Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,341 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb (30306 Views)

Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? / 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate / Information From Jamb: Read The Guardian News Paper Last Week Thurday 13th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Chidexter(m): 8:40am On Sep 24, 2014
what should I do please, is there any way to rectify this problem. am afraid to pay the school acceptance fee. (laspotech)
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Antell95(m): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2014
wish i could help
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 24, 2014
Im also facing dis problem..sm1 sud pls help an answer dis
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by chimhigher(m): 9:42am On Sep 24, 2014
ITS SUPPOSED 2 B 4RM JAMB NA..COS IF ItS NT JAMB DAT gave u d admission then m nt sure u wil get d jamb admission letter..also it wl affect ur NYSC
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by lomaxx: 10:28am On Sep 24, 2014
It's not a problem. If your University gave you admission and the list was authenticated by the Senate of the University, the admission is genuine. The list would be sent to JAMB to reflect the necessary changes(if it hasn't been done already). Jamb might take a while to issue you admission letters but the University will definitely issue you an admission letter which can ALWAYS be used in lieu of the JAMB Admission letter.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by davidj20: 12:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
pls whc skul is dat?....
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by chimhigher(m): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
davidj20: pls whc skul is dat?....
As in??
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
lomaxx: It's not a problem. If your University gave you admission and the list was authenticated by the Senate of the University, the admission is genuine. The list would be sent to JAMB to reflect the necessary changes(if it hasn't been done already). Jamb might take a while to issue you admission letters but the University will definitely issue you an admission letter which can ALWAYS be used in lieu of the JAMB Admission letter.
Bro. Uniuyo admitted me into Pharmacy this year. I'm number 101 on their list on uniuyo's website. But at that time, uniuyo had not released the admission list to JAMB portal so all of us were patient with them. JAMB portal kept repeating 'sorry no admission given yet'. Yet we waited. Then this morning someone on uniuyo admission thread reported that uniuyo admission list is now on jamb portal, I don't know if the news is authentic, yet I rushed to JAMB portal to bring out my aadmission letter, only to now see ' congratulations!!! You have been admitted to our savior institute of science and technology(poly), Enugu state.

It was difficult to believe initially, even as at now. So, I'm confused. What do I do now? Please help a confused and sad brother.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by iamsegsy(m): 12:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
if jamb is not the one who issued admission,your admission ain't genuine.....
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Chidexter(m): 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
the school is Lagos state polytechnic. I was offered admission by them and I have been given my matrix number. but each time I log into jamb portal I get a message that I haven't been given admission. I know am not the only one experiencing such problems
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Chidexter(m): 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
please mods put this on the front page to help those experiencing the same problem
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by obabila(m): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
Largas:
Bro. Uniuyo admitted me into Pharmacy this year. I'm number 101 on their list on uniuyo's website. But at that time, uniuyo had not released the admission list to JAMB portal so all of us were patient with them. JAMB portal kept repeating 'sorry no admission given yet'. Yet we waited. Then this morning someone on uniuyo admission thread reported that uniuyo admission list is now on jamb portal, I don't know if the news is authentic, yet I rushed to JAMB portal to bring out my aadmission letter, only to now see ' congratulations!!! You have been admitted to our savior institute of science and technology(poly), Enugu state.

It was difficult to believe initially, even as at now. So, I'm confused. What do I do now? Please help a confused and sad brother.
u will go to jamb office to terminate d admission ''our saviour institute of science and technology (poly),Enugu state. it is as a result of d first school.to post ur name to.abuja.u will terminate d polytechnic for d university. as for d laspotech guy go.to ikoyi to.complain it will b rectified.it is not a.big problem okay? after d complained and it got rectified u will b.able.to.print d admission letter.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by obabila(m): 1:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
What jamb is trying to do is to ensure no student run two programmes in two different schools one have to reject one for d.other ,my boss d poly sent ur name to.abuja before d uni dat is why d poly reflect on.d jamb website u to terminate d.admission for d poly forbd.uni to.reflect have i made myself.clear?
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Doclight(m): 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
lomaxx: It's not a problem. If your University gave you admission and the list was authenticated by the Senate of the University, the admission is genuine. The list would be sent to JAMB to reflect the necessary changes(if it hasn't been done already). Jamb might take a while to issue you admission letters but the University will definitely issue you an admission letter which can ALWAYS be used in lieu of the JAMB Admission letter.
pardon. I doubt. Jamb is the board in charge of matric. U must b issued admission by jamb. Ur school only admits who the find worthy, but must be authentified by jamb. Havnt u heard of a scenario when jamb rejects a particular list? Anyways just my assumptions
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by lomaxx: 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
Largas:

