Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,956 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him (1261 Views)

Bilikisu-Yusuf, Nigerian Journalist Dies In The Hajj Stampede / South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Following journalist- Nicholas Ibekwe‘s explosive tape on which a man alleged to be Prophet TB Joshua is heard offering N50,000 bribe to journalists to write favourable stories about him, a renowned South African investigative journalist, Jacques Pauw has now come forward with claims that Joshua tried to bribe him.
Pauw says Joshua gave him and his camera crew thick envelopes full of hundreds of dollar notes. He said they were at Joshua’s Synagogue Church Of All Nations to produce a TV documentary featuring the Prophet and his reported miraculous healing of terminally South Africans. Pauws alleges the “brown envelopes” were to ensure a positive programme was produced.

Read his statement below:
“I was making a TV documentary and my challenge to Joshua was straightforward: allow me to film how you heal Basson (a 25 year old Springbok rugby player who was dying of liver cancer and went to Prophet TB Joshua for healing). If you succeed, I promise I will show it to the world.
When we arrived at Joshua’s compound, the TV team and I were in effect incarcerated. For two weeks, we were forbidden to leave the grounds.
We were told we could not drink or smoke, and had to attend services and events with the pilgrims.
While I stayed in a dormitory with other pilgrims, Basson and his mother set up camp in a private room.
The church took away the young man’s morphine and pain pills.
During our first interview, a softly spoken, affable Joshua said it would be easy to heal Wium because he had nothing but a “little sore” on his liver.
At Sunday sermons, the afflicted lined up with placards stating what condition they needed healed.

There were lines of people seeking a cure for HIV/Aids, ­cancer and heart conditions, business failures, wandering spouses and dull brains.
A festive, almost joyous atmosphere filled the compound as churchgoers sang, clapped and danced. Evil spirits were cast out and those set free by the Prophet writhed in the dirt while vomiting out the demons.
Joshua prayed for every person in the line and declared them all healed. He ordered them to stop using any medication and trust in God.
Among the pilgrims was Capetonian John Rindel, who was suffering from full-blown AIDS and already had dementia.
He had arrived at the church several weeks before we did, was prayed for by Joshua and declared completely healed.
He had stopped taking his medicine and showed remarkable improvement.
Scientists refer to this as the “placebo effect” of faith healing. A patient can experience genuine pain relief and other ­symptomatic alleviation after being prayed for.

The relief is short-lived and the patient soon returns to his original condition.
On my request, Rindel agreed to go for two independent HIV/Aids tests when he returned to South Africa. Both showed he was still positive. He died a short while later.
The BBC recently investigated the London branch of the church and reported that three women had died after being “healed” and told to stop taking their HIV/Aids medication.
I challenged the pilgrims to provide me with medical proof that they had been healed. None did.
Ruben Kruger died in 2010 just before his 40th birthday.

And Wium Basson?
Joshua never prayed for him. He said God had not sent him a message to do so.
The young man left the church broken, disillusioned and at death’s door. He died a few days after returning to South Africa.
Before I left the church, Joshua handed me, and the camera and sound people, thick envelopes full of hundred dollar notes. He wanted to be sure we’d produce a positive programme.
We gave the envelopes back.

A year or so after the programme aired – and generated a massive response from people who called us accusing Joshua of all sorts of misdeeds – the preacher produced a video of a 76-year-old South African man named Moses he said he’d brought back from the dead.
Moses was among a group of South African pilgrims in Lagos when he had a heart attack in the dining room.
Videos distributed around the world showed three pilgrims, one a doctor from Bloemfontein, trying to resuscitate Moses.
They failed, the videos reported, and Moses was carried into another room. Joshua walked in, bent over him and ­commanded: “In the name of Jesus, rise!”
Moses opened his eyes. It later emerged that Moses had been both alive and ­breathing when he was carried from the dining hall. He’d been resuscitated, not resurrected, and clever editing created a fake miracle.
I understand the despair of terminally ill people and why they grasp at final straws. My father died of lung cancer and might well have made the journey to Lagos.
I am just glad he is not here any more to become a victim of a ravenous tick that feasts on the blood of the ignorant, ­gullible and desperate.”

http://dailypost.ng/2014/09/24/south-african-journalist-jacques-pauw-claims-t-b-joshua-tried-bribe/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by pimplucious: 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lord help us from all this.
Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Jj222(f): 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
Wow so sad n he calls himself a man of God.why all the liars .

1 Like

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by slimthugchimee(m): 3:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
Jj222: Wow so sad n he calls himself a man of God.why all the liars .
i dont like that tb but seriously he hasnt proving anything just by saying so
Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by PastorOluT(m): 3:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
So much revelations as many things are being unravelled, yet we stiill have die hard fans who would never bulge.

All I know is that any mature sincere believer is not surprise as to the recent occurence in the christendom.

1 Like

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lol@ healing of dull brain.

1 Like

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Debeloved87(m): 3:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
unmhn...so pathetic

1) things fall apart and the middle can't be hold
2) the wind has blown and the fowls anus has been shown
3) the evil that men do lies with them
4) the cat has ran out of the bag
5) everyday for the thief one day/last day for the owner
6) the lies that travels for 20 years will one day be overtaken by the truth
7) nothing is uncovered before God.

.......I believe this titles can go with the OP's story.

