Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,222 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? (2469 Views)

» All You Need To Know About The Nigerian Obama Appointed As Security Adviser / Can Fashola Be The Nigerian Obama? / Nigerian Obama Kicks Ass In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Willyesq(f): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2008
if there was any doubt in my presidential ambition, it has finaly been alleyed. Now i believe i can become not just a president but a youthful president of Nigeria. OBAMA has successfully bullied the white skinned and the older generation of American politicians into submission. Fellow youths, please how do we takeover. If i can't be the candidate, then who can, what political party and how? let the calculation and strategy start today, here and now,
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by tpia: 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2008
1st strategy: change your profile dressing. You want people to take you serious when you're wearing only a singlet?

Not bad looking, but you have to be professional and corporate. abi na joking president you wan be?
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Nigeria4: 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2008
1st strategy: change your profile dressing.  You want people to take you serious when you're wearing only a singlet?

Not bad looking, but you have to be professional and corporate. abi na joking president you wan be?

What have those who dress professional and corporate done to Nigeria, they stole millions of dollar. don't you think they have to pay back those who gave them money to look professional and corporate.

Nothing is free in this world.  People who change the world are not in the professional and corporate world. the richest man in the world , was not allow to go to the best business school in the world. Bill gate is the worst most dress rich man. But he is the smartest.

We need people with brain and not people who can dress well. If you want dress go to fashion show and not rule. If dress code was the answer , George Bush would never be president of the USA. not even Obama,  I think they says Obama have less than 5 shoe.  Do you see hole in Obama shoes during the start of the election because he did not want to steal to be rich.

Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by tpia: 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2008
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by citizenY(m): 10:14am On Nov 06, 2008
PAT UTOMI IS THERE. LET US START THE RACE NOW.

Nigeria1, any sattelite data? Don't you dare pollute this space.

All those mushroom political parties should give way. ANPP is dead so it is either Labour ,AC or PPA.
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Willyesq(f): 7:05pm On Nov 06, 2008
i would rather think that it is not all about the form but the content, for fear of imodesty, i can not speak much about the man in the singlet. i can only tell you that inside the singlet you saw is a man with a mission who believes so much in content rather than packaging.

meanwhile, thanks a lot for the complement.

But pls address the issues.
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by maedan(f): 10:06pm On Nov 06, 2008
You're right, I think Nigeria needs a charismatic, down-to-earth young intellectual. The only question is, will he be given a chance, the way Obama was given, not only by his party, but by his country? No decent politician can survive in Nigeria's political climate, it's too polluted.
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by DeepZone: 4:52am On Nov 07, 2008
My choices are:

Kobojunkie

Tayo D

Richyblack.
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Willyesq(f): 10:57am On Nov 08, 2008
maedan:

You're right, I think Nigeria needs a charismatic, down-to-earth young intellectual. The only question is, will he be given a chance, the way Obama was given, not only by his party, but by his country? No decent politician can survive in Nigeria's political climate, it's too polluted.

Thats the spirit, but trust me Obama did not have to wait be given a chance. He actual created the chance, and this he did working from the grassroot. Accepted the politics of our country s polluted but as Aristotle had rightly put it, to change a society you need to be an active member of that society.
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by DisGuy: 2:46am On Nov 09, 2008
citizenY:

PAT UTOMI IS THERE. LET US START THE RACE NOW.

Nigeria1, any sattelite data?  Don't you dare pollute this space.

All those mushroom political parties should give way. ANPP is dead so it is either Labour ,AC or PPA.

ahh at last I've been looking for this utomi discussion

lol and which of those does PAT UTOMI belongs to?

to be honest, shouldnt pat Utomi be described as a political chancer
along with the likes of okorocha, okotie, jerry useni who just launch political
parties when elections are around the corner then fizzle out when its over?
Where is pat utomi's political party, where are his party members?
apart from pat Utomi how many other candidate did his party put out for elections
and where are they now?

If utomi had gone ahead to win how exactly would he have done anything considering
all the reps and senators were from opposition parties
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by citizenY(m): 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2008
@ Dis Guy,

Actually his nae just came to mind. It may not ncessarily be him but somebody in that mould.
You have asked very relevant quetions and we ned to use that as aplatform.

Start from today and cultivate the man. Attend to disabilities of our man in a very consistent
manner.

