Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? (5543 Views)

Sleeping With Your Wife Or Husband Is Like Sleeping With Your Sister Or Brother / I'm Dating My Friend's Sister But He Doesn't Know. / Dating your Sister or Brother's Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by naijaboiy: 7:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
This has been boggling my mind for quite sometime now.

I was discussing with two friends of mine when one of them openly declared that he had an interest in the other guy's sister.

The guy quickly repelled him and told him that he cannot let any friend of his date his sister,,simply because he does not trust any guy.

Now this could be a case of "Show me your friend and i'll tell you who you are"

Because the guy in question knows what his friend does with other girls and so he won't allow him do such with his sister,,even though he also plays other people's sister.

The ladies are not left out in this too as some of them can't stand their closest friend going out with their younger or elder brother..

This has led me to ask
What is really Bad in dating a sibling of your Friend?

There are many answers to this question,,but one I easily figured out is that guys value their friendship a lot and they won't let their 'player' friend date their sister and eventually break her heart,,this will definitely cost them their friendship...

The friend could also be someone who doesn't respect women and could turn a girlfriend/wife-beater..

But what if he/she truly loves the sibling in question?

What is your say on this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by naturally: 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
If your friend trusts you and also knows you are capable of taking care of his sis. Not bad
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by emedy(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
How bad is this please Because i'm currently in this situation,i have forced myself to believe it's Nothing,but really I can't get to see that my paddy yet. I don't know how to Face him.
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by naijaboiy: 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
naturally: If your trusts you and also knows you are capable of taking care of his sis. Not bad
Can you allow your friend date your sister,,if you have one?
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by naijaboiy: 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
emedy: How bad is this please Because i'm currently in this situation,i have forced myself to believe it's Nothing,but really I can't get to see that my paddy yet. I don't know how to Face him.
Is someone dating your sister?
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Sarimah(f): 8:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
IMO,don't see anything wrong in it...guys just don't lyk their friends dating their sisters..my elder brother hate wen I hangout with his friends even when there is nothing going on btwn us..
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by dechandel(f): 8:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
emedy: How bad is this please Because i'm currently in this situation,i have forced myself to believe it's Nothing,but really I can't get to see that my paddy yet. I don't know how to Face him.
Hheheheehe
U don enter
#Anodafriendshipsoiled lipsrsealed

I once did something like that
But it was in the interest of my friend and her heart
Couldnt let her date my serial flirt of a cousin
So i guess its sometimes for the best
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Gbolask24(m): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
We have being giving out free ebooks that we ought to have being selling since the beginning of this year. for those who missed our “Free ebook birthday package”, where we gave out free ebooks for many people who requested for it with a post titled: CEO @ 19 Birthday Gift: Free Ebook for Everybody.

Topics that were available as gifts for the birthday and anniversary celebration were;

1. How to buy cheap blackberry, android and smartphones as low as N4,500 and get it shipped to your house within 3days .
2. How to buy Laptop at the rate of N15,000 only and get it shipped to your door also in 3 days.
3. How to buy .COM, .NET, .ORG ETC. Domain names for just N120 and also how to sell it at higher rate.
4. How to be making around N75,000 per month from Fiverr.com and how to withdraw your money
5. A report on how a Nigeria made 9MILLION NAIRA in 12 months From online forums
6. All you need to know on Forex trading and how to be on the winning side
7. How to start a blog for beginner and how to monetize it
8. Website, blog, page, domain and anything flippable flipping with a testimonies of those who are into the business.
9. How to design an HTML website for beginner in 7 days
10. Facebook money making strategies: that can be driving more than N100,000 monthly to your account

We are now making those first two ebooks available for free for those who will act fast.

Download those ebooks here>>http://.com/blog/2014/download-free-ebook-importation-business.html
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by naturally: 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
naijaboiy:
Can you allow your friend date your sister,,if you have one?

Why not? as long as I know my friend won't hurt her
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by 1one: 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
It's really not a big deal.... It only becomes one when charcoal looks like "snow" when placed side by side against my friend's character/personality.

I have two best friends.. And they are the most AMAZING GUYS EVER... I wouldn't even give it a second thought if either of them wanted to date my sister.. (Even though that's not possible because they can't be dating their AUNTYgrin)

It's not against any non-written bro code as far as I'm concerned, it's just that it becomes awkward when they're either quarelling/giving each other the silent treatment or when they break up.

Your sister might "foolishly" expect you to stop talking to your friend even though your friend would not expect you to stop talking to your sister.

But apart from these instances.. I think it's Aii.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
I really see nothing wrong in it...
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lol this is a very funny situation... my friend actually dated my sister...at the time he didn't know How to tell me.So one day I was at his place and we were just joking around and amidst laughter he said it.... and I was like "You're kidding right?"...and he put on his Serious face and said "no...I'm dead serious, we've been dating for like a month now"....and I just sat there staring at him with no emotion.
I could see he was uneasy and i was enjoying it lol...and he was like "dude say something "....and then I laughed and said "That's Both of you's business not mine, I've got issues of my own"..and changed the topic.. honestly I was indifferent about it..they're Both old enough to already decisions on thier own so...Ehn,what the heck.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by 1one: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
Arva: I really see nothing wrong in it...