Shi.t happens with JAMB. The school that gives you the admission first will be the first to reflect on the JAMB website. But that is not a problem. There's something called Acceptance of Admission. That's why every school mandates that you accept their admission after you have been admitted. This is done by paying a mandatory acceptance fee and following the necessary screening procedures. If school XYZ admitted you first and it is appearing on JAMB portal, so far as you did not accept their admission, you're safe.

University of Uyo would issue you a matriculation number (most potent evidence of admission) and an admission letter provided you were admitted by the university and you did the screening exercise.

Have no fear. Our educational system is a joke.
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by lomaxx: 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
Doclight: pardon. I doubt. Jamb is the board in charge of matric. U must b issued admission by jamb. Ur school only admits who the find worthy, but must be authentified by jamb. Havnt u heard of a scenario when jamb rejects a particular list? Anyways just my assumptions

Chap chooses university in UTME. Chap writes UTME and makes University cut-off point for that course(irrespective of JAMB cut-off). JAMB sends list of students who made JAMB's cut-off to the University. University sets their admission criteria(via post-UTME). University selects the students from the chaps on Merit and other criteria. University sends list to JAMB after it has been ratified by the senate. Any university that sends the admission list to JAMB first will be reflected on the JAMB's portal . Student matriculates and signs a matriculation register . He is now a certified student. The final list would be sent to JAMB as matriculated students of that University.

That's why JAMB means JOINT ADMISSION AND MATRICULATION BOARD not NIGERIAN ADMISSION AND MATRICULATION BOARD. Joint because they're doing admission and matriculation JOINTLY with the University

I make no assumptions.
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
lomaxx:

Shi.t happens with JAMB. The school that gives you the admission first will be the first to reflect on the JAMB website. But that is not a problem. There's something called Acceptance of Admission. That's why every school mandates that you accept their admission after you have been admitted. This is done by paying a mandatory acceptance fee and following the necessary screening procedures. If school XYZ admitted you first and it is appearing on JAMB portal, so far as you did not accept their admission, you're safe.

University of Uyo would issue you a matriculation number (most potent evidence of admission) and an admission letter provided you were admitted by the university and you did the screening exercise.

Hahaha you are very funny and you write really well.
Thanks a lot and thanks to Obabila as well. I'm already at Jamb office and about to terminate the admission from the poly.
You guys are very helpful. I very much hope and pray that as I reject the Poly's admission offer, Uniuyo's admission offer will thereafter reflect on Jamb site. Afterall, I'll need the JAMB letter of admission for NYSC.

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by jerryexcel(m): 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
Which skul
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Jinyjagz(m): 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Chidexter: what should I do please, is there any way to rectify this problem. am afraid to pay the school acceptance fee. (laspotech)

you have no business with JAMB, laspotech
doesn't submit names of admitted candidates
to JAMB. Once you've been admitted on the
school portal, you're good to go!!

1 Like

Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by otodeluxe(m): 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
I guess it will take a while for the changes to reflect on JAMB website. Just be patience. Mine too is "sorry no admission is given yet"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Chidexter(m): 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
otodeluxe: I guess it will take a while for the changes to reflect on JAMB website. Just be patience. Mine too is "sorry no admission is given yet"
ok and I feel its because I havent paid acceptance fee.
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by omoerelu1: 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
it is no big deal. I had the same issue . It will be corrected by the school.
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by roufy235(m): 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
lomaxx:

Chap chooses university in UTME. Chap writes UTME and makes University cut-off point for that course(irrespective of JAMB cut-off). JAMB sends list of students who made JAMB's cut-off to the University. University sets their admission criteria(via post-UTME). University selects the students from the chaps on Merit and other criteria. University sends list to JAMB after it has been ratified by the senate. Any university that sends the admission list to JAMB first will be reflected on the JAMB's portal . Student matriculates and signs a matriculation register . He is now a certified student. The final list would be sent to JAMB as matriculated students of that University.

