Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom (1756 Views)

The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. / The Absurdity Of The Bible And Biblical Beliefs / Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by peteregwu(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
What is the passage in the bible to you? Pls op, read below.

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: 9:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: 9:48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by peteregwu(m): 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
CANTICLES: U obviously know d answer ... I listened to a news sometimes ago over d radio, ' A man burn his own son alive in fire' " it wasnt long dat police arrived, arrested and charged d man with MURDER! Is d man guilty? Was he not just imitating christendom cruel god,aftrall it was said dat he burn his own sons too in d fire? Ar u seein d insanity of dis doctrine? Yet dats what d devil has led most of u to bliv ! But d truth is 1john 4:8" God is love", wuld he do what NO RIGHTMINDED human parent wuld do? Never! ..WHAT IS D ORIGIN OF THE TEACHING OF HELFIRE? Started in ancient Babylon and Assryia ( the religion of Babylonia and Assyria, Boston 1898, Morris Jastrow, Jr., P. 581) No Wonder Wicked King Nebuchadnear Burn Pple Alive In A Burning Fire ( Dan 3:11,20) ... Its all pagan stuff ! But the root of dis God-dishonourin doctrine go deeper.D fiendish concepts asociated wit a hel of torment slander God&originate with d chief slanderer of God(Devil, wich name means "Slanderer),d one Jesus call " father of d lie"-joh8:44

Op, you need to read this in the bible. It is called everlasting fire. Thus, unquenchable fire.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by paulGrundy(m): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
CANTICLES: ...... Sir, As used in the contexts, the term " christendom " refers to proffessed or mouth christianity WHICH is diferent from the true christianity of d Bible! E.g There was no clergy - laity distictions among 1st early christians , beacause they took to heart d Lord Jesus words in Matthew 23:6-12" all of you are *brothers* .... Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted" ! But u can see dat today inequality has existed , some are CLERGIES .. While d poor are Laity! .... Tinz Fall Apart

So who is this true religion that did not join herself with babylon?
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by CANTICLES: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
peteregwu:

Op, you need to read this in the bible. It is called everlasting fire. Thus, unquenchable fire.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
...... I Hope Uv read dis post from d beginning , what u dont understand is dat d words of Jesus ar spirit&not to be taken literally ! Dis is one scripture dat will hurt ur ego " all this things Jesus spoke to the crowds by illustrations. Indeed , without an illustration he wont spoke to them " matt 13:34 ! Aswer dis: are d sheeps in dat parable literal sheeps? U say no, ar d goats in dat parable literal goats?No again ... What make u tink d everlastin fire is literal! my dear u nid to sit down and tink .. While Jude 7 Says Sodom sufer everlastin fire, is fire stil burning in dat city? No ..it simply was destroyed says 2pet 2:6
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by malvisguy212: 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
CANTICLES: If you don’t think you are one of these people going there let me assure you that according to the teaching, the majority of all humanity is headed to hell. This means your grannies, your grannpapies, your teenagers and all your love ones including your little girls and boys from the age of reasoning between right and wrong which is about 7 years and over. Did you just hear what I said? Are you listening? Your 7 year old child might just be sizzling in the fires of hell screaming in agonizing pain at this very moment while you sir are having a beer or you mam are shopping at the Mall for that beautiful dress! I told a Christians that my daughter die years ago without accepting Jesus as her Saviour and if she was burning in hell right now.
this is were draw my atension ,when we die, our body,flash decomposed and reaturn to dust,all your earthly nature vanish that include your brotherly love and the rest,what matter the most is the BREATH OF LIFE GOD BREATH IN YOU.DO YOU THINK THE HEAVENLY HOST HAS THE SAME NATURE WE HAVE HERE ON EARTH?
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by peteregwu(m): 8:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
CANTICLES: ...... I Hope Uv read dis post from d beginning , what u dont understand is dat d words of Jesus ar spirit&not to be taken literally ! Dis is one scripture dat will hurt ur ego " all this things Jesus spoke to the crowds by illustrations. Indeed , without an illustration he wont spoke to them " matt 13:34 ! Aswer dis: are d sheeps in dat parable literal sheeps? U say no, ar d goats in dat parable literal goats?No again ... What make u tink d everlastin fire is literal! my dear u nid to sit down and tink .. While Jude 7 Says Sodom sufer everlastin fire, is fire stil burning in dat city? No ..it simply was destroyed says 2pet 2:6

that is where you are wrong. that is not necessary. what about the story of the rich man and the poor Lazarus.

