Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,530 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:21 PM

A Guy's Dilemma - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Guy's Dilemma (1381 Views)

Robber's Dilemma; [complete this story] / The Easy Shopper Series: Niyi's Dilemma / The Night Swimmer Vs Dilemma - Vote For Your Next Update. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Guy's Dilemma by elsieisy(f): 3:22am On Sep 25, 2014
Enjoy this Story, I gurantee you wont be disappointed
Click! Click!! Click!!! and READ

A guy's dilemma 1 - http://www.elsieisy.com/a-guys-dilemma-1/
A Guy's Dilemma 2 - http://www.elsieisy.com/a-guys-dilema-ii/
A Guy's Dilemma 3 - http://www.elsieisy.com/a-guys-dilemma-iii/
A Guy's Dilemma 4 - http://www.elsieisy.com/a-guys-dilemma-vi/
A Guy's Dilemma 5: http://www.elsieisy.com/a-guys-dilemma-v/
A Guy's Dilemma 6: http://www.elsieisy.com/a-guys-dilemma-vi/
A Guy's Dilemma 7: http://www.elsieisy.com/a-guys-dilemma-vii/
A Guy's Dilemma 8: http://www.elsieisy.com/a-guys-dilemma-viii/
A Guy's Dilemma 9: http://www.elsieisy.com/a-guys-dilemma-ix/
A Guy's Dilemma 10: http://www.elsieisy.com/a-guys-dilemma-x/
A Guy's Dilemma 11: http://www.elsieisy.com/a-guys-dilemma-xi/
A Guy's Dilemma FINALE - http://www.elsieisy.com/a-guys-dilemma-xii/

Brought to you by Elsieisy's blog
ENJOY!!!

For the ones who would find it difficult to click the link, i will start posting the story here from tomorrow.
Re: A Guy's Dilemma by elsieisy(f): 9:08am On Sep 26, 2014

Its 6:00am on a Saturday morning…

“Sleep decides to leave me this early i just wonder where it’s going to…*shrugs*

How is today going to be sef? No work at the office today (thank God), No plans, No wedding, No babe to even call my own….. Do I have time for woman wahala? “

“HELL NO!”

And those two words were the first to escape from John’s thought

*He picks up his BB, launches Blackberry messenger, goes through his contacts (friends, foes and monitoring spirits) updates….opens a few display pictures(DP)….searches for Adenike and checks out her DP.*

Adenike is a fairly dark complexion single lady, average height, with a body shape to die for, firm boobs and ass, works with a consulting firm and still a student of one of the tertiary institutions on a part time program. John met her a month ago, and they bonded nicely, exchanged numbers and hooked up for dinner.

“Mehn! This babe is fine, see those eyes, lips…boobs…but pictures can lie sha o. Ahn! Ahn! She is more beautiful than this na. Picture truly lie……….” John gives a long hiss and throws phone on the bed big enough to accommodate two more people…. eyes fixed at the fan and feeling cool with himself.

“But I think I need a steady woman in my life, I miss Betty”. His smile broadens. “Her morning looks, voice, smiles, the sound of her laughter, she is even more pretty without make up….I don’t understand why ladies love all this crayon ish…only for us to swallow colour water in the name of kissing….may we not have cancer o”

“HIAN!”

That happens to be the third word but an exclamation for the morning.

“Betty would have bounced on me, our pillow fights, cut my nails, sex in the kitchen, great breakfast, go see a movie or go to the beach, long hand in hand walk in the evening, Betty really understood me and made me happy”

Suddenly the smile fades away

“But where did I go wrong? Despite all of these she still left me….it’s hard to admit but she left me for that guy…that guy o…what didn’t I do right? What words didn’t I say? Or did I not compliment her enough? Didn’t we go shopping enough? Abi money no reach? “

“Ah! I tried na….mehn No! No! No! Women are No No for me!”

Just after John shouted those words that truly brought him back to reality, his phone rings…………guess who?
Re: A Guy's Dilemma by yorex2011: 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
Dangote grin
Re: A Guy's Dilemma by elsieisy(f): 3:19am On Sep 29, 2014

John looks at the screen of his phone, smiles and picks up

John: Hello Mama!……..

Mum: How are you my dear?

John: I am fine mum, woke up not quite long. How are you mum?

