurative, metaphorical speech of word.
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by egopersonified(f): 11:34am On Sep 24, 2014
Op, your topic makes me miss my maternal grandfather.
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 24, 2014
your pussy is fresh. I enjoyed you last night. You must take am born boy for me

egopersonified: Op, your topic makes me miss my maternal grandfather.
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
lets-not-dothis:

isn't this^^ suppose to be personal between you and her? :-/
You sounds like a kid.
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by Haywhymido(m): 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
I most esp. Like it when my grandma call me dat. She always say it in full : oko n teni
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by RoyalRoy(m): 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
letsdothis: your pussy is fresh. I enjoyed you last night. You must take am born boy for me

Letsdothis, this is the one and only warning you are getting on this section.

You have continuously stalked and harrased female members on this section for far too long.

This will not be tolerated anymore.
Clean up your act or you will be shipped out.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Letsdothis, this is the one and only warning you are getting on this section.

You have continuously stalked and harrased female members on this section for far too long.

This will not be tolerated anymore.
Clean up your act or you will be shipped out.

You a are a capital fool and a bastard for this. Stoopid he-goat. So you were silent when she was cussing me and now that I react you are all catching cold.

You are nothing but a goat. Oya do your worst. slowpoke. If you no ban me after reading this then no be your papa born you.

Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by RoyalRoy(m): 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by RoyalRoy(m): 10:41am On Sep 25, 2014
I guess most of them dont mean it literally. Its just a way of boosting the child's ego.
A way to make the child feel important and responsible to his immediate environment.
Nothing much to it.
Re: What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands by pamcode(m): 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
letsdothis:

You a are a capital fool and a bastard for this. Stoopid he-goat. So you were silent when she was cussing me and now that I react you are all catching cold.

You are nothing but a goat. Oya do your worst. slowpoke. If you no ban me after reading this then no be your papa born you.

dat quite rude man and i tink u should apologise

(1) (Reply)

Mother Lets Gang Of Men Rape 10-year-old Daughter For 5 Years / ?? / Which Section Of Nairaland Can't You Do Without In A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.