Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,805 members, 7,798,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View (8887 Views)

My Daughter Was Nearly Molested Yesterday By A Male Teacher! / Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open / Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
edwife:

Sugar?

LOL grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by cococandy(f): 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
Doesn't even apply because I've never seen a man denied a job as a nursery teacher or even a nurse before.
No organization will do that
BABE3: In addition, following this logic, how's this any different from when a woman is denied a job because she may be too "emotional" to handle it? These same feminists come out to cry murder.

Now tables have turned and it's all good in the hood. I'm confused.

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by 1miccza: 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
Chillisauce:

Lol. With the protruding lips. Ewww.

Whose lips?Definitely not my sexy lips,and you ain't got no pics i would have said yours. So who owns those protruding lips?
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by coogar: 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
beeevan:
tongue tongue

beeevan the wise one, would you leave your bouncy baby boy with that friend of yours if she happens to be working in your boy's crèche? cheesy
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by BABE3: 10:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
cococandy:
I doubt anyone with sense will count a woman fiddling with a boy's penis or(sickeningly) sucking on it as giving care.
I'd slug a person who passes such judgment.

The emphasis in my opinions should be laid on giving boys as much sex education as is given to girls.
That prejudice wouldn't exist solely against male offenders if female offenders were reported more often.

The stigmatization didn't just start one day. It started with countless reports and reports of molest cases.I'd bet it would have been balanced stigmatization if boys reported sexzual abuse too as often.

But how will they when no one paid them the same attention when it comes to discussing sexx issues.? They are basically allowed to be 'MEN'.sexxually unhindered and unfettered.

Parents are to blame really.
Maybe men aren't that more sexually aggressive like we are made to believe just that they've been allowed to grow unchecked.

How then do we turn around and blame those who are wary of their 'expected' sexual attitude?
When I was a growing girl,I was taught that getting close to a boy could get me pregnant instantly and ruin my life forever.
Needless to say,I closed my legs very tightly.

I watched my younger brother grow and he wasn't told that getting close to a girl would get the girl pregnant.he wasn't even told to be wary of girls.

Like I said before,we are reaping the results of our double standards.

Eh? cheesy there was a post I read on here a few months ago about a woman that strokes her son's cöck till he cops an erëction. When that woman was challenged , she said "is he not my son?" grin.

So you see why I said for females, everything they do is under "motherly care" and "motherly instinct". Imagine if that woman worked at a daycare; that's how she'd be handling little joysticks on a daily and it'll be counted as caring.

So you do agree with me that men and woman are equally capable of molesting kids? Why then do you feel more comfy with a woman as a care-giver than a man?

3 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by BABE3: 10:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
cococandy: Doesn't even apply because I've never seen a man denied a job as a nursery teacher or even a nurse before.
No organization will do that

But you're indirectly denying him a job. 90% of you here would prefer a female caregiver. Why then would caregiving organizations continue hiring males when they know mothers avoid them?

Shebi you know about law of demand and supply.

2 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by EfemenaXY: 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
jennykadry: Well thank goodness quoted him/her.

This is how people edit post to turn the story around.

Just imagine...
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
1miccza:

Whose lips?Definitely not my sexy lips,and you ain't got no pics i would have said yours. So who owns those protruding lips?

Kai , anty you can lie oh. Which se xy lips? This one wey the kpomo below is divided?

Eh, online se xy lips ke. tongue
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by cococandy(f): 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
BABE3:

Eh? cheesy there was a post I read on here a few months ago about a woman that strokes her son's cöck till he cops an erëction. When that woman was challenged , she said "is he not my son?" grin.

So you see why I said for females everything is under "motherly care" and "motherly instinct". Imagine if that woman worked at a daycare; that's how she'd be handling little joysticks on a daily and it'll be counted as caring.

So you do agree with me that men and woman are equally capable of molesting kids? Why then do you feel more comfy with a woman as a care-giver than a man?
shocked errection for wetin?
That makes me sick to think of it.

As for being more comfortable with a female care-giver,I did say I've gotten to a point where I've learned that I should be probably as much afraid for my son as I would be for my daughter.

So I'm not going to leave anything to chance. Or relax that he's safe because the person is female.from the moment he can talk ,I'll make sure he's fully aware of the name of his private part(no euphemisms) and drum it into him to report should anyone handle him there.(Just like his sister would be told too)

But from their tender age when they can't speak,any daycare they get enroled in must have hidden cameras which parents can have access to at the end of the month.

So that they know for sure how their kids are spending their days. Knowing there's a camera recording everything going on is most likely the only way I'd feel content leaving my son or daughter all day in the hands of another person male or female
Shikena.
BTW as damiso stated there other types of abuse too that are not sexual.

