Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month (8840 Views)

3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer / Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer / Exxon Mobil Job For Graduate And Experienced Engineers (second Class Upper) Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by deleo16(m): 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
bossmini84: Its all about how armed you are in the society. The truth was that education was to arm u to face life. I know 3rd class grads who do architectural viualization and per job they collect 1.2m of course they have workstaions ova 5million. I know of a microsoft dynamics xpert who red construction made a 3rd class and he contracts for major telecoms and advertising companies and his take home is well ova 2 million and I mean fresh graduate. it has moved beyond good grades now. Nigeria need xperts and most time these xperts are not readily available. Do u know that video editors who edits most of the videos u see in mtv base collects 400-800k per video. Cos they are very few in the country and u need a powerful computer and skillset that is not readily available. That why the rich gets richer and the poor poorer. Parents should reailze now that its all about giving their children the edge in life there are so many first class out there I have been trying to save to get a good computer buh ma salary is peanuts.
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by 100Cents: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
dytbabe:

grin grin grin grin
Tell them
We have bn waiting for the past 5yrs
Still waiting
grin grin grin

By the time hunger wires u ehn, u will be begging for a job of 30k
#naija4u

Your comment touch the bottom of my heart.

I offer you a job on the spot....

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by 100Cents: 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
deor03: In an much as i beleive that a graduate should not earn less than 100K per month, I think the focus of a fresh graduate should be

1. What value can i add to myself
2. What value can i add to my organization
3. What is my 5 year career road map

A guy earning 30K per month today , with a clear vision of where he/she is going can earn 700k per month in 5 years time, while someone that started with 250k per month can still be on 350K per month in 5 years

Employers pay for value not for your degree, after the 1st 3-5 years of work

Roadmap is key !!

It happened.
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by 100Cents: 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
Nutase: You sound like a girl of ages 18 - 20 who said if a guy does not have 6 pack and is not tall, rich and handsome she wont date talkless of marry him when she turns 23 - 25 she will drop d 6 pack and stick with the other options 26 - 28 she further drops the height by the time she is 29 and above she replaces all her options with just one option 'god fearing'.

Shine ya eyes bros, in as much as I believe in having standards DO NOT SET STANDARDS THAT ARE TO RIGID.

Some ladies don't understand this thing you are saying o. Even at 28, one is there which her problem is a rich man who dreeses well and looks younger than his age..

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by cybug: 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
nothing to add..

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
i really don't know what to add angry angry But i'll try

Not that a 250K job is impossible to Find, but you need to put in some substantial amount of work to EARN it! Thinking just your fine face and a B.SC certificate will earn you that much pay is just LOW...
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Lero15(m): 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
Nutase: You sound like a girl of ages 18 - 20 who said if a guy does not have 6 pack and is not tall, rich and handsome she wont date talkless of marry him when she turns 23 - 25 she will drop d 6 pack and stick with the other options 26 - 28 she further drops the height by the time she is 29 and above she replaces all her options with just one option 'god fearing'.

Shine ya eyes bros, in as much as I believe in having standards DO NOT SET STANDARDS THAT ARE TO RIGID.
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
bossmini84: Its all about how armed you are in the society. The truth was that education was to arm u to face life. I know 3rd class grads who do architectural viualization and per job they collect 1.2m of course they have workstaions ova 5million. I know of a microsoft dynamics xpert who red construction made a 3rd class and he contracts for major telecoms and advertising companies and his take home is well ova 2 million and I mean fresh graduate. it has moved beyond good grades now. Nigeria need xperts and most time these xperts are not readily available. Do u know that video editors who edits most of the videos u see in mtv base collects 400-800k per video. Cos they are very few in the country and u need a powerful computer and skillset that is not readily available. That why the rich gets richer and the poor poorer. Parents should reailze now that its all about giving their children the edge in life there are so many first class out there I have been trying to save to get a good computer buh ma salary is peanuts.

you've said it.
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by dytbabe: 4:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
100Cents:

Your comment touch the bottom of my heart.

I offer you a job on the spot....

Wey am?
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by sirwilly1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
Olutola88: What do you think of a Fresh graduate in Nigeria that has this kind of taste? Let's assume he finished with good grades, has desirable employability skills BUT isn't connected. She hasn't done any special professional course and he isn't a Graduate of Harvard University.

