Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi (37917 Views)

Tension In Ondo Community Over Pipeline Attacks-the Nation / Many Dead, 50 Houses Razed As Boko Haram Invades Adamawa Communities / INEC Suspends Election In Delta Community Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by HarmLessAkpi: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
Omololu007: just d way d igbos in edo and delta state will b allowed to migrate to d south east,but no part of delta and edo will b ceded to the south east
Mumu
I know you're a Yoruba man.
FYI, igbos have large territory in delta state.
9 local government no be moi moi.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Omololu007(m): 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: Mumu
u must b a fvck!n !diot u pig,,d igalas also own Ette,and if dey are to leave,dey will leave wit dia lands in enugu....fvctard

4 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Omololu007(m): 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: Mumu
u must b a fvck!n !diot u pig,,d igalas also own Etten,and if dey are to leave,dey will leave wit dia lands in enugu....fvcktard.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by cooljude(m): 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
I just asked my Dad. We are from Nsukka. He attest to the fact that it is a mixed village but it is a traditional Nsukka town. He said most of the other tribes migrated from their original settlement and any Igbo person would know that ndi Nsukka are very hospitable people, they welcome strangers with open hands and their were lots of inter-tribal marriage between this groups. That is why you would see a mixture of Igbo,Idoma and Igala. State your own point if you feel otherwise.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Kagarko(m): 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
jliusadura: All because of oil
my friend all because of oil. It has indeed became a curse not only to Nigeria but to all Nations that are naturally endowed with it. Oil makes People to be Lazy.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by mdgreen(m): 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
pple don't just know the prblm of nigeria. We all knows every tribe have its own badside. If I may ask between Igala and igbo which tribe is more accommodating? Judge well and don't be sentimental.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Chinom(m): 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
Erotex: In those community there are two tribe over there
Igala and igbos
The igbos wants to merge with enugu why igalas want to merge with kogi.

Right now they are all benefitting from enugu pocket.
Let igbos be igbos and igalas be igalas
After all igalas are not worthy to live with.
I have been with them before

Yours is a sensible comment except for the bolded. Everybody or tribe is worthy until proven otherwise. The community is a mixed community. However, there is 0% chance of any part of the territory will be moved to Kogi state. The people (Igalas and Idomas) on the other hand, are free to relocate.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Chinom(m): 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
Lordlexyy: Etteh is my community. Boundary wise, the community is situated in Enugu state. In terms of culture, it has very little in connection with the Idomas and not the Igalas. The language spoken are predominantly Idoma. Igbo language comes second for areas that are regarded as igbos. Igala language is meanly spoken by some few who believe they are Igalas. To be honest, the Etteh community ideologically believes they are Igbos and has very little in connection to both the Igalas and the Idomas. You find most of the people there speaking the three languages fluently and intermix very well. [s]This whole crisis of identity wouldn't have surfaced in the first place if the not for some of the Igbos and their culture of segregation where others are regarded more Igbos than the others. The same people will say Enugu or Ebonyi is not pure Igbo but 'wawa', some Enugu will say Etteh is not pure Igbo but a mixture of two. If Etteh was long embrace and made to feel among by the Igbos, none of this cultural conflict would have surface. Those minority group wanting to joint Kogi are doing so because they felt they majority are more recognised and therefore benefit more by the Enugu gov't. Inspite of the upheaval, i believe the brotherliness and oneness of Etteh is beyond culture, language or tribe. PROUDLY ETTEH.
[/s]

DumbA$$ comment. I just cannot figure out what you are trying to say.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by MEILYN(m): 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
Igala and igbos

The fool spoke and his fellow fools liked the trash he said. You lived with them before? Who cares? You are not even worthy to live with them. I.diot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by MEILYN(m): 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
pocohantas: Nah...nah. With all due respect , me sef no go like go Kogi. cry
i know it's one Nigeria, but just incase all 36 states décide to split...there are some states I wouldn't wanna be stuck in lipsrsealed
And who asked for your opinion? Busy body

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by MEILYN(m): 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
picoba: very unfortunate. kogi state does not know where their going in life.