I'm not going to relax on my kids issues(when they do come smiley )
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by 1miccza: 11:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
Chillisauce:

Kai , anty you can lie oh. Which se xy lips? This one wey the kpomo below is divided?

Eh, online se xy lips ke. tongue

Which pishure you dey look Obj own??Anty ke?? Ko jo o rara,my lips are not even close to a kpomo abi na your own you dey look when you dey talk am??
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
1miccza:

Which pishure you dey look Obj own??Anty ke?? Ko jo o rara,my lips are not even close to a kpomo abi na your own you dey look when you dey talk am??

Is your own jor, Abi na ya girlfriend own? only people with protruding lips do the *yimu* very well. And you did it twice.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by 1miccza: 11:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
Chillisauce:

Is your own jor, Abi na ya girlfriend own? only people with protruding lips do the *yimu* very well. And you did it twice.

Then you also have ete pomo cos you followed suit too,what has imu and lips got in common??My girlfriend?? *In an innocent voice* A yam single oo,don't spoy me ooo
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by cococandy(f): 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
But I don't see that happening.
At the very least the male care givers can care for the male kids while the female care givers care for the female kids.
BABE3:

But you're indirectly denying him a job. 90% of you here would prefer a female caregiver. Why then would caregiving organizations continue hiring males when they know mothers avoid them?

Shebi you know about law of demand and supply.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by EfemenaXY: 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2014
cococandy: But I don't see that happening.
At the very least the male care givers can care for the male kids while the female care givers care for the female kids.

Why?

For that young age, male carers shouldn't even enter the picture. With regards to child molestation, let's face facts and call a spade a spade.

The damage an older man can do to a very young girl (ssexually) is incomparable the other way round. We're talking p enetrative violation here. How does that compare with the reverse scenario? Additionally, how many known / reported cases of female-to-male child sex abuse do we have compared to the more common male-to-female sex abuse cases?

Let's bring it closer to home - Naija.

Note: I'm not downplaying either scenarios, but how many instances have we read of male teachers ssexually violating young girls in their care, compared to women doing the same to boys?

Let's get frank here, abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by cococandy(f): 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
That my post says the male care givers care for the males while the females care for the female kids.

Maybe you meant to quote someone else.

Meanwhile I dey gbadun the reply.
And no we are not down playing male children's abuse as insignificant.just calling a spade a spade.

Oh wait now I get you. You're saying they shouldn't even be in the system at all even if it's to care for male kids?
Ha. That's harsh na.
EfemenaXY:

Why?

For that young age, male carers shouldn't even enter the picture. With regards to child molestation, let's face facts and call a spade a spade.

The damage an older man can do to a very young girl (ssexually) is incomparable the other way round. We're talking p enetrative violation here. How does that compare with the reverse scenario? Additionally, how many known / reported cases of female-to-male child sex abuse do we have compared to the more common male-to-female sex abuse cases?

Let's bring it closer to home - Naija.

Note: I'm not downplaying either scenarios, but how many instances have we read of male teachers ssexually violating young girls in their care, compared to women doing the same to boys?

Let's get franks here, abeg.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Stillfire: 11:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
EfemenaXY:

What's so funny? undecided

Anyway, I refuse to use my kids for some sort of "social experiment" as a leverage for political correctness.

As the male "workers" move in, I move my kids out ASAP. angry angry

The way you said it was funny to me.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by EfemenaXY: 11:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
cococandy: That my post says the male care givers care for the males while the females care for the female kids.

Maybe you meant to quote someone else.

Meanwhile I dey gbadun the reply.
And no we are not down playing male children's abuse as insignificant.just calling a spade a spade.

Oh wait now I get you. You're saying they shouldn't even be in the system at all even if it's to care for male kids?
Ha. That's harsh na.

Exactly my point!

What they can do to girls, they can do to little boys too (back passage). It's not uncommon. A male pervert will always get his kicks, irrespective of the sex of the child in his care.

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by cococandy(f): 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ok
EfemenaXY:

Exactly my point!

What they can do to girls, they can do to little boys too (back passage). It's not uncommon. A male pervert will always get his kicks, irrespective of the sex of the child in his care.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by damiso(f): 12:00am On Sep 27, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Yes, yes, I know all about the sterotyping and pitiful pay.

But we're talking 21st century progress. Just as you have all female staff nurseries, why would you find it difficult to send your little one to an all male nursery?

Afterall, it's just a job like any other out there, or isn't it?

Because like I said earlier when I was told my daughters teacher was male, I believed due to stereotypes( Mr Noonan proved me wrong) that women are better caregivers to very young children.But now I am more open to a male/female mix if they are qualified,well trained and thoroughly screened to be in that job.My scepticism was not 100% based on potential abuse I just thought it odd that a man was a nursery teacher. like I said earlier abuse comes in various forms and female care givers have been known to abuse lil children that can't speak as well.