1.Would you say he or she should wake from SLUMBER, would you say he/she has a PREPOSTEROUS taste, Would you say he/she is an OPTIMIST or You'd say You love his/her SPIRIT?

2.How much do you feel should be the least decent salary( take home) a fresh graduate should be asking for(In a City like Lagos)?

I wouldn't want to disclose my take on the subject yet as this might directly or indirectly influence other people's comments.

Let's have your take on this. *patiently waiting for your analysis*

Questions for you.
1. Have you gone for NYSC service?
2. If your answer to question 1 is 'yes', have you finished your allowee?
If your answers to all the questions are 'yes', nobody would help you in the analysis.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by MenGoingThereWay: 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
The situation of Nigeria has so tormented the psychology of the graduates that they feel a job of 250k isn't meant for them...I wonder why its so okay in Nigeria for graduates to earn peanuts after all the years of intellectual labour at school.

The truth is that every day people are getting this jobs of 250k, 500k and above..Those pple don't have 2 heads...If u want the 250k job u can get it, all u have to do is work towards it and pray...U will get.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by tomiobj(m): 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
Olutola88: What do you think of a Fresh graduate in Nigeria that has this kind of taste? Let's assume he finished with good grades, has desirable employability skills BUT isn't connected. She hasn't done any special professional course and he isn't a Graduate of Harvard University.

1.Would you say he or she should wake from SLUMBER, would you say he/she has a PREPOSTEROUS taste, Would you say he/she is an OPTIMIST or You'd say You love his/her SPIRIT?

2.How much do you feel should be the least decent salary( take home) a fresh graduate should be asking for(In a City like Lagos)?

I wouldn't want to disclose my take on the subject yet as this might directly or indirectly influence other people's comments.

. 250k. For someone that just graduated. Wooo. U nid to start from the bottom before you get there
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by tomiobj(m): 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
MenGoingThereWay:

The situation of Nigeria has so tormented the psychology of the graduates that they feel a job of 250k isn't meant for them...I wonder why its so okay in Nigeria for graduates to earn peanuts after all the years of intellectual labour at school.

The truth is that every day people are getting this jobs of 250k, 500k and above..Those pple don't have 2 heads...If u want the 250k job u can get it, all u have to do is work towards it and pray...U will get.
. Which intellectual labour. That is why our country is going down. Its only in nigeria they will pay someone without experience 250k

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Cashio(m): 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
sorry if i derailed.. at 23 nd no admission yet, should one still hope on making it tru education or start up concentrate on business
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yeye man, he wan collect 250k. I said more than that when i just finished. Im sure when he starts to grow white biabia for house, he will beg to teach in a primary school wit salary of 8k. Even professors dey wander about without nothing to do. Or maybe he should go to vendor post early in the morning to see people with foreign degrees and accurate outspoken searching newspaper pages for job. Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by MenGoingThereWay: 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
tomiobj: . Which intellectual labour. That is why our country is going down. Its only in nigeria they will pay someone without experience 250k

May be u don't appreciate the labour u put in before u acquired ur degree hence ur statement "which intellectual labour"...Well out side Nigeria ur 30k, 50k, 60k jobs are internship pay....Outside the country they pay graduates without experience money they can use to cope with the living standards of d society like a female frd of mine who is fresh graduate in dubai recently got a good paying job not 60k, 30k kind without experience BUT in Nigeria Lagos, Abuja and Portharcourt precisely those peanut jobs will just make u survive and not live...some companies pay graduates without experience 250k, 300k and even 800k depending on d coy and d course of study...It is possible to get such paying jobs without experience people are getting it on a daily basis...

I just feel bad for this country and what it is making the graduates go through...the other time on TV some one was lamenting that Nigeria is the only place he knows in the world where it is okay for graduates to earn 30k.

If u find urself earning 30k now please continue to struggle to earn better...u went to school, starved urself off sleep, read, went on field trips, did internship and paid school fees..U deserve better than 30k...IT IS NOT NORMAL AS A GRADUATE TO EARN 30k, 25k etc. Don't make society wreck ur mind into believing its normal.

If at all ur earning amount like 30k, 25k or lower please make sure its something u have passion for and that u can build upon with experience acquired.