Luke 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence."

this fire burns forever and Jesus says it is an unquenchable fire and you are here arguing like Jehovah witness members, even Muslims believe hell fire is real and is forever.
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by CANTICLES: 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
malvisguy212: this is were draw my atension ,when we die, our body,flash decomposed and reaturn to dust,all your earthly nature vanish that include your brotherly love and the rest,what matter the most is the BREATH OF LIFE GOD BREATH IN YOU.DO YOU THINK THE HEAVENLY HOST HAS THE SAME NATURE WE HAVE HERE ON EARTH?
..... Gen 2:7 " ...God went on to form the man out of dust and to blow into his NOSTRILS the breath of life " ! Wow! I Love d scriptures , d breath of life was breath into Adams Nostrils .... Ar u seeing d truth? The breath of life is not a personalty BUT ITS d force dat activates life in humans and animals , dont scream yet! Animals av it ( gen 7:15,22 reads " they kept going to Noah inside the ark, two by two, every sort of flesh that has d breath of life" ! Its presence enables breathing or respiration dats why we ar living! Wat happens next? D scripture answers " everythin on dry land that had the breath of life in its NOSTRILS died!" verse 22 ! Meaning dey ceased breathing
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by malvisguy212: 8:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
CANTICLES: ..... Gen 2:7 " ...God went on to form the man out of dust and to blow into his NOSTRILS the breath of life " ! Wow! I Love d scriptures , d breath of life was breath into Adams Nostrils .... Ar u seeing d truth? The breath of life is not a personalty BUT ITS d force dat activates life in humans and animals , dont scream yet! Animals av it ( gen 7:15,22 reads " they kept going to Noah inside the ark, two by two, every sort of flesh that has d breath of life" ! Its presence enables breathing or respiration dats why we ar living! Wat happens next? D scripture answers " everythin on dry land that had the breath of life in its NOSTRILS died!" verse 22 ! Meaning dey ceased breathing
you dint answer my qustion. .DO YOU THINK
THE HEAVENLY HOST HAS THE SAME NATURE WE HAVE HERE ON
EARTH?
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by paulGrundy(m): 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
peteregwu:

that is where you are wrong. that is not necessary. what about the story of the rich man and the poor Lazarus.

Luke 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence."

this fire burns forever and Jesus says it is an unquenchable fire and you are here arguing like Jehovah witness members, even Muslims believe hell fire is real and is forever.

He will tell you that the story is symbolic, watch and see.
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by peteregwu(m): 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
paulGrundy:

He will tell you that the story is symbolic, watch and see.

hahaha....hmmm...people like that are just deceivers.
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by CANTICLES: 12:41am On Sep 28, 2014
peteregwu:

hahaha....hmmm...people like that are just deceivers.
....This Is the truth, and it will overcome you! Take it literal & make psalm 37:25 as a lie since lazarus begs 4 food; Take d rich man and lazarus as literal real story and contradict John 3:16 dats says Jesus must die before anyone av eternal life, take it literal and u are provin dat Christ statement in John 3:13 is false ! Ar u sayin Jesus Is Lying? ..... TRUTH! Lazarus and the rich man remains a Parable as d prodigal son (matt 13:34,35) ! Infact , am tellin u at dis moment dat Abraham mentioned in that parable is dead awaitin a resurection! ABRAHAM IS DEAD AND NOT IN HEAVEN! DEAD ! JOHN 8:53, JOHN 3:13, dust off ur bible&read dat straight in d scriptures ..Once again ,NO one is resurected to heaven before Jesus Christ ( 1Cor 15:23, Rev 1:5) do u bliv dis scripture? Dats Basic christianity 101! Thats d Truth ur pastor wont tell u; be lik d beroans who examine d scriptures carefully and the Truth will set u free!!
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by peteregwu(m): 2:19am On Sep 28, 2014
CANTICLES: ....This Is the truth, and it will overcome you! Take it literal & make psalm 37:25 as a lie since lazarus begs 4 food; Take d rich man and lazarus as literal real story and contradict John 3:16 dats says Jesus must die before anyone av eternal life, take it literal and u are provin dat Christ statement in John 3:13 is false ! Ar u sayin Jesus Is Lying? ..... TRUTH! Lazarus and the rich man remains a Parable as d prodigal son (matt 13:34,35) ! Infact , am tellin u at dis moment dat Abraham mentioned in that parable is dead awaitin a resurection! ABRAHAM IS DEAD AND NOT IN HEAVEN! DEAD ! JOHN 8:53, JOHN 3:13, dust off ur bible&read dat straight in d scriptures ..Once again ,NO one is resurected to heaven before Jesus Christ ( 1Cor 15:23, Rev 1:5) do u bliv dis scripture? Dats Basic christianity 101! Thats d Truth ur pastor wont tell u; be lik d beroans who examine d scriptures carefully and the Truth will set u free!!

