Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones (28079 Views)

Compensation From MTN Nigeria After My Earlier Complaints / Injoo Fire Review And Complaints Thread / MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by DMilanista: 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
Social media channels have overflowed this week with commentary on whether Apple‘s new iPhone 6
Plus bends under pressure, particularly in a pants
pocket.

Turns out actual complaints to the company, at least so far, are much less prevalent.

“With normal use a bend in iPhone is extremely rare
and through our first six days of sale, a total of nine
customers have contacted Apple with a bent iPhone
6 Plus,” Trudy Muller, an Apple spokeswoman, said
in a statement. “IPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus meet or
exceed all of our high quality standards to endure
everyday, real life use.”

The statement comes after some early adopters complained that the new iPhone 6 Plus, which is
significantly larger than previous generations of the
iPhone, was permanently bending from simply being carried in a pocket for long periods of time.
After one new iPhone 6 Plus owner on Tuesday complained that his phone warped after sitting in
his front pants pocket during a long drive, the story
was quickly picked up by technology blogs and news outlets.

Lewis Hilsenteger, who runs Unbox Therapy, a YouTube channel dedicated to showcasing the latest
tech hardware, filmed himself straining to bend an
iPhone 6 Plus with his bare hands. The video has been viewed more than 25 million times in less than two days.

Apple performs “rigorous tests throughout the entire development cycle including three-point bending, pressure-point cycling, sit, torsion and user studies,” according to Ms. Muller. “IPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus meet or exceed all of our high quality standards to endure everyday, real life use.”

As Apple has grown bigger and more successful, it
has also become a bigger target for criticism. The
company says it sold more than 10 million iPhone 6
and iPhone 6 Plus smartphones over the first three
days of release, a new record for the company.

Some of the attention is self-inflicted, however. In 2010, early buyers of the iPhone 4 reported problems with the device’s cellular antenna, which
caused dropped calls due to the design of the phone. An Apple executive responsible for the project left the company over the incident.

And this week, Apple released a software update to
the iPhone that was supposed to fix some early bugs in an updated version of its mobile operating
system, iOS 8. The update made some users’ phones unable to make or receive calls, and also rendered the touch identification technology software useless, according to reports. Apple quickly withdrew the software update, and has said it planned to release a new software patch in short order.

Source: mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/bits/2014/09/25/apple-responds-to-complaints-of-bent-iphones/?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Kessleek(m): 12:39am On Sep 26, 2014
True talk, and this bendshit thing is getting quite annoying. By the way of all the people shouting iphone its just 9 that reported the problem yet the whole net is on fire...

EDITED: Yay i made FTC. Jessu e just day shack body. I here by thank that bad dream that wake me up by that time and Mtn for having a stable network when posting it, and also my old trusty nokia phone. FTC noni. Dancing sekem.

6 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 1:57am On Sep 26, 2014
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Grinder: 1:58am On Sep 26, 2014
Lord Grinder is Back... grin grin grin grin grin... Oya Back to the topic..... Na y i dey tell pple make them buy Nokia 3310.... Very reliable ..Iffa hear sey Nokia break from 50 storey buildings...

13 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by EbuGeneral(m): 2:01am On Sep 26, 2014
ok.... Kotinue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by musicwriter(m): 2:02am On Sep 26, 2014
As long as it bends only when on pressure and not break, that should be a good thing.

4 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 2:02am On Sep 26, 2014
Why put bend your phone to prove a senseless point. Just enjoy the phone!!

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 2:04am On Sep 26, 2014
Only a mere 9 individuals made official complaints and the way the world carried the news you would think it was every single phone of the 10 million sold had the problem smh!
The Bendgate BS is becoming annoying.It's as if everybody is just ready to pounce on Apple™ at the slightest of mistakes.

And Am sure Samsung Fanboys are enjoying this little drama grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Thorerah(f): 2:05am On Sep 26, 2014
They didn't really address the issue,did they? undecided

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by fitzmayowa: 2:06am On Sep 26, 2014
Na wa ooo...peeps paying through their nose for "bendgate" apple needs to fix this ish...ASAP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 2:09am On Sep 26, 2014
Kessleek: True talk, and this bendshit thing is getting quite annoying.
your own is bending abi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by nickyginika(m): 2:09am On Sep 26, 2014
Lmao.........#teamHTC

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by youngice(m): 2:10am On Sep 26, 2014
ibend

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by alaladakosta(f): 2:11am On Sep 26, 2014
Really

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Olamyyde(m): 2:13am On Sep 26, 2014
yea grin

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 2:15am On Sep 26, 2014
The Apple iPhone6 and iPhone6+ are the best smartphone on the market today.

