Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. (1795 Views)

N150Mn Ransom For Siasia's Mother: Govt Abandons Siasia To His Fate / Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? / Man Stopped From Slapping Keshi For Substituting Moses For Yobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by orobs93(m): 7:38am On Sep 26, 2014
NFF set to bring back Samson Siasia in place of Stephen Keshi
The Big Boss might have come to the end of his tenure with Nigeria if the National Sports Commission allows the Glass House to wield the big stick
Sep 26, 2014 00:12:55By Shemmy Sholabomi
Samson Siasia could be in line to replace Stephen Keshi as Nigeria coach unless the National Sports Commission stops the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF.
Goal exclusively gathered from a top NFF official at the weekend that the Super Eagles’ poor results against Congo where they lost 3-2 in Calabar as well as the goalless draw away to South Africa has blotted the impressive record of the trainer.
A top official of the Nigeria Football Federation disclosed that “there are many factors standing in the way of Stephen Keshi to be re-appointed as the Eagles chief coach and I will give you a break-down but before that I must say that Keshi must be most grateful to the Honourable Sports Minister (Tammy Danagogo) for fighting for his retention as the chief coach.
“The minister has never hidden his love and preference for him and he based it on Keshi’s past achievement which he said was more than necessary for him to continue his job. The minister still believes that the Eagles under Keshi could still bounce back and qualify for the 2015 Afcon in Morocco.
“But we at the NFF here know that the problem with the team is more than what we are seeing from the surface. Firstly, there is no commitment on the part of the players Keshi is parading for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers and if something drastic is not done, Nigeria may not be among those nations that would campaign in Morocco 2015,” the source who begged for his identity not to be revealed told Goal.
The NFF source also revealed that most of the members of the NFF Executive Board are no longer at ease with the alleged antics and disrespect of Keshi towards them and now want another coach who would listen to them and respect them as his employers. They have also not forgotten in a hurry the way Keshi allegedly humiliated the Aminu Maigari Board members during the Africa Cup of Nations which Nigeria won in South Africa in 2013 and felt highly disappointed with the way the Coach received all the accolades and praises from all and sundry without mere mention of the NFF Board and Secretariat.
“We all know how Keshi threatened to dump the team in South Africa shortly after the Eagles won the 2013 Afcon. The controversies generated by this singular action of his put the NFF then in a bad light and so many other crises including the Eagles threatening not to play one of the qualifying matches for the last World Cup as well as during the World Cup proper when the players demanded for their bonuses are all crises that have put negative mark on the NFF.
“So unless the National Sports Commission decides to use its veto powers, I don’t think Keshi would be retained as the Eagles coach. Even the N6 million that the minister said he is requesting for cannot be met by the NFF as a matter of fact. The NFF is broke for now and the crisis has not helped matters.“It seems everybody is speaking favourably about Samson Siasia to come back to the post he left in 2011. Some of us believed that Siasia has learned his lessons and he would adjust where he has failed to bounce back with the Eagles. Another thing is that it will be very difficult for us to pick the 2015 Nations Cup ticket if we continue to parade the same players Keshi is using to prosecute the 2015 Afcon qualifiers so it is preferable Siasia comes to the rescue and bring new ideas and players that are fighters to salvage the situation.
“The reason for the choice of Siasia is that the NFF cannot afford the salary and emoluments of a foreign coach now, so employing a foreign coach to replace Keshi now is out of the issue. But we will know precisely how it goes after Tuesday when NFF elections will take place,” the source concluded.

Goal.com
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 26, 2014
I'm coming
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by pfijacobs(m): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2014
Oboi... Na wa o... Dis ur sauce no dey click... Na fish sauce?
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by jaybossYBNL(m): 8:16am On Sep 26, 2014
ok
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by laplace19(m): 8:29am On Sep 26, 2014
Hope this is true,cos am just tired of Keshi..

He acts as if he doesn't care in most of our games if not all...
Even the way he sits and chew gums is very pestilential to me...