1) which party 2) WHAT IS THE PROGRAMME?3) FUNDING AND MOBILISATION 4)RESOURCE PERSONS ETC ETC

eVERYONE CAN SUGGEST.
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by RichyBlacK(m): 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2008
DeepZone:

My choices are:

Kobojunkie

Tayo D

Richyblack.

Two of these kids belong together
Two of these kids are kind of the same
But one of these kids is doing his (her) own thing
Now it's time to play our game
It's time to play our game!

God! I miss Sesame Street!!!

Biko, madam DeepZone, wetin make you carry me join put anti-Obama pipo dem like Kobojunkie and Tayo-D? Me no get much business with Republicans abeg. I take Jehovah beg you, make u nor dey carry me join Republicans. RichyBlack is so far away from Republicans that he is left of Dennis Kucinich grin.
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by okunoba(m): 4:10am On Nov 12, 2008
step1
To be president, we need someone that can heal the pain of the Biafran War, then address the injustice of the Niger Delter, give states more power, introduce American style separation of power, Reduce the power of the president. Respect and uphold decision of the judiciary.

step2 later
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by bawomolo(m): 4:37am On Nov 12, 2008
okunoba:

step1
To be president, we need someone that can heal the pain of the Biafran War, then address the injustice of the Niger Delter, give states more power, introduce American style separation of power, Reduce the power of the president. Respect and uphold decision of the judiciary.

step2 later

you are asking too much from one person. it has to be a collective effort
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Horus(m): 9:53am On Nov 12, 2008
Who is the Nigerian Obama who will unite the country?
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Bolarge(m): 10:15am On Nov 12, 2008
Horus:

Who is the Nigerian Obama who will unite the country?
Me. cool
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by sexyLeamon(f): 10:20am On Nov 12, 2008
good luck poster
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by kokorunna(m): 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2008
I will nominate myself KOKORUNNA
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Willyesq(f): 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2008
Pat Utomi any time any day is a pride to his generation. your emphasis on political party is a testimony of the major naughty issue in our political system. lets learn to focus on individual, i.e the candidate and not political party. i can assure you that Obama was more of a credit to his politcal party than his party was to him. he won the election more as Barak Obama than as Democratic Obama. we owe our nation a duty to rally around a pontentialy good leader than to wait to comment on his failure.
Dis Guy:

ahh at last I've been looking for this utomi discussion

lol and which of those does PAT UTOMI belongs to?

to be honest, shouldnt pat Utomi be described as a political chancer
along with the likes of okorocha, okotie, jerry useni who just launch political
parties when elections are around the corner then fizzle out when its over?
Where is pat utomi's political party, where are his party members?
apart from pat Utomi how many other candidate did his party put out for elections
and where are they now?

If utomi had gone ahead to win how exactly would he have done anything considering
all the reps and senators were from opposition parties
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Seun(m): 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2008
Obama is not so young, and we don't yet know whether he'll be a good president.
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by McKren(m): 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2008
My choice has always been Donald Duke . . . . . . . . I followed his campaign in 2006 and could actually draw parallels on the direction Duke was heading to how Obama ran his campaign.

Unfortunately Nigeria refused to hope.

People need to realise that before their was an Obama the American society was ready for a President of his background.

1. Racism had generally become unacceptable even though there were hints of it, it was no longer popular

2. The main stream media which was traditionally conservative and right-wing became a lot more centrist and guided by common sense

3. Hollywood embraced the idea of a President of ethnic minority or female gender. You may not believe it but this affects people's psyche and their ability to judge a candidate not by his gender or colour but by what he stands for.

But unfortunately in Nigeria . . . . . .

Our idea of being politically savvy is to vote along tribal and ethnic lines. We still promote tribalism when we urge an ethnic group to come together and present a candidate to the country.

The mainstream media is Nigeria still thinks through its stomach and how they can line their pockets not what is best for our future.

Nollywood is yet to realize that . . . . . . by simulating an ideal Nigeria where democracy works, where people's votes are counted, where Presidential candidates campaign to the people based on their programme, where Presidential Candidates debate the future of the country on national TV, where Nigerians vote not along ethnic and religous lines but based on who can improve the economy, healthcare, schools . . . . . . . they can begin to render the status quo obsolete and drive a wave of attitudinal change.

