Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,417 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:07 PM

Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois (54363 Views)

Staff Cry As Rafindadi, VC Of Lokoja Federal University Leaves Office After Sack / Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC / Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by teeghurl(f): 1:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
egbaguy: His father is IBO..............he was raised by his yoruba mother after his IBO father died during the BIAFRA war.
see ds blo.ke, whr did u get dt story from? So y is he nt bearing his father's surname abi BIAFRA war don erase d name?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2014
Another genius lost! I weep for Nigeria. How many American VCs do we have in this nation?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by metrotilenig(f): 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
AMAZING!!! Proud of the Nation NIGERIA. LONG LIVE NIGERIA. #BelieveInNigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by metrotilenig(f): 1:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
Smiles*** I think its an honour.
Nobleval: Another genius lost! I weep for Nigeria. How many American VCs do we have in this nation?

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
As a People and as a Country,our potential is never in doubt.What is killing these potentials is corruption. Prof Adesida woudnt have succeeded in Nigeria.The usual (Nigerian) factors would have frustrated him and destroyed whatever talent that's in him. We are all proud of you and your achievements sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by veeberry(m): 1:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nice one. Its a plus to the country.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by clemz88(m): 1:21pm On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89:

is that why i am a cow?

do you know the difference between a tribalist and a nationalist or u are just another 5hit head on nairaland?

please teach me madam professor.
And better watch your gad4sak*****ing mouth. Well I wount blame you cos u are one of those ladies dat has no self respect or maybe your mother didn't teach u how to have manners.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Maleeq(m): 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
This news is so 2012 late!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by anonimi: 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
Simply shows that there is nothing wrong with us INDIVIDUALLY compared with our longer nosed fellow homo sapiens.

We should be worried however (and find out) why our COLLECTIVE is so much worse than theirs embarassed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
Those of you applauding the move should go google BRAIN DRAIN!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by GuyFawkes: 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89:

is that why i am a cow?

do you know the difference between a tribalist and a nationalist or u are just another 5hit head on nairaland?

grin grin grin
I know you trying to stay out of the war but they keep drawing you in *in Michael Corleones voice.
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by MASAKAR(m): 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
Congratulations Prof. Adesida
You have made us proud.
For your sedulous work.
You merit National honour.
CFR.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Missy89(f): 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
clemz88: please teach me madam professor.
And better watch your gad4sak*****ing mouth. Well I wount blame you cos u are one of those ladies dat has no self respect or maybe your mother didn't teach u how to have manners.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

NLders wont kill me with laughs!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Missy89(f): 1:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
GuyFawkes:

grin grin grin
I know you trying to stay out of the war but they keep drawing you in *in Michael Corleones voice.
lipsrsealed

Its is now getting funny really. I am getting hate emails as well cheesy
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by GodMode: 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
if the guy was igbo the igbos would have over-hyped this thread... now that his yoruba they are still claiming...... the forum they are using is created by a yoruba person OOOooo... the tribalists on NL are something else.... if Nigeria was an advanced nation this wouldn't be news.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Cholison(m): 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
Please do not come oo, your state is now being ruled by thugs. Back to the stone age.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by mrgreen4real(m): 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
Professor Ilesanmi, Good one. You left Atomic Time Bomb University (ATBU) before I became a student nd was not opportuned to see you. I am proud passing thru ATBU. May you find success in your endeavor

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by iswallker(m): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
missdebs: ondo, ekiti...states dat hv d highest regards for education n knowledge, ride on sir

Ekiti is now known for building stomach infrastructure.. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
Efiko.. Lol
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by komek(m): 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2014
egbaguy: His father is IBO..............he was raised by his yoruba mother after his IBO father died during the BIAFRA war.

Why are u claiming that Prof.? Does it mean u don't have achievers in Ibo land? This is inferiority complex o. Abi u wan start tribal war for here.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by sexzskil(f): 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mclick: Nigerians are higher flyers, giving right environment, and level playing ground, even the dumb will should capacity and results too. How I pray Nigeria becomes a place where, things are done rightly and corruption eliminated, then you we know how blessed we are. For real, the world is afraid of us as we have; the natural resources, human capacities, vigour and strength to over run any power there may be in the world. Hmmmn
for more jokes, send to 1666cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
I knew he'll be yoruba from either Ondo or Ekiti. And his black is original ..shining black with wite teeth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by adconline(m): 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
This is stale news. He has been in this position since August 15, 2012. He's a smart guy and an accomplished administrator. He's the VC of academic affairs and Provost.
http://provost.illinois.edu/about/staff/adesida/index.html

BTW, in the US system, president is equivalent to Naija VC...,VC is not the head of this University, the chancellor is the head of a campus reporting directly to a University president because this university has a lot campuses; each campus is headed by a Chancellor,The chancellor of this great university UIUC is Phyliss M Wise

http://oc.illinois.edu/bio.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by MarieSucre(f): 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
hahahahaha. this got me laughing. I don't know why?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
rattlesnake: If this man should contest for President in Nigeria HE WONT WIN....

Cos the f..ols are majority
Academic excellence is different from public Administration

Congrat to the Prof
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by severee(m): 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
MenGoingThereWay: Come back to Nigeria where they will owe him salary and won't value his intellectual resources

grin you are looking at the bad things what about the good things
-variety of yansh just for mark
-cash stash from extorting the f*ck outta students in the name of selling "handout"
-3 month holidays every year (strike)
- no stress of thinking of changing lecturing techniques just carry your 1960 something student note to class and use it to teach
-license to fail any student you like when you feel like and not get tackled for it

grin always look on the bright side of life
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
adconline: This is stale news. He has been in this position since August 15, 2012. He's a smart guy and an accomplished administrator. He's the VC of academic affairs and Provost.
http://provost.illinois.edu/about/staff/adesida/index.html

BTW, in the US system, president is equivalent to Naija VC...,VC is not the head of this University, the chancellor is the head of a campus reporting directly to a University president because this university has a lot campuses; each campus is headed by a Chancellor,The chancellor of this great university UIUC is Phyliss M Wise

http://oc.illinois.edu/bio.html
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by garrimallam: 2:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
If this man should contest for President in nigeria HE WONT WIN....

Cos the f..ols are majority[/quote]
What make u think he can rule Nigeria? Cos he
Is a professor or vc . U have a myopic lense of nigeria and leadership
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by mrgreen4real(m): 2:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
barcanista: Academic excellence is different from public Administration

Congrat to the Prof
I know some lecturers back in ATBU that were delayed for about six years before they were given their professorship after they were initially qualified. So in in 9geria success is somewhat delayed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by farem: 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
MASAKAR: Congratulations Prof. Adesida
You have made us proud.
For your sedulous work.
You merit National honour.
CFR.

For where? Where Wike and Mbu dey!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by eminikansoso(m): 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
missdebs: ondo, ekiti...states dat hv d highest regards for education n knowledge, ride on sir
Igbo Kwenu grin angry
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Afam4eva(m): 2:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
is this news not old though. i thought i saw this news some years back with this same man in the same school. It was even posted here on Nairaland. that notwithstanding, this is a great feat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Onyiuke Akachukwu Matthew Tackles JAMB On Withheld UTME Result / Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos / Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.