Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash (30724 Views)

7 Types Of People You Meet On An Airplane / Dana Airplane Crash With 152 People / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
Once the plane is about crashing,wake up from your dream.
Survive plane crash,you think sey na cartoon abi?

1 Like

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by saintneo(m): 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
Extom: The only way to survive plane crash; Don't Board!!!

Story!

How about the plane crash in Lagos that killed people sleeping in their house?

How about the 9/11 crash on Twin-Tower in New York, guess the occupants of the building boarded the plane as well?

Lol!
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Livinusc(m): 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
Stelvin101:

So if US govt decides to offer you a job and need you to be there b4 5 day's time how do you go over there??
I will not accept the job period.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Mention(m): 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
Life vest in a Nigerian Flight?? Nah it doesn't work that way yet..
Moreover, when you get an alert from the chief hostess that ya plane is about to crash and ya mind is in distress, would you remember all these points?? NOPE..
Prevention z still better than cure..
I would rather board an aircraft belonging to a trusted Airline Operator like ARIK, FLY EMIRATE, AIR FRANCE and others..
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
Baddo101: tips for surviving a plane crash. Get an african insurance. aka kanako,ofe,gbekude,.....lol..
You Forgot To Include Ekiri. Lol
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by nairaman66(m): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
You can take all those precautions and wind up in smokes!!

Anyway, good article. Nice write up!
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Mettal: 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
What of jumping down and landing safely in the middle of atlantic ocean.Ooops!!
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by ifihearam: 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
The only advisable tip to survive aircraft is not being on board when the plane crashes.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
This tip is only for ocean based crash, it can't work for land based crash. I fink what should be done is for these airlines to invest in the provision of parachutes for each seat in a plane in case of emergencies. It would save lives.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
Mettal: What of jumping down and landing safely in the middle of atlantic ocean.Ooops!!
Dat is very dangerous because jumping into the ocean from thousands of feet is equivalent to jumping unto a hard concrete floor.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Jellyfishdude: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
Extom:
Ask those "pilots" in the village!!! grin grin grin

sometimes those actors crashland when fuel finish lol
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by blakky97(m): 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
Even while you are in your toilet pupu-ing, sosoliso airline can drop on your head
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by matoyeh(m): 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
That one mean say All the people wey dey die for plane crash no get all these knowledge and materials.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by matoyeh(m): 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
Mention: Life vest in a Nigerian Flight?? Nah it doesn't work that way yet..
Moreover, when you get an alert from the chief hostess that ya plane is about to crash and ya mind is in distress, would you remember all these points?? NOPE..
I would rather board an aircraft belonging to a trusted Airline Operator like ARIK, FLY EMIRATE, AIR FRANCE and others..
shocked see advert ooo
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by blakky97(m): 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
When meat don scarce for bush, lions and tigers have agreed to do joint hunting and sharing, may your parachute not land at the venue of their meeting ooh!
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
No tips,death is the tips.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Homguy(m): 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
Extom:
Ask those "pilots" in the village!!! grin grin grin
lmao
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Homguy(m): 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
prettyboi1989:
Dat is very dangerous because jumping into the ocean from thousands of feet is equivalent to jumping unto a hard concrete floor.
learned thinking! Thumbs up.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
Stelvin101: Came across this Article while checking my email and I believe it will be very useful to those of us who travel by air almost all the time wink

LONDON (AP) — Each day, 8.3 million people around the globe step aboard some 93,500 flights. They almost always land safely.

But in the rare chance of a crash, there are some things passengers can do to improve their odds of surviving. British Airways offers frequent fliers a half-day safety awareness
course. Among the tips offered there:

— During the safety demonstration, count the number of rows to the nearest exit. Then count the number of rows to the second nearest exit, remembering that it might be behind you.

— Next, practice putting on and taking off your seatbelt to build muscle memory. Check where your life vest is and touch it.

— Learn the proper brace position: Bend forward as far as possible, keep your head down. Place your feet flat on the floor and slide them back. Your dominant hand goes on the back of your head. Protect that hand by placing the other hand over it. Do not interlock fingers. The goal is to ensure that the bones in the stronger hand aren't broken so you can eventually unbuckle the seatbelt.

—Red lights always signal an exit because the color cuts through smoke the best.

— Once an evacuation order is given, seconds count. Move quickly to the nearest exit and jump down a slide. If you hesitate, the flight attendants will push you out.

— Always inflate life vests outside the plane. They can limit mobility in a tight space. Or, if water fills the cabin, passengers with inflated vests can be pressed up against the ceiling, unable to swim down to the door.

https://uk.m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/frontpage/news/tips-surviving-airplane-crash-144941161.html?.b=%2Findex&.intl=GB&.lang=en-gb
when some people don already use my Jesus blood flood the cabin.

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Extom(m): 8:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
hensben: so u be witch shocked..see broad daylight confession.
Hehehe I am the Wizard of Oz. tongue
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by IYANGBALI: 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
that is why I prefer camel

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by thaw(m): 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
and hu has ds wrked for?!! if u lik, curl up pass unborn baby. if u go die, u go die.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by dein77(m): 9:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
manny4life: Good tips, but during a crash, everyone is in such a panic that they forget all these tips. My prayer is that for as long as I live or you live, you will NEVER witness plane crash. Amen..

Amen. But if planes conveying dead bodies dey crash.....
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Extom(m): 9:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
IYANGBALI: that is why I prefer camel
Hahahahahahahahahahahah
This one own worst pass my own oooo grin cheesy grin
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Lexusgs430: 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2014
What about if the Russians decide to shoot it down, how do you survive that ?
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Mention(m): 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
matoyeh: shocked see advert ooo
When did an humble opinion become an advert?
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by 2n2k(m): 9:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
@OP. The scenario you described is where a plane crash-landed not a situation of plane crash.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by LajaLaba: 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
TOPCRUISE: you might even land in a zoo or in the midst of boko haram
Hahahaha bobo yii grin Between zoo and boko haram which one will u prefer?
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
sunsky29: i fear to enta plane o.jst imagin d kain comotion wey go dey insyd plane wen d tin wan crash...nobody go remember any tip...na their gods name dm go remember.....plane crash is worstest than car crash....truth b tld,people in a plane are never at rest til da plane lands.

Interestingly, I'm usually more at rest on air than on road journey. In fact, I don't sleep in car when traveling, but I sleep in a 45-minute flight.

I still consider air travel the safest.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
Mention: Life vest in a Nigerian Flight?? Nah it doesn't work that way yet..

There is no airline operator as "Fly Emirate" sir.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Mention(m): 10:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
Jarus:

There is no airline operator as "Fly Emirate" sir.
I know... Its just "Emirates" ryt?? Well I got used to "Fly Emirates" because of soccer!!
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Mention(m): 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
Lexusgs430: What about if the Russians decide to shoot it down, how do you survive that ?
You remain in brace position... LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Terrible Car Accident Around National Theatre, Lagos (photos) / 11 Mistakes To Avoid When Boarding A Taxicab / Man Thanks God As He Emerges Unhurt From Ghastly Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.