Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,762 members, 7,806,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft (35287 Views)

Boko Haram: We Dont Need US War Aircraft Our Witchcraft can take On The Fight. / Summit: Patience Jonathan Denies Blocking Buhari’s Wife / Boko Haram To Get War Aircraft Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by popcykaylah(m): 10:14am On Sep 25, 2014
tinkinjow: There's truth in that story carried by thisday. The US knows how to cover their tracks well so you can never beat them especially in matters of this nature. Very soon you may likely hear the Israelis towing the same lines and those who don't understand these games will foolishly laugh at our military.
One thing is clear, America wanted a situation Nigeria will virtually beg them for assistance or outright intervention in this war. But just like Nigeria continue to surpass their expectations, that isn't happening

but must a whole country in Nigeria smuggle arms with a pastors jet? bros you go school na...

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by cirmuell(m): 10:14am On Sep 25, 2014
rusher14:

You are right.

The Chinook Helicopter they wanted to buy is parked in the backyard of a South African celebrity in Cape Town.

in the meantime the quote from the unnamed Nigerian source: “ They have refused to sell us arms and equipment and even our recent attempt to buy Chinook helicopters, which are manufactured in the US, from the Israelis was blocked, based on unfounded allegations of human rights violations by our troops.
your mumurity no be here. Are you linking the two events? undecided damn shallow thinking.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by dammytosh: 10:15am On Sep 25, 2014
Only in Nigeria will you see people who actually believed US blocked Nigeria from buying arms

This govt can say anything to cover up their cluelessness.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by successking: 10:16am On Sep 25, 2014
From beyond the letters, it's clear that US under Obama's Government hates Nigeria and is doing everything possible to destabilize her, but he will fail.

6 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by major466(m): 10:16am On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

Utter nonsense! This is laughable because South Africa under ANC is one of the few sovereign countries on the continent, with a well defined foreign policy, with a mind of its own - something Nigeria has never been. Nigeria isn't just a western puppet, it's a western slave, with no foreign policy - and that's the truth. But it's just that, it's a slave that no one really cares about.

Topic:

^^^This is just self-explanatory, and the US actually see Nigeria as having any benefit to America's strategic interests, they would've offered American weapons to Nigeria time ago. The fact that Nigeria has no heavy America weapons - apart from those little world war 2 era ships they were about to decommission, and decided to give Nigeria, to save cost - tells you all you need to know.

Also, I just checked, and the Mukhtar Dan’Iyan is right on the money. Israel doesn't use Chinook - it uses Sikorsky CH-53, and I believe they also use V-22 Osprey. So, where did the Israeli link come from? Nigerian leaders!!! grin

Chei!!! Who's this?
You certainly don't know anything about international politics. You think this scandal started now? I don't have time to lecture you because it's very obvious you are completely ignorant of American and South African foreign politics.

4 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by rusher14: 10:18am On Sep 25, 2014
cirmuell: your mumurity no be here. Are you linking the two events? undecided damn shallow thinking.

I don't do insults.

What other events are being referred to here?
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by major466(m): 10:21am On Sep 25, 2014
successking:
From beyond the letters, it's clear that US under Obama's Government hates Nigeria and is doing everything possible to destabilize her, but he will fail.
Actually its not about Barack Obama. It goes beyond that.
The United States foreign policy towards Africa especially Nigeria has been that of Angel/devil phenomenon since time immemorial

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 25, 2014
major466:

Chei!!! Who's this?
You certainly don't know anything about international politics. You think this scandal started now? I don't have time to lecture you because it's very obvious you are completely ignorant of American and South African foreign politics.

Typical airhead. You mean the same South Africa that defied both the US and UK under Mbeki to support Mugabe and Zimbabwe? The same South Africa that's part of the BRICS, and is working with the BRICS' new world economic order against US interests and petrodollar? The same South Africa that questioned US and NATO's excessive bombings of Libya, and the most vocal country on the continent about it? Etc..