That's why JAMB means JOINT ADMISSION AND MATRICULATION BOARD not NIGERIAN ADMISSION AND MATRICULATION BOARD. Joint because they're doing admission and matriculation JOINTLY with the University

I make no assumptions.
Thanks a lot.
Sir, I have an off-topic question I sincerely wish you will attend to.
Please, with your wealth of experience and knowledge on the health sector, would you kindly explain to me in details between medicine and pharmacy which is better in Nigeria's economy?
A youngster asked me that and I don't know what to answer.
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by lomaxx: 12:38am On Sep 25, 2014
Largas:
Thanks a lot.
Sir, I have an off-topic question I sincerely wish you will attend to.
Please, with your wealth of experience and knowledge on the health sector, would you kindly explain to me in details between medicine and pharmacy which is better in Nigeria's economy?
A youngster asked me that and I don't know what to answer.

The outcome of any profession does not depend on the profession but on who is practicing the profession - in any economy. Being a doctor is not a free-ticket to a good life. Every profession has its perks and downsides- no matter how promising it may seem on the large scale.

I make no assumptions. I don't know how pharmacy works- so I can't give specifics for that area. As for medicine, being a doctor affords you the intimate exposure of all aspects of patient care in raw material form. It is now left for you to decide what you want to do with that knowledge. Including making money in this same Nigerian economy.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by guzzyg: 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
Largas:
Hahaha you are very funny and you write really well.
Thanks a lot and thanks to Obabila as well. I'm already at Jamb office and about to terminate the admission from the poly.
You guys are very helpful. I very much hope and pray that as I reject the Poly's admission offer, Uniuyo's admission offer will thereafter reflect on Jamb site. Afterall, I'll need the JAMB letter of admission for NYSC.
pls which jamb office, is it the one at abuja or the state office, gat dsame problem
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 02, 2014
guzzyg: pls which jamb office, is it the one at abuja or the state office, gat dsame problem
i went to state office bro. Go to your state office first they'll follow up your case, it may be rigorous and will require you fill in some form and pay for it, but since it'll effect a good change, it's worth it.
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by guzzyg: 10:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
Largas:
i went to state office bro. Go to your state office first they'll follow up your case, it may be rigorous and will require you fill in some form and pay for it, but since it'll effect a good change, it's worth it.
guzzyg:
pls which jamb office, is it the one at abuja or the state office, gat dsame problem
Largas:
how much du u spend generally heard there ll b a need for scratch card
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by guzzyg: 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
lomaxx:
It's not a problem. If your University gave you admission and the list was authenticated by the Senate of the University, the admission is genuine. The list would be sent to JAMB to reflect the necessary changes(if it hasn't been done already). Jamb might take a while to issue you admission letters but the University will definitely issue you an admission letter which can ALWAYS be used in lieu of the JAMB Admission letter.
lomaxx:

. Pm dr lomaxx, av a medical dream tu archive, so confuse wit hw nigeria uni du fustrate student nowadays, uniben gav me zoology in liue of mbbs,student that got lower mark were given @elds. Pls can i choose uniuyo from ondo state,will i be free from elds nd nonindigene stuff, gat 230 in ma last jamb, saw ur right up in the medical thread, currently am starting a new paramont jacks for next year jamb
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Heeyanuh: 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
Jinyjagz:

you have no business with JAMB, laspotech
doesn't submit names of admitted candidates
to JAMB. Once you've been admitted on the
school portal, you're good to go!!
laspotech submit names of admitted applicants to jamb,d first list released by d skul has been sent to jamb,i will advice d victim to accept d offer of admission and go to jamb office to complain,it will b rectified.
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Heeyanuh: 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
Chidexter:
ok and I feel its because I havent paid acceptance fee.
i don't mind posting some jamb registration number here for u to confirm,u will check their status on jamb website ,it will shown that they have been offered admission by d skul,go and pay d acceptance fee which is 12100 using interswitch (atm) then u will print admission letter from d skul and medical ,thereafter,u will take d admission letter to jamb office and complain that ur name did not reflect on jamb website.it will b rectified.did u choose laspotech most preferred? That is first choice where university suppose to be,reply asap.
Re: Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb by Scholar1234: 1:46pm On Feb 24, 2015
Where that Guy where open this thread post.

(1) (2) (Reply)

TASUED Closes School Over Clash Between Cultists And Host Community / JAMB 2018: Top 10 States With Highest Number Of Registered UTME Candidates / 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.