Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,998 members, 7,806,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective (1365 Views)

An Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe / Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe / COZA Saga: Another Lady Speaks Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by Harryjoshua4: 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
Dear Nicholas ,

Firstly, thanks for standing up for your moral principles this week! I appreciate your zeal and bold resolve to let integrity lead in your journalistic pursuits.

My name is Ihechukwu Njoku , a freelancer currently in Lagos . Let me be honest - a brief online check will show that I am a fan of TBJ , evidenced in my numerous write- ups about The SCOAN . I am not however a ‘church spokesman ’ as a few people have insinuated due to the positive focus of my reports .

Before placing me in any stereotypical mould, I am not here to declare some ‘Deuteronomy- style ’ curse on your head or quote the whole ‘touch not my anointed ’ jargon as I know some other religious fanatics (nutheads ) have done.

I simply wish to express my own personal observations of this current ‘bribe- saga ’ in the hope that it may also help clarify a couple of things .

I agree 100% that journalism in Nigeria is darkened by a cloud of corruption where truth is doctored to suit the political will of the paymasters with ‘brown envelopes ’ running the show behind the scenes .

This deserves denunciation and renunciation at every available opportunity by all who believe ‘the pen is mightier than the sword’ .

I would sincerely, however, paint a different picture in the case of T .B . Joshua – based on my own personal experiences and the principles Joshua has espoused and stood for over the years.

I am not sure how well you know TBJ or SCOAN but I would say first of all that it would be impromptu to use this particular tragic incident and the church ’s rather unusual reaction to it as a yardstick to determine his integrity .

I have watched Emmanuel TV for nearly five years and visited The SCOAN several times during this period . I was initially very skeptical but what caught my attention was the sheer simplicity of Joshua’s message and lifestyle . He is a fresh
exception to the ‘money- mongering’ ‘private - jet- boasting ’ lifestyles of most Naija men of God today. Joshua lives simply, drives simply, dresses simply, talks simply… he is hands- down the most humble , generous and unusual man I ’ve met .

The first time I met T .B . Joshua ( without him knowing I was into a journalism and without my asking) , he gave me N 10, 000 for ‘ transport’ . Where I lived only needed about N 500 to get there ! There was no condition attached or surreptitious motive at play . That’s just the type of man T .B . Joshua is
– a good giver. Ask anyone who knows about SCOAN and they will tell you the same. That’s why I termed him unusual . Such attitude is so rare to find in Nigeria that the insinuations and connotations you arrived at in the light of what he offered you last Sunday are completely understandable.

Don’t think I am naïve ! Of course, the money offered by Joshua to you and other journalists last week was certainly influenced by the situation on ground . However , it does not change the truth that this has been Joshua ’s habitual practice – not only to journalists but to anyone he meets .

Don’t judge by my perception alone – ask anyone who has met him and has not left with some form of blessing . Besides, what facts are really there to be ‘covered up ’ by this ‘ bribe’ in an international incident of this magnitude ? The money, either received or rejected , didn’t change the facts that the media reported.

I could say a lot more but I ’m not here to preach. I am just positing that there is more to T. B. Joshua than could be appreciated on a first encounter in a challenging scenario.

My candid advice is to take some time to watch Emmanuel TV , even if you consider yourself ‘unreligious ’. Watch the man , listen to what he has to say over a significant period of time and in the light of such , arrive at your conclusion. After all, for over 360 South Africans to take the long journey to Lagos , ignoring the fears of Ebola and Boko Haram , show he certainly has something worth looking at. That’s just my two cents .