#teamSiasia#
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by donstevico(m): 9:15am On Sep 26, 2014
space resevered in case it enters front page
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by hollandis(f): 9:19am On Sep 26, 2014
donstevico: space resevered in case it enters front page

Seconded grin
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Goke7: 9:30am On Sep 26, 2014
so siasia is now the solution abi? i will continue to say that nff will finally ruin Nigerian football one day, siasia is equally as stubborn if not more than keshi, have we forgotten siasia's clash with players like osaze, mikel and enyeama when he was eagles coach? who says he has learnt his lesson? I have also said it before that nff has no replacement for keshi if not they would have sacked him long ago, they also don't have the money to employ a foreign coach. Nff just want to have keshi out of the way as a vendetta for all the beef they have for him, they are only just going back to their vomit [siasia] which is so bad for our football.

Can someone tell me what siasia has been doing all this while? We are only going back to the wilderness where we were before keshi took over, if we don't have a better replacement, must we go from frying pan to fire?

Anything done out of vendetta only make things worse, our football was better with the immediate past sports minister but out of politics and vendetta, he was removed, that is why we are were we are with the present sports minister who have managed things so badly.

Keshi may be a bad coach and I agree but please get a better replacement.
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by orobs93(m): 10:09am On Sep 26, 2014
Seun front page tinz nah...kilode..Siasia was sabotaged the first time...I think He deserve a second chance.
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Davidolives(m): 10:27am On Sep 26, 2014
thirded

1 Like

Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 26, 2014
i disagree with u....so are you saying Brazil ate what they vomitted when they employed Dunga as their chief coach?? Siasia should not have been sacked in the first place. He is by far better than Keshi
Goke7: so siasia is now the solution abi? i will continue to say that nff will finally ruin Nigerian football one day, siasia is equally as stubborn if not more than keshi, have we forgotten siasia's clash with players like osaze, mikel and enyeama when he was eagles coach? who says he has learnt his lesson? I have also said it before that nff has no replacement for keshi if not they would have sacked him long ago, they also don't have the money to employ a foreign coach. Nff just want to have keshi out of the way as a vendetta for all the beef they have for him, they are only just going back to their vomit [siasia] which is so bad for our football.

Can someone tell me what siasia has been doing all this while? We are only going back to the wilderness where we were before keshi took over, if we don't have a better replacement, must we go from frying pan to fire?

Anything done out of vendetta only make things worse, our football was better with the immediate past sports minister but out of politics and vendetta, he was removed, that is why we are were we are with the present sports minister who have managed things so badly.

Keshi may be a bad coach and I agree but please get a better replacement.

Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Goke7: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2014
iammo6: i disagree with u....so are you saying Brazil ate what they vomitted when they employed Dunga as their chief coach?? Siasia should not have been sacked in the first place. He is by far better than Keshi

Dunga has just been employed after the world cup, let's see what he can do but everyone knows that the major problem of brazil is actually the lack of better quality players, apart from Neymar, the brazil side is an average team based on what we saw at the world cup. Dunga may not achieve anything special, he's been there before and brazil could not even get to the semi final of the world cup when he was coach.

Siasia must win the Nations cup and get to the quarter finals of a world cup before we can say he's better than keshi, anything else is just an assumption!
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 26, 2014
compare Brazil's world cup squad to Nigeria's 2013 Nations cup squad, Nigeria is not anywhere near them...my point is, They(Brazil) over depended on Neymar which actually killed them but it doesnt really mean the rest of the squad lacks quality. I have no beef with Keshi but i never like his selection of players
Goke7:

Dunga has just been employed after the world cup, let's see what he can do but everyone knows that the major problem of brazil is actually the lack of better quality players, apart from Neymar, the brazil side is an average team based on what we saw at the world cup. Dunga may not achieve anything special, he's been there before and brazil could not even get to the semi final of the world cup when he was coach.

Siasia must win the Nations cup and get to the quarter finals of a world cup before we can say he's better than keshi, anything else is just an assumption!

Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Goke7: 11:13am On Sep 26, 2014
iammo6: compare Brazil's world cup squad to Nigeria's 2013 Nations cup squad, Nigeria is not anywhere near them...my point is, They(Brazil) over depended on Neymar which actually killed them but it doesnt really mean the rest of the squad lacks quality. I have no beef with Keshi but i never like his selection of players

and you think siasia has better selection than keshi?, do you remember siasia had problems with osaze too, do you remember he had issues with enyeama who was dropped for aiyenugba who cost us qualification for afcon 2012. Our problem is that we have short memories.

