Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:28 PM

India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit (1603 Views)

Obama Reaches For A Security Chief With Nigerian Roots / Evidence Of Life On Mars With PIX / Nasa - Atlantis Launched On Hubble Mission (stunning Images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by uzoexcel(m): 9:25am On Sep 24, 2014
India has become the first nation to reach Mars on its maiden attempt after its Mars Orbiter Mission completed its 10-month journey and successfully entered the Red Planet’s orbit. bit.

The Indian Space Research Organization’s unmanned drone, also called Mangalyaan, was programmed by Indian engineers to fire its main engine and eight smaller thrusters for 24 minutes, starting at 0147 GMT in order to make the spacecraft's final maneuvers into Mars' orbit.

The spacecraft has executed the arrival sequence autonomously with engineers receiving the telemetry with 12-and-a-half minute delay at ISRO's control center in Bangalore due to the 139 million miles separating Earth and Mars.

“History has been created today,” said Indian prime minister Narendra Modi. “We have dared to reach out into the unknown and have achieved the near-impossible. I congratulate all ISRO scientists as well as all my fellow Indians on this historic occasion.”

On the orbit, the unnamed probe is set to study Mars’ surface and scan its atmosphere for evidence of some sort of life. The probe is expected to circle Mars for six months, about 500 kilometers (310 miles) from its surface. Its five scientific instruments will collect data and send it back to Earth.

The Mangalyaan is equipped with a color imaging camera, a thermal infrared spectrometer to measure the chemical composition of the surface, and instruments to assess the Mars atmosphere, including a methane detector.

The Mars Orbiter Mission, a low-cost $74 million project, blasted off from Earth on November 5, 2013, aboard an Indian Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle. At its initial stage, the rocket booster placed the probe into Earth's orbit before the craft fired the engines to break free of Earth's gravity en route to Mars.

This is India's first mission into such deep space to search for evidence of life on the Red Planet. But the mission's primary objective is technological – if successful, the country will be joining an elite club of nations: the United States, Russia and Europe.

Source: http://rt.com/news/190096-india-mars-orbiter-probe/
picTure 3 depicts the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) scientists and engineers monitor the movements of India's Mars orbiter at their Spacecraft Control Center in the southern Indian city of Bangalore (Reuters / Stringer)

Their first attempt and with local indian engineers. and also To think that it costs just $74 million.And we supposedly have $20 billion missing cry cry cry

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by suckerpunch: 9:28am On Sep 24, 2014
Booked

1 Like

Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by eunisam: 9:41am On Sep 24, 2014
oboy! See india ooh! This people keke na pepe done enter jupita ooh.

2 Likes

Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by uzolexis(f): 10:24am On Sep 24, 2014
Good one,mk e no be only US and EU dey do this kind thing. Meanwhile what is Africa doing sef?? We just dey siddon look, the rest of the world is leaving us behind.
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by uzoexcel(m): 10:52am On Sep 24, 2014
we are praying cheesy cheesy cheesy
uzolexis: Good one,mk e no be only US and EU dey do this kind thing. Meanwhile what is Africa doing sef?? We just dey siddon look, the rest of the world is leaving us behind.

1 Like

Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by iamord(m): 11:32am On Sep 24, 2014
Am so happy for them.. India is coming of age.. Showing that the greatest resource is the humans brain. Let me enjoy the good news and not talk about.......

2 Likes

Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 24, 2014
Hehehhehehe...d dimwitted africans shey cheesy

If only nigerians knw that 3years savings to mecca and jerusalem for pilgrimmage will giv us neccessary fundings to pioneer our own space mission..anyway,but that is none of my business..

Btw I wonder what gods this indians pray to that make dem perform and pioneer latest trends in techmology..and how many times do these indians go to mecca or jerusalem

Bloody unbelievers!!they will surely rot in hell cheesy

iamord: Am so happy for them.. India is coming of age.. Showing that the greatest resource is the humans brain. Let me enjoy the good news and not talk about.......