We can't just assume EVERY single male who is not related to our child might be a potential molester and EVERY woman might not be.Those male molesters too actually have female children as relations and some children are abused by their own fathers.Studies have even shown that most children are often molested by a family member.Like I said earlier one of the worst child s.ex offenders in UK history was a woman with 5 children of her own.She was not just doing stuff to them she was selling their pictures to paedo.phile rings all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by EfemenaXY: 12:14am On Sep 27, 2014
damiso:
Because like I said earlier when I was told my daughters teacher was male, I believed due to stereotypes( Mr Noonan proved me wrong) that women are better caregivers to very young children.But now I am more open to a male/female mix if they are qualified,well trained and thoroughly screened to be in that job.My scepticism was not 100% based on potential abuse I just thought it odd that a man was a nursery teacher. like I said earlier abuse comes in various forms and female care givers have been known to abuse lil children that can't speak as well.
We can't just assume EVERY single male who is not related to our child might be a potential molester and EVERY woman might not be.Those male molesters too actually have female children as relations and some children are abused by their own fathers.Studies have even shown that most children are often molested by a family member.Like I said earlier one of the worst child s.ex offenders in UK history was a woman with 5 children of her own.She was not just doing stuff to them she was selling their pictures to paedo.phile rings all over the world.

Yes, I got all of that in your earlier post.

Okay, let me redefine my question: If you could turn back the clock, knowing what you know now - would you have any reservations sending your six month old baby to an all-male nursery?

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 27, 2014
I thought I just saw Ileobatojo a second ago?? Where did she disappear to? angry
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 2:59am On Sep 27, 2014
I wouldn't take any child of mine to a "day-school" until such a time as he/she is capable of speech, and perfectly confident in using the restroom solo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by kandiikane(m): 4:24am On Sep 27, 2014
EfemenaXY:

, I'm not bothered about them having male teachers at higher levels (preferably secondary and above) . But at nursery level?

No.

What I would do? Seriously reconsider if that is the best place / school for my daughter to be at that point in time. This is where the onus is on prospective parents to carry out thorough background checks comes into play before handing over your precious little one to strangers. Would you believe me if I told you that I not only checked the OFSTED report going back for the past five years, for over twenty nursery schools, for my daughter? I also went there in person with her and her brothers & dad to get a proper "feel" of the place, staff, etc.

Think about it. Most nursery schools take kids from 3 months old. Would you in all honesty feel comfortable for a strange man to wipe/clean your baby's / daughter's bum? And change her soiled nappy?

Seriously.

But you are ok with a strange woman wiping your daughter's or son's bum?

I hope You know sex.ual perversion and pedophilia is not gender based.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by kandiikane(m): 4:43am On Sep 27, 2014
hydeka: On the issue of molestation, it is not only men that are guilty. Women too are capable of that but men seem to have scored more points in that regard from what we see and hear around us.
The reason why you hear more about male molestation is because we do not want to accept that women are also very much capable of abusing kids as much as men. We deny it and it gets buried and you never hear it.

I believe it is ignorance for one to feel like a male kindergarten teacher will be perving on your child whilst a woman won't. These are probably the same people who preach gender equality yet fail to see the whole point behind it. Due to this ignorance we are putting limitations and probably creating stereotypes for the few who are working in that field.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by vikel2104: 5:02am On Sep 27, 2014
Hey guys sorry this reply is coming a little late, I've been offline for a while. I edited the topic because I think people misunderstood what I meant earlier. I guess different schools have different meanings when they say nursery. In most of the schools I know daycare is different from nursery. For instance the people I know start nursery school from around 3 yrs of age. Greatgod even thought what I was refering to included primary school as I noticed in her first comment but decided to let the discussion proceed a little bit to clear up my suspicion. Read our discussion on page 1 This was my reply to Greatgod's post.
vikel2104: Greatgod2012, I actually meant nursery school that is before primary 1. I think you misunderstood it. I was suprised when you said you've seen 15. You might want to edit your initial post to clear that up. I'll try to make it clear in my original post so that people don't get confused again
I edited the original post at around 9.52am yesterday when this topic was on page 1 and there were just about 40 comments. I thought people would notice it. This confusion came from the way schools are structured in different localities/countries. EfemenaXY, Chillisauce, jennykadry, cococandy and everyone concerned, I apologize (on my knees embarassed embarassed ). I have reverted back to the original post since the discussion has progressed in this direction. Sorry once again. I take all the blame for not been clear enough from the outset. Thank you for your contributions.

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by damiso(f): 6:21am On Sep 27, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Yes, I got all of that in your earlier post.

