Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? (1716 Views)

Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by lustra89(m): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
Now, why i asked this question, was beause i ran into a friend's update, sending birthday wishes and calling him title's like ''God's General'' to me i dnt think he deserve that title, judging from what most God's general's has done including people like whycliff jean, john hus, martin lurther knox etc,, this are men who fought for the bible we read today, including giving their life so the bible could be interpreted to the language of the common man,, when the catholics, kings and pope insist it must be in latin, they fought for reformation of the church, destroyin most belief,, many reason's which i cnt go on mentioning, even when john hus was kill because of his Reformation to the church, he said '' lord have mercy' and in 1999 pope john paul apologised for a sin commited by the church to him, after 385years, to me i dnt fink Bishop david oyedepo should be address as such,,, please what's ur humble opinion,, no insult please, but if you do,, i will humble smile no skin pain.... Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by Gombs(m): 10:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
lustra89: Now, why i asked this question, was beause i ran into a friend's update, sending birthday wishes and calling him title's like ''God's General'' to me i dnt think he deserve that title, judging from what most God's general's has done including people like whycliff jean, john hus, martin lurther knox etc,, this are men who fought for the bible we read today, including giving their life so the bible could be interpreted to the language of the common man,, when the catholics, kings and pope insist it must be in latin, they fought for reformation of the church, destroyin most belief,, many reason's which i cnt go on mentioning, even when john hus was kill because of his Reformation to the church, he said '' lord have mercy' and in 1999 pope john paul apologised for a sin commited by the church to him, after 385years, to me i dnt fink Bishop david oyedepo should be address as such,,, please what's ur humble opinion,, no insult please, but if you do,, i will humble smile no skin pain.... Thanks

Yes he is! Do you know how many millions of God's army he leads here on earth? Meanwhile, stop thinking, start learning! Stop using 'fink' for 'think' 'dnt' for 'don't'... know when to use past tenses, and continuous tenses, use ... instead of ,,,

I can tell you are below 18 from your post, but if you are above 20, I really think you should focus on your studies and leave Oyedepo outta itundecided

3 Likes

Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by lustra89(m): 11:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
thnk,, pls am above that age,,, n thanks for ur correction
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by fortran12: 3:42am On Sep 25, 2014
No he is not, but he is worthy to be called God's commander :-) whats with people n titles that have no impact or affect God in any way
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by PastorKun(m): 6:26am On Sep 25, 2014
He is not even worthy to be called a christian talkless of God's general.

3 Likes

Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by Gombs(m): 6:28am On Sep 25, 2014
lustra89: thnk,, pls am above that age,,, n thanks for ur correction

Thanks, please I'm above that age... and thanks for your correction.
cool

you welcome buddy
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by Jerryolumide(m): 6:36am On Sep 25, 2014
PastorKun: He is not even worthy to be called a christian talkless of God's general.
lol y??
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by PastorKun(m): 6:43am On Sep 25, 2014
Jerryolumide: lol y??

Real christians are supposed to be christlike in nature and there is absolutely nothing christlike in Oyedepo.

4 Likes

Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 25, 2014
PastorKun:

Real christians are supposed to be christlike in nature and there is absolutely nothing christlike in Oyedepo.
You don come again? undecided
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by Gombs(m): 7:10am On Sep 25, 2014
musKeeto:
You don come again? undecided

grin
there is everything christ-like in kunle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 25, 2014
lustra89: Now, why i asked this question, was beause i ran into a friend's update, sending birthday wishes and calling him title's like ''God's General'' to me i dnt think he deserve that title, judging from what most God's general's has done including people like whycliff jean, john hus, martin lurther knox etc,, this are men who fought for the bible we read today, including giving their life so the bible could be interpreted to the language of the common man,, when the catholics, kings and pope insist it must be in latin, they fought for reformation of the church, destroyin most belief,, many reason's which i cnt go on mentioning, even when john hus was kill because of his Reformation to the church, he said '' lord have mercy' and in 1999 pope john paul apologised for a sin commited by the church to him, after 385years, to me i dnt fink Bishop david oyedepo should be address as such,,, please what's ur humble opinion,, no insult please, but if you do,, i will humble smile no skin pain.... Thanks
mumu ppl go dey give demselves title to impress no one but themselves.
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 25, 2014
PastorKun: He is not even worthy to be called a christian talkless of God's general.
who b dis one?
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by Samadict(f): 7:47am On Sep 25, 2014
Hmmm....when did u/i become the presiding judge over issues of who is worthy to be called of God? we should leave that and work out our own salvation with fear and trembling o. What you and I are called down here doesnt really count. what counts is our identities with God.
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 25, 2014
He can call himself anything he likes,after all,na him get him mouth.