So what do say to this verse in the bible? The bible says the smoke of their torment rose up forever and ever.

Revelation 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by CANTICLES: 8:20am On Sep 28, 2014
peteregwu:

So what do say to this verse in the bible? The bible says the smoke of their torment rose up forever and ever.

Revelation 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 14:10 The same shall drink of the Wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation;.
...... I Can See uv neva been told dat the book of revelations was written and presented in signs ( read Rev 1:1) dats d truth ! With dat background in mind ... Do u tink d wine of God mention in dis verse is literal ? So God manufacture wine or what ? Absurdity! ... Can u see d folly of takin Jesus word literal? Its time u guys think! Think! Think! Let d scripture Explain Itself, what is dis cup of wrath? Isaiah 51: 17-19 says Jerusalem will drink it ... Vrs 19 says it means destruction! Destruction! Devastation!Not som everlastin life in hell
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by CANTICLES: 8:42am On Sep 28, 2014
peteregwu:

Revelation 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 14:10 The same shall drink ..mixture into the cup of his indignation; &he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
.... Scripture shows d cup&wine is NOT literal, what make u tink d torment is literal? ..ar u wit ur bible , pls dust it off , we are nw talkin about the deep things of God! Can you see dat dis same statement was found in Isa 34:9,10 about d land of EDOM!!! Open ur bible and let d scripture explain itself
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by CANTICLES: 9:07am On Sep 28, 2014
Isaiah 34: 9,10 reads concerning the city of Edom" Her streams will be changed into pitch, And her dust into sulphur, And her land will become like burning pitch ... BY NIGHT OR BY DAY IT WILL NOT BE EXTINGUISED, ITS SMOKE WILL KEEP ASCENDIN FOREVER. From Generation to generation she will remain devastated" ! Can u see d folly of takin tinz literally ... 4 my billion euro, i ask: was d city of Edom thrown into anythin like helfire? Dats absurd... I Ask Again: " Is Fire Still Burning On the site of ancient EDOM" ? It ceased burning and d smoke went off many years ago! Its high time will dig deep into the scriptures ... What does dis sign or symbol mean ? Scripture explains it will bcom " empty .... Desolate ... Come to nothing "! Isa 34:11,12 ...dats it! Up till date d city of Edom ceased to exist ! Ruin, Empty ..Destroyed! Dat symbol indicate total destruction 4rm the universe " The siners wil vanish from the earth, &the wicked will no longer exist" ps 104:35... To cease to exist! { Jeremiah 25:17,32,33}
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by alexleo(m): 10:26am On Sep 28, 2014
peteregwu: O BOY, YOU MISSED ROAD, YOU NEED HELP!

Yea you are right. The guy needs help. He is teaching falsehood.
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by Rich4god(m): 10:29am On Sep 28, 2014
SMH for christians... Everyone is trying to out do each other in terms of bible interpretation...
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by Pdizzle(m): 10:32am On Sep 28, 2014
Why did Jesus continue to speak in parables even though the didn't understand, what is the essence of teaching then
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by alexleo(m): 10:51am On Sep 28, 2014
KingEbukasBlog: mr op does this post really matter ? are u giving hope to the unbelievers ? you should be more interested in making heaven than what hell has in store for unbelievers . After so much time you took to post this sef and it ends up being false . You need the Holy Spirit to guide you in sensitive issues like this and stop relying on your human intelligence for Christ's sake ! Thank you

The guy needs help.
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by CANTICLES: 11:03am On Sep 28, 2014
alexleo:

