Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? (1270 Views)

Here Are What Guys Need To Let Let Their Woman Know As Much As Possible / How Many Guys Can Do This To Their Love.. / 7 Annoying Habits "Some" Girls Manifest After Saying "YES" To A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Hunty: 12:33am On Sep 25, 2014
I was talking to a female friend and I told her about a girl I asked out and why the girl has not given an answer. She gave me some reasons on what might be stopping/delaying her. One of those reasons is the "friend factor". She said her friends might be discouraging her, showing off their rich boyfriends, blah blah blah...I'm not saying I'm poor, but I'm just d type who doesn't believe in a give and take relationship(I'm not any girl's father). Though little gifts once in a while ain't bad.
My question is why will a girl/lady let her friends decide for her even though she likes the guy. Why can't most girls make decisions on their own and stand by it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by AfricanApple(f): 12:46am On Sep 25, 2014
this is what they call generalization. its only a Lady who is confused and cannot see where her path leads that will let friends decide her love life for her

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 25, 2014
The answer is simple: The average Nigerian girl doesn't know what she wants in a relationship.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Jarchi(m): 5:44am On Sep 25, 2014
I don't need to talk,itz being answered. Close of trend
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Ivanspring(f): 6:25am On Sep 25, 2014
She has inferiority complex combined with a weak will. Dating such a person could be a disaster because her friends can tell her to add some foreign bodies to your food in the bid to make you love her more and she'd do it too. Be careful.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 25, 2014
I don't go for a girl that very close freind, you just need to woo to people at the same time to get her love, its very difficult wooing a girl that have a close freind
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by tosyne2much(m): 7:51am On Sep 25, 2014
Ladies you ppl are jst commenting as if we no knw una... Truth be told, it's a phenomenon that ladies are competitive and challenging in nature.. However, an average lady would want to compete with friends, so a little discouragement by her friends might jst make her feel she dsnt measure up to their standard.. That is the reason why they take whatever their friends say into consideration.. Moreso, their frnds influence play a very important role in reversing their decisions

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by valmunich(m): 7:59am On Sep 25, 2014
AfricanApple: this is what they call generalization. its only a Lady who is confused and cannot see where her path leads that will let friends decide her love life for her
He didn't generalize, didn't you see the 'some' there? undecided
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by AfricanApple(f): 9:02am On Sep 25, 2014
valmunich:
He didn't generalize, didn't you see the 'some' there? undecided
I read it again before saying that, he generalized, he only mentioned 'some' when he was asking why some can't make decisions on their oen
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Henrypraise: 10:59am On Sep 25, 2014
Ivanspring: She has inferiority complex combined with a weak will. Dating such a person could be a disaster because her friends can tell her to add some foreign bodies to your food in the bid to make you love her more and she'd do it too. Be careful.

U said it all, dis is d case of one of my ex, she is actually prettier dan her friends but she let her friends control her life, I willingly let her go, cos I felt I wasn't datin her but her annoyin friend.
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by dmcdad: 11:17am On Sep 25, 2014
AirborneLacer: The answer is simple: The average Nigerian girl doesn't know what she wants in a relationship.
Sadly but true.
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by dmcdad: 11:18am On Sep 25, 2014
AfricanApple: this is what they call generalization. its only a Lady who is confused and cannot see where her path leads that will let friends decide her love life for her
Yeah exactly! The sad thing there is, we have a larger population who fall for this compared to the ones who don't.
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 25, 2014
it takes a matured mind to decide, which many girls are generally lacking.
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by AfricanApple(f): 11:42am On Sep 25, 2014
dmcdad:
Yeah exactly! The sad thing there is, we have a larger population who fall for this compared to the ones who don't.
u are right but come to think of if these women are allowing their friends to decide for them, who is deciding for the one deciding. or is it a case of I decide for u and u decide for me?
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by AfricanApple(f): 11:45am On Sep 25, 2014
2sExy1: it takes a matured mind to decide, which many girls are generally lacking.
but u do know that even with a matured mind, sometimes u have no clue on how to solve a problem when it is overwhelming though that should not make u allow anyone due side for u
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by DiscodeeFUTA(m): 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
simply because most ladies are confused beings!!
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by dmcdad: 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
AfricanApple: u are right but come to think of if these women are allowing their friends to decide for them, who is deciding for the one deciding. or is it a case of I decide for u and u decide for me?

In most cases, the one deciding for the other ain't got direction herself. It's like a blind fellow leading another blind fellow. In some cases they do so for eachother, and in other cases the one who happens to be the instigator gets inspiration from elsewhere.

The thing is, such ladies are susceptible to external influences. There are people who would stick to what they believe or what they think is right or rather what they want rather than what others want for them. Like I would say as always, I don't believe in these sayings; "your environment determines who you are" or "your friends determines who you are" or rather "show me your friend and I will tell you who you are" Now, to some extent these statements are true, but ultimately they don't actually determine who we should be. We choose to be who will wanna be. Unless, that person is not strong willed. And that is where these set of ladies fall under. If you don't have a mind of your own, you will always yield to the mind of others and/or conventional things.

Take for instance, the world (a vast majority of people) believe that men are meant to cheat, and would tend to back it up or justify it with one thing or another. But as a person, I say that is wrong. There is no need to go into details on that. I just had to prove that irrespective of what everyone else thinks, I have my view towards whatever that comes to the fore and I hold strongly to what I believe.

