Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

21 Signs Of Old Age - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 21 Signs Of Old Age (946 Views)

Ebola Victims Now Stable, Five Showing Signs Of Recovery - Fashola / Signs Of Drowning & How To Help / Warning Signs Of Mental Disorder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Signs Of Old Age by DEGREE2466(m): 8:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
21 SIGNS OF OLD AGE

Irrespective of your age, just know that you've entered old age when you begin to show these signs.

1) Laughing when others are not. Whether there is a joke in the air or not, you laugh at awkward times. When nobody is laughing, that's when you are.

2) Loss of desire to brush your teeth. You just wake up, and don't want to brush your teeth. Brushing your teeth begins to look like an uphill task.

3) Telling stories to yourself. Both true and untrue stories, you tell yourself. Always narrating fables, legends and tales to yourself.

4) Drinking little or no water. Old people don't like water. I really don't know why. That's a big sign!

5) Falling asleep while watching TV. It shows the eyes are now very tires after a life long spent. So it can't stay open long enough.

6) Sitting outside the house. Most old folks do this. If you do this, then you are surely part of them: Absolutely!

7) Not putting on clothes in cold weather. Your body have become used to the cold. Others may fear for you, but you just don't feel it.

cool Listening to ancient music. You just don't know why, but that's what interests you. Ancient music. Wasn't so before, but old age has set in.

9) Preferring food made with palm oil. I really do not see what the senior citizens love so much about palm oil. An unusual love. When that love sets in, you are old, man!

10) Forgetting to eat breakfast. Yeah, this happens a lot. If you have such symptom, you need no prophet to tell you that you are old.

11) Having very big dreams. Old men shall dream dreams. When you start dreaming of buying solar-powered cars, you are not to far from the other side of the world.

12) Erratic love for newspapers. You really do not read them cover to cover, but you just love seeing them and handling them - old or new.

13) Listening to and reading obituaries. A very big sign. Knowing you have not too many years to spend, you want to know those that are already over there.

14) Telling people, "Are we age mates?". Most old persons ask that, whether seriously or jokingly. You are not alone!

15) Listening to the radio. The broadcast is not clear, yet you keep the radio close to your ears. You hear nothing, but the noise keeps you company.

16) Waking up with pains in your body. This is very common, and it's a norm. It shows the bones are getting tired. Indeed, very tired!

17) Seeing things that does not exist. You are in the living room, and you are see the gas cylinder on the table. Ridiculous though, but it's old age.

18) Wearing oversized shirts. The tight-fitting clothes do not quite work. Because the grave is nearer, you've to put on as much clothes as you can now.

19) Looking at the ground while walking. You just cannot help it anymore. You just have to.

20) Bad Eyesight. Either short-sightedness or blurred vision, you just cannot see well as normal!

21) Old age. Yes!

Look out for these signs....

1 Like

Re: 21 Signs Of Old Age by drey08(m): 8:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
ah don old ooo
Re: 21 Signs Of Old Age by naturally: 9:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lolllll, what of the teeth disappearing
Re: 21 Signs Of Old Age by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lol is this supposed to be a joke? Very funny though, thanks for the laugh smiley
Re: 21 Signs Of Old Age by drey08(m): 9:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
xcelsia: Lol is this supposed to be a joke? Very funny though, thanks for the laugh smiley
That's foreign
Re: 21 Signs Of Old Age by Sarimah(f): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
I dunno why I find dis funny grin

Kelvingraphics ur momma is getting old lipsrsealed
Re: 21 Signs Of Old Age by KelvinGraphics(m): 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
Sarimah: I dunno why I find dis funny grin

Kelvingraphics ur momma is getting old lipsrsealed
Lolz... Congratz den, e no easy to old ogrin
Re: 21 Signs Of Old Age by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ahhhhh! Op! i do all these u jst listed above, buh am in ma 20s, so hw come?
Re: 21 Signs Of Old Age by emmyw(m): 10:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
After laughing i will read it all,funny signs lol.
Re: 21 Signs Of Old Age by starlingbawa(m): 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Everyone quick to hit on the humorous side of the post and shying away from admitting to some of the aforementioned points because "WE" all want to look cool and young always.

I hail....!
Re: 21 Signs Of Old Age by Amhappy(f): 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hahahahahahahah very funny. @ Op i have some of these signs already cheiiii old age don come ooo
Re: 21 Signs Of Old Age by ibrahym47(m): 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2014
18 got me cracking my ribs

(1) (Reply)

Right Anti-aging Solution For Skin / 10 Things To Avoid Doing When A Person IsĀ convulsing / The Itchy Vagina ....by Dr Ib

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.