Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

I Pledge To Nigeria My Country. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Pledge To Nigeria My Country. (619 Views)

Is Buhari's Pledge To Support The Syrian People A Misplaced Priority / Few 'funny Things' About Nigeria - My Country. / Make a Pledge ("I pledge ...") (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Pledge To Nigeria My Country. by Leerikz(m): 10:35am On Sep 25, 2014
I pledge to Nigeria my country, to be faithful, loyal and honest, to serve Nigeria with all my strength, words taken right off from the Nigerian national pledge which 80% of Nigerians have, in one way or the other recited each and every word, but contrary to what we pledge, we are the ones who drag the name of our country to the mud, we heap all blame on our leaders, saying they have caused all our problems, yes i agree we have bad leaders, but we seem to forget that we also partake in the corruption that has eaten deep into the fabric of our society. All classes of people in our beloved country seem to have rubbed their noses in this menace called corruption, ranging from infants to elders, teenagers these days forget their studies and join gangs, some start the so called 'yahoo yahoo' to make quick cash, even the ones who try to face their studies are tempted by every form of 'runs' at all levels ranging from WAEC to POST UTME, university students resolve to sorting in order to make good grades, lecturers act as villains and threaten to fail female students if they don't succumb to their demands, also making it hard for students to pass their courses at the same time. Even after students manage to graduate, employment seems to be granted based on the 'who you know and who knows you policy' because every entrepreneur wants the success of his family members before anyone else. Tribalism seems to be the order of the day in the relationship that exists among our people as people from a particular tribe prove to be antagonistic towards members of other tribes. young men who strive to make a living are tempted to partake in crimes like robbery, kidnapping, ritual killing amongst others to make quick cash. Even religion has become a way to make quick cash as religious leaders have turned 'businessmen', using different methods to sway well-meaning members. virginity is a trait that has become very scarce among youthful girls as they seem to be caught up in the 'heat' in one way or the other. leaders seem to be too busy trying to make their political opponents look bad to cater for our country's needs, embezzling public funds in the process. family members plan evil against one another just because of the success their own family, families are divided immediately a rich father dies as everyone wants a piece of the 'cake'. cooperate outfits devise illegal means to make profit. The rate of divorce is alarming as young couples seem to be too desperate and rush into marriage. The bottom line is: the Nigeria we have today was made by Nigerians themselves and things would only get better when we all decide to straighten our paths, the truth might hurt but we must acknowledge it. Live positively!

(1) (Reply)

Ebola: Nigerian Govt. Advocates Hand-washing, But Won’t Provide Soaps, Sanitizer / Bba-hotshot. Tayo Is A Father! / Fans Blast Kemi Olunloyo For Calling Herself GOD With The Ability To Control Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.