Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai (62539 Views)

Oil And Jobs At Prime & Hills Energy Services Limited / Recent Careers And Jobs In Nigeria (graduate And Professionals) / Uac Foods Vacancies And Jobs In Nigeria - Bsc / Hnd Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by menix(m): 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2014
@CBNIM...
I mean 4 month in 9ja ..
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 4:50pm On Nov 08, 2014
@Menix, you cannot get something better after a year because your contract will be for 2years it means that you will have to work for that period first before changing job or you continue with your previous company with a bit of pay rise.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by menix(m): 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
slimup:
@Menix, you cannot get something better after a year because your contract will be for 2years it means that you will have to work for that period first before changing job or you continue with your previous company with a bit of pay rise.

Booty sayz wat she has got to offer, i can move after a year nd i wuld b d custodian of my passport..
is dat possible?
Secondly wiv my qualification nd experience can i get a job wiv dignity after expiration of d contract.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Bootylicious(f): 6:28am On Nov 09, 2014
menix:

Booty sayz wat she has got to offer, i can move after a year nd i wuld b d custodian of my passport..
is dat possible?
Secondly wiv my qualification nd experience can i get a job wiv dignity after expiration of d contract.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Bootylicious(f): 6:29am On Nov 09, 2014
When did I tell you that you'll be the custodian of your passport? Jezzz easy!!! No company will allow u part with your passport except you are going on vacation that's what I said. There are very good jobs in Dubai( white collar jobs) but the bitter truth is hardly will any company employ a Nigerian for such positions with out dubai work experience, the work experience is more important to them than your qualification. Get to dubai, gain experience and while you can enrol for professional courses to strengthen your CV,you'll should just drop the noise of my qualification blah blah blah, they don't care, only few people are able to land very good jobs at first entrant and don't even be shocked you get denied a job for being over qualified sef
menix:

is dat possible?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by qualified(f): 11:29am On Nov 09, 2014
Bootylicious:
When did I tell you that you'll be the custodian of your passport? Jezzz easy!!! No company will allow u part with your passport except you are going on vacation that's what I said. There are very good jobs in Dubai( white collar jobs) but the bitter truth is hardly will any company employ a Nigerian for such positions with out dubai work experience, the work experience is more important to them than your qualification. Get to dubai, gain experience and while you can enrol for professional courses to strengthen your CV,you'll should just drop the noise of my qualification blah blah blah, they don't care, only few people are able to land very good jobs at first entrant and don't even be shocked you get denied a job for being over qualified sef

Madam pls can u take ur marketing to ur own thread? U are derailing this one!

Yes the companies need gulf experience (UAE experience) but it all depends on qualifications, experience and ur agent! I know a Nigerian who works as a Consultant in a big oil company there. He got d job while here. He never paid a dime, in fact they paid his flight too. And he still has his passport and no one dare ask him to drop it with them!

Yes some companies

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by qualified(f): 11:43am On Nov 09, 2014
Yes some companies keep the passports but those companies are agents like u! Infact I call them slave masters. They keep ur passport to tie u to d job for two years, incase u start thinking of walking away.

Yes getting a job is difficult but not impossible!

And who says qualifications don't count? Hmm na platewwashing?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by menix(m): 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
Bootylicious:
ein

Sincerely, dat wat ur guyz told mii wen I called nd asked them, dey said 2yrs contract buh I did keep my passport, nd bliving u supported dat assertion wiv d below chat:

Participants:
-------------
Lannister D: Buh all dis job is a contract of 2yrs
Lannister D: ?
INNOVATIVE DIMENSIONS INT. TRAVELS& HR CONSULTANT: You can use 1 year and leave
Lannister D: Seriously
Lannister D: Cous most pple say u mst serve 4 2yrs
Lannister D: Even ur guyz @ ikeja
INNOVATIVE DIMENSIONS INT. TRAVELS& HR CONSULTANT: Well it's only d driving job u must serve ur 2yrs complete
INNOVATIVE DIMENSIONS INT. TRAVELS& HR CONSULTANT: It's only d driving that offers dat

Buh If I misrepresented u on dat, sowii buh since dey re having my passport ow do I go about quiting for another after a year..
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Bootylicious(f): 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
Wrong information you were given, work for 1 year and leave doesn't mean u'll be with your passport,after 1 year ure entitled for vacation that's when you'll be given your passport
menix:

Sincerely, dat wat ur guyz told mii wen I called nd asked them, dey said 2yrs contract buh I did keep my passport, nd bliving u supported dat assertion wiv d below chat:

Participants:
-------------
Lannister D: Buh all dis job is a contract of 2yrs
Lannister D: ?
INNOVATIVE DIMENSIONS INT. TRAVELS& HR CONSULTANT: You can use 1 year and leave
Lannister D: Seriously
Lannister D: Cous most pple say u mst serve 4 2yrs
Lannister D: Even ur guyz @ ikeja
INNOVATIVE DIMENSIONS INT. TRAVELS& HR CONSULTANT: Well it's only d driving job u must serve ur 2yrs complete
INNOVATIVE DIMENSIONS INT. TRAVELS& HR CONSULTANT: It's only d driving that offers dat

Buh If I misrepresented u on dat, sowii buh since dey re having my passport ow do I go about quiting for another after a year..
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Bootylicious(f): 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hardly was in my write up innit? It's a slim chance
qualified:

Madam pls can u take ur marketing to ur own thread? U are derailing this one!