Finally, Its possible to get 250k job as a fresh graduate remain positive, keep applying, network, don't be to proud to beg or ask questions, add more value to urself, open ur mouth and tell pple about ur job search and PRAY...God answers prayers.

-MenGoingThereWay

5 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by iCool(m): 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
In an much as i beleive that a graduate should not earn less than 100K per month, I think the focus of a fresh graduate should be

1. What value can i add to myself
2. What value can i add to my organization
3. What is my 5 year career road map

A guy earning 30K per month today , with a clear vision of where he/she is going can earn 700k per month in 5 years time, while someone that started with 250k per month can still be on 350K per month in 5 years

Employers pay for value not for your degree, after the 1st 3-5 years of work

Roadmap is key !!

It happened.

And it is still happening..

A friend of mine works with an OnG servicing company with salary of about 100k approximately 2years after (just this month), he has gotten an international job. The new salary no be here ooo... A lil over 5 X his current pay.

You just have to put in time men unless na Shell employ you fresh from school to fit pay you 250k!
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Olutola88(m): 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
MenGoingThereWay:

I was patiently reading this bro's comment and as soon as I saw “if you need job of 250K” the next thing I was expecting was “just contact me”. LMAO!

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Olutola88(m): 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
shegzyvic: Yeye man, he wan collect 250k. I said more than that when i just finished. Im sure when he starts to grow white biabia for house, he will beg to teach in a primary school wit salary of 8k. Even professors dey wander about without nothing to do. Or maybe he should go to vendor post early in the morning to see people with foreign degrees and accurate outspoken searching newspaper pages for job. Mtcheeeew
chai! This bros don vex. Lmao!
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by ogawisdom(m): 8:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
Lol I dnt kw y this cracked me up he/she for kuku make it 1m undecided even if he/she is d only graduate in his state. For every graduate opening paying 40 to 100k there r over 10000 graduates competing for it lipsrsealed goodluck sha experience is d best teacher
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
MenGoingThereWay:

May be u don't appreciate the labour u put in before u acquired ur degree hence ur statement "which intellectual labour"...Well out side Nigeria ur 30k, 50k, 60k jobs are internship pay....Outside the country they pay graduates without experience money they can use to cope with the living standards of d society like a female frd of mine who is fresh graduate in dubai recently got a good paying job not 60k, 30k kind without experience BUT in Nigeria Lagos, Abuja and Portharcourt precisely those peanut jobs will just make u survive and not live...some companies pay graduates without experience 250k, 300k and even 800k depending on d coy and d course of study...It is possible to get such paying jobs without experience people are getting it on a daily basis...

I just feel bad for this country and what it is making the graduates go through...the other time on TV some one was lamenting that Nigeria is the only place he knows in the world where it is okay for graduates to earn 30k.

If u find urself earning 30k now please continue to struggle to earn better...u went to school, starved urself off sleep, read, went on field trips, did internship and paid school fees..U deserve better than 30k...IT IS NOT NORMAL AS A GRADUATE TO EARN 30k, 25k etc. Don't make society wreck ur mind into believing its normal.

If at all ur earning amount like 30k, 25k or lower please make sure its something u have passion for and that u can build upon with experience acquired.

Finally, Its possible to get 250k job as a fresh graduate remain positive, keep applying, network, don't be to proud to beg or ask questions, add more value to urself, open ur mouth and tell pple about ur job search and PRAY...God answers prayers.

-MenGoingThereWay
em.. Bros, i gotta ask a few questions.

1. Do you live in naija or saudi arabia?

2. Are you a graduate?

3. If the answer to number 2 is yes, do you have a job?

4. If the answer to number 3 is yes, what was your first pay packet like as a fresh graduate?

Truthful answers please. No bashing or else Amadioha eye go enter the matter. Peace
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2014

Well,i think the graduate doesn't have ambition. Damn it. 250k is chicken change. The Dude or Dudette involved should be thinking of a 6 figure starting salary,with a penthouse paid for by the company involved. A cook,groom and driver, either a white maybach landaulet or black rolls royce silver ghost black bison as an official car. A gulfstream jet and a 3 month yearly vacation @ any exotic place of his or her choice. Because dammit,he or she is a damn bloody graduate. #Yimu.