I think 2006 and Donald Duke thought me that before we can have an Obama, we have to get our fundamentals right.
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by asha80(m): 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2008
Achike Udenwa grin
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by informed(m): 4:27am On Jan 02, 2009
Since Nigeria is a still a state controlled by tribal sentiments, here is my list based on origin:

Hausa: Nuhu Ribadu, Has a genuine desire to change the state of things in this country and suceeded with EFCC
Ibo: Prof. Dora Akunyuli, Ngozi Ekwensili, World Bank vice president (Africa)
Naija Delta/ south south: Donald duke, Goodluck jonathan, Pat utomi : Chris Okotie
Yoruba:no clear cut candidate
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by princekevo(m): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2009
@ poster
This shows that you are far from being a Nigerian president and there are a lot for you to learn about Nigerian politics.
The first question you should have asked youself is, if Obama had contested as a president in Nigeria, would he have won, with the current political situation in Nigerian since independence?
That Obama won as the next president of america yet to be inuagrated. No body even knows if his regime will restore the image of black race by performing well or cause more harm to it.Moreso who told you that the Obama stragtegy would work in Nigeria?
It will do you more good being urself, trying to study Nigerian politics well from independence, discover why we keep on failing, from there you can know where to fit in and the best stragtegy to bring the change you disire for. Stop trying to be an Obama in a country like Nigeria.lol
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by klarry79: 8:56am On Jan 02, 2009
@Informed:

Yoruba Candidate -
Babatunde Raji Fashola
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2009
my choice. only him fit the bill

Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by idiopathic: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2009
Why mnetion candidates who have been indicted of corrpuption. Goodluck Jonathan, Donald Duke have been automatically eliminated.
NUHU RIBADU remains the incontrovertible candidate that will lead Nigeria out it's current mess.
other possible candidates are Fashola from the West, but he needs to be his own man and avoid negative infleunce from Tinubu. We cannot afford another weak leader.

Chris Ngige and Governor of Enugu (Chime) from the East.

Oshiomole- South South
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by ojimboIV: 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2009
mike a. (agf) for prez and the other mike o. (i.g.p.) for v.p. and then the veils will fall off our faces that naija is irredeemable at time t=now.
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2009
What good stories do we have to tell of all the 'Obama's' we have had in past? Africa, can we please stop deceiving ourselves by believing every other new world "FAD" is the solution to our problems? We have had so many OBAMA’s in the past (novice politicians who have rallied the people, promising everything will be different if we elect ‘em). What marvelous stories do we have to tell of them? Why do we PRETEND now that we have never had them?
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by maksum: 10:59am On Jan 06, 2009
How was Hitler able to mobilise the German Armed forces and utilise the strength of his forces to a point where he conquered 70% of Europe. It took the Allied Forces including USA,USSR,Britain,France,Canada etc to stop one man at a price unprecedented till date. Hitler had a vision not only did he have a vision but he made his people believe in his vision and together they worked towards it even when it was glaring that it was going to cost some lives. How did he achieve this? through words of inspiration. It is not possible to be a good leader if you dont have a vision and cannot inspire your people to believe in your vision and to work towards that vison. There is no obstacle a leader with vision cannot overcome be it corruption, ethnic sentiments and all the rubbish we are familiar with that consitute our politics. We need some one that can change our mind set that is d starting point. Why do i say so? take a look at 2 examples below.

1. An empty bus with a passenger capacity of not less than 20 people came to a halt at a bus stop with only 7 people waiting. All 7 of the potential passengers rushed into the empty bus at the same time. The result was a struggle. WHY.

2. How do u explain a situation where a full grown man chooses to hoist his ass in public glare in the name of answering the call of nature especially when it is not a case of emergency down there. How do u explain these.
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by BOSS7: 11:08am On Jan 06, 2009
Poster in a sleeveless top, hahaha and you're looking for Obama, please change that profile pic, you look funny as hell. Oh, I forgot, PHCN no give you light so you dey browse from outside, lol

Now I understand why you dey find our Obama.

grin grin
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Moves: 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2009
Based on my own observation we need our own Obama who should meet the following profile,

1. A man born of a mixture of IGBO and Hausa parents--As Nigerians tend to vote across ethic and religious lines; this will put him in good stead, becos these 2 tribes account for the highest level of mistrust and tribal intolerance.
2.A man with Ribadu passion and Akunyili zeal and tact to deal with corruption,

My believe is with the above we can have our own Obama; as the present generation of nigerians are not liberated enough from the clutches or religious and ethnic politics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Delta: Militants' Video Shows Soldiers Killing Civilians / Babangida, Otedola, Elumelu Win Bids For Nigeria’s Power Plants ( Same Poo ) / Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.