God bless !

www.maravipost.com/201409257138/People/open-letter-to-nicholas-ibekwe-the-‪‎t-b-joshua‬-bribe-saga-another-perspective.html

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by SMALLPENIS(f): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
When will all these arguments over who is right end? grin
Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by BigBizzy(m): 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
rubbish letter

I still strongly feel that this man is been fazed with a kid glove....

its not about religion but being natural

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by Randy100: 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
And so ? My own is that he claimed he is a seer but couldn't see his own predicament

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by Harryjoshua4: 3:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
BigBizzy: rubbish letter

I still strongly feel that this man is been fazed with a kid glove....

its not about religion but being natural

what kid glove are u talking about, is he the one that cause the building to collapse be careful don't allow personal hate to bring God's wrong on you.
Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by BigBizzy(m): 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
Harryjoshua4:

what kid glove are u talking about, is he the one that cause the building to collapse be careful don't allow personal hate to bring God's wrong on you.

bring God's what? abegiiii proposed 2 storey...how come it became 5 and 6 storey? he should be investigated like every other man...if guilty - prosecute asap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by Harryjoshua4: 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
Randy100: And so ? My own is that he claimed he is a seer but couldn't see his own predicament
thank God u said a seer, Tbj is a Prophet and a prophet only prophesy what he hear from God. pls go an ready ur bible for more understanding.
Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by Randy100: 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
Harryjoshua4:
thank God u said a seer, Tbj is a Prophet and a prophet only prophesy what he hear from God. pls go an ready ur bible for more understanding.
haba una too love this man. Oh i am sorry
Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by Melahou(m): 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
perhaps another brown envelop has just been released...

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by Donfamous(m): 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
I don't just have anything to say
Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by tiswell(m): 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
Prophet TBJ is a man of God,believe it or leave it.He is far way better than most of 'REV's'(pretenders) on cassock.This SCOAN tragedy could hv befallen anyone...RIP to the dead.
Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by paulGrundy(m): 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
@OP, this is the most neutral and unbiased writeup I have seen on tb joshua bribery allegations lately, well done op.
Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by BERNIMOORE: 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
Harryjoshua4: Dear Nicholas ,

Firstly, thanks for standing up for your moral principles this week! I appreciate your zeal and bold resolve to let integrity lead in your journalistic pursuits.

My name is Ihechukwu Njoku , a freelancer currently in Lagos . Let me be honest - a brief online check will show that I am a fan of TBJ , evidenced in my numerous write- ups about The SCOAN . I am not however a ‘church spokesman ’ as a few people have insinuated due to the positive focus of my reports .

Before placing me in any stereotypical mould, I am not here to declare some ‘Deuteronomy- style ’ curse on your head or quote the whole ‘touch not my anointed ’ jargon as I know some other religious fanatics (nutheads ) have done.

I simply wish to express my own personal observations of this current ‘bribe- saga ’ in the hope that it may also help clarify a couple of things .

I agree 100% that journalism in Nigeria is darkened by a cloud of corruption where truth is doctored to suit the political will of the paymasters with ‘brown envelopes ’ running the show behind the scenes .

This deserves denunciation and renunciation at every available opportunity by all who believe ‘the pen is mightier than the sword’ .

I would sincerely, however, paint a different picture in the case of T .B . Joshua – based on my own personal experiences and the principles Joshua has espoused and stood for over the years.

I am not sure how well you know TBJ or SCOAN but I would say first of all that it would be impromptu to use this particular tragic incident and the church ’s rather unusual reaction to it as a yardstick to determine his integrity .

I have watched Emmanuel TV for nearly five years and visited The SCOAN several times during this period . I was initially very skeptical but what caught my attention was the sheer simplicity of Joshua’s message and lifestyle . He is a fresh
exception to the ‘money- mongering’ ‘private - jet- boasting ’ lifestyles of most Naija men of God today. Joshua lives simply, drives simply, dresses simply, talks simply… he is hands- down the most humble , generous and unusual man I ’ve met .

The first time I met T .B . Joshua ( without him knowing I was into a journalism and without my asking) , he gave me N 10, 000 for ‘ transport’ . Where I lived only needed about N 500 to get there ! There was no condition attached or surreptitious motive at play . That’s just the type of man T .B . Joshua is
– a good giver. Ask anyone who knows about SCOAN and they will tell you the same. That’s why I termed him unusual . Such attitude is so rare to find in Nigeria that the insinuations and connotations you arrived at in the light of what he offered you last Sunday are completely understandable.