If you want to replace keshi, bring someone better and not a current jobless coach
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 26, 2014
recommend a better one
Goke7:

and you think siasia has better selection than keshi?, do you remember siasia had problems with osaze too, do you remember he had issues with enyeama who was dropped for aiyenugba who cost us qualification for afcon 2012. Our problem is that we have short memories.

If you want to replace keshi, bring someone better and not a current jobless coach
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by chrisooblog: 1:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
guess that's the problem who replaces keshi? honestly i think its too late to change coaches let keshi see us through this AFCON campaign but ideally i would prefer we get a dutch coach. a young, ambitious, tactical one who will be unknown so that we wont have to pay much plus i think the dutch style matches our own.

@goke7 bro dont think siasia was that bad. under him we played expansive attractive football. i think he was just unlucky and inexperienced to handle the big egos in the team. with time he will be back better
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Goke7: 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
chrisooblog: guess that's the problem who replaces keshi? honestly i think its too late to change coaches let keshi see us through this AFCON campaign but ideally i would prefer we get a dutch coach. a young, ambitious, tactical one who will be unknown so that we wont have to pay much plus i think the dutch style matches our own.

@goke7 bro dont think siasia was that bad. under him we played expansive attractive football. i think he was just unlucky and inexperienced to handle the big egos in the team. with time he will be back better

I totally agree with you but what many people fail to realize is that the class of 94 eagles are all full of egos, be it siasia, oliseh, okocha e.tc. cos they feel they are best Nigerian footballers ever, none of them i repeat can be different from keshi if we have them as coaches, they will always disagree with anyone who counters their opinion on issues such as selection of players, if you remember well, when Eguavoen was eagles coach, he also had problems with dealing with players like Aiyegbeni so what are we talking about.

We as Nigerians are just too difficult to please, no Nigerian coach can please everybody, he will always have issues and as for foreign coaches, nff does not even have money to employ the cheapest one. Nff only have money to employ a foreign coach in a world cup year cos the Govt would have made special budget for the eagles.
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Goke7: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
iammo6: recommend a better one

any coach who has taken a national team to the quarterfinals of a world cup is okay by me, anything short of this is a joke!
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by buskie13(m): 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
laplace19: Hope this is true,cos am just tired of Keshi..

He acts as if he doesn't care in most of our games if not all...
Even the way he sits and chew gums is very pestilential to me...

#teamSiasia#
imagine him putting on a baseball hat the day we played SA....de guy hasn't been serious since de confederation's cup
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by laplace19(m): 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
buskie13: imagine him putting on a baseball hat the day we played SA....de guy hasn't been serious since de confederation's cup

Glad someone has also noticed his unseriousness...

Always feeling like he has arrived
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by buskie13(m): 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
laplace19:

Glad someone has also noticed his unseriousness...

Always feeling like he has arrived
he's ran out of luck
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
you gotta be kidding.....
Goke7:

any coach who has taken a national team to the quarterfinals of a world cup is okay by me, anything short of this is a joke!
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Agimor(m): 5:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
I just come read opinion ntn else!
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by dabossman(m): 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
This is funny. The same Nigerians (including NFF) who clamoured for Siasia's sack are now calling for his return. When some of us said let him be, they said he was thrash, lacked tactical and technical know-how; the very same things they are accusing Keshi of now. So, we've gone full circle now abi?

I will keep saying it; our problem goes beyond coaching. There is a dearth of quality talent in our team. Majority of our players play in inferior leagues. Those who are in top leagues are either squad players or worse, bench warmers. Which Nigerian player at the moment is pivotal to the success of their club.

Sadly, rather than accept this and do their best to function as a team, our players feel larger than life and strut around the field feeling like super stars, expecting the opposition to just roll over and die. Most of them hardly progress in their careers. they are more concerned with money than personal development. David Beckham and Ronaldo are said to spend hours after team practice working on their free kicks. Are our players that devoted to developing their craft? We the fans don't help too with the way we over hype them.