You comment rubbish just to make front page. Unscrupulous soul.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by MEILYN(m): 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
Balkan: These Igala are not different from Abokkis
very soon they will start their jihad.
I hope they millitary will give them Boko Haram
treatment. because Abokki will always behave like abokki
Coming from an I.diot called Balkan. You are an unfortunate soul, always tribalistic. God help you get a life.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by pocohantas(f): 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
promixdavinci:
Lol truth is always biter! If u dont have any idea 2 counter me, u beta rest ur finger or stop wastin ur 10mb nd stop quotin me

lol, the last time U checked you quoted me first. Soooooo, keep killing yasef. tongue
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by ameheo(m): 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
Enough of all this TRIBALISM!! There are only two tribes which existed and will always, the good and the bad people. we have many problems on our hands now. terrorism, kidnapping, even though we have been declared free of Ebola, we still have many medical issues right now to worry about, not a baseless fight that a single reasoning together can quench.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by MEILYN(m): 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
Esperooke: I believe there is more to this story than meet the eyes. So much not told to us. 'cos in my widest imagination i cannot see anything alluring about Kogi to warrant such crude behavior. Even some of us from there self wish away from the state 'cos of the pristine structure, leadership mishap etc.
hehehehe. Make I no lie you bros, there is nothing to fight for in that shitty state. I am an Igala guy ooo.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by larryUG(m): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
Samiceman: grin pls remind me... How many higher institutions of learning do we have in Kogi and Enugu state? illiteracy at it's best
for you to ask dis question shows that u r d illiterate, if u wnt to skool u for know UNN, ESUT,IMT, and kogi state uni and poly. buh u needed to be reminded, u do d math and tell me d nos(exclude the private Unis like caritas and d rest as well as the Law School cos it myt be too much of a math for u).
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by donbenie(m): 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
Joavid:

Oh lord, why did I wake up to this

Educationally less what?? Care to explain?

Kogi state has 2 universities(one federal, one state) and 2 polytenics(one state, one federal) and 2 college of education.
Actually the presence of institutions of higher learning in a state does not on its own confer a state the status of educationally advanced state,but rather the number of indigenes taking advantage of such institutions,i mean you might have 20 such institutions with your people constituting just 20% of the students..#justsaying
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by mechepatrick137(m): 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
pocohantas: Nah...nah. With all due respect , me sef no go like go Kogi. cry
i know it's one Nigeria, but just incase all 36 states décide to split...there are some states I wouldn't wanna be stuck in lipsrsealed
. Hahahaha you are correct
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by ekolina(m): 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
Your Dad misinformed u, Ette is not Nsuka and will never be Nsuka. Ette gets its traditional stool from Kogi(Igala Land) since time inmemorial and the people of Ette don't inter-marry with Nsuka. As a matter of fact you can count the number of homes with Igbo as wife. Those who understood Igbo did cuz of the proximity of Ette with Aji and Enugu-ezike
cooljude: I just asked my Dad. We are from Nsukka. He attest to the fact that it is a mixed village but it is a traditional Nsukka town. He said most of the other tribes migrated from their original settlement and any Igbo person would know that ndi Nsukka are very hospitable people, they welcome strangers with open hands and their were lots of inter-tribal marriage between this groups. That is why you would see a mixture of Igbo,Idoma and Igala. State your own point if you feel otherwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Masky2000: 3:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
youngice: but why now
Naija and sense is like oil and water
They only mix at high temperature
Eg Ebola outbreak

Hmmmm smiley
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by MayorofLagos(m): 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
Hahahahahahhaha.. grin grin

.I told you people, we will bring measures into play and invoke emotions to stir the ground towards a mission to completely erase Iboland from the face of Nigeria.

All Ibos must voluntarily evacuate that land or we will implement political policies to eject you from your fatherland.

Migrate to Yorubaland on your own will or I will force you back to your roots in Congo. It's a guarantee!! cheesy

I give praise to God, the creator of mankind and all on earth.

I give praise to Oduduwa, the founder of Yorubaland and all its subsisting Empires.

Ibaji will take over Aguleri and Enugu will be merged into Kogi. Any Ibo that doesnt like it can transcend beyond and go complain to Ojukwu.

yeye pygyms! angry

6 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by oooooohh: 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
In those community there are two tribe over there
Igala and Igbos

This is unfounded, Ette people are Ette people neither igbo nor igala they speak a mixture of idoma, igbo and igala

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Omololu007(m): 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: Stupid yorrober goat.
Have u been to ette?
Where and what do u know abt ette?

Btw its ette and not etten(calabar)

Yoruba pig wey neva leave his hamlet dey form boss for another man matter.
weda i don leave my hamlet or not,,is none of ur business u son of a woman wit a smellin pvsshy.....fvck ur crazy moda at home flat head

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Drsheddy(m): 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2014

2plot of land for sale

ill comment ltr . But Na KOGI sure PaSs cha.

some people go vex
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by adamskutty(m): 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
maestroferddi: I would have ignored your meaningless drivels.