Mum: I am fine too. Have you prayed this morning?

John: Yes mum, I have……*His eyes rolls at his own lies*

Mum: That’s good dear, make sure you always pray. Bawo ni nkan?

John: Mo wa pa mummy

Mum: Bawo ni?

John: Mumie, I am fine, just relaxing.

Mum: Bawo ni?

John: Mum, I will come spend next weekend with you, I know you miss your boy.

Mum: Omo mi….Oro ti aso ni jo si nko? Oro iyawo! Mu iyawo wale fun mi!!!!….. Se owo ni osi ni? Abi o pe l’omokunrin ni?…..

John: Mum please be patient….with time you will meet her. Let’s not rush about this… God’s time is the best you know.

Mum: God! God! God! My son, abi are you impotent? Talk to me. I am your mother….. Se o lese ni? (Can’t you do?)

John: *laughs hysterically* Mummy I will talk to you later…take good care of yourself, I love you…..Bye….

Mum: Ademi…..

John: Bye mum.

Mum: Okay ooo. To ju ara e. And don’t forget what we just talked about. God bless you

John: Amen mami.

Call ends…….

*John still laughing, laughter fades, smile fades, serious straight face sets in……uhmmmm Adenike…..

source - www.elsieisy.com
Re: A Guy's Dilemma by elsieisy(f): 12:18am On Oct 01, 2014

“Adenike…that one will never call sef. Who knows if she has a boyfriend abi boyfriends. All these girls of nowadays can lie jor”

Adenike had a long fun filled night with the girls. They call it “Girls night out”. Had little alcohol, danced, a lot of gist, girls gossips and laughter, little flirting…summarily, she had a fun filled night. Adenike really liked John’s personality, she talked a little about him to her friends but told them she wasn’t sure John liked her that much and she was going to lay low and hope he makes a move real soon.

Blessing, her naughty friend told her to go for him if she really wants him. In her words, she said “This is the 21st century babe, don’t dull abeg. When did you become this timid?” Adenike waved off the advice. “Babe I’ve been there and done that. I need to be sure, if he likes me and if he is man enough, he will reach out and I’ll get the message fast enough. Trust your girl na. She winked and they all laughed.

John had nothing to do for the rest of the day so he decided to clean up the house and do some washing since there was light.In just about an hour or there about, the house cleaning and laundry was done. Many thanks to the washing machine he just bought.

Just as he sat down on the cushion, admiring his job, he suddenly felt a thump in his belly it was then he realized how hungry he was and sensed his tummy would start a riot very soon. He went to his neighbor to get food. John has always seen himself as a very lucky bachelor to have Tastee Fried Chicken as a next compound neighbor.

After treating himself to a delicious fried rice, with vegetable and cat fish for breakfast, he went back home to freshen up and as he was getting ready to plug his TV game console that would engage him all day, his phone rang again.

He picks up..

He picks up..”Guy, how far?” ………..”I dey o”…..”Nothing is happening, just chilling at home. Na game sure pass”……”which wan?”……who and who dey go?…..”time?”….. “Ok make I call you back. Give me 15minutes”

It was John’s friend Jide, telling him of a beach plan including Jide, his girlfriend, his cousin and his cousin’s girlfriend.
John was very interested in going with them to the beach but the thought of him being the single guy going to a beach with 2 couples was really scary.

“Well..inviting Adenike won’t be a bad idea, I pray she doesn’t say No. I have not spoken to her since Monday. I truly hope she says yes”

*He dials Adenike’s number and she picks up.* “Hi handsome” John smiles and replied “Hello beautiful, how are you this morning?” “I’m fine dear, thanks. How are you?” She replies. “I’m doing good” he says.
Just as he was thinking of how to invite her to the beach hang out, she asked “how’s your saturday going?”. He didn’t waste time to shout “boring” she laughed and went “*awww pele dear” without wasting any time, John speaks up “Er….m, My friend called me up to join in a beach hangout. I don’t want to go alone, so I was hoping you don’t have a wedding to attend today.” Adenike, laughing at the wedding statement asked “what if I don’t have a wedding to attend?” “Then you will be my date” John replied. “Hehehehehe! So having a wedding to attend is the only obstacle that can possibly stop me from going to the beach with you?”. “Ok beauty, I’m a gentle man, so I would ask politely. Adenike darling, please be my date to the beach. I know I’m just telling you this bit I really need you by my side today” Adenike already flattered at the use of the word “Need” let all her girlie guard down and simply asked “what time should I be ready?” Where do I pick you up by 1?” John asked. “I would be at the mall by 1. Please don’t keep me waiting. “I sure won’t want you to be stolen away before I get there” they both laughed. “See you soon” John ended the call.

