Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Army Pardon Convicted Soldiers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Army Pardon Convicted Soldiers (608 Views)

5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy / Alams Dressed Like A Woman And Jumped Bail; Pardon For Sale In Nigeria / Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Pardon Convicted Soldiers by ibkgab001: 12:17am On Sep 24, 2014
PERMIT me to use this opportunity to call on the Nigerian military to spare the lives of the 12 soldiers convicted of mutiny and sentenced to death recently in Abuja.

I also want to call on the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, to set the soldiers free.

While it has been confirmed that they rebelled against a superior officer, there should also be a human face to every judgment. The soldiers complained of lacking good weapons, and they were made to go and face a group of terrorists who are well-equipped.

The frequent killing of their colleagues brought about the actions of the soldiers, and there is something in psychology, called spontaneous reaction. The soldiers might not have meant to attack their Commander, but something just came over them as a result of the human losses they had suffered.

Therefore, the military should temper justice with mercy and release the soldiers.

In order to forestal a repeat of such acts of mutiny, the military should quick provide the soldiers with the required weapons to prosecute this war.

Our soldiers are not cowards, and they are always ready to fight, but in a situation whereby they are not well-equipped, then there is little they can do to curb the activities of the Boko Haram insurgents. We must also not forget that these militants are not bound by the international law governing warfare. They go out enmasse committing war crimes by killing innocent people, while also using non-conventional weapons.

Therefore, once, I want to appeal to the army authorities to forgive these soldiers who have been convicted. In such situations, human feelings should also play out in the judgment.

Jude Omobude,

Benin,

Edo State.
- See more at: http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/army-pardon-convicted-soldiers/#sthash.2zHcfdTV.dpuf
http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/army-pardon-convicted-soldiers/
Re: Army Pardon Convicted Soldiers by ibkgab001: 12:20am On Sep 24, 2014
I hate Capital punishment ....But they have to be Punished by sending them to sambisa with one magazine each with out food and money
Re: Army Pardon Convicted Soldiers by Raiders: 12:22am On Sep 24, 2014
I think the army should forgive the soldiers. however mutiny should not be condoned by the army
Re: Army Pardon Convicted Soldiers by ossaisly(m): 12:34am On Sep 24, 2014
so mutiny should continue?

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Should Be Paying Us / See Charly Boy Aka Area Fada In New Photos / Burkina Faso’s Army Chief Announces Creation Of Interim Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.