Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? (3410 Views)

How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Princecalm(m): 8:14am On Sep 25, 2014
malvisguy212: what is wrong with you? Dint you read in the bible that the death of christ is a prophecy? Isaiah say"he was taking to the slaughter,yet he open not his mouth" bible say .your knowledge of the bible is so weak.
you have not really answered my question,If yes why were they right by killing Jesus
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Eberex(m): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2014
Princecalm: you have not really answered my question,If yes why were they right by killing Jesus

Who else do you want to do the killing? you?
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Princecalm(m): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:
Direct him to read Isiah ch 53... He seems to be scared of the message there...
xo you are now saying there is no equality among men anylonger,u are just confused.
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by malvisguy212: 8:37am On Sep 25, 2014
Princecalm: you have not really answered my question,If yes why were they right by killing Jesus
when they say prophecy,what dos it mean?it mean to predict the future, and when it happen, we say the prophecy is being fullfiled, right? Ok,if you know your future and how you will die, will you not try to prevent it from happening?jesus himself know all this will happen, he know he will die in jerusalem yet he still go there. Now if you say it displease God that jesus died,that mean God fail to protect his son[Godforbid] his son died against the wishes of his father, is it not what you are trying to say? ON MANY OCCATION GOD ASK US TO TEACH AND PROTECT OUR CHILDREN, NOW ACCORDING TO YOU, IF GOD FAIL TO PROTECT JESUS FROM MEN, DOS THAT MEAN HE FAIL?

the bible is a sealed book to the learn and unlearn,until you study each word with a simple mind and the guidance of the holy spirit. What you are doing here is this.....you are trying to add your interpretation to God word.
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Eberex(m): 8:44am On Sep 25, 2014
malvisguy212: when they say prophecy,what dos it mean?it mean to predict the future, and when it happen, we say the prophecy is being fullfiled, right? Ok,if you know your future and how you will die, will you not try to prevent it from happening?jesus himself know all this will happen, he know he will die in jerusalem yet he still go there. Now if you say it displease God that jesus died,that mean God fail to protect his son[Godforbid] his son died against the wishes of his father, is it not what you are trying to say? ON MANY OCCATION GOD ASK US TO TEACH AND PROTECT OUR CHILDREN, NOW ACCORDING TO YOU, IF GOD FAIL TO PROTECT JESUS FROM MEN, DOS THAT MEAN HE FAIL?

the bible is a sealed book to the learn and unlearn,until you study each word with a simple mind and the guidance of the holy spirit. What you are doing here is this.....you are trying to add your interpretation to God word.

Don't mind the ignorant OP
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by malvisguy212: 8:53am On Sep 25, 2014
Eberex:

Don't mind the ignorant OP
i think he is a muslim disguise as christian because no christian will say this kind of thing.

2nd corinthians15:17.King James Bible. And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 25, 2014
Princecalm: Then it should be a shame to you that you have not performed an inch of what Jesus did on Earth.who else can testify that your mother is a virgin,no body,but evrerybody can can testify that Jesus mother was a virgin.
What a retard. What's the proof that Mary was a virgin, not just some hopeless LovePeddler who was engaged to a dullard of a man?
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Lordfranklin(m): 9:19am On Sep 25, 2014
Eberex:

so you mean God offered sacrifice with a human,how is that possible;
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Lordfranklin(m): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2014
Eberex:

what about all those prophets that were being killed,what did they die for?
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Lordfranklin(m): 9:42am On Sep 25, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
What a retard. What's the proof that Mary was a virgin, not just some hopeless LovePeddler who was engaged to a dullard of a man?
you even proved it urself when you said Jesus was not gotten from semen av u forgotten?
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 25, 2014
Lordfranklin: you even proved it urself when you said Jesus was not gotten from semen av u forgotten?
Another slowpoke. Educate yourself on the difference between a question and a statement.
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Eberex(m): 9:51am On Sep 25, 2014
Lordfranklin: what about all those prophets that were being killed,what did they die for?

How old are you; please i want to know.
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Lordfranklin(m): 9:58am On Sep 25, 2014
Eberex:

How old are you; please i want to know.
why did ask
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Lordfranklin(m): 10:04am On Sep 25, 2014
Even looking at the Bible from a general perspective,thee Bible was originally written in Greek before translated to English and mistakes and mistranslation were surely bound to happen
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Lordfranklin(m): 10:13am On Sep 25, 2014
Am still princecalm,just using my friend's accnt
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Eberex(m): 11:05am On Sep 25, 2014
Lordfranklin: why did ask