At the beach

After much pleasantries and introductions. There was a general gist that lasted just 30mins and each guy practically faced his babe. John thanked God silently in his heart that Adenike came around. He looked at her and smiled, she smiled back and said “let’s go for a walk” John agreed without hesitation and they both excused themselves.

They walked hand in hand for about 2minutes, enjoying the view and the rhythmic dance of the ocean without saying a word.
“Adenike thinking, Here we are. Walking hand in hand. I really like this guy. God please let him be single, let him accept me for who I am and let him ask the question right now”

” In John’s thought, I’ve been in this lonely zone for too long. I need to get my life back, Betty is definitely happy with him now. Here is Adenike, totally mature and loving, I like her and am sure she likes me too. Come to think of it, no girl will accept going to the beach with a guy at such short notice if they are not dating or she has no feelings for the guy. I should make a move”

John breaks the silence “Nike” “yes dear” she replied. “Can you be my woman?”
Nike gave a shy smile and called out John in a very sexy way. John continued “I’m serious about this Nike. I know we just met but I like your personality and I hope we grow to love each other. That is if you would let us.” Adenike stopped walking, held John’s hand, looked into his eyes and planted a kiss on his chin. “Let’s try” she said. John gave Adenike a bear hug …..
And that was the beginning of a new chapter for John.

Both of them were very open, not assuming, no doubts, great deal of understanding, love , caring and sharing, theirs can be described as 3 months of an almost perfect relationship.

One friday evening, Adenike sends John an SMS which read
“Hi love, hope you had a stress-free day. There’s something I need to talk to you about. Please let me know when we can see”

The tone of the SMS gave John a bit of concern. First, Adenike doesn’t send sms, she either calls or pings. She prefers calling. Then wanting to talk about something?

What could this be? He wondered while dialing Adenike’s number almost immediately. He asked her to come over to his place. She got to his house at about 8pm but there was something very unusual about her look. “No handbag!” Just a purse. John had never seen her without a handbag especially standing at his door at 8pm on a Friday night.

Baby, where’s your travelling bag? He asked. Trying to make a joke out of the scenario but Adenike just gave a shabby smile and he knew something must be wrong.

“Not again! Not again! This was the exact way Betty broke up with me, first it was an SMS of wanting to talk, and also it happened on a Friday night. What have I done wrong this time again?. Why do they choose Fridays? Can’t they just break up with me on a Saturday? Am I cursed? Which kain life be this? I’m finished. I truly have a problem and my mum must hear about this problem.”

John was extremely worried but tried hard not to let it show. He moved closer to Adenike, held her hands and asked what was wrong? Do you need money for something? Is everyone fine at home? Are you pregnant? …..John kept asking series of question hoping his nightmare doesn’t happen again.

No! Not again. Just as she sat half way into the cushion she started talking. “Baby I know how much you care about me, I hate myself for keeping this away from you for so long, I know you’d hate me forever for this, I know you’d not want to set your eyes on me anymore, I din’t mean to hurt you, I should have told you this from the day we had dinner, or maybe at the beach, but I was scared you would walk away. Now I have to face the truth….John I am sorry I lied to you. I really am sorry…but the truth is………

John already devastated
“Where on earth did this curse come from, Mother’s side? Father’s? Choi! Pastor gave some prayer point against curse and I never took it serious. See my life! Which kain life be this?” He had both hands on his head, resting his elbow on his knee and waiting for the good bye gist.

I have a daughter. Her name is Pamilerin, she’s five years old and her dad denied the pregnancy. I was in my 100 Level studying Business studies in Unilag when I got pregnant. I really hurt my parents then but they were supportive after everything. There wasn’t much I could do after he denied the baby than to face the shame and stigma and have my baby. I dropped out of school and then continued my education when Pamilerin clocked 1 but it had to be part time. My parents have been very supportive and I’m eternally grateful to them. As for the father of my child, I never heard from him since then.