1 Like

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Idrismusty97(m): 3:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
Here is Jacques Pauw in case you don't know him. A renowned investigative journalist. He is not that stuìpid to just wake up one morning and cook up a lie. For the brainwashed fanatics read more about him here before you rush to comment.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Pauw

1 Like

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by GogetterMD(m): 3:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hmmm! End shall never wonder. Breeze don blow we don see fowl cloaca
Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
Thank you Lucifer. May your light shine upon these agents of darkness and ignorance.

Ave Satanas.
Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Kyase(m): 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
brito: Lol@ healing of dull brain.
I tire ooooh
Buh it can be possible very possibly

1 Like

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Image123(m): 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
This one is late. Did he just realize or remember today that tb tried to bribe him?
Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Idrismusty97(m): 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
Image123: This one is late. Did he just realize or remember today that tb tried to bribe him?
I think he have raised alarmed before.
……Before I left the church, Joshua handed me, and the camera and sound people, thick envelopes full of hundred dollar notes. He wanted to be sure we’d produce a positive programme. We gave the envelopes back. A year or so after the programme aired – and generated a massive response from people who called us accusing Joshua of all sorts of misdeeds....…

2 Likes

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by nora544: 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
search withhis name on google.

He is a very good jounalist, there was a TV documentation in South africa,

I know he tell us the truth.

1 Like

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by nora544: 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
Image123: This one is late. Did he just realize or remember today that tb tried to bribe him?

It is good that he come out with this to show the real face of this man.

I know about the story in London that is a tru story sno fake.
Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Image123(m): 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
nora544:

It is good that he come out with this to show the real face of this man.

I know about the story in London that is a tru story sno fake.
You knew the story about the bribe or about the healing?
Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Image123(m): 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
Idrismusty97: I think he have raised alarmed before.

It seems the program aired was about the healing or no healing, not about the bribe. i however stand to be corrected.
Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by nora544: 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
Image123:
You knew the story about the bribe or about the healing?

I know the story about the healing, got is from a friend, because it shows that all was a lie.
Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kyase:
I tire ooooh
Buh it can be possible very possibly

If he heals those dull brains like YoungdaNaval, who will fight for him online blindly

1 Like

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by asalimpo(m): 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
May God help us. People shud pray for thier pastors and m.o.gs some have gone off long ago.

1 Like

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by PastorAIO: 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
Image123:

It seems the program aired was about the healing or no healing, not about the bribe. i however stand to be corrected.

The program, This thread, recent events, many things, are about and point to the fact that you pentecostal vermin are liars and thieves. Rotten to the core of your souls and there is no redemption in you, talk less about you been able to proselytise and offer redemption to others.

When I say 'you' I refer to Lying thieving Callous pentecostals, anyone who is not amongst them shouldn't worry, I'm not referring to them when I say 'you'.

2 Likes

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Kyase(m): 7:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
brito:

If he heals those dull brains like YoungdaNaval, who will fight for him online blindly

Lol. Easy easy
Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Image123(m): 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2014
PastorAIO:

The program, This thread, recent events, many things, are about and point to the fact that you pentecostal vermin are liars and thieves. Rotten to the core of your souls and there is no redemption in you, talk less about you been able to proselytise and offer redemption to others.

When I say 'you' I refer to Lying thieving Callous pentecostals, anyone who is not amongst them shouldn't worry, I'm not referring to them when I say 'you'.

Congratulations on gaining my attention, what do want to say?
Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by plaetton: 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
Image123:

Congratulations on gaining my attention, what do want to say?

He has already said it. Then of course, you and your ilk are the proverbial monkeys that see nothing and hear nothing when your moral pretences are exposed.

3 Likes

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by heykims(m): 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
WHISTLEBLOWER:
Jacques Pauw is one of
South Africa’s most decorated journalists
and television documentary filmmakers. He
was a founder member of the anti-
apartheid Afrikaans newspaper Vrye
Weekblad, where he exposed the existence
of police death squads. Thereafter he
worked for some of the country’s most
esteemed publications before becoming a
filmmaker. He has travelled throughout
Africa and has produced documentaries on
wars and conflicts in Rwanda, Burundi, the
Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia,
Eritrea, Sierra Leone, Algeria, Sudan and
Liberia. He has won awards in South Africa,
the United States, Africa and Europe,
including the CNN African Journalist of the
Year Award, the Award for Outstanding
International Investigative Reporting, the
Young African Leadership Award and the
Nat Nakasa award for bravery and integrity
in journalism. He is the author of four
books: three of non-fiction and one of
fiction. He is a journalist at Media24’s
investigative unit and lives in Cape Town.

1 Like

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by heykims(m): 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2014
Everyday for d thief, one day for d owner.
TB JOSHUA!!!! the D DAY had come!

1 Like

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Image123(m): 6:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
plaetton:

He has already said it. Then of course, you and your ilk are the proverbial monkeys that see nothing and hear nothing when your moral pretences are exposed.

i missed what he said to me, kindly reiterate. Also, speak plainly, save your proverbs for the gullible.
Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by plaetton: 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
Image123:

i missed what he said to me, kindly reiterate. Also, speak plainly, save your proverbs for the gullible.

The Gullible?

I can't stop laughing.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him by Image123(m): 11:29am On Sep 26, 2014
plaetton:

The Gullible?

I can't stop laughing.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You forgot to reiterate. The gullible do not know that they are, the devil has deceived you.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is God And What Is God? / Allah's Hell Is More Realistic Than Yahweh's Hell. / Real Life Story About A Muslim Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.