Cos that would answer lots of questions for me.
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by malvisguy212: 11:06am On Sep 25, 2014
Lordfranklin: so you mean God offered sacrifice with a human,how is that possible;
"the wages of sin is death, but The FREE GIFT of God is enternal through christ our lord"

to know who jesus realy is read .....
Colossian1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or
authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn
from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the
supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his
blood, shed on the cross. 21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[g] your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight,
without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in
the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been
proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have
become a servant.
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by oghalesluv(m): 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
Princecalm: so what will happen to our fore-fathers then since christ did not meet them,will they all go to hell?answer me.
Which of the fore-fathers you are talking about? Those that were alive before Jesus came? did not some not went to haeven? If some went to heaven, what makes them went to heaven will equally make your fore-fathers go to heaven if they work by the same principle. Before Jesus came God was speaking to men and when Jesus came, God through Jesus speak to men now Jesus is interseeding for us in heaven, so God through the Holy Spirit is ministring to men today. So from the days of your fore-fathers till now men has no excuse to give for not making heaven. God bless you.
Remember Jesus Loves You.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by MightySparrow: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
The scriptures said He did. I believe without asking why? Now, I don't. carry guilt of sin around anymore.
Hallelujah.
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Iyineda(m): 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Ah, he was a miracle bastard.

Hahahahahahahahahaaha
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Princecalm(m): 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
oghalesluv:
Which of the fore-fathers you are talking about? Those that were alive before Jesus came? did not some not went to haeven? If some went to heaven, what makes them went to heaven will equally make your fore-fathers go to heaven if they work by the same principle. Before Jesus came God was speaking to men and when Jesus came, God through Jesus speak to men now Jesus is interseeding for us in heaven, so God through the Holy Spirit is ministring to men today. So from the days of your fore-fathers till now men has no excuse to give for not making heaven. God bless you.
Remember Jesus Loves You.
you don't even understand yourself,so you mean God was speaking to them directly or how
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Princecalm(m): 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
malvisguy212: "the wages of sin is death, but The FREE GIFT of God is enternal through christ our lord"

to know who jesus realy is read .....
Colossian1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or
authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn
from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the
supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his
blood, shed on the cross. 21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[g] your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight,
without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in
the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been
proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have
become a servant.
you are just dodging the question,if God really sent his son to die for another people sins as you claim then it means that is human sacrifice.
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by oyewolestephen(m): 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
I can't just imagine the concept of JESUS DIE FOR OUR SIN, it is generally accepted that Jesus came from heaven to earth and when he died he returned back to where he came from (heaven) I believe God didn't loose anything, had if been he returned back to hell fire suffering there, the story would have been logical but the same Bible said God loose is only begotten son whereas according to is alleged omnipotent being he /she can easily forgive without taking any life. I am just confused I don't know who is fooling who.
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by malvisguy212: 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
oyewolestephen: I can't just imagine the concept of JESUS DIE FOR OUR SIN, it is generally accepted that Jesus came from heaven to earth and when he died he returned back to where he came from (heaven) I believe God didn't loose anything, had if been he returned back to hell fire suffering there, the story would have been logical but the same Bible said God loose is only begotten son whereas according to is alleged omnipotent being he /she can easily forgive without taking any life. I am just confused I don't know who is fooling who.
God loose his only son? Who told you this? Were did you learn that?