Apple does not release inferior hardware and one of the reasons that I am are staunch customer is that they control both hardware and software of all of their products.

I am typing this on an MacBook Air with my iPhone 5s and iPod plugged in. My server is a iMac and I have at least 3 iPods in stalled in various cars.

It's easy for anyone to attempt ridiculing a manufacturer. How sensible is it to stick a high dollar smartphone in your back pocket and then sit on it?

For those that don't like iPhone or Apple products, the good thing is that there are various other products out there to purchase.

For those on the fence, it is my honest opinion that you should give it a try. You can always sell it and unlike other phones, no other phone holds it's value like an iPhone.

For fellow iFanboys, I have held both phones in my hands (already sold 3 I had slated for my Nigeria store over here) and they are a thing of beauty.

I can't wait for the iWatch to be released.

It's a good time to be a technical fan.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Lordnath(m): 2:15am On Sep 26, 2014
What's the point of having your pockets bent to buy a high-end device and still have the device bent through normal use.

Blue chip companies like Apple are making substantial compromises in traditional designs and durability just to compete favourably. It started with a cheaper variant of the IPhone 5 called 'c'..what da heck.

These companies churn out expensive garbage called 'flagship smartphones' every year and then u just have to keep buying cos one way or d other the old phone becomes a liability. From reduction in software support to hardware failure.

My Galaxy S4 gets so hot at times that it could fry balls while it sits in d pocket. A subtle way of telling me it needs a brother

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by adrainuche(m): 2:15am On Sep 26, 2014
Grinder: Lord Grinder is Back... grin grin grin grin grin... Oya Back to the topic..... Na y i dey tell pple make them buy Nokia 3310.... Very reliable ..Iffa hear sey Nokia break from 50 storey buildings...

Lord Grinder how come say na the day when dem kill Shekeau na you come back ..... u sure say u no b one of dem BH boys wen run for deir life shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by miqos02(m): 2:18am On Sep 26, 2014
they should rename the phone to iphone pocket

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Grinder: 2:21am On Sep 26, 2014
adrainuche:

Lord Grinder how come say na the day when dem kill Shekeau na you come back ..... u sure say u no b one of dem BH boys wen run for deir life shocked shocked shocked
oh boy.... Na sooo oo..Dem murder shekau..We gaz run for our lives.... Anywaiz.. No call police for me...Na beg i take beg u..

2 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 26, 2014
Rarely used iPhone 6 plus for sale. Price: A pack of Ribenna or Caprisonne.
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by alaladakosta(f): 2:26am On Sep 26, 2014
No

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 26, 2014
story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Harry4cas(m): 2:31am On Sep 26, 2014
k
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 26, 2014
iphone 6 = 200k,
iMac, iPod, iPad, iBroke

bbz30 jarey
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by pocohantas(f): 2:51am On Sep 26, 2014
i stil want...I can bend it back to shape. That shouldnt be difficult.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Yungwhy(m): 3:02am On Sep 26, 2014
Get wah you like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Samiceman: 3:08am On Sep 26, 2014
Ehn?

3 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by kpolli(m): 3:15am On Sep 26, 2014
So because it meets your standards then the phones that bent are illusions abi.... Apple doesn't even know how to respond to issues

3 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by wiringdpt(m): 3:19am On Sep 26, 2014
Easy, buy iRoller.
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 3:47am On Sep 26, 2014
It is more like iBanana to me!

2 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by NaLaugh: 4:28am On Sep 26, 2014
Don't worry guys, they will add the all new feature "anti-bend" in the iphone 9 generation.

Innovation all day!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lenovo Shows Off Concept Flexible Smartphone, Smart Projector And A Lot More / Zero 3 Review: Battery, Multitasking, Sensor, Heat And Camera Comparison Tests / The Infinix Hot 8: Features And Spy Photos (Rumored)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.