Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,852 members, 7,802,730 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar (951 Views)

FG To Replace N5,000 Monthly Stipend For Unemployed Youths —ngige / I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari / Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar by xtayle(m): 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2014
From Akilani Abdullah, Lagos

A group, Buhari Vanguard has warned President Goodluck Jonathan and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), to stop exploiting the myriads of unemployed youths in the country in carrying through his re-election agenda describing it as ‘a total mockery and disrespect to the unemployed Nigerian youths’.

This was contained in a press statement issued yesterday by the Chairman of the group, Comrade Jasper Azuatalam saying the group has been able to establish beyond reasonable doubt that the President has resorted to taking advantage of the unemployment status of the Nigerian youths.

The group noted that President Jonathan is using unsuspecting and unemployed Nigerians who were being raised for training under the Federal Task Force, a training which aimed at creating work for unemployed Nigerian Youths to endorse his re-election bid at a campaign recently in Lagos.

The statement reads, “President Goodluck Jonathan is now using the plight of the Nigerian youths to carry through his re-election agenda in 2015 by forcing them against their will to attend his campaign rallies. On Saturday, the 20th of September 2014, President Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP held a campaign rally at the Tafawa Belewa Square (TBS), Lagos Island, Lagos state were supposed PDP supporters gathered to endorse President Jonathan and show their support for the PDP in the South West.

“It was with great surprise and amazement that we learned that the campaign rally was executed with unsuspecting and unemployed Nigerians who were being raised for training under the Federal Task Force, a program they claim is being organized by SURE-P and FERMA to create work for unemployed Nigerian Youths.

“The youths under the training program were compelled to attend the PDP and President Jonathans campaign rally with the promise that they will be given jobs and that those who did not attend will not be given any job at the end of the training. Thousands of these youths were transported from their camp in Badagry area and Ojota, all in Lagos State Nigeria.

“Those who watched or attended the campaign rally can confirm that thousands of youths were seen putting on white top and black trousers while many others were seen putting on a black top on a black trousers. Those in white top are the recent recruits under the Federal Task force while those in black top were recruited under FERCSARA.

“We have proven that the said youth constituted over 60% of the attendees at the rally and that these youths were being tricked to attend the said rally. We consider this activity as a total mockery and disrespect to the myriad of unemployed Nigeria youths.” It said.

The group who condemned the action however, urged President Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP to stop the act.

“We shall continue to monitor the activities of the PDP led government and defend the Nigerian youths from being exploited and compelled to supporting a political party and presidential candidate against their will” the statement said.

http://www.peoplesdailyng.com/2015-jonathan-exploiting-unemployed-youths-in-re-election-agenda-buhari-vanguard/
Re: 2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar by eleojo23: 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
But I think all/most politicians use unemployed youths.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar by xtayle(m): 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
eleojo23: But I think all politicians use unemployed youths

May be you are right, may be not. But this is grossly wicked, barbaric and shameless. Its the worse deception from government that I have ever seen. They even charge these unsuspecting job seekers up to N10, 000= for registration, ID cards etc. And told them to prepare to spend N35, 000= to purchase uniform when they are finally employed.

My wife drew my attention to this fraud when a neighbour who is interested came to borrow money from her to register under Task Force. When she mentioned task force, I asked "Task Force on what"? she said "federal task force". I told her every task force has an assignment before being constituted and that they usually include experienced membership. when she couldn't convince me. I told her its a fraud and that she should not borrow her the N10, 000=. Imagine that. she wants to borrow money to enroll into a fraud established by government deception,

I think this is the height of insensitivity and wickedness.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar by eleojo23: 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
@xtayle, they register with money? shocked
That's wrong.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar by xtayle(m): 1:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
eleojo23: @xtayle, they register with money? shocked
That's wrong.

My brother, am so shocked. I didnt know people can be so cruel. Taking money from hungry Nigerians promising them what will never be. May be they are also raising money for campaign as well as gathering unwilling crowed for campaign. killing 2 beds with one stone./ Its so sad.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar by adeowo84(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
s friend called me few minutes ago and talked abt dis federal task force, that it will cost me up to 60k and bla bla...opening into dis forum just save me this fraud.it is well!
Re: 2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar by eleojo23: 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
I would have said that the youths should resist being involved with these politicians but when one considers the fact that they are jobless and have been promised some reward for partaking in these 'programs', I really don't know what else to say.

What is the guarantee that they would be rewarded as claimed?

The youths may end up wasting their energy for nothing.
It's a bad way to employ the energy of youth.
This 'task force' can become a training ground for thugs. It's not far from possibility

It's a sorry situation.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar by MisterLongman(m): 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
TAN and the federal task force comes to mind....... Jonathan be like "Desperate times calls for desperate actions" ......
Re: 2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar by xtayle(m): 2:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
adeowo84: s friend called me few minutes ago and talked abt dis federal task force, that it will cost me up to 60k and bla bla...opening into dis forum just save me this fraud.it is well!