Don’t think I am naïve ! Of course, the money offered by Joshua to you and other journalists last week was certainly influenced by the situation on ground . However , it does not change the truth that this has been Joshua ’s habitual practice – not only to journalists but to anyone he meets .

Don’t judge by my perception alone – ask anyone who has met him and has not left with some form of blessing . Besides, what facts are really there to be ‘covered up ’ by this ‘ bribe’ in an international incident of this magnitude ? The money, either received or rejected , didn’t change the facts that the media reported.

I could say a lot more but I ’m not here to preach. I am just positing that there is more to T. B. Joshua than could be appreciated on a first encounter in a challenging scenario.

My candid advice is to take some time to watch Emmanuel TV , even if you consider yourself ‘unreligious ’. Watch the man , listen to what he has to say over a significant period of time and in the light of such , arrive at your conclusion. After all, for over 360 South Africans to take the long journey to Lagos , ignoring the fears of Ebola and Boko Haram , show he certainly has something worth looking at. That’s just my two cents .

God bless !

www.maravipost.com/201409257138/People/open-letter-to-nicholas-ibekwe-the-‪‎t-b-joshua‬-bribe-saga-another-perspective.html

@ Harryjoshua4

if you follow the Oyakhilome's case dearly, Chris oyakhilome personally insulted and lambast the press saying they were liars! NL CEC members like Gombs joagbaje et all ridiculed our media like carcasses.

in light this, 'evidence beyond reasonable doubt' is needed to sustain the dignity of the press/media agaisnt those MOGs who are deemed 'never to lie or sin' by their fanatical followers;

Nicholas was used by God to expose Tb joshua cover-up! which he did tactfully and without fear!

remember that Tb joshua had played down on the incident

1, did Tb joshua not try to cover-up?

2, did he admit to the fact that there was death at all?

the message he tweeted on the official acct revealed that; he refused to mention those dead, but rather play down on the issue by declaring few injured have been recued and taking care of. that alone is a crime in itself, that is trying to cover up the magnitude of the tragedy,

and left for him and followers of the church and his securities he would have not allow people to get to know about death of about 115 people.

Now why did TB joshua desperate to bribe in the first place to 'kill the story'? Tb joshua had already tweeted officially this words; below;

[size=14pt]“No matter how long a lie is sustained, truth will someday prevail''[/size]

So he desperately want to make us onlookers look silly and a liar, while he goes on to 'buy the truth' with brown envelopes

but ironically Tb joshua was the actual liar, this would nt have been made possible without Nicholas who was bold to record a 'blackmarket transaction' to paint blue to red read tb joshua official tweeter message playing down the incident

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/28983/64/tb-joshua-scoan-confirms-building-collapse-picture.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by ddddon(m): 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
points well analysed. the money i don't think is bribe intended .
Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
Harryjoshua4,....in my opinion u r not bin exactly objective here. You are a follower of Tbj,....I expect no less from you.
Christiandom in naija is steeped in so much mediocrity, and dts why controversy-hugging characters like Tbj, Oyakhilome, Okotie n co on one hand, and our billionaire cum private jet flying pastors on the other hand have become our standard/role models.
Tell me, what exactly dos Tbj preach? Holiness? Salvation? Prosperity? ....or d miracles u see him perform is yor yard stick 4 judging him a man of God? (Even herbalists perform miracles! Only dt they r honest, at least they ascribe it to d gods).
Go listen to a man like Gbile Akanni, and study him. Then come bak n tell me what u tink.
The money offered to journalists by Tbj is nothing but 'brown envelope tinz', lets call a spade a spade. Little wonder, d Nigerian print media (d biggest beneficiaries of d brown envelope syndrome) is essentially silent on d scandal of dt collapsed building in scoan. The conscience of our newspaper editors av bin bought!!!

