Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu (2861 Views)

Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / How Ex-president Arranged Arrest of Diezani - Silverbirdtv.com / Boko Haram: Army Boss Launches 'Operation Lafiya Dole' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
A former Chief of Army Staff, General Azubuike Ihejirika is in the cross hairs of the United States as that nation is insisting that the former army top gun be probed for alleged diversion of funds meant for the procurement of weapons and other warfare equipment meant for the army.

Local sources hinted that Ihejirika who arguably one of the wealthiest retired Generals allegedly pocketed billions of naira meant for the Army.

According to a source, the US Ambassador to Nigeria, James Entwistle raised the issue when he met recently with President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja.

Ambassador Entwisle at the meeting at the Presidential Villa, said the U.S is particularly concerned about the sudden riches of Ihejirika.

Ihejirika, who was fingered as one of the sponsors of Boko Haram by the Australian hostage negotiator, Davies, is the front-runner for the Abia state Gover‎norship seat.

Investigations revealed that the US Ambassador told Jonathan that the Americans who were in Nigeria to assist in the fight against insurgents were shocked to find out that what was on ground did not match the billions allocated under Ihejirika’s watch.

There have been pockets of grumbling amongst the army rank and file over obsolete and some times lack of top shelf weapons. This boiled over when some soldiers mutinied against a General. Those soldiers were court martialed and sentenced to death.

In 2012 alone the defence budget for capital expenditure was N34.36 Billion‎ with a whooping N5.71 Billion earmarked for the acquisition of equipment by the Army.

U.S President Barack Obama or the Secretary of state, John Kerry is expected to discuss the issue with Jonathan at some close sessions during the United Nations General Assembly.

The alleged rot and high level corruption in the military, sources said, has affected the morale of the Americans who here as technical partners and advisers.

Entwistle, it was learnt told Jonathan, every top military officer should be held accountable if he wants the US to be part of the fight against insurgents.

Pointblanknews.com also gathered that the high level corruption, contract inflation and purchase of obsolete equipment and arms cut across the three services.

This rot made Defence minister General Aliyu Gusau to insist that every contract or procurement must pass through his office. Curiously, this move did not go down well with the service chiefs who had hitherto enjoyed autonomy.

Said our source ” the Americans want Ihejirika and his cohort probed. They are insisting that the Government must hold thieving Generals accountable if Nigeria wants them to be part of the fight against Boko Haram”

“The Ambassador expressed his nations unhappiness with what Ihejirika did with the billions allocated to the Army. They are insisting he be probed. We all know he is one of the riches retired Generals‎ around. He made billions that is why he wants to be Abia Governor,” said our source.

http://www.africaeagle.com/2014/09/us-ambassador-to-nigeria-reveals-how-ex.html#.VCR61mJZtU4.twitter

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by EdCure: 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
Meanwhile, the SSS, GEJ administration, and the TANoid mofos are the most vocal defenders of the fraudulent coward.
They "know better" than everybody when it comes to defending the worst among us.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by joe17: 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
America wonder! When have they began thinking positively on how to solve Nigeria problems?

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by Mekateka: 10:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
Why America did not ask government to probe the money stole by Babangida and other retired army generals from the north? APC tell us another story because this one is dead on arrival. Bokoharam sympathizers I dey hail o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by Kennyfancy(m): 10:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by asadike(f): 10:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
ihejirika ngwa nu,com and clear ur name.

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by vedd: 11:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
asadike: ihejirika ngwa nu,com and clear ur name.
Never! He has internet trolls and tribal bloggers to do poor and cheap jobs for him.

7 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by papaejima1: 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
And that was why we came with same money to buy weapons and you refused?

Idiots, you can sing us another song. This one is still-born
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by Omololu007(m): 11:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mekateka: Why America did not ask government to probe the money stole by Babangida and other retired army generals from the north? APC tell us another story because this one is dead on arrival. Bokoharam sympathizers I dey hail o
are u sayin d former ambassador is an APC member

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by Marotzke(m): 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
So the American ambassador has the exact details of funds allocated to the Nigerian army for the purchase of armaments eh? That means he also knows the contractors or was the money given personally to Ihejirika to go for the arms auction?

