Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate (2139 Views)

Senate Presidency: 59 APC Senators To Select Sole Candidate / "Jega Needs All The Help He Can Get" - APC Says In Hilarious Picture / PDP NEC Picks Jonathan As Sole Presidential Candidate For 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
APC says Nigeria will pay heavily for Jonathan’s endorsement as sole candidateBy Sylvester Ugwuanyi on September 24, 2014
The All Progressives’ Congress, APC, has described as mockery of democracy, the endorsement of President Goodluck Jonathan as the sole candidate of the PDP for the next year’s presidential election, to the exclusion of all other candidates. It strongly argued that the said endorsement was a deal signed by the governors.

The party, in a statement issued in Lagos on Wednesday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, alleged that the endorsement was to the detriment of Nigerians, considering the obvious deals that were struck to make President Jonathan the sole PDP candidate.

According to the statement, the parody of democracy that the endorsement represents has exposed the shameless hypocrisy of the PDP, which is ever so eager to accuse other parties of lacking in internal democracy.

Part of the statement reads, “Obviously, those fellows in the PDP have never heard of the saying that those who must come to equity must come with clean hands. PDP, where is your own internal democracy now that you have turned your party into a fiefdom controlled by one and only one person only?

“While endorsements are part and parcel of democracy, they are never done to the exclusion of other candidates. This is simply not democratic. When then candidate Barrack Obama was endorsed by his party’s bigwigs to contest the US Presidency, the party never excluded Hillary Clinton from its primaries. That’s how it is done.”

APC alleged that the price being paid for Jonathan’s endorsement by Nigeria is simply too heavy, considering that the PDP Governors who spearheaded the endorsement have now secured perpetual immunity from prosecution by anti-graft bodies, including the EFCC and the ICPC; the automatic tickets for all first-term PDP Governors, whether or not they have performed, the automatic tickets for all PDP Governors running for the Senate, as well as the free ride back to the Upper Chamber for Senate President David Mark.

In the words of the party, “It is now an Open Sesame for the PDP Governors, who have no prying anti-corruption agencies watching over their shoulders. They can now simply see the commonwealth as an extension of their deep pockets. The endorsement is also a vote of approval for the proceeds of corruption that have been powering the noisy and outrageous Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria.”

It strongly accused President Jonathan of desecrating Nigeria’s democracy as a result of his desperation for re-election, adding that, “it is a cruel irony that a man who has benefited, more than anyone else, from this democracy has been the one who has been doing everything possible to undermine it.”

The main opposition party alleged that President Jonathan has also abandoned domestic issues while seeking international relevance, in a clear negation of the aphorism that charity begins at home.

“This President has basically abandoned governance. Unprecedented corruption is mounting, insecurity stalks the land and Nigerians grope in darkness as power generation has plummeted. This President has yet to tell Nigerians the full involvement of his government in the 9.3 million dollars that was illegally ferried to South Africa on a private jet. This President has yet to tell Nigerians why he has continued to hobnob with an alleged sponsor of Boko Haram, who is supposed to be under a probe by his Administration. Yet, he is eager to attend meetings with serious-minded leaders who have done well for their own people.

APC, in the statement, advised President Jonathan that it is only when you have achieved success domestically that you can parade yourself internationally, asserting that, “you cannot look good abroad if you look ugly at home.”
http://dailypost.ng/2014/09/24/apc-says-nigeria-will-pay-heavily-jonathans-endorsement-sole-candidate/

3 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by omenka(m): 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
Yes, and I agree. What's the problem here
Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by hod898(m): 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
This spokesman must be a high school leaver who didn't pay attention to details. In his over hyped APC there have been series of presidential candidature mishaps in which his allies in the likes of Atiku and co had fall outs because of disunity and the very lack of harmony. So far, we didn't hear of any PDP member who argued that he wanted to contest for presidential primaries. Instead of presenting candidates who had selfish ambitions, members of the party decided to endorse a sole candidate who would represent them for the good of the party and Nigeria at large. That's maturity mixed with strategy.
Knowing that President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan with his accomplishments will give his party a big blow during the presidential elections, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has decided to vomit thrash that has no base to stand on.
Regardless of his sentiments, Goodluck Jonathan was endorsed with harmony and party diplomacy as opposed to endorsement through hanky-panky, PERIOD.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by desgiezd(m): 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
Isnt this obvious? Where you have:

1. all 1st term governors being given the Party's ticket without going through primaries
2. All PDP governors being shielded from EFCC investigation and prosecution if found to have embezzled money
3. All members of the national assembly being allowed to present themselves for another term without primaries
and more

4 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by talktimi(m): 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lienus Mohammed should concentrate on his APCankerworms abi wetin concern am ni

8 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
APC pple are so pained ...chaii!! We no wan vote Apc,no be by force naa...Shuoo

6 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by horpe132(m): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lobatan !!!