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by BERNIMOORE: 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
ddddon: points well analysed. the money i don't think is bribe intended .

it is not what you think that is the issue, even if joshua says he actually bribe you will still say that 'maybe he is not in his real sense or sarcastic ....that is how fanatism can be,it runs in the blood of blind followers, but the fact that someone took his time to produce evidence 'tenable in a court of law' and undisputed against the culprit, and tries to salvage journalism and sending strong message to those who have already compromised that, we onlookers are aware of what they are capable of doing!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by nora544: 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
Frankie9ice: Harryjoshua4,....in my opinion u r not bin exactly objective here. You are a follower of Tbj,....I expect no less from you.
Christiandom in naija is steeped in so much mediocrity, and dts why controversy-hugging characters like Tbj, Oyakhilome, Okotie n co on one hand, and our billionaire cum private jet flying pastors on the other hand have become our standard/role models.
Tell me, what exactly dos Tbj preach? Holiness? Salvation? Prosperity? ....or d miracles u see him perform is yor yard stick 4 judging him a man of God? (Even herbalists perform miracles! Only dt they r honest, at least they ascribe it to d gods).
Go listen to a man like Gbile Akanni, and study him. Then come bak n tell me what u tink.
The money offered to journalists by Tbj is nothing but 'brown envelope tinz', lets call a spade a spade. Little wonder, d Nigerian print media (d biggest beneficiaries of d brown envelope syndrome) is essentially silent on d scandal of dt collapsed building in scoan. The conscience of our newspaper editors av bin bought!!!

I feel that at the moment there is only one journalist from nigeria who write the tru story.

The best is to read south african news that you will hear the truth why south african newspapers write about 115 death people and 84 are from south africa, Tb church didnot know who was in the building but they take the passport from them.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by nora544: 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
Harryjoshua4: Dear Nicholas ,

God bless !

I know you are a member of his church, how much money you get that you write this here.

The fact is that first he told all his followers no one is death
The next what he write on his facebook that he has hard times.
Than come this story with the aircraft and I have to tell you this aircraft was to small that the aircraft could make something with the building
Afer six days and ic write it againws SIX days he told on his facebook that people have died and that they are martyrer sorry that is what he tell his followers, I read an other story in an newspaper that the people where working and also people stay in this hostel

I know you are so brainwashed that you lost your brain.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by Image123(m): 7:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
tiswell: Prophet TBJ is a man of God,believe it or leave it.He is far way better than most of 'REV's'(pretenders) on cassock.This SCOAN tragedy could hv befallen anyone...RIP to the dead.

Befallen anyone that builds a five/six storey on a two storey you mean?
Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by Psylas(m): 8:57am On Sep 27, 2014
Harryjoshua4:
humans don't supose to trust God if that's He works
Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by Psylas(m): 8:59am On Sep 27, 2014
tiswell: Prophet TBJ is a man of God,believe it or leave it.He is far way better than most of 'REV's'(pretenders) on cassock.This SCOAN tragedy could hv befallen anyone...RIP to the dead.
TB Joshua is a man of Dog, Nigerian politicians are far better than him
Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by BobNeli(m): 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
Randy100: And so ? My own is that he claimed he is a seer but couldn't see his own predicament
My dear, this question is quite reminiscent of thesame question asked by the jews who nailed our dear saviour JESUS CHRIST on the cross. They said to Him. "He claimed he could save others, why can't He save Himself?" others said "if you are the son of God as you claim, come down from that cross." They spat at Him, scourged Him and insulted Him in all manner of insults but the only word He ever let out of His mouth for them was. "father, forgive them for they know not what they are doing." and I equally want to remind you here that ever since this whole saga errupted, the only words I have perceived from this man of God have been words of thanks, even to the press that have laboured hard to discredit him. The Bible taught that we shall know everyone by their fruits. Remember Jesus said. "Do not think of what you will answer or how you will defend youeself when they bring you before the authorities to prosecute you. For then, the holy spirit will answer for you. So it is not in the manner of the children of God to engage others in a war of words. Know you them from their fruits. Who would have convinced the Jews that Jesus was the son of God? If not for the signs they saw after His death. Well, to answer your question. God has not promised us that as His children, we will be free from adversities. But He has promised to see us through them all. Many other men of God in the past, suffered theirs at their own times. Job, David, eli the prophet who prophesied the birth of Samuel but could not fore-see that his two sons were going to die at the war front which also claimed his own life. Can you also remember that Moses was the man who saw God alive yet could not enter the land of Cannan. But when devil came to claim his corpse, God reprimanded him. Because he is a man of God inspite of the challenges he faced as a man. I hope you remebered that the entirity of the appostles carried out so many miracles, yet could not stop their own deaths in the hands of the mortals? Be wise my brother.
Re: Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective by BERNIMOORE: 10:06am On Sep 29, 2014
BobNeli(m):