John was a bit relieved that Adenike wasn’t walking away after all and that he wasn’t under a curse, he gave Adenike a hug. Adenike was taken aback at his action and remained dumbfounded. John looked into her eyes and said “baby, we are in this together, I want to meet Pamilerin as soon as possible”
Adenike could not believe what was happening, the tears of pain and the fear of rejection that filled her eyes were being replaced with tears of Joy. She held onto John this time around like she wasn’t ready to let go.

After a while she realized it was late and that she needed to go home. She jumped up and was about to take her leave. John pulled her back, holding her waist and planted a seductive kiss on her lips. “Are you leaving your 2nd child lonely tonight?” She giggled and reminded him that she didn’t come with her traveling bag with a great emphasis on the travelling bag.
John looked at the clock and said “Baby you know we could just drive out and get whatever you might need.” Kissing her neck and slowly finding his way under her shirt.
Oh sweety!..That’s tempting but don’t let us start, I didn’t tell mum I won’t be coming home and your Elder sister too.
They both laughed and John had no choice than to accept having a lonely Friday night at least it wasn’t the first.
Elder sis wins! They laugh again. John dropped Adenike off, kissed good night and they both slept like a baby.
John totally didn’t think of the fact that he partially accepted to be a father to another man’s child……..

www.elsieisy.com
Re: A Guy's Dilemma by valmunich(m): 12:28am On Oct 01, 2014
Bookmarked, will read at dawn.
Re: A Guy's Dilemma by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 01, 2014
Abeg, come complete your tori.
Re: A Guy's Dilemma by elsieisy(f): 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2014

Child? Where? How? John? She stuttered.

The look on John’s mum’s face gave Adenike a scare. She was frightened and surprised at the same time as she slowly moved her gaze to John then looked down at the same pace.

John had a fixed unperturbed look directed at his mum, placed his hand on Adenike’s shoulder to pull her close.

“Where is the child?” John’s mum asked, breaking the silence.

“Err…. Her name is Pamilerin ma, she lives with me in my parents’ house”

“And her father?”

“He denied the pregnancy and I haven’t heard from him since then’

“How old is your daughter?”

“She will turn four by march”

“How…………” (John cuts in)

Mummy, Denike is pregnant, she is carrying my baby. We just found out and decided to come back to inform you.

“Iro o!”, exclaimed John”s mum

The news was a bit too much for John’s mum to gulp all together in that short while but she was trying to. She heaved a deep sigh, sat into the cushion still trying to understand her feelings.

“You mean she’s carrying my grandchild?”

“Yes mum.” John replied. And considering the fact that she already had a child in her parent’s house, it won’t be nice for her to have another one in the same house.

Mum I want us to get married as soon as possible. I can get married even next week. All I need is your consent and blessing.”

After 30seconds of silence. John’s mum finally broke the silence.

“My dear, I also got pregnant before my wedding day but there was a difference. I realized I was pregnant after the wedding date had been fixed. But who am I to judge her? I am not God O! I am not saint… Not even close she said throwing her face to the side with a listless expression and she is carrying my grandchild. My prayer has been answered. My son is finally going to settle down and has given me a grandchild. Since you both want to do this, I can only give all the support I can.

John, since today is Saturday, can we go and see Denike’s parents tomorrow just to get acquainted with them, let them know our intention then pick a day to go visit them with your Uncles. You know we need to inform your Uncles at least a week to the visitation day.

I will take out time to inform them myself during the week.”

John nodded in response and affirmation to his mother’s suggestions.

Adenike was already on her knees in gratitude for her mother-in-law’s understanding. She couldn’t ask for a better mother-in-law.

“eh eh eh ….ma se omo mi lese jo, please get up.” Was John’s mum’s response as she pulled her soon to be daughter-in-law up.

It was soon Sunday morning. Adenike was quick to tell her parents about the visitor they would have as soon as she got home the previous night. Her dad asked why the news came in such a short notice but she was quick to tell them John’s mum will be travelling out of the country soon and might stay there a bit longer than usual, so john decided to hasten the wedding preparations before his mum’s departure.

She apologized to them for the short notice but Her parents were a little bit skeptical but would definitely not tell their daughter to turn a potential suitor away.

