Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux, Unix And Mac OS X - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux, Unix And Mac OS X (13146 Views)

Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment / Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux,unix And Mac OS X / Iphone,ipad And MAC OS App Designers,where Art Thou? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux, Unix And Mac OS X by Barywhyte(m): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
kishimi8: as for osx this vulnerability affects only those using xserver or anyone that enables remote logins or remote management on his mac.
if u use your system like an everyday joe aint nothing to be scared of..

Thats true

some devils are already exploiting this bug as we speak now. any new patches could only be as good as the moment as server owners need to be on the look out for more updates releases. there are only few linux techists on nairaland. @bigrovar is one tho. i know him
Re: Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux, Unix And Mac OS X by Enouwem(m): 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
Android device owners can scan their devices with this application to check if their device is vulnerable to the exploit..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimperium.zshellshock
Re: Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux, Unix And Mac OS X by litaninja(m): 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
DonaldGenes:

Microsoft OS is not always secured, do you know I can remotely shut down your system if I know your IP address?

Have you seen that simple CMD promt code before?
C:\shutdown /i

You know you require elevated privileges to run that remotely right?
Re: Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux, Unix And Mac OS X by DonaldGenes(m): 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
litaninja:

You know you require elevated privileges to run that remotely right?

Absolutely!
Re: Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux, Unix And Mac OS X by sistar007(m): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
embarassed

Re: Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux, Unix And Mac OS X by Enouwem(m): 10:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
sistar007: embarassed
Second picture cracked me up..
Re: Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux, Unix And Mac OS X by seunoni34(m): 12:08am On Sep 28, 2014
Billyonaire: The Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability has been on for a while now and has been used to bypass access controls to inject malicious scripts to servers. The malicious scripts can be used to do a lot of harm to the server even for use of botnets etc.

Solution is to scan your server for the vul and patch the shit. That's it.
XSS is another topic entirely, its not in anyway related to remote hacking.
Re: Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux, Unix And Mac OS X by manudow: 11:16am On Sep 28, 2014
hello everyone ,please apologize for my english ..

Im in possession of a mac os x 10.7.5 for a personnal use , but im using a software of memorization name ANKI which uses a web server to download all my data regularly

It is a risky situation taking into acount that my mac is "vulnerable" ?
Re: Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux, Unix And Mac OS X by kishimi8(m): 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
manudow:
hello everyone ,please apologize for my english ..

Im in possession of a mac os x 10.7.5 for a personnal use , but im using a software of memorization name ANKI which uses a web server to download all my data regularly

It is a risky situation taking into acount that my mac is "vulnerable" ?

no ANKI won't expose u to that. I also use it for my Japanese lang studiess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Build A Forum Website Like Nairaland .com / Javascript Study Group / What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.