What of payment details? I suppose Ngozi went to CBN and hauled the cash from under the nose of Sanusi direct to Ihejirika? Bypassing minister for Defence, chief of defence staff, permanent secretary ministry of Defence, director of army finance.

This Ihejirika must be a superman or a janus faced entity,whom while being chief of army staff was also a field officer superintending over the massacres of innocent Boko Haram insurgents. At the same time this Same Ihejirika was in full custody of army finances, sole army armament contractor who pockets the entire money budgeted for arms procurement?

All these he was doing, while doubling as Boko Haram sponsor eh? Just trying to get a grip on the whole Ihejirika saga. SMH at some people and their tales.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by masu: 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mr.davies coming from nowhere and mentioned ihejirika 4 sponsoring boko haram though uninvited, "catch him"
Now usa coming up with another side that ihejirika coveted military money to his personal money. "Probe him"
Northern elders said ihejirika commited genocide on his war against boko haram, "take him to hague"

i called it selective justice.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:39am On Sep 26, 2014
If anyone is still thinking that that slow-thinking-hat-wearing-ugly-smile son of a fisherman will probe anybody, be disappointed in advance!

I wonder how corruption wasn't included in his middle name!

If he comes out on national TV and say, $34billion was used in buying 10 high sophisticated pistols for the army, don't laff! He was not trying to be funny either!

6 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by GeneralJ(m): 3:19am On Sep 26, 2014
sttrange
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by Akpaife(m): 4:26am On Sep 26, 2014
Dat american ambassador must be out of his mind I dnt blame him bt I blame d govt of nig fro allowing him 2 tell us wht 2 do
Ds is our country nt american he should go back 2 his country
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by phlemzy: 4:56am On Sep 26, 2014
U.S President Barack Obama or the Secretary
of state, John Kerry is expected to discuss the
issue with Jonathan at some close sessions
Why show special attention in Ihejirika's tenure? There are very many other corruption going on in the other forces, ministries, legislature, and even in the presidency that are unkown to the majority. This is in no way in defence of the former army boss as might be insinuated by a reader. $1b dollar loan is loading already. What this means is that another rounds of covert high profile corruption is waiting to mature!
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by MrT2011(m): 5:04am On Sep 26, 2014
asadike: ihejirika ngwa nu,com and clear ur name.

Am I surpprised?
No!!!

Product of Assulted Rape!!!

Your "Murder" knew from onset, she insisted to abort "you" - the sperm of the Aboki that raped her after the war.

Now, see the disgrace you are still bringing upon the great Igbo.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:49am On Sep 26, 2014
Foreign powers are hell bent on breaking Nigeria,is hhejirika the first Coas?,if u want to probe corruption dont be selective,probe all,some people are richer than a state why not investigate them,US is not honest on this watetr
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by BlackTechnology: 7:56am On Sep 26, 2014
IBB OBJ DANJUNMA and all other past leaders should first be executed
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by omoharry(f): 7:57am On Sep 26, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: If anyone is still thinking that that slow-thinking-hat-wearing-ugly-smile son of a fisherman will probe anybody, be disappointed in advance!

If he comes out on national TV and say, $34billion was used in buying 10 high sophisticated pistols for the army, don't laff! He was not trying to be funny either!
How can you call address your president in that manner when your own party cannot even organize themselves very well. If he is slow in thinking, that means everything in Nigeria will equally be slow. Dont worry, i pray Buhari wins the next election and will see if you will have this liberty to spill out rubbish here. I dont know why Nigerians over stretch the liberty to freedom of expression, Later you will say other countries are treating you like trash when you don't have a single respect for your country and your president.

