Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? (5542 Views)

Sleeping With Your Wife Or Husband Is Like Sleeping With Your Sister Or Brother / I'm Dating My Friend's Sister But He Doesn't Know. / Dating your Sister or Brother's Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by kalu01(m): 11:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
yes I once dated my friends sister, menn I must say it was fun or should I call it trade-by batter. cos he was also dating our house help then the girl was so cute.
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Andy790(m): 11:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
naijaboiy:
Shot dead? shocked

Mehn that's absurd undecided

Just exaggerating
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by naijaboiy: 11:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
valmunich:
I cant let, buh i can date. I be phool abi? grin
you funny sha grin

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by valmunich(m): 11:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
kalu01: yes I once dated my friends sister, menn I must say it was fun or should I call it trade-by batter. cos he was also dating our house help then the girl was so cute.
Seems like you had something for the house help too
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by pweetyz(f): 11:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
WELL..i think the reason why people repudiate it even in cases where their friends are 99.9% trustworthy,is because in relationships,misunderstandings are almost inevitable;so in order to avoid placing their relationship with any of the parties in jeopardy,they shy away from it as their familarity with both parties tend to make them a 3rd party and also to act as a judge where they'd have to be in support of one party leaving the other party hurt thereby creating a rift in their relationship..this however does not occur in all cases buh i think its better to be on the safe side

buh as for me though..ion think i have a problem with it..for starters it aint my life and my sibling or my friend aint gonna get married to me..buh if either parties should ask for my opinion,i'd make them promise not to involve me in any of their future squabbles and then they are ON THEIR OWN

Its simply a so-so situation though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by kalu01(m): 12:00am On Sep 25, 2014
valmunich:
Seems like you had something for the house help too
I swear na the girl collect my virginity.
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by valmunich(m): 12:02am On Sep 25, 2014
kalu01: I swear na the girl collect my virginity.
I thought as much grin
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by kalu01(m): 12:08am On Sep 25, 2014
valmunich:
I thought as much grin
grin
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by naijaboiy: 12:41am On Sep 25, 2014
pweetyz: WELL..i think the reason why people repudiate it even in cases where their friends are 99.9% trustworthy,is because in relationships,misunderstandings are almost inevitable;so in order to avoid placing their relationship with any of the parties in jeopardy,they shy away from it as their familarity with both parties tend to make them a 3rd party and also to act as a judge where they'd have to be in support of one party leaving the other party hurt thereby creating a rift in their relationship..this however does not occur in all cases buh i think its better to be on the safe side

buh as for me though..ion think i have a problem with it..for starters it aint my life and my sibling or my friend aint gonna get married to me..buh if either parties should ask for my opinion,i'd make them promise not to involve me in any of their future squabbles and then they are ON THEIR OWN

Its simply a so-so situation though

In other words,,you wouldn't meddle in their affairs no matter how the case may be?
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:41am On Sep 25, 2014
naijaboiy:
So what if on the long run your friend starts maltreating her?

Are you still going to be indifferent?

Do you think he would?... knowing it's my sister?.... and knowing the kinda Person I am and How vengeful I can be?....Nah.... I don't think so.
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by pweetyz(f): 7:04am On Sep 25, 2014
naijaboiy:
In other words,,you wouldn't meddle in their affairs no matter how the case may be?
..I'd try not to..except in extreme cases when it seems that they're both blinded by anger..i might just interfere a little there but try not to support any party
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by emedy(m): 10:35am On Sep 27, 2014
naijaboiy:
Is someone dating your sister?
Oh Yes,tho I dnt meddle into her issues.
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by emedy(m): 10:40am On Sep 27, 2014
dechandel:
Hheheheehe
U don enter
#Anodafriendshipsoiled lipsrsealed

I once did something like that
But it was in the interest of my friend and her heart
Couldnt let her date my serial flirt of a cousin
So i guess its sometimes for the best
Worst is...the babe doesn't give a second thought about me and the bro. Her Replys remain_i'm nt a kid.
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 27, 2014
Hehehhehehe dis thread reminds me of many yrs ago, my broda baaadt boy he go dey find bf for me among his friends den collect commision. Chai. Its not bad sha but it depends on d individuals
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Jasi7(m): 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
Arva: I really see nothing wrong in it...

Really....e get as e be nw...for me I wuld start havin attitude change towards dat guy of mine,knowing fully well that he is takin her to cloud 9 whenever he wants to...gaddamn it
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2014
Boys like me made it a taboo. cry
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by Dayjhihannon01(m): 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
naijaboiy:
So what if on the long run your friend starts maltreating her?

Are you still going to be indifferent?

Then it should be None of my bussyness

A customized heart for we both fah... Am I there in d first place? Unless d sis in ? Isn't above 18... Its a damn free world I tell yah..
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by 30secs(m): 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
Shey na Tunde abi na Jide i go gree make e date my sister? Awon oloriburuku meji.
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by johnbuck81(m): 1:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
Tantidora:
Friends dnt date each other sibling
tell em 4 me jare...i see my friends sister as my sister n he shud see mine like that as well.
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by johnbuck81(m): 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
for me....dating ur friends sibling is a big betrayal to friendship.

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by coolzeal(m): 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2014
My friend elder sister is actually making the moves but, I'm setting the boundaries because it ain't worth my friendship.
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by candybella(f): 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
m currently dating my best friend's broda..shez very okay with it..besides,we started dating online she wasn't aware of it till I told her n she was very happy..she even calls me her sister-in-law to be..
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by slimedge(m): 5:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
naijaboiy:
This has been boggling my mind for quite sometime now.

I was discussing with two friends of mine when one of them openly declared that he had an interest in the other guy's sister.

The guy quickly repelled him and told him that he cannot let any friend of his date his sister,,simply because he does not trust any guy.

Now this could be a case of "Show me your friend and i'll tell you who you are"

Because the guy in question knows what his friend does with other girls and so he won't allow him do such with his sister,,even though he also plays other people's sister.

The ladies are not left out in this too as some of them can't stand their closest friend going out with their younger or elder brother..

This has led me to ask
What is really Bad in dating a sibling of your Friend?

There are many answers to this question,,but one I easily figured out is that guys value their friendship a lot and they won't let their 'player' friend date their sister and eventually break her heart,,this will definitely cost them their friendship...

The friend could also be someone who doesn't respect women and could turn a girlfriend/wife-beater..

But what if he/she truly loves the sibling in question?

What is your say on this?
...to be frank with you,I can't stand it either...it's definitely going to cost us our friendship..I always object to it and find it irritating..I can only be down with it if the guy first becomes my sister's friend and later my friend...Only if you know the kind of gists guys bring up when they are together,then you know what am talking about...
Re: Dating Your Friend's Sister Or Brother...is It A Taboo? by sylve11: 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2022
tosyne2much:
If the quality of friends you keep are not worthy of dating your sister, then you have to start living a good life and flee away frm any wrong association

Valid! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

"My Husband Wants Threesomes And Orgies" / How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? / How Can I Make My Wife More Romantic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.