Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? (5270 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding / Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Mattin(m): 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
andromida:

In your own opinion what are the duties of a husband?

A husband should provide the basic necessities of life for the family, e.g money, shelter, clothing etc.
A husband should be a GOOD EXAMPLE, GUIDE, PROTECTOR and PROVIDER.
Much asay
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mattin:

If Boko haram abuse a quran, it doesn't change the fact that they are Muslim of course. Even if they behave as a terrorist afterward, they acted it on the leverage of Islam which support Jihad(holy war). You can't excommunicate them from Islam.
So what are we saying here?
when someone "converts" to a particular religion with the intention of abusing it and hiding behind it just to commit crime, it doesnt make these people part of that religion, you cant claim to be muslim when u use charms to protect yourself from being caught or allow to continue committing crime. Thats exactly what im saying. If a person misuses or abuses feminist ideologies to suit her needs, it doesnt make the person a feminist because they would have lost the whole point of the movement/ideology in itself
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mattin:

Thanks for the dropping by, you actually flowed with trend with no cog in the wheel.
The matter I tried to raise is that; because feminism preach EQUALITY of GENDER, women should not take it for granted or abuse the TEAM WORK being observed by the husband. Like you said, your kids didn't see daddy as a weak fellow because he cook for the family, and you are not taking the help for granted too; which is a commendable approach.
Some women are ready to snap at the husband when any opportunity present itself.
Please always make your husband
and kids happy and don't try feel superior to him or make the kid feel he's weak. God will help you to survive all odds.

I wonder why my sisters down here find it hard to flow with my logical presentation; all they could see is that the OP doesn't know feminism,WTF!

Vivalableue (a Caribbean or African-American) I guess, was even of the opinion that I hyped western too much.
Well, maybe scared of going back to the stone age.lol

Happy Sunday

Sir,

There's a difference between making or not making someone feel superior and allowing someone to be themselves and teamwork. I don't make him feel superior because he isn't superior. I am not concerned in or not making look superior. You see, his pride is in making us as a family happy. He rests on his laurels, he can stand on his own good works and feel the ego or pride that he needs to feel as a man. If a man needs to put other people down and keep them down in order to feel that he is superior or that he's better or the head... there's a problem. It continues as societies and cultures operate to keep the women in a certain position, a system is created to make young boys and the future men grandiose feelings in their head of authority. In teaching someone that their self worth is dependent on their own works and capacities and not on others, they will continue to strive in becoming superior beings.

When I said that I don't make him appear weak, I mean that I don't demean him for doing a traditionally female role. He is a chef, and his specialty is to feed good tasting and healthy food, if not for anyone why not his own kids? Is that not what every parent should do? I make furniture for enjoyment and am a IT consultant, does he demean me for making a coffee table or networking the home's wiring?

At the end of the day, our partnership worked because we take each other as we are, and encourage each other to be the best person we can be. The pride in myself, my self-confidence, my ability to feel like an equal partner is because I enforce that standard in my life FIRST! He was impressed in that because I believe in treating others how I treat myself. Once he applied that in his own life, the need to push others down in order for him to feel superior vanished. It wasn't overnight, but eventually he saw the benefit that true feminism is, equality!

3 Likes

Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Mattin(m): 7:30am On Sep 30, 2014
Mondisweets: when someone "converts" to a particular religion with the intention of abusing it and hiding behind it just to commit crime, it doesnt make these people part of that religion, you cant claim to be muslim when u use charms to protect yourself from being caught or allow to continue committing crime. Thats exactly what im saying. If a person misuses or abuses feminist ideologies to suit her needs, it doesnt make the person a feminist because they would have lost the whole point of the movement/ideology in itself

You may not call the former Muslim but they did it on a LEVERAGE of Islam, if there were not a basis/leverage for them they wouldn't have got the chance to commit atrocities or misuse or abuse the theory. Likewise, there is a BASIS or LEVERAGE for the woman in question, because you can't just act on your own volition or ideology, something must have given you a foundation for it.

BTW, abuse is inevitable in anything.
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Mattin(m): 7:52am On Sep 30, 2014
vivalableue:

Sir,

There's a difference between making or not making someone feel superior and allowing someone to be themselves and teamwork. I don't make him feel superior because he isn't superior. I am not concerned in or not making look superior. You see, his pride is in making us as a family happy. He rests on his laurels, he can stand on his own good works and feel the ego or pride that he needs to feel as a man. If a man needs to put other people down and keep them down in order to feel that he is superior or that he's better or the head... there's a problem. It continues as societies and cultures operate to keep the women in a certain position, a system is created to make young boys and the future men grandiose feelings in their head of authority. In teaching someone that their self worth is dependent on their own works and capacities and not on others, they will continue to strive in becoming superior beings.

