Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

"Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio (87178 Views)

Please Which Chemistry Textbook Is Best For Advance Level / What Is The Best Maths,physics And Chemistry Textbook / Please Recommend The Best A Level Chemistry Textbook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by queen2(f): 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2005
Hey, trying to solve some science question, basically chemistry, anyone knows where i can get the book Osei yaw Ababio, i love the book, its one of the best chemistry text book i ever used.
Its detailed with lots and lots of chemistry topics. wink
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by nike4luv(f): 10:30pm On Sep 22, 2005
i'm not sure theres any ababios here Queenie..but there are some other good text books too u know
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by WesleyanA(f): 11:50pm On Sep 22, 2005
wth is ababio now? an author? rolleyes
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by nike4luv(f): 12:21am On Sep 23, 2005
its a chemistry text book we used in nigeria..
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by Missworld(f): 5:41am On Sep 23, 2005
I still have my Ababio here with me. Here's the story. I was in S.S.1 when I wanted to take chemistry but the teacher could only accept students based on bribery not the academic merits and my dad refused to bribe her. So.... I was kicked out of the class. I started reading the chemistry text book on my own but it was very difficult yet I didn't want to let go it so I came here with it. After I opened some books here by American authors I realized why studying was so hard in Nigeria. That Ababio which was used to teach introductory chemistry is written in a way that even a university student will have difficulty understanding it. Let me rest my case here while giving lots of credits to Osei yaw Ababio.

2 Likes

Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by hotangel2(f): 6:34am On Sep 23, 2005
Ohhh Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm..... ABABIO rocks. The name itself Is like A-B-A-B-I-O.

I used that text book in high school. I left it in nigeria though. The book is good, and if you could get it.. i must say... NICE!

You could also use, Timberlake's Essentials of General and Biological Chemistry text book. That book is toooo good. It's like... a chemistry bible.
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by queen2(f): 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2005
Oh ok, would try and get those..... thanx @ y'all grin
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by queen2(f): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2005
Missworld:

I still have my Ababio here with me. Here's the story. I was in S.S.1 when I wanted to take chemistry but the teacher could only accept students based on bribery not the academic merits and my dad refused to bribe her. So.... I was kicked out of the class. I started reading the chemistry text book on my own but it was very difficult yet I didn't want to let go it so I came here with it. After I opened some books here by American authors I realized why studying was so hard in Nigeria. That Ababio which was used to teach introductory chemistry is written in a way that even a university student will have difficulty understanding it. Let me rest my case here while giving lots of credits to Osei yaw Ababio.

Hmm, yes thats true sometimes it difficult to read and understand the book, but my chemistry teacher was very good, because he would explain every bit of the topic, i also love it cuz it does helped me with my homework, n it has some good and explanatory diagrams in it.. grin
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by hotangel2(f): 9:57pm On Sep 23, 2005
My chemistry teacher was a jack-ass, a mumu and a follish goat. The man was simply dumb and stupid. Sooo, ababio was our hope.. we all had to have it. The school manager ownt change the teacher even after all the student had complained..

1 Like

Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by Farriel(m): 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2005
I wonder what was going then, I mean the relationship between your teacher and 'school manager' (a title I've never heard before).

As to Ababio, lots of guys in school then was in love with his book. To many then, he would remain a legend to them.
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by hotangel2(f): 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2005
It was Nepotism.
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by Scorpio(f): 1:24am On Oct 04, 2005
I remember that book, hated it! cool
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by WesleyanA(f): 1:29am On Oct 04, 2005
gosh! i'm so lost. ababio chemistry book. what does it look like
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by fabian(f): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2005
Last one I had had a beaker and pippete on its front cover, if I remember correctly. But that was wayyyyy back in the mid nineties.
Anyway, Ababio was kinda fine for me then cos I had a great lesson teacher.
How about OKEKE AND ABOTT?
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by layi(m): 9:48am On Oct 04, 2005
P.N Okeke, Nelcon and Abbot were basically Physics textbooks. I read them all but still had A3 in physics

Ababio saved my ass. My Father had always loved chemistry and he promised me a trip overseas if i made A1 in chemistry. My chemistry teacher was bad..in fact school was bad (those where dem days when all u find in a student's bag were ball'n'boots..no books because we hardly hav lecturesin GCI).
I had to result to the "Almighty ABABIO" and it didnt fail me.
Where we went to? I'll keep it a secret. grin

@Queen2
U can get the book at Yaba in Lagos. Ask any of your relatives in Nigeria to get it for u.
That book is good. U can use Lambert as well.
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by queen2(f): 11:02am On Oct 04, 2005
ok thanx layi... cheesy
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by layi(m): 11:27am On Oct 04, 2005
U r welcome dearie wink
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by loveth(f): 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2005
Ababio is nice shaaaaaaaaa.i can say it is the best text book as far as the subject chemistry is concine smiley smiley smiley
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by loveth(f): 3:48pm On Oct 04, 2005
pls queen 2,if you don't have it ,tro get it.cos it is good.it will still help you tom get rid ov science question.
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by queen2(f): 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2005
Aiight thanx loveth, your the best i will try and get it... grin cheesy
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by olaide07(f): 11:17am On Oct 05, 2005
The textbook is really the best text you could have around even at the advance level you could always get to use it
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by layi(m): 11:23am On Oct 05, 2005
loveth:

Ababio is nice shaaaaaaaaa.i can say it is the best text book as far as the subject chemistry is concine smiley smiley smiley

Really ABABIO is the best.

By the way My younger sis says it costes , costed ,costen , cost 1500naira only.

3 Likes

Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by nike4luv(f): 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2005
thats less than £10
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by Missworld(f): 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2005
layi:

Really ABABIO is the best.

By the way My younger sis says it costes , costed ,costen , cost 1500naira only.

LoL @ layi I know it didn't costes, costed costen and finally cost you 1500naira. lol
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by hotangel2(f): 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2005
Where in the world is ababio sold for less than 10 dollars? If i calculated right!
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by queen2(f): 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2005
I bought for #1000 when i was in Nigeria..
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by hotangel2(f): 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2005
Where do u guys SHOP? I bought my ababio for 3500 naira!
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by queen2(f): 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2005
fabian:

Last one I had had a beaker and pippete on its front cover, if I remember correctly. But that was wayyyyy back in the mid nineties.
Anyway, Ababio was kind of fine for me then because I had a great lesson teacher.
How about OKEKE AND ABOTT?

yeah thats exactly how it looks like, till date
and about OKEKE, thats a physics text book i guess, safe, i brought that from nigeria, its a very nice book too. grin
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by queen2(f): 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2005
hot-angel:

Where do u guys SHOP? I bought my ababio for 3500 naira!
o mi gosh shocked, thats too expensive, cant really remember where i bought it from.
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by WesleyanA(f): 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2005
what ever  rolleyes.

who used ugo c ugo? i forgot the title of the book. i only remember the author.
those are the two biggest books ever!

2 Likes

Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by Scorpio(f): 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2005
I dunno where u are, else i would have given mine's to you for free. You'll have to get it from my cousin tho! @hot-angel, for 3500, that's high!
Re: "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio by hotangel2(f): 12:37am On Oct 06, 2005
They called it The "original version", but the papers kept falling not untill it was binded.. (u know how they bid books in Nigeria? That was wat they did).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. / Federal Polytechnic Ede 2012/2013 Admissions / Last Instagram Post Of UNILAG Student Who Died After An Outing With Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.