I have very close friends today who are womanisers, love partying(lau lau), go clubbing et al. Yet, these are things I don't even imagine myself doing. (I ain't saying i am a saint here, its just my way of life. Besides, i am a melancholy and as such dont have time for much outdoor activities.) This doesn't mean they don't scold me in their own way every now and then. And of course, if I were someone else then I would have given up on my way of living for theirs.

Now, anyone that would allow itself to be influenced by friends as against their will, then that person doesn't have a mind of its own and if pressured by friends, would allow their friends to decide for them rather than they deciding for themselves.

This is sad, and the sadder thing is, this is very common with lots of people(especially the ladies when it comes to the matters of the heart). If only they would know what they actually want, and stick by it irrespective of the pressures from friends...sad
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Hunty: 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
dmcdad:
I have very close friends today who are womanisers, love partying(lau lau), go clubbing et al. Yet, these are things I don't even imagine myself doing. (I ain't saying i am a saint here, its just my way of life. Besides, i am a melancholy and as such dont have time for much outdoor activities.) This doesn't mean they don't scold me in their own way every now and then. And of course, if I were someone else then I would have given up on my way of living for theirs.

That's it bro. Its all about your self esteem which most people lack.
This girl I'm talking about happens to be prettier than her friends. Why on earth will she allow them decide for her. I'm not sure they are the ones behind her indecision though
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Hunty: 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
AirborneLacer: The answer is simple: The average Nigerian girl doesn't know what she wants in a relationship.

lol..
Funny thing is some girls say that. "...I don't know what I want"
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Hunty: 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2014
Ivanspring: She has inferiority complex combined with a weak will. Dating such a person could be a disaster because her friends can tell her to add some foreign bodies to your food in the bid to make you love her more and she'd do it too. Be careful.

lol you're right.
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hunty:

lol..
Funny thing is some girls say that. "...I don't know what I want"

It's the glaring truth.

I've been with most of them, conducted my researches well, done my surveys and it's all same fact - they are clueless about what they want.

Most of 'em have had their objectives misplaced, all they are left with is to conform - date b'cos everyother girl is dating.

And it only gets worse, when you have the educated ones falling victim to this.
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Hunty: 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
AirborneLacer:

It's the glaring truth.

I've been with most of them, conducted my researches well, done my surveys and it's all same fact - they are clueless about what they want.

Most of 'em have had their objectives misplaced, all they are left with is to conform - date b'cos everyother girl is dating.

And it only gets worse, when you have the educated ones falling victim to this.

What a shame
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by dmcdad: 7:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hunty:

That's it bro. Its all about your self esteem which most people lack.
This girl I'm talking about happens to be prettier than her friends. Why on earth will she allow them decide for her. I'm not sure they are the ones behind her indecision though
Her case is serious... She needs orientation.
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by daryoor(m): 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
how do you feel when you wear out fit and every where you go people commend you including strangers?

every girl wants a guy she can flaunt in front of her friends, the problem is you guys need to upgrade and when you do all the girls willl want to use you to flaunt then you let all the girls that want to use u use u. the u enjoy being used and feel like a love-vendor. smileysmiley
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by PDPblogger: 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Saecula: 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2014

I don't think it's about not knowing what she wants or inferiority complex. The truth is that a lot of things ranging from friends to the society affect our decisions. I can have a girl I don't think is of value and a friend might say ' boy this girl make sense o, it could be beauty, character wise etc. That comment might make me start seeing her in that light. As opposed to when a friend says ' o boy wetin u dey do with dis kain girl'. Its true that I have my life to live and make my decisions, but that comment could have subliminal effect on me which could in turn lead to hatred towards the girl.
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Charles4075(m): 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
Op, because some have fish brain.
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Hunty: 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
Saecula:

I don't think it's about not knowing what she wants or inferiority complex. The truth is that a lot of things ranging from friends to the society affect our decisions. I can have a girl I don't think is of value and a friend might say ' boy this girl make sense o, it could be beauty, character wise etc. That comment might make me start seeing her in that light. As opposed to when a friend says ' o boy wetin u dey do with dis kain girl'. Its true that I have my life to live and make my decisions, but that comment could have subliminal effect on me which could in turn lead to hatred towards the girl.

I'm talking of someone you already have feelings for but u don't wanna have a relationship with cos of your friends. And when a friend makes a derogatory comment on a girl u like, u let him see ur reasons. Developing hatred towards such girl cos of what your friend said means you never liked the girl
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Saecula: 9:10am On Sep 29, 2014
Hunty:

I'm talking of someone you already have feelings for but u don't wanna have a relationship with cos of your friends. And when a friend makes a derogatory comment on a girl u like, u let him see ur reasons. Developing hatred towards such girl cos of what your friend said means you never liked the girl

And who said so. I'm telling you that the effect on the person usually is subliminal. You might start seeing issues where hitherto none existed. You could become impatient and less likely to condone her excesses as you used to. The truth is that one person does not marry in this part of the world. As an Igbo man, you could fall in love with a northern girl only for your people to disapprove of her on the ground of ethnicity. In this case do you think going on with her will be easy. Just imagine several persons making a positive comment about your fiancee as opposed to derogatory one.
Re: Why Do Some Girls Let Their Friends Decide Their Love Life For Them? by Kunleskey(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2014
Bcoz dey don't follow their mind,.,and they don't kn who they love and who loves dem

(1) (Reply)

Help! Am I Under Her Juju??? / Can You Ever Date Your EX Back Again??? / Should You Apologize To An Ex, Even If Years Have Passed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.