Adenike’s mode of worship was far different and could literally spell out her joy. Everyone who knew her in church knew there was something extraordinary about her, she danced like she never had during praises, worship wholeheartedly during worship and was the first the attest to every word that came out of the pastor’s mouth during sermon. She was overwhelmed with joy. Most people could only walk up to her to say ‘your joy shall be permanent’, since they were sure it had to be good news.

The service soon came to an end. They all headed back home without staying for any extra church meeting because of the August visitor. As usual, Pamilerin stayed back to play with the Pastor’s daughter which is a regular sunday ritual for her.

As soon as they got back, Adenike and her mum dashed into the kitchen to prepare some food for the visitors. Adenike kept on telling her mum how wonderful, loving and caring John’s mum has been to her. She told her mum that she had always harbored the fear of having a horrible mother-in-law at the back of her mind, but God smiled down on her even when she does not deserve it.

“God takes care of his own in his own way. He has seen all you went through with the pregnancy even though you had most of the fault. But he is a merciful God and has finally smiled down on us.”

Just then, Adenike’s phone rang. She smiled and picked. After a short conversation she informed her mum that they were already on their way and should get to their house in no time.

“Alright dear, food is ready too, so they are welcomed to meet us well.” They both laughed, finished what they had left to do and soon went to freshen up. Just as they settled in the sitting room, they heard the gate open and a car drive in.

It can only be John and his mum. Adenike went out to welcome them.

Adenike led the way, ushered John in, then his mother. They were both introduced to Adenike’s mum and was well settled in when Adenike’s mum went to the room to call on her husband.

She came back to inform them that he would with them in a bit.

Adenike’s dad walks into the sitting room, without anyone noticing due to the chitchat and greeting. He got everyone’s attention when he shouted at the top of his voice with so much fury…..”Yejide Owolabi! What are you doing in my house?

www.elsieisy.com
Re: A Guy's Dilemma by elsieisy(f): 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2014

At a point i stood still in awe and wondered, not. knowing what to do as my mum dash in and out of the kitchen. She sprinkled water on Adenike’s face and Nike blinked.
I was brought back to reality when my mother beckoned on me to come help her place Adenike on the couch. I rushed towards them, raised her up and placed her on the couch.

“The first time i ever fainted was when i found out i was pregnant of Pamilerin, can i be pregnant? I wouldn’t be surprised if i be pregnant this time, because we practically threw caution (protected sex) out of the window after the proposal”. She pondered as she sat quietly.
Mum thought same too, but decided to keep quiet and stay out of the matter. She sat pretty closed to Adenike and tried to make her comfortable.
“Hey, I am Deji, your soon to be best man, sorry they forgot to introduce me. Apology accepted, thank you, you are welcome” Deji said. Trying to be funny with his embrayotic British accent.
He succeeded in making everyone laugh, lunch was served and done. Soon everyone was ready to be on their way home.
As soon as they drove out of the compound, Adenike pleaded with John to drive her to the hospital. She insisted that she needed to know why she fainted.
After a little while in the hospital, the result came out and she was truly pregnant. John was very happy but Adenike wasn’t. She thought of her telling her mum shes pregnant again before marriage and how disappointing that would be after the love and support that has been shown to her in the past despite her mistake.
She told John how she felt about the situation and wouldn’t mind aborting the baby. And that very point it felt like Adenike just activated a bomb. John was so furious. Adenike had never seen in such anger, he was saying so many things at the same time that she couldn’t put the words together; she could feel the pain in his voice and volcanic heat in his actions. He was causing a scene actually and she had to go down on her knees to get John’s attention and calm him down. They resolved to speeding up the marriage plan so that nobody would have to notice the pregnancy before marriage.
He drove right back to his mum’s. As John’s mum saw them drive in, she was really surprised and wondered what must have happened.
She rushed out to the driveway before they got out of the car to find out what had happened but John assured her that nothing was wrong and that they just needed to talk to her about something and that they both need her love and support.
They headed back into the house and settled in. John told his mum about Adenike’s pregnancy. She was overwhelmed with Joy, did some dancing and hugged Adenike. She then sat close to her , since they both were obviously not in the same mood as she is. She then looked at her son and asked, “what is the problem in her being pregnant?”
Before John could answer his mum, Adenike spoke up “Mummy, has John told you i have a child?”
John’s mum gave her son a startled look………

SOURCE - www.elsieisy.com
Re: A Guy's Dilemma by elsieisy(f): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2014

Child? Where? How? John? She stuttered.