When I said that I don't make him appear weak, I mean that I don't demean him for doing a traditionally female role. He is a chef, and his specialty is to feed good tasting and healthy food, if not for anyone why not his own kids? Is that not what every parent should do? I make furniture for enjoyment and am a IT consultant, does he demean me for making a coffee table or networking the home's wiring?

At the end of the day, our partnership worked because we take each other as we are, and encourage each other to be the best person we can be. The pride in myself, my self-confidence, my ability to feel like an equal partner is because I enforce that standard in my life FIRST! He was impressed in that because I believe in treating others how I treat myself. Once he applied that in his own life, the need to push others down in order for him to feel superior vanished. It wasn't overnight, but eventually he saw the benefit that true feminism is, equality!

I laud the way you carry yourself in your home, you are wise, keep it up! . A man does not need to put the rest of the family down so as to feel superior. Once there is a mutual understanding between him and the wife, it would be wrong to make her look or feel inferior.

When EQUALITY is taken for granted or abused from the lady side, on the basis of FEMINISM, then we begin to ask the lady some questions.

Feminism preaches equality, which I agree with, but theory should not be abuse by ladies, because they have gotten a leverage to equate with the husband.
The man is always the head of the family and his should not be rubish for anything.
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Charlesefo: 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
A feminist can never make a good wife. Feminism is an anti family propaganda in d west unknown to d masses. The policies tht favour the women over there is d cause of high rate of family dispute and divorce cases. There is something tht keep me wondering, u never hear or seen the wives of all dis law makers having dispute wit their husband or filing for divorce even wen Bill Clinton cheat on his wife. Do u think dis men re d best husband?I don't think so. Ladies, be careful of wat u wnt. Chat out to ma nigeria women.
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by bukatyne(f): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
I really admire your post

Nothing like letting each party the comfortability of doing what they can do best to build their family up

It is well with your family

vivalableue:

Sir,

Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Acidosis(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
A feminist will make a terrible (bad) wife.

If we must do Church wedding; then we must abide by the rules of the Holy Book.

2 Likes

Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Mattin(m): 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
Charlesefo:
A feminist can never make a good wife. Feminism is an anti family propaganda in d west unknown to d masses. The policies tht favour the women over there is d cause of high rate of family dispute and divorce cases. There is something tht keep me wondering, u never hear or seen the wives of all dis law makers having dispute wit their husband or filing for divorce even wen Bill Clinton cheat on his wife. Do u think dis men re d best husband?I don't think so. Ladies, be careful of wat u wnt. Chat out to ma nigeria women.

Well said, ladies want a 'so called liberation' from the our cultural heritage which should be upheld and respected.
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Mattin(m): 11:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
Acidosis:

Tell them bro!!!
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by SAMBARRY: 11:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gbam.oya take for nailing it hard

In fact the way men are emphasizing on this feminism matter every now and then is becoming boring. Choose the wife that fits into your picture of what your wife should be and stop complicating the world with your vain repetitions and whinning

tatiana009:
Who is a good wife material? Every man is different and so each man would have his own wife material so yes feminist make good wives to men who want that. Chimamanda Adichie is married and there are many men who knowingly choose to marry a feminist because those are the qualities they desire. Some men would die of boredom if they marry a typical wife material by Nigerian standards. My husband tells me that he knew I was the one for him the day I told him I would divorce him if he cheats on me grin he can't stand the typical doormat some Nigerian men want so to each his own. By the way why do so many threads on Nairaland focus on feminists? If you don't like feminists simply avoid marrying one. There is nothing to be worried about, pick the wife material you want grin

3 Likes

Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by SAMBARRY: 12:02am On Oct 07, 2014
Perfect advice but don't forget the preacher has to live up to his statements by starting with putting his pheeneese under control and disposing the lies you've been entertaining yourselves with that all men are polygamous in nature. The holy bible which you made reference to id against it.as a matter of fact it said if your wife is not at peace with you your prayers cannot be answered. Go and read what your Bible well has
Acidosis:

Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by avuekwe(f): 9:35am On Oct 07, 2014
[quote author=true45 post=26620038]Am definitely in support of equal right, I hope to improve it more in the country.
As a feminist I believe you to be a matured mind that knows what you want and fight for it, so also should be matured to know the role you play as a wife so in my opinion "Yes" they most definitely can be wife material. "some may want to claim" just make to remind her you still the one with the missing rib

Am definitely in support of equal right, I hope to improve it more in the country.
As a feminist I believe you to be a matured mind that knows what you want and fight for it, so also should be matured to know the role you play as a wife so in my opinion "Yes" they most definitely can be wife material. "some may want to claim" just make to remind her you still the one with the missing rib

grin

Please , are you married. My ex needs to meet with you and learn a thing or two from you. God bless you
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by avuekwe(f): 9:42am On Oct 07, 2014
vivalableue:

Sir,

The problem I see in your response is highlighted. You give the west way too much credit as well. In many western countries, women still fight to get things like equal salary, etc. The crux that I love about feminism is that the definition itself includes the uplifting of both genders, equally. That means that you as a man, are also encouraged to break boundaries and social norms when it comes to being a man. It means that you have the chance to experience things that were previously forbidden to you as man. For example, shedding tears (if you didn't need to cry then why were you created with tear ducts?).

Now the problem, as I highlighted earlier is this, you are equating womanhood with marriage. Now, I do understand that marriage is an important right of passage in the life of adults, both male and female. In fact, as a half Punjabi woman, I do understand the strong pulls of my society to be married in order to enjoy the status of full womanhood. However, I choose to renounce that on the grounds that marriage doesn't make me less of who I already am. Maybe in the past, things were different. But, right now, I am responsible for myself, the taxes I pay, the children I bore, bills, everything is my responsibility. If I were to be married, the situation wouldn't change except for the fact that my husband is responsible for me, and I will be responsible for him as well.

Your original question is that in my mind, I envision that a feminist would naturally make a better wife. Why? Because she is interested in the equal voice of both partners be heard in the marriage. The man can have the opportunity to be himself and be cherished for it, and the wife will have the same chance. No one would relegate each other for certain trad. roles either. For example, the father of my children is a chef. He preferred to cook every meal we had. I personally, didn't mind, because he was a slob and I tackled the cleaning of the house. Did I make him feel like a "woman" for doing this thing he preferred? No way! Besides, once a week, I treated him to a meal as well, and he tackled the house work when I was at work too. My kids don't think that daddy is a weak fellow, in fact, he's as a strongwilled as they come. He just enjoyed the fact that I allowed him to be himself, with no judgement. I personally, love to build things with my hands (carpentry) and I work in IT. I own the power drill in the house. And it suits us just fine, and our culture is still preserved because we observe the traditional holidays, family events etc. We sometimes put our own spin on things, but at the end of the day, the level of stress is very minimal.

Hey sister, can I give u a big hug? I'm so much in love with your write up. You just gave me the extra boost to continue to be myself.
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 07, 2014
[quote author=avuekwe post=26933749][/quote]

No dear still single
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Mattin(m): 3:26am On Dec 04, 2014
bukatyne:

And why should you push your wife around?

Your post is based on the following premises:

1.That women can be pushed around by their hubbies and they have no right to say no

2. Headship as stated in the Bible is a position of authority where he is not accountable to anybody

3. There is a special respect reserved for the husband alone

All these are faulty from a Christian POV.

You can use culture to support your points anyways

I based my premises on the tenets of culture and christianity BUT even looking away from that, when Feminism preaches Equality of Gender and along line, the wife starts to see herself as an entity who feels her own Egoism needs to be rated high OR is superior to the husband.
Answer this
When a woman runs her ministry on the guise of Feminism and begins to see herself as superior and not being submissive to the husband, what wouls you call the cause of this attitude?
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by kozaic(f): 4:16am On Dec 04, 2014
Mattin:

When a woman begins to see herself as superior or not ready to take instruction from the husband as a result of what feminism theory might postulate, which our culture will not agree to the wife being bossy at home. A woman is suppose to rule under the affairs of her husban; culture wise.

Let's be factual here; most typical African women cannot manage this feminism they tend to lust after, because when they get hold of power they see it as avenue to manipulate men by all means.

I agree that feminism brought about some form liberation to the women folks but it should not override what our culture stands for that: men are the head of the family and various key roles in our society.
Feminism and our cultural values in this part of the world is just a way apart.