How about educate me? grin

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Objektive: 10:21am On Sep 25, 2014
THIS IS THE SPIRIT OF NIGERIA! SEVERAL AFRICAN COUNTRIES LIKE CONGO (BRAZZAVILLE/ KINSHASA ) ETC WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO STAND WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS COUNTRY IN THE PAST 3YEARS WITH THE ACTIVE SUPPORT OF THE USA AND SOME BORN TO RULE ELEMENTS IN NIGERIA.

BY NEXT WEEK THE NIGERIAN ARMY WILL BE ACCUSED OF GENOCIDE AGAINST BOKO HARAM.

THANK GOD THE TERRORIST THAT ARE SURRENDERING ARE NOT BEING KILLED IN ANGER........U WOULD BE SURPRISED TO SEE THE VIDEO IS SAHARA REPORTERS. BEING ON THE SIDE OF BOKO AND EDITING SCENES FOR THEM WHEN THEY ARE KILLED.

NIGERIA WILL SURVIVE THIS ONSLAUGHT...................AND COME OUT STRONGER

Amya: Do anyone really expect the US to outrightly claim they are against our war efforts? They are not dumb!

Most of what this man said in this press release does not really answer the pertinent question of whether or not US will or agreed to sell arms to us. At some point he made it clear he wasn't privy to such information.

So what's the point of the entire press release? They say they always come to the aid of Nigeria when we really need it.

Everyone knows the story of Zmapp.

Everyone knows the story of bring about our girls and how they made it about themselves but didn't do anything to actually bring back the girls. They rode on that story like no tmrw and milked it for all it was worth, but did nada

. Everyone knows about how the US government kept deriding our army and made them out to be incapable of surmounting the boko haram menace even though our army are warriors of west africa who have gone on countless peace keeping missions!

Everyone knows how they insult and poke fun at our government in a bid to distract them for issues they have at hand. And with this all they never did anything to help.

We conquered ebola
We conquered boko haram
We will keep surprising them.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:21am On Sep 25, 2014
tinkinjow: There's truth in that story carried by thisday. The US knows how to cover their tracks well so you can never beat them especially in matters of this nature. Very soon you may likely hear the Israelis towing the same lines and those who don't understand these games will foolishly laugh at our military.
One thing is clear, America wanted a situation Nigeria will virtually beg them for assistance or outright intervention in this war. But just like Nigeria continue to surpass their expectations, that isn't happening
Did you read the OP? Dan said Israel doesn't have the plane.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by popcykaylah(m): 10:22am On Sep 25, 2014
as far as I am concerned ...the Nigerian govt is filled with corruption ...let's assume the US didnt deny selling arms to naija, what if the arms where smuggled into Nigeria successfully and delivered to the wrong hands or boko boys ? Soon its the same set of you guys yabbing US government that will say US are the ones sponsoring boko haram.why on earth will a whole country smuggle arms with a pastor's jet. Gej and his fake pastor are criminals..
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by BlackTechnology: 10:22am On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89:

Nigeria is more than 5 decades behind when it comes to acquiring the knowledge and capital to develop any reliable weapon system.
There are many suppliers, we can always look at other markets

Lets get real please

If the Japanese Koreans Chinese Indians were thinking like you, they won't be were they are today

Your comment exposed you as someone who knows nothing on technology

Technology is all about information and the mind.

The internet textbooks Journals etc are great source of information especially by those who have firsthand knowledge. All we need to do is to use our minds to develop ours base on fundament science engineering technological laws principles ideas etc

For your info

Biafrans developed a rocket that had a longer range compared to similar Soviet protype

All we need to do is to instruct our higher institutions to delve in such areas with the promise of money fame for the lecturers and increased GP for the students

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by obailala(m): 10:23am On Sep 25, 2014
I don't trust the US but that is not to say I trust this our sleazy lying and shameless Nigerian government.

Reading through the report however, the US has not really denied the accusation. The New York media editor's statement that Israel cannot sell what they don't use, that to me isn't really a denial from the US; it's just a smart diversion from the main question.