The look on John’s mum’s face gave Adenike a scare. She was frightened and surprised at the same time as she slowly moved her gaze to John then looked down at the same pace.

John had a fixed unperturbed look directed at his mum, placed his hand on Adenike’s shoulder to pull her close.

“Where is the child?” John’s mum asked, breaking the silence.

“Err…. Her name is Pamilerin ma, she lives with me in my parents’ house”

“And her father?”

“He denied the pregnancy and I haven’t heard from him since then’

“How old is your daughter?”

“She will turn four by march”

“How…………” (John cuts in)

Mummy, Denike is pregnant, she is carrying my baby. We just found out and decided to come back to inform you.

“Iro o!”, exclaimed John”s mum

The news was a bit too much for John’s mum to gulp all together in that short while but she was trying to. She heaved a deep sigh, sat into the cushion still trying to understand her feelings.

“You mean she’s carrying my grandchild?”

“Yes mum.” John replied. And considering the fact that she already had a child in her parent’s house, it won’t be nice for her to have another one in the same house.

Mum I want us to get married as soon as possible. I can get married even next week. All I need is your consent and blessing.”

After 30seconds of silence. John’s mum finally broke the silence.

“My dear, I also got pregnant before my wedding day but there was a difference. I realized I was pregnant after the wedding date had been fixed. But who am I to judge her? I am not God O! I am not saint… Not even close she said throwing her face to the side with a listless expression and she is carrying my grandchild. My prayer has been answered. My son is finally going to settle down and has given me a grandchild. Since you both want to do this, I can only give all the support I can.

John, since today is Saturday, can we go and see Denike’s parents tomorrow just to get acquainted with them, let them know our intention then pick a day to go visit them with your Uncles. You know we need to inform your Uncles at least a week to the visitation day.

I will take out time to inform them myself during the week.”

John nodded in response and affirmation to his mother’s suggestions.

Adenike was already on her knees in gratitude for her mother-in-law’s understanding. She couldn’t ask for a better mother-in-law.

“eh eh eh ….ma se omo mi lese jo, please get up.” Was John’s mum’s response as she pulled her soon to be daughter-in-law up.

It was soon Sunday morning. Adenike was quick to tell her parents about the visitor they would have as soon as she got home the previous night. Her dad asked why the news came in such a short notice but she was quick to tell them John’s mum will be travelling out of the country soon and might stay there a bit longer than usual, so john decided to hasten the wedding preparations before his mum’s departure.

She apologized to them for the short notice but Her parents were a little bit skeptical but would definitely not tell their daughter to turn a potential suitor away.

Adenike’s mode of worship was far different and could literally spell out her joy. Everyone who knew her in church knew there was something extraordinary about her, she danced like she never had during praises, worship wholeheartedly during worship and was the first the attest to every word that came out of the pastor’s mouth during sermon. She was overwhelmed with joy. Most people could only walk up to her to say ‘your joy shall be permanent’, since they were sure it had to be good news.

The service soon came to an end. They all headed back home without staying for any extra church meeting because of the August visitor. As usual, Pamilerin stayed back to play with the Pastor’s daughter which is a regular sunday ritual for her.

As soon as they got back, Adenike and her mum dashed into the kitchen to prepare some food for the visitors. Adenike kept on telling her mum how wonderful, loving and caring John’s mum has been to her. She told her mum that she had always harbored the fear of having a horrible mother-in-law at the back of her mind, but God smiled down on her even when she does not deserve it.

“God takes care of his own in his own way. He has seen all you went through with the pregnancy even though you had most of the fault. But he is a merciful God and has finally smiled down on us.”

Just then, Adenike’s phone rang. She smiled and picked. After a short conversation she informed her mum that they were already on their way and should get to their house in no time.

“Alright dear, food is ready too, so they are welcomed to meet us well.” They both laughed, finished what they had left to do and soon went to freshen up. Just as they settled in the sitting room, they heard the gate open and a car drive in.

It can only be John and his mum. Adenike went out to welcome them.