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by omoharry(f): 8:08am On Sep 26, 2014
America should just mind their business because from all indication, they don't mean well for us as a country. starting from the zinmapp drug for Ebola and the blockage of the purchase of arms to fight the Boko Haram.. please, they should go and sit down. They are not our friend rather they are our enemy in disguise;two facet friends.
They want to hit our head against one another so that when there is crisis in Nigeria, beyond our control, they will now have a reason to send their troops to divide us more just the way they did in Libya. bloody Hypocrite. Enemy of progress and dark hearted friends.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by asadike(f): 9:35am On Sep 26, 2014
MrT2011:

Am I surpprised?
No!!!

Your "Murder" knew from onset, she insisted to abort "you" - the sperm of the Aboki that raped her after the war.

who is this? Is it me dat u want to face? U are nt wel, i am one of d ardent defenders of ihejirika nd umu igbo on dis forum bt he needs to clear his name nd dat doesnt mean av witheld my support. Y d insult,did i insult u or ihejirika? Efuruefu ozunwuruanwu lyk u. Am nt surprise,at least am half igbo according 2 u,bt u ar nt igbo at al. Maka in igbo land, men fyt d war,women do d talking bt u av taken over d talking. Ihere me wu kwe gi there. Nwoke nwanyi,useless she male.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by samseen02(m): 9:39am On Sep 26, 2014
k
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by samseen02(m): 9:46am On Sep 26, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: If anyone is still thinking that that slow-thinking-hat-wearing-ugly-smile son of a fisherman will probe anybody, be disappointed in advance!

funny die
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by Bizibi(m): 9:47am On Sep 26, 2014
omoharry:
How can you call address your president in that manner when your own party cannot even organize themselves very well. If he is slow in thinking, that means everything in Nigeria will equally be slow. Dont worry, i pray Buhari wins the next election and will see if you will have this liberty to spill out rubbish here. I dont know why Nigerians over stretch the liberty to freedom of expression, Later you will say other countries are treating you like trash when you don't have a single respect for your country and your president.
that is the problem with some nigerians they speak or write without thinking........

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:55am On Sep 26, 2014
With the way the US left Nigeria after the planned freeing of the kidnapped Chibok girls, I knew that they knew that it was the DHQ that was slowing the effort against Boko Haram. The US know more than most of us do.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 26, 2014

Apt!
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:58am On Sep 26, 2014
Ohanaeze Ndigbo and other socio-cultural organizations of Igbo people will give the US a 48 hour ultimatum to withdraw their statement or Alaigbo will severe relationshhp with them.
Anambra Adigo Mma.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by ayindejimmy(m): 10:07am On Sep 26, 2014
MrT2011:

Am I surpprised?
No!!!

luktat hw a corupted mind punders. So cos he's igbo he shuld speak d truth again. If Ihejirika is innocent he shuld simply clear his name. Hw can evry1 say u r a theif and u decline to talk. Dat simply mean u av notin 2 say in defence of ur self
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Ohanaeze Ndigbo and other socio-cultural organizations of Igbo people will give the US a 48 hour ultimatum to withdraw their statement or Alaigbo will severe relationshhp with them.
Anambra Adigo Mma.
Mtchewwwwwwww....... angry angry angry
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
omoharry:
u can only treat something in the exact the way it presented itself
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by Iykopee(m): 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
Marotzke: So the American ambassador has the exact details of funds allocated to the Nigerian army for the purchase of armaments eh? That means he also knows the contractors or was the money given personally to Ihejirika to go for the arms auction?

What of payment details? I suppose Ngozi went to CBN and hauled the cash from under the nose of Sanusi direct to Ihejirika? Bypassing minister for Defence, chief of defence staff, permanent secretary ministry of Defence, director of army finance.

This Ihejirika must be a superman or a janus faced entity,whom while being chief of army staff was also a field officer superintending over the massacres of innocent Boko Haram insurgents. At the same time this Same Ihejirika was in full custody of army finances, sole army armament contractor who pockets the entire money budgeted for arms procurement?

All these he was doing, while doubling as Boko Haram sponsor eh? Just trying to get a grip on the whole Ihejirika saga. SMH at some people and their tales.

^^^^ Dont mind the IDI.OTs.
Re: US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Fu by asala1: 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
America will know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Gbagaun At AIT.. / Message To All The Pastors Who Prophesised GEJ Will Win / The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.