Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

12 Most Expensive Weddings In History - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History (49358 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Weddings In The World / Check Out One Of The Most Expensive Weddings In Kenya [PHOTOS] / Expensive Weddings Versus Simple Weddings: Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by fittty(m): 2:38am On Sep 26, 2014
Ummm
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by naijathings(m): 2:38am On Sep 26, 2014
Spend all this money on a wedding and you find yourself looking for a divorce lawyer within 5 years.

Spend so much money just to say your marriage vows and u still turn around to furk around and cause a scandal within 4 weeks.
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by nomabeeee(f): 2:57am On Sep 26, 2014
U see hw many naija guys wil spend this amount for their wedding#just asking#..and come to tink of it some of this people listed here might hv even divorced..is it not white people again
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 26, 2014
all dis one na wash,mine will be d most expensive in d world,I have already kept 2 billion dollars for my wedding,nd all nairalanders will be invited
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by datguru: 3:31am On Sep 26, 2014
It's not true because I've not done mine
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Lucasbalo(m): 3:37am On Sep 26, 2014
Except those royal weddings. They are mooching off the British public for their livelihood .
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by cupidhero(m): 4:44am On Sep 26, 2014
I LOVE catherine zeta jones!!!
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 26, 2014
Symphony007: #2 Vanisha Mittal and
Amit Bhatia
The bill was $60 million in 2005, or
$66 million when adjusted for
inflation.
The bride was the beautiful
daughter of billionaire steel-
magnate Lakshmi Mittal.
The groom was a London-born i-
banker, owner of Swordfish
Investments.
The wedding featured invitations
mailed in silver boxes, including
plane tickets and rooms at a five-
star Paris hotel. Five-day festivities
at a 16th-century chateau and
Versailles and a temporary wooden
castle. Performances by Kylie
Minogue, complementary Mouton
Rothschild, and designer gift bags
filled with jewels.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1734373_vanishaamit08_jpg8ff2e7c1fe954debf7144af56ed6e8b6

chie see rich people...

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Nobody: 4:48am On Sep 26, 2014
U wana b d bride in one of this kinda wedding ryt
merieam16: Intrestin
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by cupidhero(m): 4:49am On Sep 26, 2014
talk2riel: At the end of it all? Na divorce.

Oh my crush cathrine zeta-jones and bad boy micheal douglas.
na wa o! i think say na beyonce or kim K una like, na catherine zeta jones u won de crush on. find another crush bro.
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Infoay: 5:02am On Sep 26, 2014
Money speaking

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Mettal: 5:41am On Sep 26, 2014
The list is not correct,Kris Humphrey and Kim Kardashian wedding cost $10m,i can't find it in the list.
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by englishmart(m): 5:44am On Sep 26, 2014
Missmossy: Interestingcheesy the bride looks like Elena of Vampires Diary. The couple don't look too excited anyway.
they spent almost all their savings. They shouldn't look happy..
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 26, 2014
Symphony007: #12 Catherine Zeta-Jones
and Michael Douglas
The bill was $1.5 million in 2005, or
$1.6 million when adjusted for
inflation.
The bride was a movie star known
for Zorro, America Sweethearts and
Entrapment
The groom was a mvie star known
for Wall Street (pictured) and
producer known for One Flew Over
The Cuckoo's Nest
The wedding, right out of a spy film,
featured invitations written
invisible ink and holograms -- sent to
guests including Sean Connery, Jack
Nicholson, and Michael Caine. The
ceremony at New York's Plaza Hotel
was guarded by over 50 rent-a-cops.
The bride's diamond tiara cost
$300,000 and her Christian Lacroix
gown cost $140,000.
and they lived happily ever after abi? undecided
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by englishmart(m): 5:53am On Sep 26, 2014
Symphony007: #4 Wayne Rooney and
Coleen McLoughlin
The bill was $8 million in 2008.
The bride was a working-class
British girl who started dating
Rooney at age 16, reportedly going
to see Austin Powers 2 on their first
date.
The groom was perhaps the highest
paid footballer ever.

The wedding featured a chartered
flight for 65 Brits to fly to Genoa for
a masked ball on a $120-million
yacht. Guests divided several days
between the expensive yacht and a
five-star hotel. The wedding took
place at a 17th century villa and
reception at a medieval abbey high
above Portofino.
@ the emboldened. be very careful the way you lie. Where was Rooney when men were men.?
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 26, 2014
bobo65:

u can say dat again

I feel sad for wiz n amber
whats up with wiz and amber?
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by englishmart(m): 5:58am On Sep 26, 2014
adrainuche: shocked shocked shocked Am quite sure 50% of dem ends up in divorce ...

