Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. (81752 Views)

Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses On Taxi In Kano, 7 Die (Photo) / Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by ITbomb(m): 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
How long is someone allowed to stay inside the AC bridge
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by anonimi: 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: Are you sure you understand the meaning of "white elephant"?? It has been constructed and completed. What is white elephant about it

I hope you will be humble enough to apologise for your error =>

white elephant

noun

a possession unwanted by the owner but difficult to dispose of:
Our Victorian bric-a-brac and furniture were white elephants.

a possession entailing great expense out of proportion to its usefulness or value to the owner:
When he bought the mansion he didn't know it was going to be such a white elephant.

From: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/white+elephant

A white elephant is a COMPLETED project as you can see in the quoted definition above.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Waste

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by wonlasewonimi: 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
White elephant project

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Tapout(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
LIES!!!!!!!!!!! na wah oh....If the number of lies told on nairaland are converted to raw currency notes, our economy will be the best in the world....It was constructed that way in other to protect pedestrians from rainfall and other weather elements .n probably to add a little beauty to the state..its rarely used sef.....n d shit is on fp undecided..mods keep it up
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by omenka(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
Bryan12: I said"white elephant project"It attracted much resources but has little or no use.
Ok. You were right after all. I bet we have been applying the idiom wrongly. Thanks for the education.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Adeyinka123: 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
True. That's the bridge linking to the NDDC office
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by cyril10(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
MuhdG: Thats a good development. Kudos to the gov.

Not the gov but NDDC please.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by ehispapa(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
Adofaya: What for, when most people in Philippines finds it difficult to make ends meet. When I went to Ph for the first time this year, I thought people there were averagely OK. Come and see the type of vehicles they use as taxi, you will be suprise n ask yourself whether you are in Ph.

Have you the Philippines before?
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Ikwerreboy(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
krall: I don't think I have ever seen it being used by people before. undecided

And before you know, 1 lane of the tunnel will be occupied by kiosks and stores angry

My brother no be small. ##Igbos will not kill us with there business attitude ##

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by leonshom(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
marieolae: What a waste of money. Is this really needed? People don't need to be air conditioned when they are in a haste to get their destinations. Nigerians and their irrelevant ideas.

Read well b4 Maki g horrible comment. Its meant for NDDC staff and visitors, not for public use. Besides,even if its for public use, ain't it part of city beautification !

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by epospiky(m): 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
Nice development but come to think of it. Is it necessary?
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by MabraO: 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
OP u can lie oh
Just heard from my friend
He said nothing like air condition oh
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by hilariousdammie(m): 3:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
Bryan12: Look dude I drive within that axis at least two times every single day.Believe me if I say that I've never seen a single person making use of that brigde.
why should they use it are they not illiterates, they prefer crossing the road and if motor hit them they die like chicken, the governor has done this for us to use with out tolls yet we would never appreciate it ah! nawa oooooooooo angry angry angry
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by cyril10(m): 3:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
omakay: What is the op trying to do? Paint Port-Harcourt as a nice and modern place?

THAT IS A BIG LIE!!!! IT IS A FAT LIE!!!

Imagine Aba Road being the busiest road in the whole of Port-Harcourt with activities happening both at the left and right axis and all NDDC can think of is to build an air-conditioned bridge in front of it's office. That is very selfish and self-centered of them. The worst thing is that in all of Aba Road, there is no functioning pedestrian bridge and people actually cross the expressway everyday which is a big risk.

Port-Harcourt is a physical example of how greedy, self-centered and wicked we are as Nigerians.

With all the revenue and allocations coming into the state government's pocket, there is nothing to show for it in the city.

Direct that to your performing governor. Don't forget that NDDC is still helping out in the construction of roads and schools in PH.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by tuoyoojo(m): 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
Nigerians and der bad belle. Make una go dubai, u go see say aircorn dey for bus stop. If we get ac for bridge is us to be proud abt.

Gets up from sleeping position, stratches groin, with sleepy eyes, picks up mat and starts strolling to d bridge...I must rock dis ac, d heat for this place too mush !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by edo70: 3:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
This is just misplaced priorities when there are better projects to embark on.SMH.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by cyril10(m): 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
MabraO: OP u can lie oh
Just heard from my friend
He said nothing like air condition oh

It is air conditioned.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by IAMBREEZY: 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
marieolae: What a waste of money. Is this really needed? People don't need to be air conditioned when they are in a haste to get their destinations. Nigerians and their irrelevant ideas.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Bryan12(m): 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
anonimi:

I hope you will be humble enough to apologise for your error =>

A white elephant is a COMPLETED project as you can see in the quoted definition above.
Cheers.
since you're good in googling.google"white elephant project"too.I don't know why you guys can't understand a simple idiom.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Jellyfishdude: 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
i pass there more than 50 times a day and i ve not seen a single soul on it. I gues is open for the general public. Them try sha.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by frankmoney(m): 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lol before I opened this thread I knew it was the bridge @ nddc .......#teamph sha
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Oliveronline: 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
that's not for pedestrian op.its for NDDC staffs only.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by christejames(m): 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
Stark illiterate!
hey dude, you are the illiterate here trying to display your folly to the world. Because i wrote in pidgin English trying to be comic doesn't mean that i didn't comprehend the message the OP is trying to portray. Mr literate, what has ur literacy earned you? FOOL!!!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by agyo(m): 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
Indeed colussal waster of resources.

Do you know that the initial plan waste demolished mid way for this air conditioned pedestrian bridge type to mark the highest state madness of NDDC?

I pity our Niger Delta and reckless spending not on the communities that are so in need of it.

The quality of NNDC project indeed is another topic of discussion. This is the right agency to make a difference and torch lives of every Niger Delta but the contrary is seen. So unfortunate.

naughtylagosguy: Waste of public fund.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Reference(m): 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
cyril10:

You regret being a Nigerian for that beautiful pedestrian bridge built by NDDC for the comfort of its staff and clients? nawa o, we condemn things we shouldn't have condemned and applaud things we shouldn't have applauded.

What should they be 'comfortable' for. Are they not to be in a hurry to develop the Niger-Delta that lacks practically everything. Useless civil servants.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by ElFenomeno1: 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
christejames: hey dude, you are the illiterate here trying to display your folly to the world. Because i wrote in pidgin English trying to be comic doesn't mean that i didn't comprehend the message the OP is trying to portray. Mr literate, what has ur literacy earned you? FOOL!!!

#Peace
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Collynzo22: 3:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
Bryan12: I said"white elephant project"It attracted much resources but has little or no use.
@Omenka the above is the meaning of ''white elephant'', it isn't necessarily the same thing as ''abandoned''.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by mployer(m): 3:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
It could be just to encourage more people to use the bridge.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
mainheart: what is the capacity, i want buy go put for my village
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by christejames(m): 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Your father is a fooool... You brainless twerp!
I will reduce you to rubbles or blow you into smithereens next time your quote me again
Vacuous troglodyte!
nitwit, D1ckhead... Why did u quote me first? Why couldn't u just mind your business, why always meddling in other's affairs? FOOL!!! Don't bother quoting me cause i don't engage in squabbles, especially with fools like u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What The Lagos/Ibadan Expressway Looks Like (Photos, Video) / Heavy Rain In Onitsha Sweeps Cars, Occupants, 3 Bankers Away (Photos) / The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.