I am well informed that most ladies and feminist apologist will never flow with this, but our culture will never go into extinction.
NB: I'm a typical culture man and a Christian.

Mr matin.
Its quite laughable and disheartening that your argument is full of sh.itty contradictions...

Just be as blunt and straightforward by saying
"I was brought up seeing myself better than a woman not because it has been proven but because I posses a rod called pe.nis...I want a woman or mayb my wife to listen and respect me not because I earn it but because a person otherwise known as a woman needs to be under my tutelage because she has no pe.nis...

What feminism advocates for is not a barricade of war but a joint consensus where an opinion is chosen not because the person is a custodian of a Rod buh because the idea holds water and the contributor either male or female is a human..

Mr matin..

I put it to u that being a leader is a position earned and nt acquired by the sole reason of being called a man..

Cocandy..
I love ur arguement.

1 Like

Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by bukatyne(f): 10:05am On Dec 04, 2014
Mattin:

I based my premises on the tenets of culture and christianity BUT even looking away from that, when Feminism preaches Equality of Gender and along line, the wife starts to see herself as an entity who feels her own Egoism needs to be rated high OR is superior to the husband.
Answer this
When a woman runs her ministry on the guise of Feminism and begins to see herself as superior and not being submissive to the husband, what wouls you call the cause of this attitude?

I think it is a Nigerian problem to be above or below someone; there are no colleagues or middle ground anywhere

What has equality got to do with submission? Everyone submits one way or the other grin

What really is your problem with equality?

1 Like

Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by lilmax(m): 11:22am On Dec 04, 2014
Why should I marry a woman that will tell me I am not the head?
A woman that will teach my daughter she is equal to a man but forbids a woman proposing to a man?
A woman that claim she's equal to a man but still accept brideprice payment
The fact is I can't deal with hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by bukatyne(f): 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
Mattin:

I laud the way you carry yourself in your home, you are wise, keep it up! . A man does not need to put the rest of the family down so as to feel superior. Once there is a mutual understanding between him and the wife, it would be wrong to make her look or feel inferior.

When EQUALITY is taken for granted or abused from the lady side, on the basis of FEMINISM, then we begin to ask the lady some questions.

Feminism preaches equality, which I agree with, but theory should not be abuse by ladies, because they have gotten a leverage to equate with the husband.

The man is always the head of the family and his should not be rubish for anything.

Feminism is NOT the basis of abuse by ladies

Tenk cheesy
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Misogynist2014(m): 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
Feminist? Yes, I love the idea of 50:50 in a relationship, it gives you the opportunity of conserving your money, out of which you can easily employ a temporary (at specific time e.g 2:5 pm daily) house help to do the over hyped house chores, instead of spending your life savings on a passive element. smiley
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Misogynist2014(m): 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
bukatyne:

Tenk cheesy
I have 5 wives and we practice equality. smiley
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Misogynist2014(m): 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Gbam.oya take for nailing it hard

In fact the way men are emphasizing on this feminism matter every now and then is becoming boring. Choose the wife that fits into your picture of what your wife should be and stop complicating the world with your vain repetitions and whinning

Gambari, don't mind them jaws. They are scared of equality while am able to practice it with my wives. cry
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Mattin(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
kozaic:

Mr matin.
Its quite laughable and disheartening that your argument is full of sh.itty contradictions...

Just be as blunt and straightforward by saying
"I was brought up seeing myself better than a woman not because it has been proven but because I posses a rod called pe.nis...I want a woman or mayb my wife to listen and respect me not because I earn it but because a person otherwise known as a woman needs to be under my tutelage because she has no pe.nis...

What feminism advocates for is not a barricade of war but a joint consensus where an opinion is chosen not because the person is a custodian of a Rod buh because the idea holds water and the contributor either male or female is a human..

Mr matin..

I put it to u that being a leader is a position earned and nt acquired by the sole reason of being called a man..

Cocandy..
I love ur arguement.

You can choose what to believe or flow with. My take is; Feminism has more negative side to our culture and belief system than positive.

Try and induce some courtesy and minimize your attitude when replying to a counter opinion. After all, everyone is entitle to his or her opinion.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Mattin(m): 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
bukatyne:

Tenk cheesy
...but it(feminism) has its own quota to it, if not 70%.
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Mattin(m): 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
lilmax:
Why should I marry a woman that will tell me I am not the head?
A woman that will teach my daughter she is equal to a man but forbids a woman proposing to a man?
A woman that claim she's equal to a man but still accept brideprice payment
The fact is I can't deal with hypocrisy

Tell them!
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by taiwoti(m): 11:40am On Dec 06, 2014
There is nothing like feminism but equal right, all those claiming feminism are confused like the DEVIL.