So you didn't kill yourself again.

Thank God sha.

Welcome back to Earth.
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
1one:

So you didn't kill yourself again.

Thank God sha.

Welcome back to Earth.
Did I ever say I wanted to kill myself?
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
I don't have a sister but if I had one, I would allow my friend to date her.

Why? Because, I know the kind of friend I love keeping.

Cool headed and Vocal/outspoken introverts.

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by 1one: 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
JeffreyJamez: Lol this is a very funny situation... my friend actually dated my sister...at the time he didn't know How to tell me.So one day I was at his place and we were just joking around and amidst laughter he said it.... and I was like "You're kidding right?"...and he put on his Serious face and said "no...I'm dead serious, we've been dating for like a month now"....and I just sat there staring at him with no emotion.
I could see he was uneasy and[b]i was enjoying it lol...[/b] and he was like "dude say something "....and then I laughed and said "That's Both of you's business not mine, I've got issues of my own"..and changed the topic.. honestly I was indifferent about it..they're Both old enough to already decisions on thier own so...Ehn,what the heck.

Hehehe... That's something I would do too.gringrin

I would put up a phoney angry face like angry

But in my mind I'm like gringrin

I can be full of mischief like thatgrin

3 Likes

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Tantidora(f): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
Friends dnt date each other sibling

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by 1one: 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
Arva:
Did I ever say I wanted to kill myself?

Ohh I apologize.

Your moniker looks similar
to the same one that posted
something like a suicide note
here some days ago.

Ignore my post if it's not you.
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by tosyne2much(m): 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
JeffreyJamez: Lol this is a very funny situation... my friend actually dated my sister...at the time he didn't know How to tell me.So one day I was at his place and we were just joking around and amidst laughter he said it.... and I was like "You're kidding right?"...and he put on his Serious face and said "no...I'm dead serious, we've been dating for like a month now"....and I just sat there staring at him with no emotion.
I could see he was uneasy and i was enjoying it lol...and he was like "dude say something "....and then I laughed and said "That's Both of you's business not mine, I've got issues of my own"..and changed the topic.. honestly I was indifferent about it..they're Both old enough to already decisions on thier own so...Ehn,what the heck.
that's what we call maturity

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by tosyne2much(m): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
If the quality of friends you keep are not worthy of dating your sister, then you have to start living a good life and flee away frm any wrong association

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by KelvinGraphics(m): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
Oya na
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by charijee(f): 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hmmmmmm......*coughs*
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by valmunich(m): 9:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
I can't and I don't even know why
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Rapsainot(m): 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
naturally:

Why not? as long as I know my friend won't hurt her
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Andy790(m): 9:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
Guys & their selfish tots...
Is it nt anoda guy sista his datin....
Any guy dat doesnt want his frnd 2 date his sista shuld b shot dead....
Else he as a bad frnd....

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by iamord(m): 9:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lol . Its a crazy scenario. I have gotten close to that. and for me I see nothing wrong. But its advisable not to go far so as not to hamper the relationship btwn the sibling and friend. And besides. It won't be nice for your sibling to know all your paroles.. So its better to look elsewhere. and give yourself Respect!

3 Likes

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by naijaboiy: 10:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
So what if on the long run your friend starts maltreating her?

Are you still going to be indifferent?
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by naijaboiy: 10:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
Andy790: Guys & their selfish tots...
Is it nt anoda guy sista his datin....
Any guy dat doesnt want his frnd 2 date his sista shuld b shot dead....
Else he as a bad frnd....
Shot dead? shocked

Mehn that's absurd undecided
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by naijaboiy: 10:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
Sarimah: IMO,don't see anything wrong in it...guys just don't lyk their friends dating their sisters..my elder brother hate wen I hangout with his friends even when there is nothing going on btwn us..
Maybe he knows the kind of friend he has and does not want you to experience what other girls have suffered in his hands.
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by naijaboiy: 10:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
valmunich: I can't and I don't even know why
You can't date your friend's sister or you won't let your friend which one?
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by valmunich(m): 10:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
naijaboiy:
You can't date your friend's sister or you won't let your friend which one?
I cant let, buh i can date. I be phool abi? grin
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
I can't allow my brother date my friend, not because I don't trust either of them, but I don't wanna be dragged into their misunderstandings.
-If eventually they breakup...you know what that means na (especially if things went down) my friend may become uncomfortable around me. Trust me, my bro and I are very close, he might not give me every sneaky detail, but he would sha give me 'headlines'

I dated my brother's friend 6yrs ago. Very 9ce guy that I still gat much respect for but it wasn't easy mehn, the guy lived in our estate...we were in the same school...so, on how I go visit am - another of my brother's friend that tried dating me too would tell my brother (I nearly slap that guy one day angry). Finally we went our separate ways. It wasn't working - we didn't have our privacy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

13 Brutal Truths About Loving A Gemini / .. / Some Real Life Superhumans With Extreme Capabilities From Around The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.