N60k? OMG......That was the first thing that hit me when I was briefed. I frankly told my wife that it smells of fraud. How can Government demand money from job seekers? It can only be 2 ways:

1. Its not government OR
2. Its fraud with government backing.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar by veralynx(f): 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
nairalanders watch out for me,your girl VERALYNX,#1st day on nairaland#
Re: 2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar by xtayle(m): 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
eleojo23: I would have said that the youths should resist being involved with these politicians but when one considers the fact that they are jobless and have been promised some reward for partaking in these 'programs', I really don't know what else to say.

What is the guarantee that they would be rewarded as claimed?

The youths may end up wasting their energy for nothing.
It's a bad way to employ the energy of youth.
This 'task force' can become a training ground for thugs. It's not far from possibility

It's a sorry situation.

There is the need for Nigerians generally and the youth specifically to stand their ground against obnoxious government offers. They will always lose in the end. The NIS recruitment saga is still fresh in our memory. Even though its a worthy government agency, see how Poilitician Abba Moro used it to exploit innocent Nigerians...... Almost a million application multiplied by N1k. Thats N1b or thereabout. Where is the money?

Even if they declare the task force project illegal, null and void and bla bla bla, i can bet with you that those who parted with their money under the scheme will never get it back. Nigerians are always the one to lose.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Exploiting Unemployed Youths In Re-election Agenda-buhari Vanguar by vemmawealth(f): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
xtayle: From Akilani Abdullah, Lagos

A group, Buhari Vanguard has warned President Goodluck Jonathan and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), to stop exploiting the myriads of unemployed youths in the country in carrying through his re-election agenda describing it as ‘a total mockery and disrespect to the unemployed Nigerian youths’.

This was contained in a press statement issued yesterday by the Chairman of the group, Comrade Jasper Azuatalam saying the group has been able to establish beyond reasonable doubt that the President has resorted to taking advantage of the unemployment status of the Nigerian youths.

The group noted that President Jonathan is using unsuspecting and unemployed Nigerians who were being raised for training under the Federal Task Force, a training which aimed at creating work for unemployed Nigerian Youths to endorse his re-election bid at a campaign recently in Lagos.

The statement reads, “President Goodluck Jonathan is now using the plight of the Nigerian youths to carry through his re-election agenda in 2015 by forcing them against their will to attend his campaign rallies. On Saturday, the 20th of September 2014, President Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP held a campaign rally at the Tafawa Belewa Square (TBS), Lagos Island, Lagos state were supposed PDP supporters gathered to endorse President Jonathan and show their support for the PDP in the South West.

“It was with great surprise and amazement that we learned that the campaign rally was executed with unsuspecting and unemployed Nigerians who were being raised for training under the Federal Task Force, a program they claim is being organized by SURE-P and FERMA to create work for unemployed Nigerian Youths.

“The youths under the training program were compelled to attend the PDP and President Jonathans campaign rally with the promise that they will be given jobs and that those who did not attend will not be given any job at the end of the training. Thousands of these youths were transported from their camp in Badagry area and Ojota, all in Lagos State Nigeria.

“Those who watched or attended the campaign rally can confirm that thousands of youths were seen putting on white top and black trousers while many others were seen putting on a black top on a black trousers. Those in white top are the recent recruits under the Federal Task force while those in black top were recruited under FERCSARA.

“We have proven that the said youth constituted over 60% of the attendees at the rally and that these youths were being tricked to attend the said rally. We consider this activity as a total mockery and disrespect to the myriad of unemployed Nigeria youths.” It said.

The group who condemned the action however, urged President Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP to stop the act.

“We shall continue to monitor the activities of the PDP led government and defend the Nigerian youths from being exploited and compelled to supporting a political party and presidential candidate against their will” the statement said.

http://www.peoplesdailyng.com/2015-jonathan-exploiting-unemployed-youths-in-re-election-agenda-buhari-vanguard/

Waoh!!! So this can be happening in a country where there is law? I expect protest from many quarters concerning this. We cant leave everything to Buhari or APC or until Femi Falana speaks or Dino Melaye complains. Nigerians should wake up. This is getting out of hand. Its obvious that President Jonathan backs this nefarious arrangement and he want to continue beyond 2015.

What a shame!!!

(1) (Reply)

About 30 Years After, Buhari Wants To Be President Again? When Shall We Lead / End Of Nollywood? Kate Henshaw Unveils Official Campaign Poster / Fayose Lies Flat On Ground At Deeper Life Church (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.