1 Share

Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by iamord(m): 11:56am On Sep 24, 2014
desdichando: Hehehhehehe...d dimwitted africans shey cheesy

If only nigerians knw that 3years savings to mecca and jerusalem for pilgrimmage will giv us neccessary fundings to pioneer our own space mission..anyway,but that is none of my business..

Btw I wonder what gods this indians pray to that make dem perform and pioneer latest trends in techmology..and how many times do these indians go to mecca or jerusalem

Bloody unbelievers!!they will surely rot in hell cheesy

Lol you already know what am talking about. With the poor maintenance culture and poor educational system.. is it space ship we want to create I rather treck to space than to follow such.. To me the black mans problem has to do with intelligence and evolution. I will have to make a new thread to discuss that

2 Likes

Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
I dnt knw what u talking about (jst kidding)

The only thing I knw is even if they start living in mars,when they die they ll still come back and go to hell for beeen infidels cheesy cheesy

speaking sarcastically
iamord:
Lol you already know what am talking about. With the poor maintenance culture and poor educational system.. is it space ship we want to create I rather treck to space than to follow such.. To me the black mans problem has to do with intelligence and evolution. I will have to make a new thread to discuss that
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by iamord(m): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
desdichando:

The only thing I knw is even if they start living in mars,when they die they ll still come back and go to hell for beeen infidels cheesy cheesy

When I put up the thread uu will understand..
Are the blacks infidels?? Pls throw more light on it
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by uzoexcel(m): 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
Waitn 4 ur thread my friend

Though I think I get what desdichandi is saying as he was been overly sarcastic..
He's talking about africans and our tendency to have religious tinted views on matters affeccting us as per africans as a whole..to a typical xtian/muslim most indians are gonna end up in hell for nt 'seeing the light'

Anyway the aim of this thread is to congratulate the indians who though were also colonized by the oyibo man,atook and adapted his technology and improved upon it with their indigeneous wayswhile rejecting his religion..till date most indians dnt even have 'white' names..we here in africa on d other hand did the total opposite

iamord:

When I put up the thread uu will understand..
Are the blacks infidels?? Pls throw more light on it

1 Like

Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by Vikky014(f): 3:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
uzoexcel: India has become the first nation to reach Mars on its maiden attempt after its Mars Orbiter Mission completed its 10-month journey and successfully entered the Red Planet’s orbit. bit.

The Indian Space Research Organization’s unmanned drone, also called Mangalyaan, was programmed by Indian engineers to fire its main engine and eight smaller thrusters for 24 minutes, starting at 0147 GMT in order to make the spacecraft's final maneuvers into Mars' orbit.

The spacecraft has executed the arrival sequence autonomously with engineers receiving the telemetry with 12-and-a-half minute delay at ISRO's control center in Bangalore due to the 139 million miles separating Earth and Mars.

“History has been created today,” said Indian prime minister Narendra Modi. “We have dared to reach out into the unknown and have achieved the near-impossible. I congratulate all ISRO scientists as well as all my fellow Indians on this historic occasion.”

On the orbit, the unnamed probe is set to study Mars’ surface and scan its atmosphere for evidence of some sort of life. The probe is expected to circle Mars for six months, about 500 kilometers (310 miles) from its surface. Its five scientific instruments will collect data and send it back to Earth.

The Mangalyaan is equipped with a color imaging camera, a thermal infrared spectrometer to measure the chemical composition of the surface, and instruments to assess the Mars atmosphere, including a methane detector.

The Mars Orbiter Mission, a low-cost $74 million project, blasted off from Earth on November 5, 2013, aboard an Indian Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle. At its initial stage, the rocket booster placed the probe into Earth's orbit before the craft fired the engines to break free of Earth's gravity en route to Mars.

This is India's first mission into such deep space to search for evidence of life on the Red Planet. But the mission's primary objective is technological – if successful, the country will be joining an elite club of nations: the United States, Russia and Europe.