The Equal Rights Movements wanted things such as the right
to vote and more equality in the work force, a law against
domestic violence, maternity leave, equal pay and a law
against intimate harassment and intimate violence.
Feminism is a movement started by men hating, lazy, angry
and demonic women.(sorry I'm loose with words
sometimes). Feminism arose from the extreme frustrations of
women who wanted additional and unnecessary freedoms
like abortion, etc.
Ever wondered why Woman A's feminism is not always
Woman B's feminism?? That is because they confuse equal
right movement with feminism.
I hate feminism because it has failed to acknowledgment that
there is any inequality that oppresses men, and they are hell
bent on keeping this oppression.
I hate feminism because they tend to want equality only when
it benefits them. Their money is their money but their
husbands money is for the two of them yet they claim
equality. To hit a woman is wrong but to hit a man is self
defense.
I hate feminism because they actively seek to overthrow any
vestige of male dominance in society, to the point of
opposing the biblical roles of husbands and wives, defending
abortionon demand, and promoting lesbianism.
I hate feminism because it is based in arrogance, and it is the
opposite of the call to the born-again believer to be a servant.
I hate feminsim because they are breaking up the traditional
role of the woman in a family and society. It also causes
confusion among men and women as to where they stand in
the family that's why you hear people say my husband is the
head and I'm the neck. I could go on and on but lemme stop
here.
To The Christian Feminist. Please think twice. Feminism is
from the pit of hell. God outlines the roles of women and
men as different but equally as important. He created us
different physically, emotionally. Men and women can never
be equal. You can say 2 + 2 = 5 if you want to, but the truth is
intolerant... 2 + 2 will always equal 4. Don't allow end time
teachers to tell you otherwise.
While equal right movement is fighting for all of us, Feminist
is attacking men, marriage and promoting lesbianism and
being single.
The tussle for power in marriage is completely unnecessary.
And before you start thinking that Tallesty likes to oppress
women, lemme clear you. NO he doesn't. Tallesty believes in
equality as much as anyone, but WITHIN the teachings of the
Word of God.
It is sin in the heart that causes inequality. It is sin that causes
men to treat women in ways that are meant to demean or
objectify them. And it is sin that seeks counterfeit solutions to
counteract these inequalities. The only true cure for
inequality is obedience to God’s Word. If men and women
would walk in obedience to God’s Word then their won't be a
need to for feminism or equal right movement.

Not my word, but courtesy of a nairalander. And its indeed wise.
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by Mattin(m): 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
taiwoti:
There is nothing like feminism but equal right, all those claiming feminism are confused like the DEVIL.

The Equal Rights Movements wanted things such as the right
to vote and more equality in the work force, a law against
domestic violence, maternity leave, equal pay and a law
against intimate harassment and intimate violence.
Feminism is a movement started by men hating, lazy, angry
and demonic women.(sorry I'm loose with words
sometimes). Feminism arose from the extreme frustrations of
women who wanted additional and unnecessary freedoms
like abortion, etc.
Ever wondered why Woman A's feminism is not always
Woman B's feminism?? That is because they confuse equal
right movement with feminism.
I hate feminism because it has failed to acknowledgment that
there is any inequality that oppresses men, and they are hell
bent on keeping this oppression.
I hate feminism because they tend to want equality only when
it benefits them. Their money is their money but their
husbands money is for the two of them yet they claim
equality. To hit a woman is wrong but to hit a man is self
defense.
I hate feminism because they actively seek to overthrow any
vestige of male dominance in society, to the point of
opposing the biblical roles of husbands and wives, defending
abortionon demand, and promoting lesbianism.
I hate feminism because it is based in arrogance, and it is the
opposite of the call to the born-again believer to be a servant.
I hate feminsim because they are breaking up the traditional
role of the woman in a family and society. It also causes
confusion among men and women as to where they stand in
the family that's why you hear people say my husband is the
head and I'm the neck. I could go on and on but lemme stop
here.
To The Christian Feminist. Please think twice. Feminism is
from the pit of hell. God outlines the roles of women and
men as different but equally as important. He created us
different physically, emotionally. Men and women can never
be equal. You can say 2 + 2 = 5 if you want to, but the truth is
intolerant... 2 + 2 will always equal 4. Don't allow end time
teachers to tell you otherwise.
While equal right movement is fighting for all of us, Feminist
is attacking men, marriage and promoting lesbianism and
being single.
The tussle for power in marriage is completely unnecessary.
And before you start thinking that Tallesty likes to oppress
women, lemme clear you. NO he doesn't. Tallesty believes in
equality as much as anyone, but WITHIN the teachings of the
Word of God.
It is sin in the heart that causes inequality. It is sin that causes
men to treat women in ways that are meant to demean or
objectify them. And it is sin that seeks counterfeit solutions to
counteract these inequalities. The only true cure for
inequality is obedience to God’s Word. If men and women
would walk in obedience to God’s Word then their won't be a
need to for feminism or equal right movement.