1 Like

Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by nora544: 8:00am On Sep 25, 2014

This title is not for him because he dinot live a christian livestyle.

He ist not more than a pastor who is very good in twisting the bible and all he wants is to enrich himself and that is against a real christian.

1 Like

Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by Jerryolumide(m): 8:02am On Sep 25, 2014
PastorKun:

still don't get your point sir
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by nora544: 8:24am On Sep 25, 2014
Pentecostal Corruption: Prosperity Gospel is a Scam
Today we shriek as we hear of financial scams, corporate greed, and virtually anything money-related that isn’t entirely on the up-and-up. While religion has generally been a help in these economically difficult times, there is one segment of Christianity that is scamming as many as they can. Those who have ears (and debt) let them hear.

The Prosperity Gospel, also known as a facet of the Word of Faith movement (a louder voice in Pentecostalism), has been writing checks with its lips that’s its theology can’t cash. Last year’s Pew Foundation mega-poll, which surveyed nearly 35,000 people (one of the largest religion polls ever accomplished), revealed a few interesting facts about Christians in the Pentecostal tradition, among them:

Pentecostals have the lowest incomes of any other Christian denomination.
Pentecostals have the least education of any other Christian denomination.

The results show that Pentecostals have the most high school dropouts, the fewest college graduates, and the fewest post-graduates. But the most interesting thing is that they earn the least annual income of any other Christian tradition polled. This is shocking, considering that a main feature in popular Pentecostalism is the Prosperity Gospel, where church members are promised that God will make them rich beyond their wildest dreams if they tithe generously and believe that they will receive the money.

The trouble I’ve seen…

Not only do Pentecostals fail to out-earn the regular “non-spirit filled” Christian, they make less. For me, to read such information is heartbreaking, as I am a teacher in a private school that’s part of a Word of Faith church. The church is doing very well for itself, as most Pentecostal churches are, but the people are suffering.

I often speak with coworkers and church members as they slowly slip into despair. I watch helplessly as their hopes dim, and their pennies dwindle. When I attend a service at this church, I hear the pastors declare that God will make everybody rich, if only they will throw what little they do have into the offering plate. Loud confident voices echo off the palatial walls of the sanctuary, while weary, struggling believers bristle with the hope of God’s “promises.” My impoverished friends dance down the plush expensive carpet to the altar and pull out their dollar bills (not their food stamps and government checks, though they have those also) and cheerfully give. The pastor nods approvingly, his hands folded in prayer (a shiny Rolex on his wrist), his eyes misty.

Say what you want about the corruption of the pulpit, or the decadence of the minister—that’s not my issue. My point is that while the world howls at the scam artists who fail to deliver on big promises, Christianity has its very own Ponzi scheme that’s alive and well. At least when Bernie Madoff promised big returns he actually delivered (if only for a moment); the prosperity gospel doesn’t even do that much. When Joel Osteen, Ken Copeland, Paula White, or Benny Hinn take your money, you’ll never see it again (unless you happen to glimpse one of their private jets leaving a runway for Bermuda).

Creating “The Least of These”

When a major tenet of your theology is that people who invest in your church will experience wealth, while the facts show that your congregants are among the poorest and most desperate in the country, you have just been exposed. Further, when the national economy is in shambles, it should be criminal to continue to avoid taxes as a charity, yet earn immense amounts of capital on the promise of a better future. In the business world we call it a scam.

So why are we silent while this happens in every neighborhood in America?

Another concern raised by the Pew poll is the average profile of the victim. As Pentecostals tend to be the least well-educated group of believers they make a prime target for would-be millionaire pastors. In many ways, I am as green with jealousy as these prosperity preachers are with greed, in that the scammed believers have more faith in their little finger than I will probably ever know in my lifetime. They would give the shirt off their backs if they believed God wanted them to, and many of them have. These people have the purest of Christian hearts, trusting the intentions of their Shepherd as they’re led as lambs to the slaughter.

