Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) (62806 Views)

Have You Ever Tried This Method of Identifying Rotten Eggs ? Photo / Cooking Tips For Career Minded Single Guys (pictures Included) / What Is The Craziest Food Combination You Have Ever Tried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Tolubory(m): 11:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
When I were Little younger ...
I help my mum with that a lot of time....
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Donfamous(m): 12:19am On Sep 27, 2014
tommiebuck:
i sabi ekuru too o. i be omo kwara
I dey feel u

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 27, 2014
Yes I have used it, so many times to grind pepper.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 1:26am On Sep 27, 2014
Ekiseme: so you prefer this to blender? undecided
that's not the point, the point is even the white man that invented the blender wouldn't condemn the grinding stone, just show some respect to culture is what i'm saying.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 1:29am On Sep 27, 2014
kolidave: its not a matter of getting consumed. Its a matter of living in the past. Because our forefathers walked and trekked in the past does that now mean we should also neglect our vehicles and walk too? The world is changing and moving,we should move with it and stop living in d past. Many tins ave been made to make our work easier and faster.
that doesn't mean you should insult walking instead show some respect, that's why there is tourism.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Donfamous(m): 1:43am On Sep 27, 2014
tommiebuck:
i sabi ekuru too o. i be omo kwara
u are mouthed

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Jhayeahsam01(m): 4:38am On Sep 27, 2014
this kinda grinding method has natural taste and sweetness.... rice or ekure stew
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Anugod(f): 4:42am On Sep 27, 2014
majalisa: shocked....NA d flEsh grinding oR Stone grinding

angryangry angry

lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by red101(f): 5:05am On Sep 27, 2014
yeah. I remember we would use it sometimes if we want the taste... but it was so much work.. i prefer the blender grin
there are strong blenders now that work without need to add water so that will bring out the same taste. these ones are very expensive though

why do you call it an "ancient" technique. there's nothing ancient about it imo it's still in existence and maybe popular in rural areas
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 27, 2014
imoleay0:

*On my kneels*, will you be my house wife please?
No, I no do.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 27, 2014
Amusaopeyemi: Sure na, I can grind Egusi and beans lyk that too. My mom taught me.

hey, ur signature aint logical...atall.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by mordi12: 6:50am On Sep 27, 2014
yea.........used it 2 grind all d grindables in d house.....d one I hated most was egusi,chai it will be sticking all over ur hands. but it was fun share.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by ALKARULEZ615(m): 7:02am On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 27, 2014
ALKARULEZ615: wow!!! OPEYEMI BAMIDELE AMUSA
Thot I waz neva gona meet ya again... #answered_prayers

Confused? Add me up via whatsapp/bbm (see: signature)
shocked shocked shocked You must know me really well o. This one that you called my name in full like this.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by ALKARULEZ615(m): 7:23am On Sep 27, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
shocked shocked shocked You must know me really well o. This one that you called my name in full like this.
yea...ah knw yhu

Issokay tho...u've done d needful
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 27, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
No, I no do.
Don't let me force you young lady, for the last time(still on my kneels)
will you marry me?
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by tommiebuck(f): 8:09am On Sep 27, 2014
fistonati: i agreed wt ur last sentance bt hw many nowadays ladies can use it esp. female students?
go on research now abi.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by raphy(m): 8:28am On Sep 27, 2014
guys of today cant use this .na girls things .u go siddon fo small stool wide ya legs.carry ya wrappa cover ya V hole.begin to roll stone.na fo village,ds kind tin dey invogue o
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Elle780(f): 8:51am On Sep 27, 2014
I use it almost everyday. D taste is always different when compared 2 electric grinder.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by osaaaaa: 9:15am On Sep 27, 2014
No light in my area(agwan-gede ext in kuje) since last 5weeks.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by osaaaaa: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2014
Nobody sab I pass us ekiti/igbomona in kwara.
Donfamous: I dey feel u
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 27, 2014
bukatyne:

Hardworking man,

Have you tried using it before?
Well, I have used on numerous occasions. Stressful, I might add. But it does preserve the natural taste of the food. But you knew that. Right? tongue tongue
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Heycube(m): 11:16am On Sep 27, 2014
Donfamous: bros u Sabi ekuru sha? Are u from ekiti?
U know those kind stew rich with iru

U sabi gud food. Thumb up for u bro...cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by hikmojj(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2014
anytime im at home, i use it
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Edoblakky(m): 11:28am On Sep 27, 2014
Truly my mum still maintains her grinding stone till date. I've bought her 2 blenders but she still prefers her grinding stone, maintaining that the taste of stew from a blender is not as delicious as that from her stone.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2014
_

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
tongue Style ndi yoruba.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by okorouc(m): 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
Gboliwe: My grandma has a stone like this in the village. I always know the day I try to grind pepper with is the day I will be hospitalised. I am sure the pepper will enter somewhere else tongue
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Dolcilicious(f): 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
So many times,v grinded pepper this way.Wheneva i cook rice,and wanna eat it with stew,d sure way is to grid it this way.Theres nuffin like it. kiss
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by directonpc(m): 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
timsbee:

point of correction; I am not a MISS rather MRS. And yeah am a landlord. So praise God.
ok MRS the Lord is good
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Maximus85(m): 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
As u use am finish make U (guy) come go pee.
cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Adeyinka123: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
I did that severally while with my parents

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bride-to-be Bachelorette Party Cake Causes Stir Online / Checkout This 40ft Trailer Load Of Cow Meat At An Event Recently (pics/video) / Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.