The guy needs help.
..... Really , am not suprised with ur comments , U are still among those whom have been trained to kill and torture their enemies ! Do u love ur enemies ? Certainly not ! U tink God is so shallow minded as such .... TRUTH: u dont just quote some verse blindly, u av to Be like d Apostles, Who " REASONING from the scripture" Act 17:2
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by alexleo(m): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2014
CANTICLES: ..... Really , am not suprised with ur comments , U are still among those whom have been trained to kill and torture their enemies ! Do u love ur enemies ? Certainly not ! U tink God is so shallow minded as such .... TRUTH: u dont just quote some verse blindly, u av to Be like d Apostles, Who " REASONING from the scripture" Act 17:2

Forget all your false stories bro. You are a deceiver. Stop interpreting the bible with sentiments and emotions. Only cheap minds who hates bitter truth and loves sweet falsehood will believe your gospel of deceit.
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by CANTICLES: 11:59am On Sep 28, 2014
alexleo:

Forget all your false stories bro. You are a deceiver. Stop interpreting the bible with sentiments and emotions. Only cheap minds who hates bitter truth and loves sweet falsehood will believe your gospel of deceit.
..... I Expect You To Have Taken Your Time To Read From The Beginnig, But U Didnt ; If U Av Sincerely Done So, it would av capture you like lightening because its the TRUTH!!
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by Timmytimmy: 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
This is what happens when people don't study the bible "exegesis"........ undecided

Op.....I understand that you said you've done a lot of bible study however there is something I call "spiritual constipation".....you conceived ideas, coupled with a lot of emotions and feelings, then went off to the bible and began searching for proof to support your claim...whew!...of course you'll find proof after all, the bible was written in a human language.

I won't try to convince you seeing that I've once been in your shoes and you probably have your mind set.I just want to offer you this advice.....ask yourself, what if I am wrong?....yes, you could be wrong.

To everyone, before crucifying the Op, think of your own selves when you were confused and pray for him.

God bless you.
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by paulGrundy(m): 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
CANTICLES: ...... I Can See uv neva been told dat the book of revelations was written and presented in signs ( read Rev 1:1) dats d truth ! With dat background in mind ... Do u tink d wine of God mention in dis verse is literal ? So God manufacture wine or what ? Absurdity! ... Can u see d folly of takin Jesus word literal? Its time u guys think! Think! Think! Let d scripture Explain Itself, what is dis cup of wrath? Isaiah 51: 17-19 says Jerusalem will drink it ... Vrs 19 says it means destruction! Destruction! Devastation!Not som everlastin life in hell

Oh I see, christians can now pick and choose verses they are to take as symbolic or literal.

My advice to you is that you should try and study the bible independently from watchtower literature. Thank you.
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by paulGrundy(m): 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
Timmytimmy: This is what happens when people don't study the bible "exegesis"........ undecided

Op.....I understand that you said you've done a lot of bible study however there is something I call "spiritual constipation".....you conceived ideas, coupled with a lot of emotions and feelings, then went off to the bible and began searching for proof to support your claim...whew!...of course you'll find proof after all, the bible was written in a human language.

I won't try to convince you seeing that I've once been in your shoes and you probably have your mind set.I just want to offer you this advice.....ask yourself, what if I am wrong?....yes, you could be wrong.

To everyone, before crucifying the Op, think of your own selves when you were confused and pray for him.

God bless you.

I don't think the OP has been doing any bible study, he is simply copying and pasting articles from Awake, Watchtower and their reasoning book.
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by Timmytimmy: 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
paulGrundy:

I don't think the OP has been doing any bible study, he is simply copying and pasting articles from Awake, Watchtower and their reasoning book.
.....I see, is he a JW?
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
Tallesty1: I'll like you to read when you are less busy. It is worth it.

The summary or rather what I understand is that the OP does not believe in eternal punishment in hell. He beliefs that judgement awaits all people who died as unbelievers. A terrible judgement but it will not last forever. It will be a refining judgement.

I stand corrected@OP. Tell me if I'm wrong so that I'll go through it again.
Hehehe. Wow. Interesting! And he has scriptural verses to back it! Just wow!
Re: The Absurdity Of Hell Doctrine (challenge To Christendom by Seun(m): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
Thread locked because the content is copied in its entirety. http://thetwoedgesword.com/the-absurdity-of-hell/

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2)

To Christians Alone: Do You Know That You Will Never Die / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (17/12/15) -persistence Brings The Answer / See Real Picture Of Jesus face as drawn by the daughter of Atheist Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.