Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,540 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:34 PM

Nigerians And The Hypocrotical Love Of Quoting Bible Scriptures. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerians And The Hypocrotical Love Of Quoting Bible Scriptures. (851 Views)

Student Expelled For Quoting Bible On Homosexuality Loses Reinstatement Appeal / Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Is It Possible To Cast Out Demons By Quoting Bible From A Tablet/android Phone.c (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And The Hypocrotical Love Of Quoting Bible Scriptures. by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 26, 2014
I am a christain,a proud one at that but iv noticed a very funny trend among nairalanders(nigerians in general)...quoting th bible to suit our individual philosophies.

1)HOMOSEXUALITY:-so many people will quote the bible and bring sodom and gomorrah into a conversation about homosexuality to suit their homophobic minds but will still talk about sex in the sexuality forum forgetting that THE SAME BIBLE THAT CONDEMS HOMOSEXUALITY ALSO CONDEMS FORNICATION and NO SIN IS GREATER THAN THE OTHER.

2)FEMINISM:- many will quote the part of the scriptures that says the woman should learn in subjection(btw u should understand the place of the apostles and their various prejudiced doctrines to difrnt churches) but will never bring out the fact dat deborah was a judge.

The same bible dat condems homosexuality says u are not allowed to judge.(rom 14:13)
The same bible that condems stealing says u shouldn't have tattoos(lev 19:28(niv)).
the same bible that says that lying is a sin also says in lev 19:19 that u shouldn't wear clothes of two difrnt materials.
I'm sure we are all guilty of one or more. If something is wrong wt d world start by correcting urself...
N.B:-m nt advocating for homosexuality or feminism(these are my most recent findings)...just airing my opinion. I STAND TO BE CORRECTED(with factual and unbiased reasons).
I stand to be insulted too,if it will make u feel any better.

My point is...nobody is perfect,we all have issuez we are battling with and u can never be more righteous than jesus...no one has made u a judge...love,correct in love...live ur life...help others(1cor13:13).

#GODBLESSNIGERIA.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And The Hypocrotical Love Of Quoting Bible Scriptures. by delishpot: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2014
phrenoz: I am a christain,a proud one at that but iv noticed a very funny trend among nairalanders(nigerians in general)...quoting th bible to suit our individual philosophies.

1)HOMOSEXUALITY:-so many people will quote the bible and bring sodom and gomorrah into a conversation about homosexuality to suit their homophobic minds but will still talk about sex in the sexuality forum forgetting that THE SAME BIBLE THAT CONDEMS HOMOSEXUALITY ALSO CONDEMS FORNICATION and NO SIN IS GREATER THAN THE OTHER.

2)FEMINISM:- many will quote the part of the scriptures that says the woman should learn in subjection(btw u should understand the place of the apostles and their various prejudiced doctrines to difrnt churches) but will never bring out the fact dat deborah was a judge.

The same bible dat condems homosexuality says u are not allowed to judge.(rom 14:13)
The same bible that condems stealing says u shouldn't have tattoos(lev 19:28(niv)).
the same bible that says that lying is a sin also says in lev 19:19 that u shouldn't wear clothes of two difrnt materials.
I'm sure we are all guilty of one or more. If something is wrong wt d world start by correcting urself...
N.B:-m nt advocating for homosexuality or feminism(these are my most recent findings)...just airing my opinion. I STAND TO BE CORRECTED(with factual and unbiased reasons).
I stand to be insulted too,if it will make u feel any better.

My point is...nobody is perfect,we all have issuez we are battling with and u can never be more righteous than jesus...no one has made u a judge...love,correct in love...live ur life...help others(1cor13:13).

#GODBLESSNIGERIA.

Amen, most so called holly Nigerians are more wicked and evil in their hearts. They are quick to condemn instead of being quick to convert. Quick to destroy hopes instead of building hope. Quick to reject and abbandon instead of being quick to guide in love and sincereity. Quick to condemn and cast in hell instead of quuck to save a soul.
Most radical religionists are worse than satan whom they claim to be enemies with. They go beyound what even the devil himself will consider wicked. Satan will even cringe when he sees them in action. Any religious radical should be feared. We have examples like ISIS and boko haram. They will behead even an unborn baby in the name of a god and, claim they are avoiding satan. where as, even satan salutes their evil hearts and evil deeds of their hands.
Pastors are not left out. They may not behead small babies but they send millions to hell with their datanic preachings and actions. I pray God firgives us all and open our eyes to see his true light.
Eh, we all have sinned and come short of Gods glory, but his love and mercy is here for us as long as we still have breath, but now, is better than later. Now is certain, later is not guaranteed. Hell is real and heaven is real.
I don repent.
Re: Nigerians And The Hypocrotical Love Of Quoting Bible Scriptures. by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 10:31am On Dec 03, 2014
I see this trend on Nairaland quite often and when people are arguing offline. A long while ago I was reading a thread which later turned out to a feminism brouhaha. The females there were replying intelligently without making reference to the scriptures. On the other hand, when the guys on that thread couldn't reply the same way anymore, they resorted into quoting the scriptures(something I've always noticed in people that lack concrete points outside the scriptures) in all of their points. To say I was ashamed(for them) is an understatement.

Without the scriptures a lot of us would be lost, but I find quoting the scriptures in every of your point especially when the argument isn't overly religious appalling. It basically shows lack of intelligence, lack of full understanding of the discussion at hand, and perhaps hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And The Hypocrotical Love Of Quoting Bible Scriptures. by Roum(m): 11:10pm On Jan 31, 2015
still searching for a word to describe u..

u are simply superb

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Scientific Study Finds First Hint Of ' Life After Death' / OPINION: Do human beings Die OR Its Only the Flesh Dat Dies ?? / PHD Holder Turns Church Upside Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.