We need to go back to the developmental level. We blame coaches for lack of tactics and technic forgetting that it is players that execute tactics. A coach can shout himself hoarse, but if players lack the technical ability to execute his tactics, it is an effort in futility. We need to develop more technical players. Players who are not just physical, but intelligent. Players who can think on their feet. But most importantly players who have a desire to be the best in the world and work constantly towards it. It is not enough for our youth players to excel at U-17 and then fade away. An it is not just a factor of age. Drogba did not become a household name until he was like 26. He was labelled a late bloomer. Even Okocha peeked in his late 20's. But their class could not be denied. That's not the case these days.

Siasia or Keshi, it's all good for me. Nigerians should however douse their overtly high expectations. Our players are not the best in the World or even Africa.

2 Likes

Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
I don't think Siasia Is d coach to lead us to d promise land, seriously dat guy got Ego problem I don't know when football house we ever learn.
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by enomakos(m): 6:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
sack keshi and employ manu garba
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Goke7: 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
dabossman: This is funny. The same Nigerians (including NFF) who clamoured for Siasia's sack are now calling for his return. When some of us said let him be, they said he was thrash, lacked tactical and technical know-how; the very same things they are accusing Keshi of now. So, we've gone full circle now abi?

I will keep saying it; our problem goes beyond coaching. There is a dearth of quality talent in our team. Majority of our players play in inferior leagues. Those who are in top leagues are either squad players or worse, bench warmers. Which Nigerian player at the moment is pivotal to the success of their club.

Sadly, rather than accept this and do their best to function as a team, our players feel larger than life and strut around the field feeling like super stars, expecting the opposition to just roll over and die. Most of them hardly progress in their careers. they are more concerned with money than personal development. David Beckham and Ronaldo are said to spend hours after team practice working on their free kicks. Are our players that devoted to developing their craft? We the fans don't help too with the way we over hype them.

We need to go back to the developmental level. We blame coaches for lack of tactics and technic forgetting that it is players that execute tactics. A coach can shout himself hoarse, but if players lack the technical ability to execute his tactics, it is an effort in futility. We need to develop more technical players. Players who are not just physical, but intelligent. Players who can think on their feet. But most importantly players who have a desire to be the best in the world and work constantly towards it. It is not enough for our youth players to excel at U-17 and then fade away. An it is not just a factor of age. Drogba did not become a household name until he was like 26. He was labelled a late bloomer. Even Okocha peeked in his late 20's. But their class could not be denied. That's not the case these days.

Siasia or Keshi, it's all good for me. Nigerians should however douse their overtly high expectations. Our players are not the best in the World or even Africa.

one of the best and unbiased post I have ever read on nairaland, truly our players are more concerned with money than development, that's why they were busy counting money into the early hours of the day they met France in Brazil.
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Goke7: 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
iammo6: you gotta be kidding.....

and you are for real abi? so funny
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
iammo6: compare Brazil's world cup squad to Nigeria's 2013 Nations cup squad, Nigeria is not anywhere near them.

Bullshiit. Inferiority complex alert. A team is dismantled 7-1 by Germany, and the Super Eagles are ''nowhere near them''? Are you drunk? Well, your problem is the problem of most Nigerians. Unlike the Germans, you would enter the field full of fear for the name Brazil. Losing even before a ball is kicked. Tragic.
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by HOMOTOYOSI10: 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
A ti gbo
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by HOMOTOYOSI10: 11:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
hollandis:

Seconded grin
Thirded cheesy
Re: NFF To Dump Keshi For Siasia. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:55am On Sep 27, 2014
iammo6: i disagree with u....so are you saying Brazil ate what they vomitted when they employed Dunga as their chief coach?? Siasia should not have been sacked in the first place. He is by far better than Keshi
Dunga Coached Brazil to win the confederations cup and the Copa America. He was fired because of a poor World Cup outing.

Brazil is not going back to their vomit but going back to jollof rice and chicken.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Will Be The Next Ballon D'or(fifa World Best Player)?? / Photo: Imagine If All These Real Madrid Legends Were In Zidane's Coaching Crew / Only Ronaldo Can Do This No Body Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.