Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,843 members, 7,806,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Do You Have These Eating Disorders? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Have These Eating Disorders? (533 Views)

A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders / Sleeping And Eating Disorders / Eating Disorders In Adolescents! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have These Eating Disorders? by DoctorStephen(m): 6:32am On Sep 24, 2014
You must have heard about binge eating. It is just one of the eating disorders that people suffer from today. It's actually a symptom of certain mental illnesses,and those who have it may not even know.

Common eating disorders include;
(i.) Anorexia Nervosa: It is an illness characterised by an obsessive fear of gaining weight, which makes this person to engage in compulsive exercise to eliminate excess kilocalories;also, the person deliberately starves himself.The gender with greater patronage is the female.
(ii.) Bulimia Nervosa: It is an eating disorder characterised by the consumption of large amounts of food at one time. Also, it involves compensatory behaviors like, purging by using laxatives,e.g. Andrew liver salt, to allow space for more food.
It may vary in degree of severity, in some individuals.
(iii.) Binge Eating Disorder: It is the binge eating that does not include compensatory behaviours,like inducing purging.
(iv.) Drunkorexia: Eating less to drink more, etc

To be cont'd
Re: Do You Have These Eating Disorders? by rawpadgin(m): 6:49am On Sep 24, 2014
u mean if i decide to eat a lot of food because i want to gain more weight its a disorder

if i change my mind & start eating less because i don't want to develop a budging stomach its also a sickness

okay, cortinue
Re: Do You Have These Eating Disorders? by DoctorStephen(m): 11:08am On Sep 24, 2014
rawpadgin: u mean if i decide to eat a lot of food because i want to gain more weight its a disorder

if i change my mind & start eating less because i don't want to develop a budging stomach its also a sickness

okay, cortinue
No

(1) (Reply)

Another American Contracts Ebola / HIV+ Women In Kenya Sue Government Over Plan To Forcibly Sterilize Them / Detoxify Your Body Now......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.