Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,977 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

What Might Be The Cause Of This Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Might Be The Cause Of This Problem (882 Views)

The Major Cause Of Tyre Burst Accidents In Nigeria ( Pictures Included ) / See What Droppng Your Car At Some Carwash Can Cause You - Photos / Over Speeding Is The Major Cause Of Accidents In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Might Be The Cause Of This Problem by ReLaTE(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
Trying to scan my vehicle but faced wt this.1996 golf mk3 2.0. i hv done everything possible yet the same msg keep showing.

Re: What Might Be The Cause Of This Problem by chillex8(m): 1:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
Op..

Try to connect your scanner to another mk3.. If it reads it? Then your obd2 port is the likely culprit.

If it doesn't, then its likely that the scanner isn't specific for your mk3...

Cheers.
Re: What Might Be The Cause Of This Problem by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
Verify that the scanner is made for your vehicle.
Re: What Might Be The Cause Of This Problem by sultaan(m): 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
Are you sure your car is a 96 post a pic of manufacturing information by driver door.

OBDII started for all manufacturers in 96
Re: What Might Be The Cause Of This Problem by mayor2013: 8:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ensure you have used it accordingly. By connecting first and putting your key on the first ignition. Although some cars would not allow for that until the car is running. So try using it while running. Another thing is I hope no 1 has tampered with your obd2 port
Re: What Might Be The Cause Of This Problem by ReLaTE(m): 10:51am On Sep 27, 2014
Tried the scanner on my friends vw jetta 2001 model and everything works fine.,
I also visits the mechanic that once scanned it for me and his scanner showed the same message, he said it is a fuse cut.
Re: What Might Be The Cause Of This Problem by mayor2013: 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
Look underneath your hood you would see a fuse chamber pull out the cover and look accordingly to see the supposed fuse has not been cut. The fuse cover with a diagram would guide you through so as to ascertain the one meant for your obd2 port

(1) (Reply)

Vehicle Speed Governor/limiter / BMW Model To Buy / Nigeria: Falling Naira - Dealers Reduce 'tokunbo' Vehicle Imports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.