Meanwhile, I spent weeks this year in Kogi State for a friend's wife's funeral.

Do you care to know what I found out?

The business and to some extent the economy in Kogi State is still being controlled by the usual suspects...

And who are they? The IGBOS, of course!

Next time learn to do a little homework.
u are making noise missy, control what economy ? Puhahaha grin is it the small shops they open all around selling 10 naira biscuits u call controlling of economy? grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by mdgreen(m): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
pple don't just know the prblm of nigeria. We all knows every tribe have its own badside. If I may ask between Igala and igbo which tribe is more accommodating? Judge well and don't be sentimental.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by cooljude(m): 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
ekolina: Your Dad misinformed u, Ette is not Nsuka and will never be Nsuka. Ette gets its traditional stool from Kogi(Igala Land) since time inmemorial and the people of Ette don't inter-marry with Nsuka. As a matter of fact you can count the number of homes with Igbo as wife. Those who understood Igbo did cuz of the proximity of Ette with Aji and Enugu-ezike
Ok, thats your view. U sound very authoritative. So you are trying to say they are igala's, what about the sizeable number of idoma's there?
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Seth89(m): 4:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
Are these people saying Kogi State is better than Enugu? If yes then Nigeria is doomed.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by arent88(m): 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
U got it all wrong man.just as u tink the igala people ar nt worthy to live with by ur opinion, some folks here wil tel u the igbos ar people nt worthy of living with too.ur expirience with an individual has nt to do with his tribe.i hav an igala frnd and i can boldly tel u he is a very nice person.pls show them some respect i think u as an individual hav ur flaws too.
Igala and igbos

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
Na wa o! Of all states to merge with, its kogi
A state where the people only exist but don't live!
Na them sabi...

OAUTemitayo: Nsukka—No fewer than 10 houses were burnt, while unspecified number of people seriously injured at Ette in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area of Enugu State, following disagreement by rival groups.

They were said to be agitating over whether to remain as part of the Enugu State or be merged with Kogi State.
However, soldiers from the 82 Division of the Nigerian Army have been deployed to the area to contain the situation.

It was gathered that the latest violence erupted when those who wanted to be merged with Kogi State attacked a youth leader opposing their move, after burning down his house.

According to police sources at Enugu Ezike, the headquarters of the local council, the group “attacked and shot the youth leader of those in favour of remaining in Enugu four times.

“Although the youth leader, Mr. Matthias Eje, survived the attack, he sustained several bullet wounds from the four shots, while his house was also burnt. The attackers also burnt other houses in Onoda part of Ette.”

The injured youth leader was said to be recuperating at a private Hospital (name withheld) in Enugu.

It was alleged that those in favour of remaining in Enugu State later re-grouped and launched a reprisal attack by burning some of the houses of their alleged attackers before the deployment of soldiers.

A prominent indigene of Ette, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said before the attack, “the pro-Enugu youths of Ette had successfully repelled the invading pro-Kogi armed youths four times in the past few weeks.

“Those attacks had in the past one year escalated to such a level that those in favour of ceding the large area fr
om Enugu to Kogi had forced a Catholic Church Parish to close down, while most government establishments in the area now barely exist.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/10-houses-razed-scores-injured-enugu-community-move-join-kogi/
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by ekolina(m): 6:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
BRO IDOMA IS THE COMMON LANGUAGE IN ETTE BUT THAT DIDNT MKE THEM IDOMA. OPINIONS SHOWS THAT THE PEOPLE OF PREFER TO BE CALLED IDOMA RATHER THAN IGBO OR ENUGU....HOWEVER, THAT DOES NOT MEAN DEY DISLIKE IGBOS. FOR A FACT THE PEOPLE OF ETTE HAD INTERACTED AND LIVED PEACEFULLY WITH THE IGBO (THAT IS AJI, UMUBO ETC) FOR AGES. THE TENSION ON GROUND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE IGBOS JUST A SELECTED FEW FROM ETTE WHO FELT THEIR SOURCE OF WEALTH WILL BE CUT OFF IF ETTE CEDED. MORE SO, THE ENUGU STATE GOVT HAS DISTANT HERSELF FROM CLAIMS TO ETTE.
cooljude: Ok, thats your view. U sound very authoritative. So you are trying to say they are igala's, what about the sizeable number of idoma's there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court / Top 10 Hilarious/powerful Responses From Atiku/obi NG Candidate Interview / Military: Boko Haram Rocket Making Factory Photos Not Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.