Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) (2071 Views)

SWF Provides Details Of $700m Second Niger Bridge Project / Oshiomole Misinformed Nigeria On State Of Niger Bridge Project - Onolememen / Update From Second Niger Bridge Project-photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by pheesayor(m): 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
Pictures from below are from Oke-Ogbe Road, Olorunda LCDA, Badagry in Lagos, around Elijah bus stop off Badagry expressway. There's a body of water that makes the use of a bridge compulsory. The project being handled by the Lagos State Ministry of Rural Development has been abandoned.

This is calling on the LASG to get the project done as residents have to go through a dangerous wooden bridge (pictures below) to get to their houses and still have to pay 20 naira per day to use the bridge. Pictures are below...

1. The project signpost
2. Machines supposedly to be used for the project
3. Pillars to be used for the project
4. More pillars

Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by pheesayor(m): 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
5. Sighting the wooden bridge from afar, note the bent (and dangerous electric pole)
6. Beginning of the wooden bridge
7. Climbing the bridge
8. Still on the bridge

Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by pheesayor(m): 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
9. Where the man that collect N20 stays
10. Towards the end of the wooden bridge
11. End of the wooden bridge

Source
http://watchinglagos..com/2014/09/abandoned-bridge-project-in-badagry.html

Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by Dbestmax(m): 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
Nice work of Art...Hu ar u deceiving...you brought pics of gathered construction equipments and then pics of an old village lil stylish bridge..How come d catapillar and d pillars arnt in dsame pix wit d bridge... guy go bak 2 ur drawing board

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by pheesayor(m): 12:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dbestmax: Nice work of Art...Hu ar u deceiving...you brought pics of gathered construction equipments and then pics of an old village lil stylish bridge..How come d catapillar and d pillars arnt in dsame pix wit d bridge... guy go bak 2 ur drawing board
What is this one saying? Did you check the project signpost and the pictures properly? Or are you a paid APC defender?

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by ifyalways(f): 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
Am I surprised? NO .

If there won't be any paid toll, The work would be abandoned.

VGC pedestrian bridge is still there, abandoned and forgotten.

Eko oni wayo ooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by IGBOSON1: 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nice camera!

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by Dbestmax(m): 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
pheesayor:
What is this one saying? Did you check the project signpost and the pictures properly? Or are you a paid APC defender?
Wat has APC got 2 do wit ds....Accept dat ur post aint real my man....stop acting
Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by talktimi(m): 1:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
The pdp led federal govt likes delaying projects too much if not this bridge wouldn't have taken up to 3 months to complete. Sai apc

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
There's another dangerous wooden bridge if you're going to Ipaja via Hotel bus stop along LASU-IBA road. The bridge was built across a swamp and very dangerous. I passed there like a year ago and its been tolled by locals in that area.

There are many of such bridges scattered across Lagos.
Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by pheesayor(m): 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dbestmax:
Wat has APC got 2 do wit ds....Accept dat ur post aint real my man....stop acting

Believe me the post is real, I took those pictures when I went for a friend's wedding in April and up till now it is still the same. Get someone who lives around there to confirm for you
Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by pheesayor(m): 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dbestmax:
see more pictures here
http://www.watchinglagos.com/2014/09/abandoned-bridge-project-in-badagry.html
Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by pheesayor(m): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
ifyalways: Am I surprised? NO .

If there won't be any paid toll, The work would be abandoned.

VGC pedestrian bridge is still there, abandoned and forgotten.

Eko oni wayo ooo cheesy

Can you please get pictures and let's make it public?
Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by pheesayor(m): 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
thanks to my BB 9790 cheesy
IGBOSON1: Nice camera!
Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by pheesayor(m): 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
berem berem!!! how far na? Post pictures of such let's make it public. The funny thing is these things can be done by the local government but they simply ignore because most people are okay with suffering and smiling.
berem: There's another dangerous wooden bridge if you're going to Ipaja via Hotel bus stop along LASU-IBA road. The bridge was built across a swamp and very dangerous. I passed there like a year ago and its been tolled by locals in that area.

There are many of such bridges scattered across Lagos.
Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by oneeast3: 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
Eko oni baje.. cool
Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
pheesayor: berem berem!!! how far na? Post pictures of such let's make it public. The funny thing is these things can be done by the local government but they simply ignore because most people are okay with suffering and smiling.
I don't have the chance to go there and take pictures. Unless something comes up and I will visit that area. Its been a long time na!

Anyway,how are you doing? Been a while!
Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by ifyalways(f): 9:37am On Sep 30, 2014
pheesayor:

Can you please get pictures and let's make it public?
Here goes. I'm not a photographer though smiley

Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by ifyalways(f): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2014
VGC abandoned and forgotten pedestrian bridge. No tolls @ 2nd Lekki toll gate = no more work at the pedestrian bridge.

Eko oni baje o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Bridge Project In Badagry (pictures) by pheesayor(m): 5:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
up till now project still abandoned...

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: President Buhari And PDP Akwa Ibom Gov. Udom Emmanuel In Cameroon / Before We Forget / America's War With China Begun! Tianjin Explosion - Pentagon Warning Shot!(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.