Okay, let me redefine my question: If you could turn back the clock, knowing what you know now - would you have any reservations sending your six month old baby to an all-male nursery?

Efe you are trying to take this argument waaaay off by emphasising on All male nursery which in most cases is an outlier.I have admitted that I might find it a bit uncomfortable but my point is I am NOW not averse with there being males working in childcare and so if my daughter (or son )was in a nursery that had male staff where I feel adequate child protection measures are in place i would be ok with it and not withdraw them.

My point on this thread has been if we are to believe EVERY MALE not related to our child might be a potential abuser why are we so sure EVERY FEMALE might not be? In my opinion I think ALL child abusers regardless of actions( actual penetratration or playing with a little boys genitals ) are despicable.

And yes I do have motherly instinct. wink I would fight with all that is in me to protect my child.

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by beeevan: 7:03am On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

beeevan the wise one, would you leave your bouncy baby boy with that friend of yours if she happens to be working in your boy's crèche? cheesy

Coogar hapum aka biko tongue
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by EfemenaXY: 7:27am On Sep 27, 2014
damiso:
Efe you are trying to take this argument waaaay off by emphasising on All male nursery which in most cases is an outlier.I have admitted that I might find it a bit uncomfortable but my point is I am NOW not averse with there being males working in childcare and so if my daughter (or son )was in a nursery that had male staff where I feel adequate child protection measures are in place i would be ok with it and not withdraw them.

Sorry, I beg to differ. Emphasizing an all-male staffed nursery is certainly not an outlier. If the most "suitable" candidates applying for a job happen to be all males, then what's the problem? Why should it be viewed any different from those that have the odd, lone, male worker there?

I'm pushing the boundaries of "acceptance", or rather, I'm keen to see how far proponents of men working with very young, vulnerable, and extremely dependable kids (3 months - 3 years) are willing to go.

It's either you're totally for it or against it - no half measures here. But yeah, I think I get you now:

You aren't adverse to sending your baby to an all-male staffed nursery (8:00a.m - 6:00p.m, Mon - Fri), even though you might still find it uncomfortable.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 27, 2014
I'm surprised folks are taking sides here.
As a matter of fact,I wouldn't be comfy around any at all. If I may hv my way, home schooling till primary school is d best.
But I know that's not possible cheesy

Then again, we don't know d things females can do. Don't ever vouch for anybody except urself.

Let's conduct a poll here and u guys will be so shocked that lots of men here were disvirgined by adult females when they were young.
Also lots of lesbo relationships started from that tender age. This is fact.
U guys should get involved in counselling groups in ur various churches/mosques and neborhood to see facts.
I don't absolve men in this case but more damages are done by female cos society/mothers overlook them afterall they r not harmful.

Again, never ever vouch for anybody. Even ur sister living with u.
Tenks kiss

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by damiso(f): 8:15am On Sep 27, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Sorry, I beg to differ. Emphasizing an all-male staffed nursery is certainly not an outlier. If the most "suitable" candidates applying for a job happen to be all males, then what's the problem? Why should it be viewed any different from those that have the odd, lone, male worker there?

I'm pushing the boundaries of "acceptance", or rather, I'm keen to see how far proponents of men working with very young, vulnerable, and extremely dependable kids (3 months - 3 years) are willing to go.

It's either you're totally for it or against it - no half measures here. But yeah, I think I get you now:

You aren't adverse to sending your baby to an all-male staffed nursery (8:00a.m - 6:00p.m, Mon - Fri), even though you might still find it uncomfortable.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ok..we all view things differently and that's what makes life interesting.You know my point was more about us being scared that male child care workers being likely child abusers while there is a higher likelihood that women will not be but it's all good.

Can I ask you also what of male neo-natal nurses? I know parents are often around a lot with preterm babies but the parents do go home sometimes and some pre-term babies can be in hospital for up to a year. Would you take the child out if as you were leaving your 6 month old baby one night a male neo-natal nurse signed in for a night shift?

4 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Sagamite(m): 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Some people don't feel comfortable with this idea.
They don't like the idea of males touching a girl's private parts (to clean it) or worry about child abuse.

They might not be comfortable but that should not be grounds to say someone who is interested and capable in a job, should be stopped from doing it.

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by EfemenaXY: 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sagamite:

They might not be comfortable but that should not be grounds to say someone who is interested and capable in a job, should be stopped from doing it.

No one's saying they should be stopped.

But as they take up their "posts", we pull out our kids. So who would they be left to "look after"?

No kids = No money for the business = No jobs for them. So yeah, in a round about way, they've been indirectly stopped.

*** Smirks!***

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Extended Family Or Nuclear Family, Which Do You Prefer? / Why Do Children Love Me Too Much? / Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.