::: My helmet ----- CHECK
::: My bullet Proof Vest ------ CHECK
::: My Rifle / bullets -------- CHECK
::: My Village -------- CHECK

::: Okay lets relax.........all is well

1 Like

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by EMANY01(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
Please someone should tell me if the Democratic party of the United States conducted a primary election before presenting Obama for re-election three years ago or for that matter if the Republican party conducted a primary election before presenting Bush Junior (as unpopular as he was alleged to be at the time) for reelection against the seemingly preferable John Kerry.
Looking closer at the home front, how many parties from the PDP to the AD,APP ,ANPP to the recent AC/ACN have had primaries to determine whether an individual would be up for reelection WHEN THERE WERE NO OTHER INDIVIDUALS WITHIN THE PARTY DECLARING INTEREST IN RUNNING FOR THAT POSITION.Mind you I did not prequalify by saying Credible Individuals.
How many people have come out publicly within the PDP to say they want to run for president?
Primaries don't happen for the hell of it.I will condemn the PDP if there were a crowd (two is a crowd) of aspirants and the party unilaterally declared one individual (incumbent or not) the flag bearer without an election.
How many people have [size=13pt]Publicly Declared [/size] their presidential ambition in the PDP note that I did not ask how many people have presidential ambitions in the PDP.?
This trend of the APC spinning facts and circumstances to suit their narrative has got to stop it turns away rational independents from them and for an electoral population of around Seventy Million,that is a lot of independents.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by talktimi(m): 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
EMANY01: Please someone should tell me if the Democratic party of the United States conducted a primary election before presenting Obama for re-election three years ago or for that matter if the Republican party conducted a primary election before presenting Bush Junior (as unpopular as he was alleged to be at the time) for reelection against the seemingly preferable John Kerry.
Looking closer at the home front, how many parties from the PDP to the AD,APP ,ANPP to the recent AC/ACN have had primaries to determine whether an individual would be up for reelection WHEN THERE WERE NO OTHER INDIVIDUALS WITHIN THE PARTY DECLARING INTEREST IN RUNNING FOR THAT POSITION.Mind you I did not prequalify by saying Credible Individuals.
How many people have come out publicly within the PDP to say they want to run for president?
Primaries don't happen for the hell of it.I will condemn the PDP if there were a crowd (two is a crowd) of aspirants and the party unilaterally declared one individual (incumbent or not) the flag bearer without an election.
How many people have public declared their presidential ambition in the PDP note that I did not ask how many people have presidential ambitions in the PDP.?
This trend of the APC spinning facts and circumstances to suit their narrative has got to stop it turns away rational independents from them and for an electoral population of around Seventy Million,that is a lot of independents.
why are you trying to call Lie Mohammed a Liar ? He wanted to hoodwink us with Obama's first tenure presidential primaries and you came here to blow the cover. Na WA for you o angry

5 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by EMANY01(m): 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
talktimi: why ate you trying to call Lie Mohammed a Liar ? He wanted to hoodwink us with Obama's first tenure presidential primaries and you came here to blow the cover. Na WA for you o angry

My lips are sealed sad sad sad .
I may be PDP supporter (no point denying that) but lets play it clean.Try not to name drop and bait.
Political discussions without insults is possible if we just try a little bit harder.

1 Like

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by EMANY01(m): 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
horpe132: Lobatan !!!

::: My helmet ----- CHECK
::: My bullet Proof Vest ------ CHECK
::: My Rifle / bullets -------- CHECK
::: My Village -------- CHECK

::: Okay lets relax.........all is well

Is that a checklist for the e-war you hope will start in this thread?
I see you.Take your time oohh.

2 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by talktimi(m): 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
EMANY01:

My lips are sealed sad sad sad .
I may be PDP supporter (no point denying that) but lets play it clean.Try not to name drop and bait.
Political discussions without insults is possible if we just try a little bit harder.
I'm neither name dropping nor baiting but rather stating the facts. Lie Mohammed gave smart by half examples of presidential primaries in the U.S involving Obama, why didn't he go the whole hog ? If I say Lai Mohammed is a liar then I'm obviously speaking the truth here rather than insulting him.

