Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,943 members, 7,803,091 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Glo Is Blocking Some Websites - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Glo Is Blocking Some Websites (5900 Views)

Advertisers Win The Ad-blocking War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by Cactus(m): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
I have noticed that glo blocks access to some website. If i use ctunnel.com, i am able to view the site. If i request a friend in a different country to view the site, it comes up. But with a glo connection, it doesnt come up.

Has anyone experienced/noticed this? I am assuming its blocking based on keywords not sure yet to determine
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
Cactus: I have noticed that glo blocks access to some website. If i use ctunnel.com, i am able to view the site. If i request a friend in a different country to view the site, it comes up. But with a glo connection, it doesnt come up.

Has anyone experienced/noticed this? I am assuming its blocking based on keywords not sure yet to determine
it might not be Glo...ur title is so unprofessional atm...cos u ain't confirmed nothing still
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
Is tru bro, just make us of vpn. Or download and instal anomalox adons with ur firefox browser, the choose us ip and the sites will be unblocked
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by Tolzeal(m): 11:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
Skybancs: Is tru bro, just make us of vpn. Or download and instal anomalox adons with ur firefox browser, the choose us ip and the sites will be unblocked

Accesing The Webpage Now with My Glo Ng?? What's. Ur intake About That
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 07, 2017
2017 and this problem still exists. E.g: medminacollege.com

Cactus:
I have noticed that glo blocks access to some website. If i use ctunnel.com, i am able to view the site. If i request a friend in a different country to view the site, it comes up. But with a glo connection, it doesnt come up.

Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by hakeem4(m): 4:12pm On May 23, 2017
BashBandP:
2017 and this problem still exists. E.g: medminacollege.com

i experience the same problem sef

1 Like

Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by Immality(m): 11:58pm On May 23, 2017
Are you guys sure Glo is not behind the frequent blocking of FB opened within the past 2weeks..
I have experienced hell of blocking from Facebook..

Both on my system and phone..

Could it be the problem?
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by bisi16(m): 6:17pm On Jul 17, 2017
I just dont understand glo I swear
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by thesmallgod(m): 9:55am On Oct 09, 2017
I am currently experiencing this issue. i cant visit bitcointalk.org with glo
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by Eze2000(m): 1:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
Is tru bro, just make us of vpn. Or download and instal anomalox adons with ur firefox browser, the choose us ip and the sites will be unblocked

is this a very safe method with PC?
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by Seyola9(m): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2017
thesmallgod:
I am currently experiencing this issue. i cant visit bitcointalk.org with glo

I can confirm this too 100%. The strange tin started today. I have been viewing the btctalk forum with glo all this while, but since today morning, it has not been opening with glo ng at all. I switched to VPN with the same glo simcard and btctalk opened fastly.

MTN is also opening it well.
What's happening with glo??
Even their internet network that used to be very strong and fast at my area is now frustrating and shitty!!!
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by yomalex(m): 6:27am On Nov 17, 2017
this is still happening
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 17, 2017
Did you guys knew that all blogger blogs are not opening too? I talked about it here https://www.netsocialblog.com/2017/10/blogger-blogs-custom-domain-not-opening.html

Meanwhile The OP posted this thread on 2014 and it's happening again 2017!

@glo maka why?!

Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 05, 2018
What is their reason for doing this. I can't open https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/ anytime I switch to glo Sim. The thing just tire me

Funny how they can block access to certain sites but can't block xrated sites.
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by rersltd(m): 9:13am On Feb 12, 2018
Here is permanent solution....
I've encountered this in the past.
visit: https://tooloaded.com.ng/blog/2018/02/12/solution-problem-unable-load-visit-particular-website
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by tuhamworld: 10:31am On Feb 12, 2018
If your site is on blogger platform, i can help you fix it. Meanwhile..

Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by benzems(m): 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
Glo and network issues
Another question that can give you curiosity is why the government don't pay attention when things are going wrong, but sometimes they are not to blame because wrong people are always in the right place.
If a lawyer is minister of power and Doctor is a minister of commerce what do you expect.
Read more here
https://www.zamdtek.com/2018/06/glo-and-their-endless-network-problems.html
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by IJOKOSBLOG(m): 2:01am On Sep 21, 2018
Hello Friends,

I know this thread is old but i happen to have a solution for it.

Glo is finding it hard to open the new Blogger HTTPS IP but there is safe and secure way to make your blogger blog open on glo no matter the browser you are using.

Here is the article:

https://www.bloggingprince.com/2018/09/blogger-custom-domain-open-glo.html

Please note: You don't need any VPN apps.
Re: Glo Is Blocking Some Websites by empowermite(m): 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2019
I confirm this incident myself and go on research to find three best solution

One of my blog (www.empowermite.com) followers and readers called my attention to this issue. I was trying to fill the Nigerian Navy Form for one of my cousin when I confirm what he said to be true. If you are experiencing the same. Hopefully this will be of help.

I cannot imagine an ISP blocking domains that is not blacklisted. The reason from my research may be because their system cannot verify the domain security certificates which should have alternative of informing the users rather than blocking it totally.

Details here: https://www.empowermite.com/2019/02/accessing-websites-blocked-by-your-isp.html

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Blogs Are Semi-rated And Unprofessional / Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand / Cheap Professional Website Design and Development Training In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.