Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs (8202 Views)

Obiano Commissions Anambra Mdgs-cgs Water Supply Scheme At Umunze / Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence / Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by atlwireles: 2:02am On Sep 24, 2014
AFTER over a year’s on-the-spot-assessment of implementation of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), the United Nations (UN) has commended the Delta State government, for meeting international standards.

The UN commends Delta government in education, health, agriculture, provision of potable water and sanitation through the micro-credit scheme.

The commendation came in New York, United States (US), as the report of UN assessors who had been in Delta State for over 12 months evaluating the status of core thematic areas in the global body’s MDGs target was unveiled before an international audience.

According to press statement issued in New York by Chike C. Ogeah, Delta State Commissioner for Information, the free medical care programme for children under five years and seniors over 65, as well as the free maternal care up to delivery for pregnant women was highlighted as a crucial project that had reduced infant mortality in Delta.

On education, the report noted that the introduction of Edu-Marshals, a scheme whereby officials are deployed to all towns in the state to ensure children of school age are in institutions, alongside the free and compulsory education of children up to secondary education, was recommended by the UN report for adoption by other governments in meeting the goals of universal education.

The report, which was made public at the ongoing UN General Assembly in New York, was read by Ambassador Shola Omoregie, a former UN Secretary General’s envoy to Africa, who led the team of UN experts to Delta State.

Speaking on the report, Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan thanked the UN, saying his decision to seek the assessment of the UN was in the best interest of not just the present generation of the people of the state, but those growing up.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/16868-un-commends-delta-on-delivery-of-mdgs

3 Likes

Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by kelvincoll(m): 2:13am On Sep 24, 2014
Since its a commendation coming from the UN not some kangaroo group, i'll say kudos to the Govt of Delta state even as more is required from a wealthy state as hers

On education, the report noted that the introduction of Edu-Marshals, a scheme whereby officials are deployed to all towns in the state to ensure children of school age are in institutions, alongside the free and compulsory education of children up to secondary education, was recommended by the UN report for adoption by other governments in meeting the goals of universal education

Some1 might want to advise Gov Rochas on the bolded since his "over kind" gesture granting free education upto tertiary level seems to have left him short of funds meant to develop other facets of the state.

1 Like

Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by justi4jesu(f): 5:48am On Sep 24, 2014
NOTED smiley
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Leetunechi: 5:49am On Sep 24, 2014
3rd to comment undecided
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by lonelydora: 5:52am On Sep 24, 2014
Nice one
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by leonard509(m): 5:53am On Sep 24, 2014
Ok
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by edlion57(m): 5:53am On Sep 24, 2014
Highest bidder. ...takes the price home

1 Like

Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by omogidi234(m): 5:55am On Sep 24, 2014
3 or 4 Oks and noted and the thing is in the front page. By the way, why are we having double page of the same thread on the FP? Mod please address.

2 Likes

Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by englishmart(m): 5:56am On Sep 24, 2014
Is that all they can do for the deltans?
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Ezyp(m): 5:57am On Sep 24, 2014
Admins de do first to post am to front page

Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Leolexis(m): 5:57am On Sep 24, 2014
Is that sooo! Hmmm no wonder Delta Edumershal is stil Eradicating Street Cultures...kudos shocked
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by freshness2020: 5:58am On Sep 24, 2014
Consolation news I would say!
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by davidflipcy(m): 5:58am On Sep 24, 2014
Issokay
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by 2cato: 5:59am On Sep 24, 2014
Some APC dolts will soon come and tell us it is an arrangee award

1 Like

Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by stinggy(m): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2014
Delta State?
Really?
Am I seeing visions

1 Like

Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by datguru: 6:08am On Sep 24, 2014
Ooj
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by ceospecial(m): 6:11am On Sep 24, 2014
undecided
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Olarewajub: 6:12am On Sep 24, 2014
Hmmm...
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 24, 2014
I really haven't seen d handiwork of uduaghan in delta. 89% of deltans wldnt give him a passmark.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by gift01: 6:19am On Sep 24, 2014
UN don collect Oil money

2 Likes

Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by datguru: 6:21am On Sep 24, 2014
Booked
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by kennyfao(m): 6:21am On Sep 24, 2014
stinggy: Delta State?
Really?
Am I seeing visions

God bless u for that question
I tot I am d only one wondering which part of Delta State because I have being in warri and also a regular visitor to places like Ughelli,kwale, abraka, obiaruko and ozoro for the past four years and I have not seen any form. of development here in Delta state oo
Infact, u nid to come to warri and see how uduaghan has spoilt all d road in d name of a failed project called BRT lane., digging all d side raods in d name of a failed supply ofpotable water. In our own accessment as residents of Delta state the Governer is a. Complete failure.

10 Likes

Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by bngene: 6:26am On Sep 24, 2014
What about Lagos state? I'm from Lagos State and I must say Gov. R. Fashola must have done more than what is been done in Delta state...although I have never been to Delta State..........Eko o ni baje....

I love Lasgidi
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by elohorayodele: 6:30am On Sep 24, 2014
Nice one if its true
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by DaGC(m): 6:32am On Sep 24, 2014
I have always said here that in the areas of transportation, healthcare and education, he has been really good.

Still, he probably could have done more.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by habex050: 6:34am On Sep 24, 2014
Not only the UN can commend them
I have been commending them in my own way silently
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 24, 2014
What happen to others not commended...no under ground investigation.
Like oyo state where no MDG's project can be see with un aided eyes..
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by aminho(m): 6:40am On Sep 24, 2014
ATLEST DIS TIME ITS NOT SWIMMING POOL
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 24, 2014
selfie: What is this

[size=45] Meet rich sugar MUMMY here [/size]

Are you?
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Canme4u(m): 6:50am On Sep 24, 2014
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibori Not Released From Prison – Oghara Clan Sec-General / Ipob, Happening Now Live... / Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.