Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

To Check Airtime Balance and Access Expiry Date on MTN via SMS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / To Check Airtime Balance and Access Expiry Date on MTN via SMS (28985 Views)

Get Mtn 750mb Free From Mtn Via Imei Tweaking / Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates / How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Check Airtime Balance and Access Expiry Date on MTN via SMS by cushman(m): 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2005
Here's a new way of checking airtime balance and access expiry date on the MTN network:

Send 8 in a text message to 131.

You'll then receive a text message reply with the information.

It's as easy as that and absolutely free!
Re: To Check Airtime Balance and Access Expiry Date on MTN via SMS by Motee(f): 9:15am On Sep 23, 2005
You are right.
Re: To Check Airtime Balance and Access Expiry Date on MTN via SMS by ProfCares(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2005
I know it is free but MTN could be funny sometimes. It has happened to me. Don't be surprised atimes if ur money is being deducted. It is common to MTN.
Re: To Check Airtime Balance and Access Expiry Date on MTN via SMS by cushman(m): 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2005
ProfCares:

I know it is free but MTN could be funny sometimes. It has happened to me. Don't be surprised atimes if your money is being deducted. It is common to MTN.

Yes you're right there too. That's why i never use my MTN line... Its Vmobile or nothing.
Re: To Check Airtime Balance and Access Expiry Date on MTN via SMS by cushman(m): 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2005
Just found out about something else...

If you send 1 to 131, it'll give you another information which i don't know anything about.
Send 2, still another different information
3 , is also another thing
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11....

Different informations. Somebody should please check it out...
Re: To Check Airtime Balance and Access Expiry Date on MTN via SMS by Seun(m): 7:30am On Sep 26, 2005
Why don't you copy the information you got when you sent 1, 2, etc to 131 and paste it here, instead of inviting all the members of the forum to go and waste their money repeating an experiment that you've already conducted?

UPDATE Error on my part, cushman's experiment is not a waste of money because messages sent to 131 are free. apologies!
Re: To Check Airtime Balance and Access Expiry Date on MTN via SMS by Fdeveloper(m): 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2005
What you are referring to is MTN's "Prepaid Menu" service which is an SMS based service that enables subscribers to load a virtual booster and/or migrate between different tariff plans (i.e. Migrate from per minute to per second billing). The SMS is free but there is a charge for migrations and of course for loading a virtual booster. Sending 0 in an SMS to 131 returns the codes for the top level menu options.

(1) (Reply)

Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos / Realme Phones - Let's Discuss / Infinix Hot 6 And Hot 6 Pro Launch Party (live Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.