Adenike led the way, ushered John in, then his mother. They were both introduced to Adenike’s mum and was well settled in when Adenike’s mum went to the room to call on her husband.

She came back to inform them that he would with them in a bit.

Adenike’s dad walks into the sitting room, without anyone noticing due to the chitchat and greeting. He got everyone’s attention when he shouted at the top of his voice with so much fury…..”Yejide Owolabi! What are you doing in my house?

Re: A Guy's Dilemma by elsieisy(f): 4:07pm On Oct 20, 2014

Everyone was fully basked in surprise as Adenike’s mum rushed to her husband to calm him down while trying to understand what was going on. Tade wasn’t paying attention to his wife at this point. He was consumed by anger and was trying his best to contain it. John kept shifting his gaze from Adenike’s dad to his own mum.

“Leave this house before I do something I might regret” he yelled in disgust.

“Tade please we can talk about this. Let’s talk things over. It’s not what you think.”

“Think? This is no imagination or perception. I lived through this. Watch your tongue woman”

“I am sorry. I really am. Please we can still talk about it all.”

Everyone kept mute, trying to understand what the issue was as Tade (Adenike’s dad) and Yejide (John’s mum) continued their rambling.

“Talk? Did you say talk? You almost ruined my life. I loved you like I’ve never loved any other. You took away the sunshine I thought was mine. You are the devil herself. Whoever thought the devil is a man has definitely not met you.”

“Can someone tell me what is going on here?” John Shouted to interrupt Tade .

“Ask this woman” he replied, pointing at Yejide. “I suppose she is your mother. I am surprised she didn’t abandon you with your father too to die” Adenike’s dad replied with the same tone.

Ok Ok Ok. Mum, don’t just sit there, say something, whats going on here?” John shouted at his mother.

She started crying and managed to tell her son she can explain.

“Of course mum. There had better been an explanation to this drama on a day like this.” John Snapped.

John’s mum still focused on Tade with so much tears in her eyes ignored her son and spoke up.

“Tade I am sorry. I had to do it. Well, maybe I shouldn’t have but I was left with no choice at all.”

“You had no choice? Because all you ever wanted was comfort. Did you ever think of your daughter? Did you ever look back? And to think you said you loved me. Someone should get this woman out of my house!”

“Tade, please, I am sorry. I know I hurt you. I know what I did can’t be justified. But I need you to forgive me for the sake of our children. Please”

“Forgive? Yes I will forgive if only you can bring back my daughter from the dead. Seems I need to remind you of what you did woman! You abandoned our 2weeks old daughter with me and ran away. You expected me to take care of a 2weeks old baby. How? With which breast? How? Even if you really had to leave me, couldn’t you have thought about our daughter? A child you carried for 9months. How much more insensitive could you be? Olorun” he snapped back with a shrug.

“I thought of her all through, I did. I always think of you both. It haunted me and still haunts me. I knew you would take care of her.”

“Oh wow! Thanks for the vote of confidence, yes I tried my best but my best wasn’t god enough. She died after 1year. I did all I could until one day, I left her with my neighbor to go to work, only for me to be back to the news of my Temidare’s death. She drank a poisonous substance and no one noticed until it was too late. Tell me, if you were there for our daughter, would that have happened? My life shattered when you left and my only source of joy was my daughter and then my life came to a halt when she died.”

“Tade, im sorry. My parents threatened to disown me. They would never have accepted us. They were bent on making our lives a living hell. It was too much for me and I couldn’t take the pressure anymore. I know I was wrong. I know I wronged you. I think of you and my daughter as each day goes by. I have lived in the shadows of my past for too long” Yejide broke down uncontrollably.

Mum, how could you? How? So you married my dad cause of his money? Status? I can’t believe this.He chuckled… To think that “my sister” died of your selfishness. I.. I mean, H… HOW could you? John stammered as he stormed out of the house……..

Re: A Guy's Dilemma by Nobody: 2:04am On Oct 21, 2014
Do you enjoy this story and that of others, are you going to keep on reading and not nominate your best writer for the year...and Writers come and vote your best readers...
The other best thing is that you can vote yourself...
Come on be fast
. Vote at the link below...
https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread

#Nairawriters

(1) (Reply)

Can You Solve This Riddle? / Porn Addiction! / Breaking Loose (a Flash Fiction)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.