Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,201 members, 7,807,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

The Preacher On Ise Oluwa Bus - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Preacher On Ise Oluwa Bus (551 Views)

How Western Journalist Was Turned Into ISIS Preacher By Islamists (VIDEO) / Photos: Bus Preacher Beaten To Coma In Lagos After Condoms Fell Out From Bible / Bus Preacher Beaten To Coma In Lagos After Condoms Fall From Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Preacher On Ise Oluwa Bus by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
My journey started from the Mile 2 bus stop. I was heading to Ojota to attend to my business. I boarded Ise Oluwa bus as usual. Yes o, those buses charge the cheapest fare to all the routes they ply.
After waiting for over ten minutes, the bus was finally full. The driver pressed the button on the dashboard to let out a loud hoot. The horning was to alert the smaller buses that packed at the exit to give way so he could pull out.
The journey had barely commenced when a man standing at the back cleared his voice and started speaking.

“Good morning my brothers and sisters, before we commence this journey; I want us to commit this journey into the hands of God.”
The preacher introduced a song; only a couple of passengers joined in singing. The preacher was disappointed at the number of people that chorused along. He called off the song.

“I don’t know why some people will be forming big man for God. If you visit Igbobi hospital, you will know that you are not better than the people there. Open your mouth and sing unto God”

By the time he introduced another song, a good number of people joined in singing and clapping. Some boys at the back took over the show from the preacher; they started singing and clapping very loudly to the amazement of everybody in the bus.
The preacher would sing “today is da day amen, da day of the lord amen.”
The rest of the passengers would echoed “today is da day amen, da day of the lord amen.”
After that song the man started prophesying into the lives of all the passengers.

Preacher: Wherever you are going today, you will come back in one piece
Passenger: Amen
Preacher: Whatever you are looking for, you will find them
Preacher: you will receive a strange phone call

Nobody uttered a word.

Preacher: the strange call will offer you contracts
Preacher: the stranger will offer you pounds

The amen was louder this time around

Preacher: The plan of your enemy against you will not work
Preacher: Amen. Please clap for our God.

The clap was thunderous.

The preacher was about to resume after he succeeded in getting the passengers to stop clapping. The three boys resumed clapping. They clapped and clapped until the rest of the passengers resumed clapping with them.
It took a sharp swerve by the driver to call the passengers to order.

Driver: See them, after this prayer; all of you still dey fear?

Everybody burst into laughter.

Passenger: Come driver, take your time o.
Preacher: Please my brothers and sisters, I haven’t finished. I am from the Roving ministry. We move from bus to bus preaching. If you have anything to give in helping to move this ministry forward, we will appreciate it. One thousand or five hundred or two hundred or hundred or fifty naira or twenty naira; whatever you can give, give.

Everywhere became quiet. The boys that had been making noise suddenly became quiet.

Preacher: Brothers and sisters please don’t keep quiet. Remember God loves a cheerful giver.

The preacher brought out a bundle of envelopes and asked the passengers to take and pass to their neighbour. People kept passing the envelopes without taking any. The preacher looked on in frustration.

Preacher: Lagosians make una give God money o

Everybody burst out laughing. I suddenly realized we have crossed New Garage heading towards Ojota.
“Ojota wa o” I shouted. In no time, we were at Ojota bus stop. The bus pulled up right under the bridge, I alighted and headed for my business.

Credit: LagosConvo
Re: The Preacher On Ise Oluwa Bus by davdandam(m): 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
Funny but stolen from Lagos convo. ....pls give credits thanks.
Re: The Preacher On Ise Oluwa Bus by SMALLPENIS(f): 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
Mr. Preacher! It all ended up on money matter gringringrin
nice post.

Mods! Front Page!
Re: The Preacher On Ise Oluwa Bus by dstnd: 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
What wil jesus do?
Re: The Preacher On Ise Oluwa Bus by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
dstnd: What wil jesus do?
what will yeshua do
Re: The Preacher On Ise Oluwa Bus by shegxi(m): 8:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
Pastors and preachers........milking gullible nigerians since 1900AD

(1) (Reply)

Total Oil CEO Christophe De margerie Killed In Moscow Plane crash / Oscar Pistorius Jailed For Five Years / Photos From The First Bank Bomb Blast In Bauchi State (GRAPHIC PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.