Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai (62562 Views)

Oil And Jobs At Prime & Hills Energy Services Limited / Recent Careers And Jobs In Nigeria (graduate And Professionals) / Uac Foods Vacancies And Jobs In Nigeria - Bsc / Hnd Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by mystikal(m): 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
slimup,

Can you recommend good universities that offer PhD programmes in Marine Engineering Fields in Dubai?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Lacomb(m): 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
Please, can you help me about the taxi driver's job in Dubai? I would like know more about it. You can mail me on o at yahoo.com with your contact so I could contact you.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 10:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
@ mystical, no sir. You may have to Google it up and make your choice they have quite a handful of foreign unis here in Dubai and expensive too.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 10:18pm On Mar 14, 2015
k, I will.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 10:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
@ Ucheman,

But my questions is:
I have one month Visa presently, can I easily get a
job with it?

U could if u are lucky but you could have procured 3 months tourists visa.

What if I can come in with up to 500k or more after
expenses, do I have to look for job or buy residency
(what's the price)...?

You will look for job, residency is from 700k upward.

What food stuff or otherwise can I come in with... So
I can resell?

Not just coming in with but getting a sakes contact first is more important. Egusi, bitter leaf, crayfish. yams if u can pay the kg, garrison and others.

Can I find a company that can process work visa for
me without working with them?

Yes u can depends on your contact.

How much can I keep for the work visa/ residency ?
If I can come in with such amount, will you advice me
to work( already this is the third time am coming to
dubai, subsequent ones were for business on 2 week
visa and I only stayed at deira park hotel...

Residency is best but it means u have to be self employed and that means u have to be sure of what to do that will be generating cash for u always or better still you work.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by dayoungmoney1: 10:46pm On Mar 14, 2015
dayoungmoney1:
hi slim, a friend is currently helping me process dubai visa. i'm a computer professional, hope i'll be able to secure a computer job on time. or what kind of job can i easily get? thanks.
i need ur response slimup
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 11:05am On Mar 17, 2015
Your friend should be the right person to answer your questions since he is procuring your visa , he has to make sure you are comfortable and fulfilled while in Dubai.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by ugsams(m): 12:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
slimup:
@ Ucheman,

But my questions is:
I have one month Visa presently, can I easily get a
job with it?

U could if u are lucky but you could have procured 3 months tourists visa.

What if I can come in with up to 500k or more after
expenses, do I have to look for job or buy residency
(what's the price)...?

You will look for job, residency is from 700k upward.

What food stuff or otherwise can I come in with... So
I can resell?

Not just coming in with but getting a sakes contact first is more important. Egusi, bitter leaf, crayfish. yams if u can pay the kg, garrison and others.

Can I find a company that can process work visa for
me without working with them?

Yes u can depends on your contact.

How much can I keep for the work visa/ residency ?
If I can come in with such amount, will you advice me
to work( already this is the third time am coming to
dubai, subsequent ones were for business on 2 week
visa and I only stayed at deira park hotel...

Residency is best but it means u have to be self employed and that means u have to be sure of what to do that will be generating cash for u always or better still you work.

Nice advice bro
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by ejiro2130(m): 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
Slimup nice thread u have here and the advice u giving out seems top notch,

Anyway, u said it's advisable to come over to secure a job, my problem is I have been applying for jobs online for sometime without any success, I am a driller, safety officer and chemical Analyst with years of experience I have a good LinkedIn profile but I still cudnt secure something with the peeps over der.

Will you still advice somebody looking for job in those area to travel to dubai in search for a job?? Or just stick with online job search??

Again, I appreciate what u doing on this thread, thanks.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 5:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
@ Ejiro. yes it advise able to be on ground because the Indian professionals and other white skinned peeps are here grabbing all the opportunities available. It means that hardly will a company leave thousands of professionals or otherwise on ground to recruit and start looking out to some body in his home country to bring on board. It happens most times but the chances are very very slim. So ones again I will advise u to come over and search job yourself.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by ugsams(m): 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
ejiro2130:
Slimup nice thread u have here and the advice u giving out seems top notch,

Anyway, u said it's advisable to come over to secure a job, my problem is I have been applying for jobs online for sometime without any success, I am a driller, safety officer and chemical Analyst with years of experience I have a good LinkedIn profile but I still cudnt secure something with the peeps over der.

Will you still advice somebody looking for job in those area to travel to dubai in search for a job?? Or just stick with online job search??

Again, I appreciate what u doing on this thread, thanks.

Search for details about National Drilling Company(NDC ). They are doing massive recruitment from a lot of countries including Naija. A lot of Nigerians who were recruited in the last exercise has concluded their induction program and some has written their IWCF. Do your research very well, they should be in Nigeria soon for the next recruitment that's if they are not there already. This is as much information as I can give online. Goodluck in your research.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by okeyz(m): 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
ugsams:

Search for details about National Drilling Company(NDC ). They are doing massive recruitment from a lot of countries including Naija. A lot of Nigerians who were recruited in the last exercise has concluded their induction program and some has written their IWCF. Do your research very well, they should be in Nigeria soon for the next recruitment that's if they are not there already. This is as much information as I can give online. Goodluck in your research.