John 3:16New International Version (NIV) 16 For God so loved the world that he GAVE his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans6:23. New International Version For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ
Jesus our Lord. So my friend God give jesus to the world not loose.
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by oghalesluv(m): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
Princecalm: you don't even understand yourself,so you mean God was speaking to them directly or how
He spoke to men through His prophet. If that is what you want to hear. Remember if God speek to men through His profect is He not still the one speeking?
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Princecalm(m): 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
oghalesluv:
He spoke to men through His prophet. If that is what you want to hear. Remember if God speek to men through His profect is He not still the one speeking?
my question is,those prophets that were killed why did you not also claim that they died for your sins?
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Another slowpoke. Educate yourself on the difference between a question and a statement.
dude haven't u get your dad reply or u just wish to cry over it
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
killed or not, deliberately or not, responsible or not, right or wrong, what else can I say..... the truth is that God prove his wisdom above man and foolish he left the wisdom of Lucifer. All being came by Christ and through Adam came men, Adam died and the curse upon his sin(death) remains on the flesh and by inheritance of his achievement to God's own wisdom all men die as Adam. Christ came to die a just death whether anyone was resented or not it was his fate and had been anticipated... being just and suffered to death hell could not restrain his spirit. he was the Lord whom God put his faith on that he should not allow his own substance (flesh) to see corruption.. and hope he would sit on his right hand... meaning his sitting at God's right hand most come with his resurrection from the dead otherwise his substance would perished in dust and the soul lost to the reaper....now that he resurrected, he has not only but has broken the yolk of of the curse from Adam. meaning Adam(man) by Him, ended in death through the fall of Adam, but Him(Christ,man) by Adam, ended in life everlasting through the justification witness by the law. just as the Bible says: He learnt obedience and suffered to death. now seeing that in Christ by whom came Adam, Adam is alive so therefore men are as well as Christ is. the death of Christ unbound the curse on the sin of Adam by the cleaning effect of his blood as a sometime pattern for washing away sin or for remission in the literal sense. but this have no remit for whatever u sow now.....all u have to know is that all men shall rise from the dead and Ur deeds u refused to repent of shall be used to judge u.see 1Cor8:6,15:22, psalm110:1-7 and psalm16:2-10,(all souls and fleshes are from one soul and flesh which is from God)
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by oghalesluv(m): 9:52am On Sep 27, 2014
Princecalm: my question is,those prophets that were killed why did you not also claim that they died for your sins?
Now listen to yourself and the question you are asking me, why do i not claim that those prophet that were dead, died for our sins. Why will they die for our sins? Because they were killed do not make them die for our sins ok. After the fall of man, man fall short of the glory of God (Romans.3:23). Inother for man to regain that lost glory, He (God) promise to send a Messiah who will die so as for us to regain that lost glory. And remember that those prophect qre not the promised Messiah. God promise to send the Messiah long long ago. It can be seen in Genesis.3:13-15. All those prophet were just messengers to prepare Christ coming. If the died cause of being a prophect that does not mean that they die to take away sins of some body. Read Isaiah.7:1, there we can see that He (Christ) will come and die for the sins of the world, also in Isaiah.53:1-12 we can also why He (Christ) will suffer and His reasons for suffering. Now see the manifestation of the prophecies in Matthew.1:21 it reads"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shall call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins"(KJV). Remember that the Bible says in John.1:12 and it reads "For as many as received Him, to them gave He the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name".(KJV). If truly you have receive Him and believe on His name you would'nt have been asking this question. So my kindid advice to you is that just accept Him because He is willing to make you His child. Remember Jesus loves you dearly. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Amujale(m): 12:54am On Feb 10, 2019
Ones school-of-thought is determined by ones geographical inheritance, there is NO short cut. Its either we face the truth NOW or forever keep our peace.

For days, months and years we have invested all our spirituality into false HOPES and ASPIRATIONS. When common sense dictates that the only TRUE aspiration is one that which can actually be achieved in its entirety.

There is so much to learn about ourselves and surroundings yet we are being taught NOT to think; what kind of psychology beats continuity.

We dont need to be saved by anyone or anything because God has already given that to us countless times and i dont see that stopping anytime soon.

We dont need to repent because We are NOT a guilty people.

We are NOT waiting for a white or tanned man to come an eliviate US from suffering because thats just NONSENSICAL if a white or tanned man was going to descend from the skies to eliviate anyone, the first people on the list would be those that look like HIM. Its not discrimination, its common sense.

We dont need to face anywhere during petition but our immediate solvable problems.

We dont need salvation because we are born saved.

All the ethics and moral philosophy we need to navigate the planet Earth is already present in our OWN psychology.

Our ancestors, heroes and saviours deserve nothing more than the best reception.

What is the point in living for somebody elses GOAL.

There is so much work to be done, and yet little effort awarded to a course.

Let us invoke the spirit of OUR ancestors, in everything that we partake, We need to operate as if our world has been stolen and we AIM to re-take it.

We have to snap out of this daze that we are in, it is us; we are the LIGHT of OUR world nobody else.
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Amujale(m): 12:56am On Feb 10, 2019
After correcting the plagiarization from the bible's account of Jesus, there would be not much left of the stories other than an account of:

An itinerate preacher who had an uneventful birth, who, at the age of about 35 gathered a small group of followers and toured a place called Galilee; spread a type of philosophy no different to that of Hillel the Elder; was convicted of aggravated assault in one of the temples, and was routinely executed for treason by the occupying Roman army.

THE END
Re: Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Amujale(m): 1:09am On Feb 10, 2019
Romans created the Roman Catholic church to keep their peasants paying taxes -

Muhammedians created the Islamic movement to appease the Arabs from the philosophical domination from Rome.

Later, these same manufactured religions were to be used as a WEAPON of choice in an attempt to secure the abandonment traditional lives and customs all around the world (whilst saving their own customs and traditions); and sometimes it was a secondary WEAPON been used behind the barrel of a gun.

Destroying people's original philosophies and trying to replace it with fiction; also known as "Brainwashing".

These are the deceptive tactics that would involve imitation of the religious ideas and philosophies of their targeted audience coupled with inept persecution by ways of a sick medieval game known as “winning souls”.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ignominious Christ Embassy Church, Shameless Oyakhilome / C.C.T: God Is Not Wicked! / If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.