Source: http://rt.com/news/190096-india-mars-orbiter-probe/
picTure 3 depicts the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) scientists and engineers monitor the movements of India's Mars orbiter at their Spacecraft Control Center in the southern Indian city of Bangalore (Reuters / Stringer)

Their first attempt and with local indian engineers. and also To think that it costs just $74 million.And we supposedly have $20 billion missing cry cry cry

i hv seen d 20billion o

3 Likes

Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by iamord(m): 10:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
uzoexcel: Waitn 4 ur thread my friend

Though I think I get what desdichandi is saying as he was been overly sarcastic..
He's talking about africans and our tendency to have religious tinted views on matters affeccting us as per africans as a whole..to a typical xtian/muslim most indians are gonna end up in hell for nt 'seeing the light'

Anyway the aim of this thread is to congratulate the indians who though were also colonized by the oyibo man,atook and adapted his technology and improved upon it with their indigeneous wayswhile rejecting his religion..till date most indians dnt even have 'white' names..we here in africa on d other hand did the total opposite

Lol.. I understand both of u clearly and I feel the same way.. I am still composing the notes of the thread. When its done I wwill def tag u in
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by Nobody: 3:27am On Sep 25, 2014
Awesome! I remember the launch news story from last year. A hearty congratulations to ISRO, the MOM team, and India at large.
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by deeobserver209(m): 9:04am On Sep 25, 2014
Space Technology advancement is now the yardstick for defining great countries.
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by GreenandGold: 9:04am On Sep 25, 2014
Congradulations to India... I just hope "low costs" doesn't mean underpaying engineers to archive that.
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
Africas problem is bad religion. We dont respect the Gods unlike the Indians. So we suffer.
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by iamord(m): 12:43pm On Sep 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA: Africas problem is bad religion. We dont respect the Gods unlike the Indians. So we suffer.

Its not only religion! There are still a lot of factors that I will discuss in a thread!! To get out of it blacks need to be brainwashed
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by iamord(m): 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA: Africas problem is bad religion. We dont respect the Gods unlike the Indians. So we suffer.

Its not only religion! There are still a lot of factors that I will discuss in a thread!! To get out of it blacks need to be brainwashed positively and a lot of other measures I will like to discuss
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
iamord:

Its not only religion! There are still a lot of factors that I will discuss in a thread!! To get out of it blacks need to be brainwashed positively and a lot of other measures I will like to discuss

Religion is the major issue. We must not ignore it.
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by iamord(m): 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Religion is the major issue. We must not ignore it.

Rather there should be restructuring, and reforms in the traditional sector..in such a way that it will promote development and black emancipation in the highest order.. Its broad but once that is done. People will begin to find their roots .. If something higher than religion comes in the future .. Black will run with it.. That's y I say there must be a positive brainwash. To bring back the black mind to the right road path
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
iamord:

Rather there should be restructuring, and reforms in the traditional sector..in such a way that it will promote development and black emancipation in the highest order.. Its broad but once that is done. People will begin to find their roots .. If something higher than religion comes in the future .. Black will run with it.. That's y I say there must be a positive brainwash. To bring back the black mind to the right road path

what kind of reforms?
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by iamord(m): 6:49am On Sep 30, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

what kind of reforms?

Sorry for the late reply.. I have been quite busy. the kind of reforms am looking at are measures that will be taken to channel the spiritual energy in atr towards innovation and developments in all spheres .. Just like how the indians and asians have done successfully. We need to bring back confidence in the traditional sector, use the tradition as a catalyst of change amongst nigerians For such to be successful .. We must to have documented all the tradition religious practices in the country. Make reviews and put of what needs to be added and removed.. Find innovative ways to control the negative energy in the society etc
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by sexzskil(f): 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
desdichando:

Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by sexzskil(f): 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
desdichando:

a typical Black's way of thinking. lemme grin first. The world is marching on technologically but its such a pity only Africa is left far behind(except SA and Egypt). Our own problems are just to eat, give birth like sheep, embezzle fund when in public office, organize religious revival up and down seeking for abracadabra. Is it that we are under an everlasting spell? This is really painful. Our biggest mistake was in chasing The Masters out so soon all in the guise of one useless independence If I say am ashamed to be born a black now one mumu from nor where go kom dey threaten me with death, SMH!
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by natureblack(m): 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
sexzskil:
a typical Black's way of thinking. lemme grin first. The world is marching on technologically but its such a pity only Africa is left far behind(except SA and Turkey). Our own problems are just to eat, give birth like sheep, embezzle fund when in public office, organize religious revival up and down seeking for abracadabra. Is it that we are under an everlasting spell? This is really painful. Our biggest mistake was in chasing The Masters out so soon all in the guise of one useless independence If I say am ashamed to be born a black now one mumu from nor where go kom dey threaten me with death, SMH!
Now go through your post again and you would see how your incorrect spelling has made you look stup1d.

By the way,how has Turkey become an African country. Before now I THOUGHT you were stup1d,but now am very CERTAIN that you are.
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by iamord(m): 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
sexzskil:
a typical Black's way of thinking. lemme grin first. The world is marching on technologically but its such a pity only Africa is left far behind(except SA and Turkey). Our own problems are just to eat, give birth like sheep, embezzle fund when in public office, organize religious revival up and down seeking for abracadabra. Is it that we are under an everlasting spell? This is really painful. Our biggest mistake was in chasing The Masters out so soon all in the guise of one useless independence If I say am ashamed to be born a black now one mumu from nor where go kom dey threaten me with death, SMH!

Is it that we rr under a spell?? Good question.. I will try to answer that in my up coming thread. But be proud of being black..although there is nothing tangible to be proud about..

1 Like

Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by sexzskil(f): 5:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
natureblack:
Now go through your post again and you would see how your incorrect spelling has made you look stup1d.

By the way,how has Turkey become an African country. Before now I THOUGHT you were stup1d,but now am very CERTAIN that you are.
I actually wanted to write Egypt, but u can ride on that spot u fvcktard!

I went through my post over and over and couldn't even discover a typographical error, except where I was speaking Nigerian pidgin english. Are you this hopeless or you are just putting on your best behavior? You are a hell of terror to yourself Get lost irritant before I puke all over your smelly, frustrated body!
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by natureblack(m): 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
sexzskil:
I actually wanted to write Egypt, but u can ride on that spot u fvcktard!

I went through my post over and over and couldn't even discover a typographical error, except where I was speaking Nigerian pidgin english. Are you this hopeless or you are just putting on your best behavior? You are a hell of terror to yourself Get lost irritant before I puke all over your smelly, frustrated body!
like I expected you to see any tongue Brains are not everything.Infact in your case it's nothing.You mean even in your comment that I mentioned you couldn't figure-out a "typographical error" as you termed it

If ignorance is bliss,you are certainly the happiest person on earth.How much refund do you expect on your head now that it's empty?
Re: India's Low-cost Space Mission Reaches Mars Orbit by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
i trust u knw i was been SARCASTIC!!!!!

sexzskil:
a typical Black's way of thinking. lemme grin first. The world is marching on technologically but its such a pity only Africa is left far behind(except SA and Egypt). Our own problems are just to eat, give birth like sheep, embezzle fund when in public office, organize religious revival up and down seeking for abracadabra. Is it that we are under an everlasting spell? This is really painful. Our biggest mistake was in chasing The Masters out so soon all in the guise of one useless independence If I say am ashamed to be born a black now one mumu from nor where go kom dey threaten me with death, SMH!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Declares That Iran Will Never Have A Nuclear Weapon (photo) / Result Of Russian Hypersonic Missiles Strike / Redistribution Of Wealth - Social Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.