2 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by Amanwulu1(m): 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
hod898: This spokesman must be a high school leaver who didn't pay attention to details. In his over hyped APC there have been series of presidential candidature mishaps in which his allies in the likes of Atiku and co had fall outs because of disunity and the very lack of harmony. So far, we didn't hear of any PDP member who argued that he wanted to contest for presidential primaries. Instead of presenting candidates who had selfish ambitions, members of the party decided to endorse a sole candidate who would represent them for the good of the party and Nigeria at large. That's maturity mixed with strategy.
Knowing that President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan with his accomplishments will give his party a big blow during the presidential elections, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has decided to vomit thrash that has no base to stand on.
Regardless of his sentiments, Goodluck Jonathan was endorsed with harmony and party diplomacy as opposed to endorsement through hanky-panky, PERIOD.
what I understand is dat apc as a party has since conceded d presidency come 2015 to gej. Otherwise what concern mr Lai wit what happens in pdp?

9 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by chimerase2: 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
Chai dis lienus can be so shamless
Wetin concern am nah
If like let him cry his eye balls out noting concern apkajiyomi goodluck grin
But frankly speaking dis lia mohammed de vex me gon e remain small mak I call am idi.ot undecided
Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by Djicemob: 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
Amanwulu1: what I understand is dat apc as a party has since conceded d presidency come 2015 to gej. Otherwise what concern mr Lai wit what happens in pdp?
This is the case

3 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by gregg2: 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
The janjaweeeds are so pained.
Liar Muhammed is free to embrace a nak.ed high tension wire

6 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by mackween: 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
However a political party decides to nominate her candidates is their internal affair. So long as all relevant stakeholders have agreed then its ok. Since the PDP endorsement of GEJ, there has been no dissenting voice within the stakeholders and or party faithfuls so no qualms wink

3 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by shigoslim(m): 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
GEJ be like DROGBA cheesy all time score against Arsenal wink

lie Muhammad be like DROGBA is a bad market for APC smiley

2015 election will be like

Arsenal APC vs Chealse PDP= DROGBA of PDP oga GEJ hartrick tongue

2 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by tomakint: 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
Dem don start their bloody threats again.......like say dem fit win before. APShit my foot undecided

4 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by idumuose(m): 7:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
APC,leave PDP alone.Haba!PDP governors in their wisdom have endorsed Jonathan as their sole presidential candidate.

Go and endorse Buhari as your sole presidential candidate and let's see if your party won't crash.

Atiku,kwankwaso are waiting in the wings and they will act as spoilers for Buharigringrin grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
How is the endorsement APC's business?

1 Like

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by lilprinze: 7:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
APC makes to much noise. Empty drums always makes the loudest noise instead of the fools to sit down and think of how they can win 2015 presidential election although I know they won't even win sef .
GEJ till 2019.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by Descartes: 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
idumuose: APC,leave PDP alone.Haba!PDP governors in their wisdom have endorsed Jonathan as their sole presidential candidate.

Go and endorse Buhari as your sole presidential candidate and let's see if your party won't crash.

Atiku,kwankwaso are waiting in the wings and they will act as spoilers for Buharigringrin grin
In that party's(APC) ship there are many captains(navigators) there. They should know that too many cooks spoil the broth.

1 Like

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by searay(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
Na me get house. Na me decide what to cook. How e take concern my neighbor?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by ModusOperandi(f): 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
They don't understand the concept of Loyalty

1 Like

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by GODDYGEE91(m): 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
APC oooooo APC oooooo, hmmmm u r speaking 4 ursef oooo not Nigerians ooooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by InAfconSquad: 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
hod898: This spokesman must be a high school leaver who didn't pay attention to details. In his over hyped APC there have been series of presidential candidature mishaps in which his allies in the likes of Atiku and co had fall outs because of disunity and the very lack of harmony. So far, we didn't hear of any PDP member who argued that he wanted to contest for presidential primaries. Instead of presenting candidates who had selfish ambitions, members of the party decided to endorse a sole candidate who would represent them for the good of the party and Nigeria at large. That's maturity mixed with strategy.
10000000000 likes.. grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by meforyou1(m): 9:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
Is liar mohd conceding defeat already? If not wetin concern the man with PDP internal arrangement for hell sake
Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by Plus10(m): 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
Apc what a party...always watching out for pdp move!
Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by Deiok(m): 10:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
meforyou1: Is liar mohd conceding defeat already? If not wetin concern the man with PDP internal arrangement for hell sake
Like the pdp's did not also interfare into the internal issues of apc before now.
Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by nairalife2013(m): 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
No pay can ever be higher dan d price we are paying for d emergence of APC as a party with a bunch of real crude literally lefties, incurably bent on pulling demsefs and evry1 else down!

1 Like

Re: APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate by JEITO: 12:15am On Sep 25, 2014
Which one APC det threaten us like say DEM BE TERRORISTs nashocked angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo State PDP Governorship Candi, Chief Olusola, Jimoh Ib Defect To APC Confd. / The 3 People That Killed Jonathan During The Last Few Months Of Election / Jega Rates 2015 Polls Better Than 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.