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by thwarrior72: 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2014

Classic...lol
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Ehimenboy(m): 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
jossi994:
Truthful answers please. No bashing or else Amadioha eye go enter the matter. Peace
This fellow is quite funny. You just called Amadioha and the next, you said 'peace'! Both aren't mutually inclusive. It's like threatenimg to invoke Lucifer and saying 'shalom'.
*smiles*

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ehimenboy:
This fellow is quite funny. You just called Amadioha and the next, you said 'peace'! Both aren't mutually inclusive. It's like threatenimg to invoke Lucifer and saying 'shalom'.
*smiles*
my bros,no mind me gan. Na carrot and stick approach i dey use.. grin

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by MenGoingThereWay: 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
jossi994: em.. Bros, i gotta ask a few questions.

1. Do you live in naija or saudi arabia?

2. Are you a graduate?

3. If the answer to number 2 is yes, do you have a job?

4. If the answer to number 3 is yes, what was your first pay packet like as a fresh graduate?

Yes am a Graduate and my first pay wasn't up to 250k but was more than a 100k and just because mine wasn't up to 250k that doesn't mean there no fresh graduates that got jobs worth 250k and even above 250k infact 2 of my frds did. one went to the marine time academy oron and scored a job with LNG another got a job as a fresh graduate with Bournbon and I even know of a frd whose younger brother presently got a job without experience and has been flown to paris for further training.

People are getting this big good jobs even as fresh graduates...There is nothing wrong in wanting such jobs and working towards getting them and just because one isn't fortunate to get them doesn't mean some graduates are not getting them.

In nigeria people use connections, I even hear pple pay for jobs sef BUT I believe there are pple out there still getting this good paying jobs without connections or pay.

The key is information, network, tell people, keep applying, believe, remain positive and pray.

I rest my case.

-MenGoingThereWay

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by ebukaOtika(m): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
*In Biliki Clinic matter's voice*you just dey Desiff yourself,,.,,. just pray make you no wait for job until Chicken grow teeth
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
This is VERY much posssible.

Infact I KNOW there are people like that. Definitely they'd have to be exceptionally good

Go ask McKinsey how much they pay a fresh graduate. And definitely not just any graduate can even apply, not to talk of writing their test.
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 27, 2014
The brain of Nigerian Graduates have been so washed that they see a #250K starting salary as Impossible!
We need to out-think our Dumb mentality(That will be after admitting it is dumb grin )

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by AYOUNG(m): 5:42am On Sep 27, 2014
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Olutola88(m): 8:47am On Sep 27, 2014
MenGoingThereWay: Yes am a Graduate and my first pay wasn't up to 250k but was more than a 100k and just because mine wasn't up to 250k that doesn't mean there no fresh graduates that got jobs worth 250k and even above 250k infact 2 of my frds did. one went to the marine time academy oron and scored a job with LNG another got a job as a fresh graduate with Bournbon and I even know of a frd whose younger brother presently got a job without experience and has been flown to paris for further training.

People are getting this big good jobs even as fresh graduates...There is nothing wrong in wanting such jobs and working towards getting them and just because one isn't fortunate to get them doesn't mean some graduates are not getting them.

In nigeria people use connections, I even hear pple pay for jobs sef BUT I believe there are pple out there still getting this good paying jobs without connections or pay.

The key is information, network, tell people, keep applying, believe, remain positive and pray.

I rest my case.

-MenGoingThereWay
This Gentleman knows what he's been saying. Most of the People that have been commenting make us feel there are no companies in Nigeria that offer N250,000 and above to starters.

If I may ask, how much does Exxon Mobil offer? Chevron, Total, Shell, Schlumberger, Procter & Gamble, Guinness, Heineken &how much does NNPC offer fresh graduates? I believe Nigerians work in these companies.

The most saddening part of the whole story is that the situation of the country has infected our mentality that many eligible graduates don't even bother to apply to these places because they feel they can't get jobs as big as that.

Nevertheless, I still believe N150,000 and N120,000 isn't bad for a Lagos job and Ibadan job respectively.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flour Mills Of Nig / Invitation For Competency Based Test / Deloitte Nigeria Job Recruitment (17 Positions) / Rev Foods & Beverages Limited Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.