Wasting Money anyhow .... Anyway sha no be my money, no b say na poverty just that grin grin inshut i no go try am

Btw how does a topic gets to FP, because i dnt understand .... Only how many comment and this one is already here.
Mods we are watching you ...
it doesn't matter the number of comments. Once it's fp deserving, it is fp deserving.
Many of us don't comment on a topic when it has too many posts already.
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by guttentag(m): 5:59am On Sep 26, 2014
If you Use that kind Money do Wedding for 9ja, Even Bill Gate go wan dey relate with you.. Power of MuLA
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 26, 2014
I'ma be a Billionaire.. Thats uncontested. But lemme share a glimpse into what my wedding will look like..
-My wedding will be a private affair,it will be held in a chapel with a priest and select family members,friends and witnesses.

-The wedding reception could be a bit crowdier.. With relatives,business associates,members of the Billionaire club,friends,paparazzi,linda ikeji,a few haters and the rest among the well wishers. Champagne,Wine,Water,Cognac,Vodka,Whiskey,Brandy,Cider and Beer will flow ceaselessly.

-The food:bloody gourmet.. I'll go all extravaganzo on that. Rice,lobster,steak,fillet mignon,exotic fruits,turkey,cheese,different soups,Vichyssoisse,blueberry and chocolate chip cookies,swiss chocolate,caviar,pate foie gras,hors d'ouevres,borsch,sushi.. Name em.

-Then the music.. Good classic music. No brash or noisy poo.

-Presents:Among other stuff,an expensive Omega Ladymatic wristwatch for the ladies and a classic leather wallet for all the dudes.

#Now,lemme go and make my money.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 26, 2014
A successful man is one who can make more money than his woman can spend......
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 26, 2014
Half of them on the list are no longer married together undecided Wasting money lipsrsealed

Hey! what about kim's 72 days marriage to Kris that cost $10 Million and Eva Longoria's Marriage to Tony parker that cost $1.5 Million, Divorce too!
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Sirchucks(m): 6:14am On Sep 26, 2014
YorubaJesus: Money well spent. What's the point hoarding the money if you have it. Life is too short and if you are rich and can't spend millions on the woman you love, then you are either stingy or cursed and its either one of ur wayward son steals it and spends it on drugs or the tax boys will tax the living daylight out of u.

When I'm getting married, all this weddings featured are small, the cake must tall be taller Eiffel tower, guests will be every homeless person in the country, let them at least taste some expensive food too, they deserve some love too and the food will be imported from tiffanys so expect the very best. Usher, boyz to men, john legend, beyonce, Mariah Carey, Ed sherran.... Etc will be on stage giving live music, no cheap-ass deejay and finally my beautiful wifes dress will be made from the very best edible fabric. Na to devour her dress first before I enter main course.
for ur mind
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by bobo65(m): 6:34am On Sep 26, 2014
jossi994: whats up with wiz and amber?

news have it dat amber filed for a divorce saying wiz is a freaking flirt and cheat
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by talk2riel: 6:42am On Sep 26, 2014
cupidhero: na wa o! i think say na beyonce or kim K una like, na catherine zeta jones u won de crush on. find another crush bro.
Why will I want to crush on some toddler or infant called beyonce or kim k.
Zeta-jones is a lady of substance. My all-time list of crushes in no particular order
1 Angelina jolie
2 Catherine zeta-jones
3 salma hayek
4 gabrielle union
5 marion jones
6 courtney cox

3 Likes

Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by fruityjojo(f): 6:47am On Sep 26, 2014
blesszzy:

What is impressive about ds nau? Marriage only lasted for five years and u term it impressive. Very sad after all d money spent marriage only lasted for five years. I don't see anything impressive abt it there.
Impressive because she was married 8 times & this was her third longest time staying married 2 some1 cheesy
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Sarimah(f): 6:55am On Sep 26, 2014
Money speaking..
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by engrsoma(m): 7:03am On Sep 26, 2014
See Dem Bad belle. We all know that Divorce is a normal way of life for white pple. So why is it the main issue hia. As for me if o get that money I no go spend am like that but since dey son spend am na dia business not yours. Has charles and kate middleton divorced?
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by pedro08: 7:03am On Sep 26, 2014
D last 2 most xpensive weddings there are royal weddings by brits.nothing compared to ROYALTY. Britain reaping d world since 100 B C E
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by wirelessssss(m): 7:09am On Sep 26, 2014
hmm
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Fizzyflex(m): 7:17am On Sep 26, 2014
Missmossy: Interestingcheesy the bride looks like Elena of Vampires Diary. The couple don't look too excited anyway.
nt@all...abeg check am wella
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Alfred200825(m): 7:29am On Sep 26, 2014
How dat one take concern me dis early morni?
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Dcmg(m): 7:33am On Sep 26, 2014
Even If i gather billions in $,if i hear say i Spend pass 2M naira ontop wedding because of "one" woman,make i know why.
Like i no get waiting to use money do wey i go spend 2much money just becos i marry one stranger wey i go still divorce.
To my future wife,yea,we would do the wedding but i know i will still divorce you,at least i got married so that the society would know i was married even if it's for 2 years.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This A Wedding Invitation Or Resume? (pictured) / COVID-19 Taskforce Disrupts Wedding In Cross River. Guests Run / Tomatoes And Fresh Pepper Shared As Souvenir At A Wedding In Lagos (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.