4 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:23am On Sep 25, 2014
Omen100: I pursed the reading of this epistle to make, so president jonathan told the world that boko haram have so far killed 13,000 Nigerians and he back dated the boko haram crisis to 2005 to make it look like previous governments before him failed to tackle the menace and that he's the only tackling it, this man called jonathan & his handles think they are clever,

hmmm, make I continue 2 read d stori dey go 1st, I go comment when I finish
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by cirmuell(m): 10:25am On Sep 25, 2014
rusher14:

I don't do insults.

sorry 'bout that then.

The failed arms deal and the "blocked attempt" ,don't mix the two.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by 2cato: 10:25am On Sep 25, 2014
Mentcee: Check out my signature! Thad boy has lost it all. Pity him!
you know the guy very well and i believe he is not normal
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89:

Israel do not use those helicopters, the Nigerian official who mentioned it was probably high on early morning gin or meant something else!

I'm guessing that Nigeria perhaps lobbied Israeli arm contractors - to use their influence to see if Boeing can sell Chinook to naija - but it was blocked.

The list of the countries with Chinook is an exclusive league, save for Iran - and Iran got the helicopter and other American weapons it has during the Shah period of the 70s, when Iran was very close to the US - before the Iranian revolution.

Anyway, since Chinook is just a transport helicopter, they might be able to get it if they can lobby through the right channels, and pay tons of money as bribe, to lobby groups. But that's the highest they'll get.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by major466(m): 10:27am On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

Typical airhead. You mean the same South Africa that defied both the US and UK under Mbeki to support Mugabe and Zimbabwe? The same South Africa that's part of the BRICS, and is working with the BRICS' new world economic order against US interests and petrodollar? The same South Africa that questioned US and NATO's excessive bombings of Libya, and the most vocal country on the continent about it? Etc..

Wonderful!! Your comments just showed me that you are completely brainwashed by CNN.

4 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by 2cato: 10:28am On Sep 25, 2014
ferdimako:
Is it by force to sell arms to u?
NO. But why blocking the purchase from another country.

6 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 25, 2014
If my eyes still serve me well, the US embassy representative didn't really deny the story. He merely stated that he's not aware of the actual happening. The fact that the US govrrnment took a step that impinged on the successful import of air crafts from Israel to Nigeria is one thing, whether there is a sinister motive behind this step is another. As far as I am concerned, the US representative only tried to defend the later without categorically stating if the former is true or not. He even went ahead to insinuate that his government would frustrate any effort that does not go down well with its interest. What we do not know is what the interest actually is.

It would not be so unreasonable of me to say that I am suspecting some kind of hidden agenda behind the US activities of recent with respect to the sorry state of things in Nigeria. It is becoming very obvious that the Obama administration do not have the interest of Nigeria at heart but what is even more painful is that we Nigerians have refused to see beyond our misfortune. We always seek avenues to criticise our own even when it is glaring that we are being antagonised for the best interest of some Western country. Someone on this thread said he\she was sure Obama is doing this because Jonathan is corrupt. In as much as our government is bad, tell me, must we always tie our fate to one man. As we do nothing but search for reasons to call our own bad, we are merely dancing to the sad flute played by our friendly rnemy. If Obama cared a bit for Nigeria, we would not need to be told.

And back to the long story up there, America has said nothing. They are just being diplomatic and until we hear from the White House, we might as well say nothing too.

Do have a great day.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 25, 2014
major466:
Wonderful!! Your comments just showed me that you are completely brainwashed by CNN.

Lmao @ brainwashed by CNN.

I reiterate: how about educate me on how South Africa is a western puppet, and why Nigeria is actually free?

At least, I just cited a few examples of how sovereign South Africa is. Another example for you: South Africa's voting pattern at the UN is solely based on South African interests, while Nigeria votes with the US all the time. Another one there for you.

Educate me - I'm waiting.