Not my word, but courtesy of a nairalander. And its indeed wise.
I can't agree less.
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by LebenNG: 9:28am On Jul 15, 2020

@Highlighted: This is one of those times. Moreover, it's stup1d to relegate ignorance to a specific time period in a human's life; as long as we are not omniscience, we are always going to be ignorant.
Cultural values are created by humans, so naturally they are flawed. Civilized humans tend to improve their culture as they also improve mentally, economically, socially and technologically. When we stopped the killing of twins, did our cultural values diminish? Changing something for the better about our culture does not diminish it, it only makes it better.

We have a culture that values egocentric men over equality. We have a culture as of now, that puts the male child above the female child. We have a culture that promotes our patriarchal society and a culture that makes a wife's needs, dreams, and decisions secondary to that of her husband. Is that the type of culture you want? A culture that elevates one gender over the other?

What really are the principles and values our culture is based on/buttressing?

Are you for real? This is scary. Are you saying that a woman shouldn't think herself equal to a man in the society?? I do not support anything that uses force, violence or insolence to achieve it's objective. Feminism doesn't support that either. In fact, feminism is against the oppression of the female gender.

Why does a woman need the mentorship or rulership of a man to become whoever she wants to become. Don't you even feel ridiculous and repulsed at the notion you're spouting about?? Why does a woman need mentorship and rulership and a man doesn't?? What does a man possess that makes him qualified to rule and mentor that a woman doesn't possess?
It's only normal that once in a while, couples will differ in opinions. A man's opinion is not superior to that of a woman because on the average, no gender is smarter than the other. Eventually, they'll have to learn to compromise. Her husband's decision also affects her, she has every right to oppose it if she believes it is not in the best interest of their home.

What you have up here is not a wife material, you have perfectly defined a slave. Mr Mattin, if you choose to maintain your sick mentality, you would have to buy yourself a slave.
still the wife material get cheated on.... hahahahaha
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by LebenNG: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2020
Mattin:

Hey Bannanabender, Every culture in the world has its own flaw at one time or the other, but my stand here is: feminism is an intergal part of western culture. Why should I abandon my own value system and start decorating other people's system?
You can bash your culture for all I care but my stand remains; A woman that is submissive is never a slave but respecting the law of nature.

To your last statement, You don't have to be rude or derogatory when voicing a counter opinion.
Thanks
inasmuch as you can not abandone your value systems and traditiins why should youbaccept the White Man God?, why do you leave your village in search of greener pastures in the city despite the ever chorused line of "surplus availability of foid and easy life", inly to go and decorate another person's sytem of worship and doing things. If you are a bibke-believing christian yet you spew this excuse on valueing your so called systems better go back and carry on on your village systems.
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by LebenNG: 9:40am On Jul 15, 2020
cococandy:

May my daughters not meet someone who thinks like this

Iseee!
Besudes who whispered to Mr Mattin, that a woman can be just anything under a man's rulership... he himself will never allow that... after listing up that requirement if a wife material.
Re: Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? by LebenNG: 9:43am On Jul 15, 2020
Mattin:

I will re-emphasize this: Accepting western should not make me a slave to their culture. Human being are meant to improve and grow everyday. We shouldn't be static.
Whatever way I choose to improve myself or environment does not make it superior to me in any way.

BTW, I'm not against feminism and detest any form of gender inequality, I wanna know if feminism has any correlation with our culture; if it is doing more good than bad.
oh really, you fear to be a slave, yet you want a woman slaving for you... i see what you did here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? / Am I About To Make A Wrong Marital Choice / My Sister Has Paper Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.