Yes the companies need gulf experience (UAE experience) but it all depends on qualifications, experience and ur agent! I know a Nigerian who works as a Consultant in a big oil company there. He got d job while here. He never paid a dime, in fact they paid his flight too. And he still has his passport and no one dare ask him to drop it with them!

Yes some companies
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
Just be warned and be informed that 90% jobs we get as Africans are all 2years contract nothing more, nothing less. Don't allow any agent to talk you into 1year or half year contract, when your money gets into there hands and you arrive here to see reality, NOBODY will be with you to cry even your agent will desert you. Mark my words.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by menix(m): 7:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
Bootylicious:
Wrong information you were given, work for 1 year and leave doesn't mean u'll be with your passport,after 1 year ure entitled for vacation that's when you'll be given your passport

Buh wiv d info. U gave mii ow do I leave for another job after a year.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Bootylicious(f): 9:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
Most companies allow the employee leave after 1 year they'll give u a NOC which can allow you change job and for free zone company in 6months they can release you. For the driving job, you have to complete ur 2yrs contract..
menix:

Buh wiv d info. U gave mii ow do I leave for another job after a year.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by nibblekenny: 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2014
slimup:
Just be warned and be informed that 90% jobs we get as Africans are all 2years contract nothing more, nothing less. Don't allow any agent to talk you into 1year or half year contract, when your money gets into there hands and you arrive here to see reality, NOBODY will be with you to cry even your agent will desert you. Mark my words.

Mr Slim. Are you presently in Dubai?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by alpea(f): 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2014
I HAVE BEEN APPLYING FOR HSE JOBS IN DUBAI (COS THEY HAVE SO MANY OPENINGS ON A DAILY BASIS )FROM NIGERIA AND NEVER GET CALLED. I HAVE A MASTERS IN HSE FROM A SCHOOL IN THE UK. PLEASE HOW DO GET HSE JOB IN DUBAI COS I WANT TO HAVE INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE. THANKS

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Neyozak: 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2014
@Slimup, please i need ur clarification. A friend of my currently work in dubai and promise to connect me with a job. I av sent my notorised documents to him online. He said if things work dey way we want, he said i would be invited by d company to hire me with all expenses on visa and flight ticket paid by d company. So what is ur comment on my friend promise and if found positive how soon should i be expecting.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by shawn5ng(m): 6:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hello slimup,
Please how is it possible to get a banking job there as a full staff. I am a Banker in Nigeria on contract and I intend to quit my job anytime soon.
A friend told me I shld get one month leave and head to dubai and search for job.
Am really giving it a serious consideration.
Please advise.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
@ nibblekenny yes.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 7:57pm On Nov 10, 2014
@ Alpea, you have a good chance of landing a good job becos of your foreign certificate, but the truth is, you have to be on ground here to get the job because there are lots of people already here that have better certificates yet they are still queuing for jobs so it would be very difficult to get from Niaja becos there are lots and lots of qualified people here okay? Besides, the job market here gives preference to USA, Europe, China, Indian, the rest of the white race, before considering black Africans. This is the reality.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 7:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
@ Neyozak, what your friend has told you is OK but as soon as he starts asking for money to process this or that, wear your racing shoes.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by qualified(f): 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2014
Neyozak:
@Slimup, please i need ur clarification. A friend of my currently work in dubai and promise to connect me with a job. I av sent my notorised documents to him online. He said if things work dey way we want, he said i would be invited by d company to hire me with all expenses on visa and flight ticket paid by d company. So what is ur comment on my friend promise and if found positive how soon should i be expecting.

What ur friend said is possible but it depends on some factors like: are ur experience and qualifications rare n highly desired by companies; who is ur agent(ur friend), does he work as HR or has a solid person who does? Etc

As I said earlier, someone I know got such offer, and is there currently.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
@Shawn5ng, You can do as your friend has advised. pls don't quite your job yet until you come and succeed. How ever, from my experience, banking jobs are not easily accessible to us. The indigenous natives and Indians are more into banking so if you ask me, I will say come but don't dwell on banking job alone if not, you will be disappointed.
Try and leave your choice open and pray to Baba God for the best.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by alpee: 12:09am On Nov 11, 2014
Thank you very much Slim.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Neyozak: 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
Thanks Slimup and the qualified, but do u think is worthwhile to leave Nigeria in search for entrant job in Engineering with ND or HND qualifications. Pls what is d average entrant pay converted to Nigeria currency. Thanks 4 ur reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
@ Neyozak, it is worth the while if and only if you will be lucky enough to land an Engineering job in Abu Dhabi. But the job situation here is bad and good depending on your luck and destiny. There are many Engineers here teaching and some working as security guys so it depends on you actually.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
@ alpea, you are welcome
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
still here
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by alpea(f): 12:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
yes
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 9:02am On Nov 26, 2014
ok
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Empress2014(f): 11:24am On Nov 26, 2014
slimup:
I want to use this medium to assist people who are looking for honest career and jobs in the UAE. Ask me here and I will reply.
hi slimup, I sent you an email

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

2015 Nestoil Recruitment / Girl Holding Placard Begs Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Linda Ikeji To Help Her Father / Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.