Bankrupt Prosperity

Imagine that there was a brand of theology in which people were taught that God has promised to give followers an additional arm, right from the center of their chest. Let’s say it taught that scripture had everywhere indicated that this was the case, and that by believing this “fuller” version of the gospel, you were opening up the as-of-yet closed off area of blessings that Christians have forgotten about (i.e. growing another appendage to better do God’s work).

Let’s imagine that after about 50 years the movement has spread worldwide, with followers numbering in the millions, and you look to see how many of these folks have in fact grown that “arm of the Lord.” Upon inspection you find that the vast majority of them have lost an arm, leaving them worse off and less able to serve than even those old two-armed folk. The irony would be overwhelming.

Despite the statistics, and the continued empirical evidence of devastated human lives (Pentecostals also have the most divorces), few if any Christians have plainly spoken against the Prosperity Gospel, or raised awareness that measures any merit. While high-level corruption and financial disarray are the soup du jour of recent weeks’ media cycles, this prominent and aberrant theology has been allowed to wreak destruction on a mass of people who are grasping at economic straws.

Prosperity Gospel theology is bankrupt. The debate raged for years about how much sense coveting money made in the context of biblical principles, but now the fruit has been borne and the numbers don’t lie: those who attend Prosperity Gospel churches are in fact worse off for it.

That is what they found out in America but I feel that nearly the same is in nigeria.
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by PastorKun(m): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2014
Jerryolumide: still don't get your point sir

Go and study the life style and teachings of Christ and compare and contrast it to that of oyedepo.

3 Likes

Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by sidvinci(m): 9:07am On Sep 25, 2014

Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by krayzieklay(m): 9:42am On Sep 25, 2014
Gombs:

Thanks, please I'm above that age... and thanks for your correction.
cool

you welcome buddy

"You welcome,buddy."

Pot calling kettle black.
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by paulGrundy(m): 9:56am On Sep 25, 2014
No I don't think so. I respect the man and I believe in his ministry, for him to be a General his teachings and ministry must have had an impression in the Charismatic movement of the larger society, not only in Nigeria.
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by jdilight(m): 9:57am On Sep 25, 2014

No man taketh this honour unto himself Heb 5:4. If God calls him His general what is that to us, if He doesn't what is that to us. Our problem is we love the honour of men than the honour of God. Leave him to his God.

In mine opinion, he is among the top fliers who have tried in enlightening the body of Christ in the world in this our generation. Every generation has its own obstacles.
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by Victorious1(f): 10:28am On Sep 25, 2014

Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by lustra89(m): 10:30am On Sep 25, 2014
i appreciate all your comment please keep it coming
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by nora544: 11:13am On Sep 25, 2014
paulGrundy: No I don't think so. I respect the man and I believe in his ministry, for him to be a General his teachings and ministry must have had an impression in the Charismatic movement of the larger society, not only in Nigeria.

Do you know that most of this charismatic preachers preach a heresy gospel.

The gospel is for free and you cannot buy it with money and he is a money loveing business man and nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by asalimpo(m): 11:15am On Sep 25, 2014
PastorKun:

Mature christians will be Christ-like. You dont determine a child's paternity by his behaviour but by his genetic code.
When a child grows up he'll put away childish things.
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by deeptechcool(m): 11:21am On Sep 25, 2014
@op- he is not. He is just the 'god of foolish men'.

3 Likes

Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by EvangSDKalu: 11:25am On Sep 25, 2014
You a Christian no doubt.

If you are a man of God who want to make a difference in your time. You will know better than insulting a Papa like Daddy Bishop David Oyadepo. Be mature in Christ. And know when to appreciate the grace on men of God. Kill your over familiarity.
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by nora544: 11:41am On Sep 25, 2014
@op do you know that one pastor who is also called this name Gods General was the biggest lier at his time

John G. Lake a person nigeria pastors love but search for " the devil who could heal" than you will see who this person realy was.
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by MightySparrow: 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
Yes.
Re: Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? by BreezyRita(f): 2:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
[quote author=Silkmoth33] mumu ppl go dey give demselves title to impress no one but themselves.[/quote
Mumu people like you will be commenting without reading or fully comprehending a post!!
Idiot!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Lies Catholics Are Tired Of Hearing / Why Is The ‘most Religious’ Country The ‘poorest’? / Christain No School Fee. Muslim, School Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.