the question you are anwering again is from Randy100, it goes;

why could'nt he(Tbjoshua) see hi own predicament? your answer was far from that, Randy100 did not say 'save himself' as in the case of jesus, but see his own predicament!

My dear, this question is quite reminiscent of thesame question asked by the jews who nailed our dear saviour JESUS CHRIST on the cross. They said to Him. "He claimed he could save others, why can't He save Himself?" others said "if you are the son of God as you claim, come down from that cross." They spat at Him, scourged Him and insulted Him in all manner of insults but the only word He ever let out of His mouth for them was. "father, forgive them for they know not what they are doing." and I equally want to remind you here that ever since this whole saga errupted, the only words I have perceived from this man of God have been words of thanks, even to the press that have laboured hard to discredit him. The Bible taught that we shall know everyone by their fruits. Remember Jesus said. "Do not think of what you will answer or how you will defend youeself when they bring you before the authorities to prosecute you. For then, the holy spirit will answer for you. So it is not in the manner of the children of God to engage others in a war of words. Know you them from their fruits. Who would have convinced the Jews that Jesus was the son of God? If not for the signs they saw after His death. Well, to answer your question. God has not promised us that as His children, we will be free from adversities. But He has promised to see us through them all. Many other men of God in the past, suffered theirs at their own times. Job, David, eli the prophet who prophesied the birth of Samuel but could not fore-see that his two sons were going to die at the war front which also claimed his own life. Can you also remember that Moses was the man who saw God alive yet could not enter the land of Cannan. But when devil came to claim his corpse, God reprimanded him. Because he is a man of God inspite of the challenges he faced as a man. I hope you remebered that the entirity of the appostles carried out so many miracles, yet could not stop their own deaths in the hands of the mortals? Be wise my brother.

did jesus see his own predicament? yes

let the bible answer that

Luke 18:31-34 (NIV)

Jesus Predicts His Death a Third Time

31 [size=14pt]Jesus took the Twelve aside and told them, “We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled. 32 He will be delivered over to the Gentiles. They will mock him, insult him and spit on him; 33 they will flog him and kill him. On the third day he will rise again.”

34 The disciples did not understand any of this. Its meaning was hidden from them, and they did not know what he was talking about[/size].

you quote a misleading answer to a straight question, stop comparing jesus with this criminal pls. jesus was not selfish to save himself and left his followers in sin and we wouldnot have any ransom sacrifice to be united with God as God sons, but Tb joshua was trying hard to save himself, and was criminally trying to make us believe nobody died in his tweet, that only few were injured and has been taken care of; that is criminal read it

(1) (Reply)

7 Keys To Mountain-moving Prayers-benny Hinn / Why Catholic-christains Do Not Eat Meat On Good Fridays And Ash Wesnesdays. / Photo: Please Christians In Iraq Needs Prayers (viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.