Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:30 AM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (230500 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
This is a story written in series and would be updated once in a week. SATURDAYS to be precise.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without the prior written approval of the writer or the moderators of this section.
©Durodola Olawale 2014.
This is a story of a family who missed their ways, took dangerous decisions which in turn affected their children and the family ties. The members of their extended families deserted them. Sit back, relax and see how things started for them.
THE THOMAS is a story not to be missed.
The full story is available in pdf format. Send a message to 08166920449 and you'll get the book before the end of today.

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
The prologue coming up later in the evening. Do stay tuned.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Eniqurl(f): 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hehehe....Ah was here
#Followinq, i kn u wil never disappoint me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Aisha800(f): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
Following
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Tannie(f): 6:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
I'm here
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
Who say I want to miss this?
The person must
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Babetolux(f): 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
Following
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
following
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
Don grab ma sit for front #folowin bro

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
PROLOGUE
It was the annual thanksgiving ceremony in the Thomas family. This has been the tradition for over a decade now for the Thomas to celebrate a reunion every once in a year. A day was always set aside, always a Saturday in the month of July to celebrate this annual event. Every
member of the Thomas family made it a point of duty to be present year in year out and Oluwole Thomas has been hosting the event for the past five years, since he hit the mega money contract with the federal government which skyrocketted his status in the family. His mansion which was located in the surburb area of Ibadan at the Agodi gate GRA oyo state. Members of the extended families including aunties and uncles
were present at the occassion.
"Oluwole. Where is your wife? I have not seen her since we arrived here about one hour ago." Patrick Thomas, Oluwole's elder brother said.
"I have not seen her all night too. Nate, go and call your mum."
Oluwole replied as he beckoned on his second son of his three children, two boys, Davies and Nathaniel and the girl, Serena, the baby of the family.
Nathaniel went in search of their mother and returned after one
minute.
"Dad, mum is not in her room." Nate informed his father who was
chatting with his siblings, his elder brother and sister, Patrick and
Jane and his younger brother, Collins.
"You can go." Collins said.
Nathaniel went back to where he was previously seated chatting with one of his cousins, Fedrick, Collins' first son.
Oluwole excused himself from the gathering and went in search of his wife, Anita. He had one place in mind since she was not in her room, the garden.
Oluwole walked into the garden and saw his beautiful wife under a
tached canopy chatting away on her laptop, a bottle of wine stood on the table as well as a glass cup which was half filled.
"Anita. What are you doing here?" He asked immediately he sat down on one of the chairs.
"Am chatting with an old friend. Doris, you know her don't you? The chapel prefect when we were in school. She now lived in the state with her family." Anita replied excitedly.
"Since you saw her on facebook last week, you are always chatting
with her. Doing what? Catching up on old times you'll say. Thereby
neglecting your duties. My family members are in there, you refused to welcome them."
"What duties Oluwole? The cooks are there to prepare whatever food you family wants to eat and which welcome again? Its not like I invited them here." She replied.
"But this has been the tradition for many years now." Oluwole replied.
"Traditions can die anytime and moreso I can't join you in placing your own family members on high when I have mine too and they are equally important too." She replied.
"So you are not joining us in there right?" He asked.
"Exactly. And as you can see. I am busy now." She replied.
Oluwole walked away angrily. All his life he has never been embarrassed that much even when he was poor.
This was the begining of the problem in the family. The children fell apart, some in support of their father and the others on their mother's side.
Sit back and relax as I take you through this wonderful series. To be updated on Saturdays.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by renzyl(f): 10:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
Following
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Eniqurl(f): 10:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Dz stori wil mke sense die.
#followinq
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by ThaRuthlxx7: 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
damn her... Orientation may change anytime but tradition remains tradition. If its in my land ''IGBO'' she wuld pay severly for not acknowledging d elders... Anyway sha boss i dy foloow u

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 5:48am On Sep 25, 2014
Bleep u "Anita" u neglected d tradition because of "facebook" she has a cool husband datx why
#mehn d9ty7 dis story go swit die ah don c am
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by chievo: 8:05am On Sep 25, 2014
Which kin?wen he neglects his wife's family,wat do u expect?

Some men thinks only of theirself and immediate family alone

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 25, 2014
D9ty7 , update as soon a u can.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:00am On Sep 25, 2014
Update is only on Saturdays.
Arva: D9ty7 , update as soon a u can.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 25, 2014
D9ty7: Update is only on Saturdays.
So u expect me to wait til saturday ..lol. Ok o.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:07am On Sep 25, 2014
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without the prior written approval of the writer or the moderators of this section.
©Durodola Olawale 2014.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:08am On Sep 25, 2014
You'l wait na ni. And am sure the wait will be worth it.
Arva:
So u expect me to wait til saturday ..lol. Ok o.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by AmJane(f): 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
Following this one bumper to bumper. Please OP try to keep to your words and make each update lengthy since it is once in a week. Thanks.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Aipete2(f): 8:15am On Sep 26, 2014
God is in control sha
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 7:23am On Sep 27, 2014
CHAPTER 1
POST HIDDEN

5 Likes

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 7:36am On Sep 27, 2014
1st to comment afta dis 1daful update...
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Eniqurl(f): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
Wahz rong wit dz Anita sef ?? pheeew.
#Followinq

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Mention(m): 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
Present sir... But the weekly update z weird
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by christybabe(f): 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
Following too.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Hameenat94(f): 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
Im here# let c hw d drama unfolds btw d family
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2014
For some reasons, there won't be update this saturday. So I have decided to drop it now.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:17am On Oct 02, 2014
POST HIDDEN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 11:27am On Oct 02, 2014
Cum oo wetn dy wory dix anita sef ...ryt frm d begining of dix story i knw dix woman na sumtn else abi she want sumtin nd dat is"beating" bcox datx d language sum women undastand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (75) (Reply)

Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.