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by GuyFawkes: 10:32am On Sep 25, 2014
A simple search on Google of the Israeli airforce inventory would confirm they have never had the chinook in their fleet of helicopters. Thisday newspaer is a propaganda wing of the PDP so I wasn't suprised at their moronic article confirmed by some dumb unnamed Nigerian official, I guess some deluded posters must be feather brained to still believe all that balderdash spewed by this clueless administration.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by xwolverine: 10:33am On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

I would say you are spot on in your analysis of the southafrican stance on th yanks, but you need to know that southafrican government would be respected more than ours because of the lack of self respect of our leader who are not pan-africanists. The southafricans have earned their rep by always speaking wi h a clear voice and being professional in their approach. Nigeria on the other hand would not do things the right way, all because of the greed of our politicians, they see everything as a means of making money, without any thought on the repercussions. We Had to rejected during the Ebola scare before we decided to tackle the situation headlong, now we are reaping the benefits.

@shymexx still expecting your response to my reply on the other thread

Shallom

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by M4gunners: 10:34am On Sep 25, 2014
For me US can denie it,but am old enough to know they blocked it are they going to denie that Nigeria didn't ask for the medicine (what is the name again)for EBOLA?They only want nigeria to accept their request to fight BOKO HARAM in return they will pack their Ship and drill all the OIL in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nimen(m): 10:35am On Sep 25, 2014
Soneh:
will read later when I'm done with my exam

Jobless Sonofabi*tch
get a job when you done
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 25, 2014
Did we expect USA to accept that they blocked our purchase ?

The arms exchange treaty, to which US is bound by, is very clear, but USA went underground to block this purchase, while using Amnesty International to polarize our notion of the Nigerian Defense. Although many Nigerians are still very much illiterates, quite a number are savvy enough to understand that USA doesnt mean well for Nigeria. We have defeated Ebola with our pesticide, and we are killing Shekau incarnates with our bow and arrow.

In my life time, I have seen the son of a fisherman become president of Nigeria, and I have also seen a black man become President of America. I will not be surprise if Nigeria becomes world power. Nothing surprises a man with foresight.

Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nimen(m): 10:36am On Sep 25, 2014
vecman22: gej and lies..i jst kwn d Nigeria government was not truthful with this one, let's ask ourself what dose the American govt stand to gain from blocking such deal.... this government is unbelievable.... anyways we will meet at they polls ......

Why would FG lie against United States to save face, were they stupid to know that they'll deny it?

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by cirmuell(m): 10:36am On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89:

Nigeria is more than 5 decades behind when it comes to acquiring the knowledge and capital to develop any reliable weapon system.
There are many suppliers, we can always look at other markets

Lets get real please
the same Nigeria that is in the process of building the first 'made in Africa' Satellite? undecided

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by 4C2215131: 10:36am On Sep 25, 2014
rusher14:

I don't do insults.

Exemplary display of Maturity. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Forwetinnah: 10:38am On Sep 25, 2014
Why wont they deny it...when their reasons for doing so is just malicious and manipulative. Have they ever taken responsibility for the chaos they've created around the world. After saying NO to getting into arms deal with Nigeria, they also had to stop our purchase from Isreal and SA. FG Russia and China are ready to do business, the US government doesn't have a say with them..they are nobody's puppet

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by BlackTechnology: 10:39am On Sep 25, 2014
#InvolveOurHigherInstitutions InWeaponsDevelopment

This is the fastest way to bypass US stranglehold

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 25, 2014
xwolverine:
I would say you are spot on in your analysis of the southafrican stance on th yanks, but you need to know that southafrican government would be respected more than ours because of the lack of self respect of our leader who are not pan-africanists. The southafricans have earned their rep by always speaking wi h a clear voice and being professional in their approach. Nigeria on the other hand would not do things the right way, all because of the greed of our politicians, they see everything as a means of making money, without any thought on the repercussions. We Had to rejected during the Ebola scare before we decided to tackle the situation headlong, now we are reaping the benefits.

@shymexx still expecting your response to my reply on the other thread

Shallom

These folks don't even know that a lot of the bad press the ANC get stems from the Mugabe issue, and how defiant South Africa was. They stuck their necks out - and rode the wave against all odds. I doubt Nigeria would've been able to pull that off in a million years. Don't ever compare the two countries, especially a Nigeria that can't even defend its own interests against western interest. The same reason why they haven't been able to sign the PIB.

I just got on nairaland - I'll reply in a bit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading / Oshiomhole & Wife, Iara At NGE Honour (Photos) / Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.