God bless you jare !!!
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by ejiro2130(m): 12:49am On Mar 19, 2015
ugsams:

Thanks really grateful, am in Ghana at the moment, but will check, thanks a lot
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by ejiro2130(m): 12:52am On Mar 19, 2015
slimup:
@ Ejiro. yes it advise able to be on ground because the Indian professionals and other white skinned peeps are here grabbing all the opportunities available. It means that hardly will a company leave thousands of professionals or otherwise on ground to recruit and start looking out to some body in his home country to bring on board. It happens most times but the chances are very very slim. So ones again I will advise u to come over and search job yourself.

Thanks, will think abt it
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 10:16am On Mar 20, 2015
Welcome
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by jamislaw(m): 12:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
@ slim pls like how much do I need to travel to Dubai, Before securing a job? Will I pay for hotel differently on reaching there and feeding too?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 8:06am On Apr 09, 2015
your visa and ticket will be like 300k, you can sleep in a hotel for one night on arrival before you secure accommodation and yes you will pay for every thing u do here because even in free town, nothing is free.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hi slim up. Got a friend who studied engineering and desperate to relocate to UAE for gud job opportunities. What part of uae do u think employs dem d most and wat do u thnk d employers rily look out for?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
for his course, he has to stay at Abu Dhabi that is the oil city and from there he can start searching. He would need above all else luck and the Gos factor
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by decuba: 9:50am On Apr 18, 2015
Hi,got a job offer in Dubai..as a cad designer..but d offer was 4500aed n no accommodation.is it good.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 5:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
yes it is. Normally jobs above 3500 usually come without accommodation, u will survive it.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by shawn5ng(m): 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hello Slimup,
I applied for dubai visa through a friend in dubai for one month visa and i was rejected a visa as a result of not meeting the age of 40. could that be possible? If yes are they not suppose to refund me my money.
My friend and i has planned it that if i can there i will come and apply for banking job and now that my visa was not given am just confused. Please what is the best option for me now?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 11:52am On Apr 19, 2015
He may have lied to u or the agent he used does not know his onions. As I write this, every day under aged boys and girls come into the UAE for different reasons. He should have known before applying because some of the agents will tell u point blank u have to be 40 and above while some will tell u it doesn't matter but u would have to pay more for the visa.
If you are still bent on going and have money, then u have to apply again through another serious agent.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by emamos: 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Blackchampion(m): 8:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
leeraz:
Design software training and tutorial videos for sale.....Abuja.

Buy your Designing videos and software at a very cheap price..we also offer training on the various software..

#AutoCAD
#Civil 3D
#Civil CAD
#Revit architecture
#Revit MEP
#Solidworks
#Maya
#Inventor
#Microsoft Project
#Microsoft Access
#PDMS
#P&ID
#3D Max
#e.t.c....call 08103173481 or 09099820504.

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by emamos: 6:37am On Apr 20, 2015
slimup:
I want to use this medium to assist people who are looking for honest career and jobs in the UAE. Ask me here and I will reply.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by iwatch: 9:33am On Apr 20, 2015
fashrules:
i would be glad if you could drop some genuine gulf recruitment websites so many unserious sites out there and i have tried quite a few.
can i have maybe your email, please?
sometimes, you don't need to wait for anyone to get information. I am very sure if I keyin the emboldened into google, I will get a handful of what I want. wink
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 9:10am On Apr 21, 2015
But seriously Google still remains your best bet because each new day, new sites come on board that we that are already employed and settled do not even care to know.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Adeoban: 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
@slimup, pls any enquire about the taxi jobs in Dubai.
My contact: adeoba360@yahoo.com
I look forward in hearing from you.
Thank you..
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by shawn5ng(m): 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
slimup:
He may have lied to u or the agent he used does not know his onions. As I write this, every day under aged boys and girls come into the UAE for different reasons. He should have known before applying because some of the agents will tell u point blank u have to be 40 and above while some will tell u it doesn't matter but u would have to pay more for the visa.
If you are still bent on going and have money, then u have to apply again through another serious agent.

Dear Slimup,
Thank you for your quick response. I really appreciate your comment. However, i will like to say this rejection has really affected me negatively. Please help me look at the attached letter he sent to me if this is genuine or fake.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Blackchampion(m): 7:06am On Apr 27, 2015
Now here is my gist, I'm Chemical Engineer
with experiences in d following areas:
* Production/Manufacturing Techniques,
* Plant Monitoring/Optimization
* Process Control
* Quality Control, Assurance and Analysis
* Raw Materials' Evaluation
* Safety and Health
* Laboratory Techniques (Chemical, Physical
and Oil Test & Analysis)
* Management Information System on
Production Plant Operations.
But now hearing the negligence of Nigerians in
this areas in Dubai, am considering towing
computer field of likely Basic Computer
Operations as I'm fuckingly proficient in MS
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD and Corel
Draw. What's u guys take on dis? @ ALL:
Critics re welcome
Cc: Slimup and all ogas in d house. What
do guys think

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12)

2015 Nestoil Recruitment / Girl Holding Placard Begs Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Linda Ikeji To Help Her Father / Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.